Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250123 times)
CoinTracks

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:50:13 PM

and I am sure some were saying the opposite, views are very different within any community. What it all comes down to is being in a community you comfortable with . I don't know if convincing others not to feel comfortable in any given environment helps or not. People will gravitate to the people they want to be with.

Well said. If the "kingpins" of NLG have this kind of perspective, I am sure that this coin will have a brighter future.
Before stepping into this Snakepit, ask yourself these questions:

Do you really feel comfortable in a community of dictatorship of Rijk, who is pretending to run a business instead of a decentral cryptocurrency?
Do you really feel comfortable with a community who will share personal data if you do not follow the leader (rijk) or if you have some valid critisism?
Do you really want to be in a manipulative community where you do not see the strings very clear but they are certainly there?
Puppetmaster Rijk only accepts you and his other followers when you lick his ..., otherwise BAN! and maybe worse, they will talk about you if you were a criminal, while off course, they are the criminals with their overpriced Gulden Premine Sell off.

Just read this thread from page ~47 and you all will understand.

Is Waterloodown part of Gulden, he has not posted in a long time?

Waterloodown is paid by Gulden, if he was part of Gulden he would do development (with Malcolm) for free and Gulden didn't need the premine.

Once you give up anonymity and dedicate yourself to a project you get paid, ETH, Dash, Ripple etc

Coins with anonymous developers can create a million coins, dump and move onto the next. This is how anonymous scam developers get paid.

I will never invest in a coin with anonymous developers.

Who said something about anonymous developers?

Lack of reading skills are a big handicap at the Gulden community.

You are implying developers must work for free? Context matters. Steve Jobs got paid but he also was part of Apple.

Evan Duffield gets paid and he is part of Dash.

Steve Jobs had only $1 salary since 2009. Google it!

You "not so very clever person"!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:52:41 AM

I was told by a slack community member that there won't be a whitepaper for project Prime. I am disappointed as this was promised on the roadmap before it was removed.

Who told you this?
DashNLG

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:22:31 AM

I was told by a slack community member that there won't be a whitepaper for project Prime. I am disappointed as this was promised on the roadmap before it was removed.

Who told you this?

Whitepaper is a nice to have but I would rather have the devs doing development instead of creating hype.
SuperOrca

Activity: 188

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:45:42 AM

Who told you this?

Whitepaper is a nice to have but I would rather have the devs doing development instead of creating hype.

I would not dismiss the power a well thought out whitepaper will have on the market. More then the development itself. It shows that the devs can articulate their innovation.

This will give the market more confidence.
DashNLG

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:48:46 AM

Who told you this?

I would not dismiss the power a well thought out whitepaper will have on the market. More then the development itself. It shows that the devs can articulate their innovation.

It won't make a difference in the long term.
Luuk

Activity: 142

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:40:29 AM

Who told you this?

It was done in private chat and it will stay private unless that person wants to confirm what I said.
CoinTracks

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:19:08 AM

Who told you this?

Devs are not interest in providing white paper. Takes time of playing favorite game Day of Tentacle. Is why 2 week full time project takes 11 months. Shareholders paid for playtime, not develop time! Other devs don't care, they busy spend premine on coke and hookers.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:38:11 AM

A whitepaper would be nice and push it further than the vapourware Prime currently is. For me it's just a hype train that you can follow or not. Until provided with more insight on how it would work, or an implementation in the code don't bother with it.

As for the devs: both coding devs have apparently a full time paid job (translation software development, http://tshwanedje.com/about/ ), I still find it strange that people bought into the idea that they would work full time on NLG.
CoinTracks

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:56:56 AM

also don't you think it is a bit rich talking about vaporware when you are the developer of one of the largest scam coins that has delivered nothing in almost a year, just a cheap copy of digibyte that a kid could have done in a day? when is team cameltoe going to deliver something? gulden team has delivered a bunch, get your own house in order before you come here with your bullshit.

Other coin also sold $ 700,000 shares with lie about doing full time dev work for it? Maybe it just dev can't code longer than 5 minutes and then needs to go back to his Day of Tentacle addiction. Not his fault, he can't help it!

July dev said: "Give 50BTC and we can do 3000h development, including Prime and /\". Now they scammed almost 600BTC from Gulden sheep and spend 160BTC. No Prime, no /\.

Yeah, delivered a bunch.....

.... OF CRAP!
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:57:07 AM

yep, there is absolutely no way that a software development company that lists 'custom software development' as one of the things that they do would take on a project like this where they get paid to do custom software development, no way at all.
by the way who said the second developer is full time?

Nowhere it was mentioned they hired the company to do their development, why would they hide this fact if that's really true? They have hired external developers/companies in the past to do development.

also don't you think it is a bit rich talking about vaporware when you are the developer of one of the largest scam coins that has delivered nothing in almost a year, just a cheap copy of digibyte that a kid could have done in a day? when is team cameltoe going to deliver something? gulden team has delivered a bunch, get your own house in order before you come here with your bullshit.

We solved our problems... NLG is "still tweaking" it. Besides, recently we solved many problems DGB still has. As for the rest in development, our markets are reasonable healthy, in Iceland we have a lot going on, and more is coming up. And we have a foundation that keeps an open ledger on the remaining pre-mine (minus the airdrop and burned pre-mine), instead of being in possession of a single person that can be hit by a car, has to pay taxes (1,65% on the pre-mine in euros, box 3 of the Dutch income tax) and might have legal obligations to others where they could claim the pre-mine.

Our code might not be as "fancy" as NLG's code... but "fancy" doesn't make "your house in better order" by definition.
CoinTracks

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:08:55 PM

Our code might not be as "fancy" as NLG's code... but "fancy" doesn't make "your house in better order" by definition.

Gulden dev: "Hey fancy some code? Only 50BTC!....Oh wait, better make that 160BTC!"
Sheep: "Huh 160BTC, still no code? No problem, In Rijk we trust!"

DUMBASSES!
rkatz

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:40:50 PM

A whitepaper would be nice and push it further than the vapourware Prime currently is. For me it's just a hype train that you can follow or not. Until provided with more insight on how it would work, or an implementation in the code don't bother with it.

As for the devs: both coding devs have apparently a full time paid job (translation software development, http://tshwanedje.com/about/ ), I still find it strange that people bought into the idea that they would work full time on NLG.

Hey Mike; you can act "meh" on bct but you wouldn't be holding if you didn't believe it'd be a success in the end 😉
On the other hand; I suppose it's parts of the game for many larger bagholden to extend your Wallet. That's OK.

A white paper is interesting though if delivery is on time as scheduled I couldn't care less about a white paper at this time due to it being released very soon. I understand it's more fun to make comments that make people fee less secure so you can scoop up more coins but ultimately it's not a big deal as long as they deliver. I doubt you don't agree. Sure; a white paper could be beneficial but it won't dictate success or not in the end pending proper releases.

Devs; if you would be factually informed you'd know what has been promised about "time spend on development"
The developers have done outstanding work with the time dedicated but you'll see soon enough. The prime release will just have to convince you (or not).

It's up to you how you proceed but look at my comments as a try to have a proper discussion Smiley.

For everyone in this topic;
People invested could consider keeping an open mind  and base your comments on performance rather than feelings or sentiment it'd be a lot more fun for everyone (including yourself!) There's a lot of good things happening and there is just no need for this negativity (it happens with a lot of projects so I guess it's how BCT members want to do their business?).

I guess this post will trigger another bunch of sour comments from some but I guess that's how some people want to present themselves. P.s. I don't care about other coins mentioned (not because I'm against them but I just don't care..).

BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:45:14 PM

We solved our problems... NLG is "still tweaking" it. Besides, recently we solved many problems DGB still has. As for the rest in development, our markets are reasonable healthy, in Iceland we have a lot going on, and more is coming up. And we have a foundation that keeps an open ledger on the remaining pre-mine (minus the airdrop and burned pre-mine), instead of being in possession of a single person that can be hit by a car, has to pay taxes (1,65% on the pre-mine in euros, box 3 of the Dutch income tax) and might have legal obligations to others where they could claim the pre-mine.

okay, whatever lets you live with yourself and sleep at night, scammer...

if you spent half the time developing your scam coin, as you do obsessing over gulden which you are incapable of letting go despite your constant mud slinging then maybe aurora would not be such a shitfest. if the gulden devs are as bad as you keep claiming then why is the coin so good, lets face the facts they are way better than you will ever be, and you know it, thats why you still own gulden and always will.

team cameltoe, still doing nothing but whining and scamming 3 years later, what a bunch of basic bitches

What? That you call the coin that I work on a scam coin is fine by me. Many uninformed people parrot others, but where did you get that I scam people? Please enlighten me who I scammed and how? I do my development on my coin in my spare time (I don't get paid for it), I don't expect anything from any one, all I want is that it becomes successful. I'm also not part of Criptoe, as far as I know only one member in our dev team is part of Criptoe. All other members are not.

The reason I still own Gulden has nothing to do with the NLG dev team or their choices, but more that I want NLG to succeed as well as the coin I participate in development. Dumping my whole stash on the market would damage NLG too much, which it and its legitimate users IMHO would not deserve.

Back on-topic:
As far as Prime, we've only heard a fancy name and some vague claims of what it will be. That's why I call it vapourware. I've put a lot of effort in NLG in the past and I think people deserve to hear as many opinions regarding this as possible (to make a good judgement on the topic question). It might not seem like that, but I'm trying to be constructive here, not whining. But you know what... I let you guys to it... got better things to do than spend my time on trolls.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:00:21 PM

Hey Mike; you can act "meh" on bct but you wouldn't be holding if you didn't believe it'd be a success in the end 😉
On the other hand; I suppose it's parts of the game for many larger bagholden to extend your Wallet. That's OK.

See my comment above. People have recently offered me NLG for services... I declined because I already have too much of it (yes, that is possible). I'm not saying these things for buying more at a lower price, (read again: I have enough NLG). With the recent pump and dump I'd rather see a stable NLG price for a few months. That would be a signal for me to buy. I always do things targetted at long term.

A white paper is interesting though if delivery is on time as scheduled I couldn't care less about a white paper at this time due to it being released very soon. I understand it's more fun to make comments that make people fee less secure so you can scoop up more coins but ultimately it's not a big deal as long as they deliver. I doubt you don't agree. Sure; a white paper could be beneficial but it won't dictate success or not in the end pending proper releases.

Like I said: whitepaper or code implementation release would both be fine for me. I'm more interested in how they would achieve things that the whole crypto community hasn't been able to solve yet. Credit where it's due, but not on vapourware.

A whitepaper could also help other people to look at it before it is released. It is easy to miss errors or loop holes, which could be removed before actual code is in production. That things go wrong are shown quite often (even NLG hasn't got a clean track record in that respect). I'm an foss supporter, this is in line with the same principles as in the FOSS community.
rkatz

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:04:35 PM

See my comment above. People have recently offered me NLG for services... I declined because I already have too much of it (yes, that is possible). I'm not saying these things for buying more at a lower price, (read again: I have enough NLG). With the recent pump and dump I'd rather see a stable NLG price for a few months. That would be a signal for me to buy. I always do things targetted at long term.

Like I said: whitepaper or code implementation release would both be fine for me. I'm more interested in how they would achieve things that the whole crypto community hasn't been able to solve yet. Credit where it's due, but not on vapourware.

A whitepaper could also help other people to look at it before it is released. It is easy to miss errors or loop holes, which could be removed before actual code is in production. That things go wrong are shown quite often (even NLG hasn't got a clean track record in that respect). I'm an foss supporter, this is in line with the same principles as in the FOSS community.

OK,thank you for the honest feedback. 👍
DashNLG

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:54:38 PM

OK,thank you for the honest feedback. 👍

What is it about Prime that is making people go crazy? There is a lot of trolls surrounding the project.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:55:58 PM

Other coin also sold $ 700,000 shares with lie about doing full time dev work for it? Maybe it just dev can't code longer than 5 minutes and then needs to go back to his Day of Tentacle addiction. Not his fault, he can't help it!

July dev said: "Give 50BTC and we can do 3000h development, including Prime and /\". Now they scammed almost 600BTC from Gulden sheep and spend 160BTC. No Prime, no /\.

.... OF CRAP!

They were more busy with Niet Stemmers and didn't have time for Gulden last 5 months. With the elections over they might give 10 minutes a day to Gulden while preparing for the next elections with the premine.
CoinTracks

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:16:53 PM

.... OF CRAP!

They were more busy with Niet Stemmers and didn't have time for Gulden last 5 months. With the elections over they might give 10 minutes a day to Gulden while preparing for the next elections with the premine.

This Niet Stemmers new scam?
EFLFoundation

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:36:39 PM

Congratulations to all with 3 years of digital electronic Gulden, a true Dutch piece of history in the making.
Danuberiver

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:13:06 AM

Congratulations to all with 3 years of digital electronic Gulden, a true Dutch piece of history in the making.

TOP! digital electronic Gulden forever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: