Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 02:24:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250131 times)
The213e

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:23:46 AM

As a community, I do not think it is a pleasant group. As soon as you start a discussion and they are fed up, you will be banned and banned from their social media. Compared with other projects, you still have the chance to find out why you have been banned via other channels. But with Gulden there is no way. This makes it less reliable for me.

And as a final argument. Why would you only want to develop a currency for 1 country in the time of Crypto? There are so many possibilities with Blockchain in general. Should a currency be developed for the world in the future, it will quickly take over the place as a global currency. What kind of chances does Gulden still have?

So my opinion about whether it is a good investment. I would personally look further at other projects and put my money into it
PeterPicker

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:50:34 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 11:07:57 AM by PeterPicker

As a community, I do not think it is a pleasant group. As soon as you start a discussion and they are fed up, you will be banned and banned from their social media. Compared with other projects, you still have the chance to find out why you have been banned via other channels. But with Gulden there is no way. This makes it less reliable for me.

And as a final argument. Why would you only want to develop a currency for 1 country in the time of Crypto? There are so many possibilities with Blockchain in general. Should a currency be developed for the world in the future, it will quickly take over the place as a global currency. What kind of chances does Gulden still have?

So my opinion about whether it is a good investment. I would personally look further at other projects and put my money into it

I have a open mind, are you able to provide me with a project that is around the same marketcap as gulden and has completed as much development and expanding on what they have currently.

One of the coins between 200 and 250 on this list.

https://coinmarketcap.com/3

Look at namecoin, rank 233 and it appears they have no development and looking for someone to take over.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6017.1440

We need relaunch this coin, I hope someone able to  take the project to the moon. Cheesy

HTMLCOIN, rank 143, $100 million marketcap.

Serious business here. People losing coins in every post. No development

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=801489.840

It doesn't get much better as I move up the ranks but please good sirs , find me a better coin and I will invest.
The213e

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:14:55 AM

I have a open mind, are you able to provide me with a project that is around the same marketcap as gulden and has completed as much development and expanding on what they have currently.

Look at namecoin, rank 233 and it appears they have no development and looking for someone to take over.

I am not a fan of Ripple, but they have world-wide fame.
They are focused global payments.
PeterPicker

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:21:26 AM

Ripple is rank 3 and $41.5 billion in marketcap. It's also a centralized blockchain which makes development 100 times easier.

Ripple is also 768 times the marketcap of Gulden, a little unfair to compare the 2.
Cmoh

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:25:39 AM

I didn't know about this actually when the ICO came. If you want to know more about this then follow the whitepaper it has first come with and the website of the company. Also, follow the Tokenmarket site for the review.
The213e

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:51:01 PM

Ripple is rank 3 and $41.5 billion in marketcap. It's also a centralized blockchain which makes development 100 times easier.

Ripple is also 768 times the marketcap of Gulden, a little unfair to compare the 2.

People who want to invest in any future currencies will not look for a currency on spot 200. They will look for a coin whose name is already known and which will appear in the top 50. That is why Gulden outside the Netherlands will not catch on either, I'm afraid of + the dictatorship of some people at the Golden Communion is not pleasant either.
PeterPicker

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:40:18 PM

People who want to invest in any future currencies will not look for a currency on spot 200. They will look for a coin whose name is already known and which will appear in the top 50.

Which is why coinmarketcap is a bad way to judge a coin. Most scammers, snake oil salesmen teams will need to make sure they create a currency or token where they can easily slot into the top 50 for enough time that they can cash out on the exchanges.
There is going to be a crash like the .com bubble when people start becoming more educated and look into the shenanigans most of the projects are pulling but until that time they can keep fooling the sheeple.

FantoNas

Activity: 152
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:03:40 PM

So, testing for a few months now... and now they come with "It is extremely complex and must be perfect"?

Seems like they found fundamental, exploitable flaws in their idea.

Can you imagine with a deadline they are unable to deliver something... now without deadline ,what it will be ...

And with their fantastic communication now  everybody know when it will be ready : It will be ready when it will be

G is dying and will be soon a zombie coin
PeterPicker

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:43:06 PM

So, testing for a few months now... and now they come with "It is extremely complex and must be perfect"?

Can you imagine with a deadline they are unable to deliver something... now without deadline ,what it will be ...

And with their fantastic communication now  everybody know when it will be ready : It will be ready when it will be

Well I am still waiting for someone here to tell me what is a better prospect then Gulden and I will happily invest a couple btc into it.
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:43:57 PM

Everytime I see posts like this, I immediately assume no basic knowledge about software development of the issuer of the post. I always wonder why such a person would put a serious amount of money in cryptos, knowing that the market is flooded with scamcoins.
Delay in software release is already an old topic and well known but "There is no silver bullet!", especially not in big releases.
FantoNas

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:32:40 PM

Everytime I see posts like this, I immediately assume no basic knowledge about software development of the issuer of the post. I always wonder why such a person would put a serious amount of money in cryptos, knowing that the market is flooded with scamcoins.
Delay in software release is already an old topic and well known but "There is no silver bullet!", especially not in big releases.
Yes you are right I have no basic knowledge in software development. So I suppose if you want buy stock of a biochemical company , you should at least have Biochemical Phd ? No you read the investor fact sheet , and decide what to do. In this case the fact sheet is the official website where announcement is done. But following your opinion , Dev are liars and we can not trust him. Good to Know.
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:46:37 PM

Yes you are right I have no basic knowledge in software development. So I suppose if you want buy stock of a biochemical company , you should at least have Biochemical Phd ? No you read the investor fact sheet , and decide what to do. In this case the fact sheet is the official website where announcement is done. But following your opinion , Dev are liars and we can not trust him. Good to Know.

If you want to invest in a startup with new biochemical stuff in the pipeline, then you don't need a Phd but you should be able to understand if their claims are rubbish or not. Especially for startups you can't rely on how they performed so far. Also you should be able to know your risk, which safes you from surprises. If you can't do this either the company is not transparent enough or you didn't do enough own research.. or both.
I don't see evidence that they are liars, nor is this my opinion. Since I know about the difficulties to estimate time consumption of a software project I never saw those dates in the roadmap as a promise but as a self set goal of the developers.
MakeItFit

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:17:52 PM

We need relaunch this coin, I hope someone able to  take the project to the moon. Cheesy

HTMLCOIN, rank 143, $100 million marketcap.

Serious business here. People losing coins in every post. No development

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=801489.840

It doesn't get much better as I move up the ranks but please good sirs , find me a better coin and I will invest.

I had a look at 12 coins between rank 100 and 200 and they were all dreadful, how do these other coins have such high marketcaps?
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:42:54 PM

Well I am still waiting for someone here to tell me what is a better prospect then Gulden and I will happily invest a couple btc into it.

I guess, if you are unable to find better prospects yourself, you better invest your couple of BTC in Gulden. Just keep the faith.
PeterPicker

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:16:48 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 07:38:40 PM by PeterPicker

And with their fantastic communication now  everybody know when it will be ready : It will be ready when it will be

I guess, if you are unable to find better prospects yourself, you better invest your couple of BTC in Gulden. Just keep the faith.

I already have slightly over 100k coins and I feel this is more then enough to hold for the long term and witness for 3 years. I don't mind buying another +- 200k at around 1000 sat if it comes to that and I will end up becoming a 1/1300 holder at current supply.
My projection for Gulden is that it is a $1 billion coin within 3 years and I would be making about 15 times my initial investment excluding the rewards I will get for witnessing.

I don't know if Gulden is a good enough but compared to everything else I have looked into, and I have looked into a lot of coins, this is the best by far at today's value.

I am open to other coin suggestions , hidden gems that I might have missed.
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:16:52 PM

More and more apps are adding the Nocks Exchange, thus Gulden price.

https://twitter.com/bituniverse_org/status/966221811372339201
FantoNas

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:12:52 PM

This is what happens when you treat people like rubbish:

https://guldenscam.wordpress.com/

Not from me ... but I think It is just the begining.
The Fraction

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:37:24 PM

This is what happens when you treat people like rubbish:

https://guldenscam.wordpress.com/

Not from me ... but I think It is just the begining.

That is what happens when you are a (stake)holder in EFL* or buy in at 40ct because everyone was talking about cryptocurrency, but 1 bitcoin is too expensive.

*Clear reference promoting other coin in the text

Goolden

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:14:06 PM

Sometimes I wonder what is going on with some people, how can their brain be washed like this. It is so obvious that Gulden team cannot deliver on their promises. I'm to damn frustrated and tired to recall all their delays, lies and unfair behavior. I only wish I'd forget I've ever been involved in this bshit, but I cannot since I hold quite a number of tokens. Just waiting for the super-mega-greatest ever-never going to happen- update to dump everything, damn it!
fallen0987

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:04:51 AM

My 2 cents.  some people on this thread share good information and share good ideas both positive and negative.  But others just say nonsense.  If you have no interest in this coin then why waste your time making stupid comments.  I see the frustration, everyone wants the update to be released because everyone knows the price will shoot up.  Will Gulden be around in a few years? My opinion yes.  I don't feel that way about a lot of crypto coins.  If you don't think Gulden will succeed then don't invest.  Rijk made it clear his interest is to make Gulden successful as a coin  that everyone will use.  Do you believe him, if so support Gulden and back the decision that he is doing the right thing.  If not sell all your coins and invest in a coin you trust.  I asked questions on slack and Malcolm and Rijk answered and seemed pretty cool.  Maybe I'm wrong maybe i'm right, but I truly feel Gulden has the potential to be a game changer in the crypto world.
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: