Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:21:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250128 times)
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:34:22 PM

5. DELTA. This annoys me the most. When you create a cryptocoin, then the solid base should be good. Gulden is almost 3 years old still struggling to achieve the blocktime it specified 3 years ago. All other coins have blocktime as coded. Gulden is one of the few coins still struggling to get the blocktime that it adverstised. I call bullshit that multipool is to blame. Get your shit straight, Delta is just a hype thing to camouflage that they can't sort the blocktime. If the blocktime was ok, there would be far more dumping because more coins would be mined.

</end rant>

Sorry i have bought ALOT of Gulden and the price is depressing me. I dont blame the developers or anybody but myself. But i hate it when people are following a coin like sheep and not seeing the truth.

The latest changes to DELTA have sorted out the block numbers. It's been perfect since the DELTA switchover in December 2016 as far as I am concerned. This is why people like Kenchanyu are complaining for the exact reason you bring up. but the fact is this is how many blocks per day should be mined.

Litesire

Activity: 458

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:42:54 PM

When I see now that there are two more dev's (both friends and family) it sort of looks like they are spending a lot more on the same stuff (friends creating app's).

Are they South African? Hope this coin gets more dutch dev's as it is loosing it's identity and being overtaken by South Africans. It should be marketed as South African coin and not as dutch if they are South African also. Very disappointing that the only Dutch guy (Rijk) is not even a developer.

I do agree that they are spending ALOT more on the same stuff (hey cousin, you need money? We got dutch fools throwing money for free at us. Hey uncle, you need money? We are looting the dutchies, time for payback what they have done to us). Don't like this friends and family politics at all. Creating an elite group of friends and family is bad for Gulden. They only see Gulden as an moneymakingmachine, nothing more.
Now Prime could costs 200 BTC instead of the initial 20 BTC.

I hope i am wrong.

That would be true if no development was taking place but you have admitted yourself this coin is in the top 5 when it comes to development. The funny thing is this team is more independent then the cartel driven coins that run 90% of crypto that actually do take your money and run.
All I see in this topic is people desperately trying to get in cheap before Prime is released.

DashNLG

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:56:51 PM

You don't know any coin that releases faster? Perhaps you don't know other coins?
Bitcoin and Dash delivers much more releases than Gulden. Gulden is in the top 5 of fast releasers but it isn't the fastest.

Dash in the past has released innovative features quicker, Gulden is only starting to do this since 1.6.0 release. Gulden can learn a lesson from Dash that innovation is what will drive a coins value up.
2017 Dash and Gulden will be mainly doing innovation projects according to what I see on the Roadmap and Gulden is the better investment at these prices. Dash had a really good run in the last month and needs to be stable for awhile.
Altcoinfanatic

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 02:55:35 PM

I hope i am wrong.

Get on their slack. Air some of your concerns, since not everything looks like what they're claiming. Those arrogant bastards will f* you left right and center with troll-seeking missiles, then kick you out.

Almost all my DGB friends are already kicked out. According to them the rules are:

1. Don't speak positive about other coins with better development (there are only couple better but still) or you will get kick out
2. Praise the development team all times.
3. Don't mention the premine or you will get kick out
4. Don't mention moving the premine to a safe multisig address or you will get kick out
5. Don't ask for detailed info (how/when it has been spent) or you will get kick out. They will tell only what amount was spent with a vague reason. No transparency.
6. They got an inner circle slack channel with only the real trusted members. They don't know that there are still some DGB fans in it. You would be scared if you know what they say. The discuss people kicking out of meeting if they come, share home addresses of people who question Gulden, share real names of people who question Gulden.
7. No freedom of speech. Obey the rules of Rijk or get out. This is why they moved from bitcointalk to Slack. They like moderation. They will use only moderated mediums because they want to be able to delete things.

I don't know which are true and which not but i certainly will not join their Slack.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:03:58 PM

The latest changes to DELTA have sorted out the block numbers. It's been perfect since the DELTA switchover in December 2016 as far as I am concerned. This is why people like Kenchanyu are complaining for the exact reason you bring up. but the fact is this is how many blocks per day should be mined.

EXACTLY my point! It took them almost 3 years to solve a basic thing! Look around, many coins didn't had this problem from the start and they even don't needed to create a fancy diff retarget system.
If you have a block time for lets say 1 min but in reality it is doing 30 min, then your basic specification are broken. Then in Dec 2016 they decided to fix it.
Let's turn that around. What if they intentionally did not want to fix it because they were fine with it (because low blocks is low coins dumped).
Then now would be the great time to fix it. Just another way to control the market.

I don't know if they did it intentionally but i sure am not happy it took them so much time to get such a basic thing sorted.
Even scam coins got this covered. I don't care if price gets lower, I will buy more.
I just ask all these things in public because i would like to have the answers HERE and not on Slack.
I am not coming to fetch the answer there. I am not a dog. I want the answer here UNMODERATED.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:21:17 PM

When I see now that there are two more dev's (both friends and family) it sort of looks like they are spending a lot more on the same stuff (friends creating app's).

Are they South African? Hope this coin gets more dutch dev's as it is loosing it's identity and being overtaken by South Africans. It should be marketed as South African coin and not as dutch if they are South African also. Very disappointing that the only Dutch guy (Rijk) is not even a developer.

I do agree that they are spending ALOT more on the same stuff (hey cousin, you need money? We got dutch fools throwing money for free at us. Hey uncle, you need money? We are looting the dutchies, time for payback what they have done to us). Don't like this friends and family politics at all. Creating an elite group of friends and family is bad for Gulden. They only see Gulden as an moneymakingmachine, nothing more.

I hope i am wrong.

That would be true if no development was taking place but you have admitted yourself this coin is in the top 5 when it comes to development. The funny thing is this team is more independent then the cartel driven coins that run 90% of crypto that actually do take your money and run.
All I see in this topic is people desperately trying to get in cheap before Prime is released.

You didn't answer any of my questions. I did not say there is no development. And yes Gulden should be in top 5 just not on number 1. Bitcoin and Dash has far better and faster development.
I said they are spending ALOT more on the same stuff. Now Prime could costs 200 BTC instead of the initial 20 BTC. I know they develop. But they eat ALOT more BTC also.
I also said that the development team is more South African rather than dutch.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:28:00 PM

I hope i am wrong.

Get on their slack. Air some of your concerns, since not everything looks like what they're claiming. Those arrogant bastards will f* you left right and center with troll-seeking missiles, then kick you out.

Almost all my DGB friends are already kicked out. According to them the rules are:

1. Don't speak positive about other coins with better development (there are only couple better but still) or you will get kick out

I bet they kicked them for asking why the marketing sucks balls.

No. What I heared is that Gulden was begging in 2015 through Waterloodown for developers. Mani was the only developer till now. He could not do all alone.
They went begging from coin to coin and were turned down by everybody. Waterloodown also offered a big chunk of the premine to developers to join Gulden but the developers still refused the bribe.
Then when DGB fans asked for development support for DGB then Gulden became hypocrites and said that they only work for Gulden. In short: it is ok for other developers to join Gulden but it is not done to expect the same back. This was not nice from the Gulden team.
Then they got kicked out from Slack.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:31:08 PM

I hope i am wrong.

You didn't answer any of my questions. I did not say there is no development. And yes Gulden should be in top 5 just not on number 1. Bitcoin and Dash has far better and faster development.
I said they are spending ALOT more on the same stuff. Now Prime could costs 200 BTC instead of the initial 20 BTC. I know they develop. But they eat ALOT more BTC also.

More South Africans then Dutch? This is not good because the average IQ of South Africans is 77 and for us its 100.

https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:38:00 PM

I hope i am wrong.

No. What I heared is that Gulden was begging in 2015 through Waterloodown for developers. Mani was the only developer till now. He could not do all alone.
They went begging from coin to coin and were turned down by everybody. Waterloodown also offered a big chunk of the premine to developers to join Gulden but the developers still refused the bribe.
Then when DGB fans asked for development support for DGB then Gulden became hypocrites and said that they only work for Gulden. In short: it is ok for other developers to join Gulden but it is not done to expect the same back. This was not nice from the Gulden team.

The conspiracy theories is strong in this one.
Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:48:41 PM

I hope i am wrong.

Stop with the FUD m8, this is your story... waterloodown was turned down by all coins and when the other coins needed help he refused. BIG F'ING SURPRISE ! Go spread your fairy tales elsewhere m8.

Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:10:32 PM

I hope i am wrong.

Stop with the FUD m8, this is your story... waterloodown was turned down by all coins and when the other coins needed help he refused. BIG F'ING SURPRISE ! Go spread your fairy tales elsewhere m8.

No FUD. He asked why they were kicked out. I told him what they said to me.
Ofcourse i understand that if everybody turned Waterloodown down that he turned them down also. No surprise there and I agree with Waterloodown.

This is exactly why i hate some of the community. You all cannot read and are so fast offended.
I replied Danslip why they were kicked out and you guys read something else. Stop being a sheep!
Remember the rules of Slack? They don't apply here!
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:11:54 PM

I hope i am wrong.

No conspiracy here. Ask Waterloodown and the DGB community and you will know. Stop making jokes of the truth.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:16:54 PM

I hope i am wrong.

No conspiracy here. Ask Waterloodown and the DGB community and you will know. Stop making jokes of the truth.

I am going to PM every coin to find out the truth.  Wink I also hold dgb but dgb is not close to Gulden in development, I can see dgb asking Gulden for help.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:53:53 PM

I have some Gulden in my wallet altough I sold a lot during the first pump. I made fantastic profits, so I cannot blame anyone as this coin was very profitable to me. I think that it has potential to repeat a huge pump, especially, if we take into account  the climate of the upcoming elections in Holland. Remember, for example, Aurora coin and elections in Iceland.  

This Prime development will cause some interest but don't expect it out in March like the roadmap says. The devs are always late on projects , not only Gulden devs but all devs. Prime will be out in May.

Team was only 2 weeks behind on the massive 1.6.0 release, I don't see them being 2 months behind schedule on Prime.

This is the best investment imo out of all the coins out there. I only say this because DASH has gone up a lot in value this last week. This coin should be $100 million in marketcap with the projects coming up.

New announcement by the dev team yesterday, this is good news for Gulden.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/

New Core Team members:

As of the 1st March David Joffe has officially joined the core development team. David has been working with Malcolm, our current core developer, for around 10 years. David has a similar skill set to Malcolm with extensive experience in networking code.

On the 1st June Rits will be joining the team as an iOS/OSX developer, more details on his projects will be announced on the roadmap closer to his appointment date.

It was paramount that we grew the team at the right time and more importantly with the right people. This has been made possible by the continued funding by the Gulden users at Gulden shares . Thank you!

Due to the new appointments we are now able to move away from the linear way of dealing with our projects and replace it with a multi focus approach.

Expect more updates from us in the near future regarding our projects.

Great update for Gulden, Goodluck to the new developers!
Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:49:56 PM

I hope i am wrong.

Ofcourse i understand that if everybody turned Waterloodown down that he turned them down also. No surprise there and I agree with Waterloodown.

This is exactly why i hate some of the community. You all cannot read and are so fast offended.
I replied Danslip why they were kicked out and you guys read something else. Stop being a sheep!

M8 in every community you not going to get on with everyone, it's only natural, if you unhappy with the community then dump your coins and move on.

donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:41:22 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 11:49:31 PM by donnatello

2. Praise the development team all times.
3. Don't mention the premine or you will get kick out
4. Don't mention moving the premine to a safe multisig address or you will get kick out
5. Don't ask for detailed info (how/when it has been spent) or you will get kick out. They will tell only what amount was spent with a vague reason. No transparency.
6. They got an inner circle slack channel with only the real trusted members. They don't know that there are still some DGB fans in it. You would be scared if you know what they say. The discuss people kicking out of meeting if they come, share home addresses of people who question Gulden, share real names of people who question Gulden.
7. No freedom of speech. Obey the rules of Rijk or get out. This is why they moved from bitcointalk to Slack. They like moderation. They will use only moderated mediums because they want to be able to delete things.

I don't know which are true and which not but i certainly will not join their Slack.

I'm not plugged into the whole DGB fracas, and I'm not interested. I will confirm though that my experience with those arrogant bastards is similar. Young turds who made a million off the back of others and feeling like everyone should lap up their lies and their attitude.
TomPetty

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:54:50 AM

I hope i am wrong.

More South Africans then Dutch? This is not good because the average IQ of South Africans is 77 and for us its 100.

https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country

I am sure this new dev has a IQ of 77. Keep shitting in your pants trolls.

http://tshwanedje.com/members/djoffe/cv.html
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1345

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:03:40 AM

Development is slow but steady. I see no problem in that.

I do have some doubts about the pre-mine and the lack of openness about that by the dev team. I know they have this page where you can see what they spend, but not on what and there is also over 600BTC paid for shares that is completely off the radar.

When I see now that there are two more dev's (both friends and family) it sort of looks like they are spending a lot more on the same stuff (friends creating app's). Other projects do this as well (like Groestl), only in their own time, at their own costs and without any premine. Fact is projects like Groestl produce even higher quality and way more lines of code. This team surely does it's job right, but way more expensive and at a much lower pace. In my opinion Gulden will have way better chances if they start hiring some good PR in stead of more slow coders.

And then there is the issue of the ETF approval that is almost sure to go through this Saturday. I know officially it will be announced on Monday, but the default term actually ends this Saturday. Effectively it will be approved by default if it is not explicitly declined before the end of tomorrow. I'm sure a lot of people are going to speculate on ETF approval this weekend. This could easily boost BTC price above $ 2000. If that happens, Gulden will surely drop sub 750 SAT. So I for one am seriously thinking of temporarily selling out on this one for now and buy back at pre summer 2016 prices.

Just my two cents.
I don't think ETF is going to be approved at all, I don't see any signs it is going to be approved, if it was then we could reach the price you state but I think it is unlikely bitcoin will reach that price without the ETF approval.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
TwoRightsMakeARight (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:13:25 AM

I am sure this new dev has a IQ of 77. Keep shitting in your pants trolls.

http://tshwanedje.com/members/djoffe/cv.html

I have started buying this coin again but not too much as I am not sure if the price will fall more but it is looking encouraging that they have multiple qualified developers that are involved with this coin.
investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:25:22 AM

I hope i am wrong.

M8 in every community you not going to get on with everyone, it's only natural, if you unhappy with the community then dump your coins and move on.

2017 is the year that determines if gulden has a future, I was impressed with the amount of development in 2016 but the devs must not let the momentum slip. Prime is the project we have been waiting for and the only project on the roadmap that is capable of pushing this coin into the top 10. The team must admit that the crypto world is after innovation. 1.6.0 proved with all the innovative wallet features, that this is what people care about or the marketcap would be back to < $800 000.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: