Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:21:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
PeterPicker

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:34:34 AM

My 2 cents.  some people on this thread share good information and share good ideas both positive and negative.  But others just say nonsense.  If you have no interest in this coin then why waste your time making stupid comments.  I see the frustration, everyone wants the update to be released because everyone knows the price will shoot up.  Will Gulden be around in a few years? My opinion yes.  I don't feel that way about a lot of crypto coins.  If you don't think Gulden will succeed then don't invest.  Rijk made it clear his interest is to make Gulden successful as a coin  that everyone will use.  Do you believe him, if so support Gulden and back the decision that he is doing the right thing.  If not sell all your coins and invest in a coin you trust.  I asked questions on slack and Malcolm and Rijk answered and seemed pretty cool.  Maybe I'm wrong maybe i'm right, but I truly feel Gulden has the potential to be a game changer in the crypto world.

I have also challenged others to find a coin around this marketcap that has similar prospects , give me anything outside the top 50 on coinmarketcap for me to compare.

I can't find anything between 100 and 250 at this present time.
Goolden

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:52:40 AM

My 2 cents.  some people on this thread share good information and share good ideas both positive and negative.  But others just say nonsense.  If you have no interest in this coin then why waste your time making stupid comments.  I see the frustration, everyone wants the update to be released because everyone knows the price will shoot up.  Will Gulden be around in a few years? My opinion yes.  I don't feel that way about a lot of crypto coins.  If you don't think Gulden will succeed then don't invest.  Rijk made it clear his interest is to make Gulden successful as a coin  that everyone will use.  Do you believe him, if so support Gulden and back the decision that he is doing the right thing.  If not sell all your coins and invest in a coin you trust.  I asked questions on slack and Malcolm and Rijk answered and seemed pretty cool.  Maybe I'm wrong maybe i'm right, but I truly feel Gulden has the potential to be a game changer in the crypto world.

Two reasons for not agreeing with you: 1) this is the only place people can express frustration or ask inconvenient questions without being banned; 2) try being optimistic and supportive for a year or more, after you see countless deadlines missed, rubbish behavior and no sense of responsibility towards investors. Personally, I am not pissed of because of the price, but because they way these guys are behaving as if they don't owe anything to anyone. When I invested in Gulden, I did it based on an existing product, a whitepaper and a roadmap. They are not delivering on promises and not by just a week or two, but by months, many months. Try telling this on slack and remain optimistic afterwards.
BigDikBTC

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:09:08 AM

My 2 cents.  some people on this thread share good information and share good ideas both positive and negative.  But others just say nonsense.  If you have no interest in this coin then why waste your time making stupid comments.  I see the frustration, everyone wants the update to be released because everyone knows the price will shoot up.  Will Gulden be around in a few years? My opinion yes.  I don't feel that way about a lot of crypto coins.  If you don't think Gulden will succeed then don't invest.  Rijk made it clear his interest is to make Gulden successful as a coin  that everyone will use.  Do you believe him, if so support Gulden and back the decision that he is doing the right thing.  If not sell all your coins and invest in a coin you trust.  I asked questions on slack and Malcolm and Rijk answered and seemed pretty cool.  Maybe I'm wrong maybe i'm right, but I truly feel Gulden has the potential to be a game changer in the crypto world.

Two reasons for not agreeing with you: 1) this is the only place people can express frustration or ask inconvenient questions without being banned; 2) try being optimistic and supportive for a year or more, after you see countless deadlines missed, rubbish behavior and no sense of responsibility towards investors. Personally, I am not pissed of because of the price, but because they way these guys are behaving as if they don't owe anything to anyone. When I invested in Gulden, I did it based on an existing product, a whitepaper and a roadmap. They are not delivering on promises and not by just a week or two, but by months, many months. Try telling this on slack and remain optimistic afterwards.

Look, they fucked up royally adding SegSig to this update. PoW2 was ready in August but they wanted to be greedy and add another major project to the same release. It's hard enough for most developers to work on one major project at a time but they decided to do 2 major updates in one release.

The sad part is the 6 month delay might be for nothing if they don't get SegSig working.

It showed a lack of maturity and common sense adding SegSig for this release.
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:49:34 AM

I think it's possible, because there is a boost that will increase gulden. There are many investors here. so do not doubt it because it's proven and tested. thanks.
PeterPicker

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:18:36 AM

Look, they fucked up royally adding SegSig to this update. PoW2 was ready in August but they wanted to be greedy and add another major project to the same release. It's hard enough for most developers to work on one major project at a time but they decided to do 2 major updates in one release.

The sad part is the 6 month delay might be for nothing if they don't get SegSig working.

It showed a lack of maturity and common sense adding SegSig for this release.

Do you think SpaceX would be where it is today without taking risks , so what if SegSig doesn't workout, other coins that have much HIGHER marketcaps then gulden have not got a person moving it forward with no hope in sight, but investors with large funds are bagholding these left for dead coins wishing they had guldens development team. We as gulden holders are very spoilt because there is a lot less risk of losing with gulden then these others.

In December I read Charlie Lee sold all his litecoin, he is still going to run it but what motivation is he going to have to innovate litecoin when he doesn't have a stake in it? This is a 12 billion marketcap coin Smiley

What am I missing that people are disgruntled about a $50 million marketcap coin that is already better then everything outside the top 50 without the next update?
krm4700

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:38:24 AM

it is said that this coin with solid projects will always be good because it is a unit that attracts investors attention

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
BannedFromSlack

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:00:39 AM

I have also challenged others to find a coin around this marketcap that has similar prospects , give me anything outside the top 50 on coinmarketcap for me to compare.

Digibyte, rank 55. They doing a lot of development and I sold my gulden to invest in them. On telegram there is a lot more freedom to talk about the positives and negatives they facing. EG. They decided not to join some exchange because they want $100 000 to list coins, they said it's better not to pay because of all the scam ICOs they have added.

Also a lot of Dutch people investing in this coin. They did a big update in 2017 and this week another big update. Gulden last big update was 2016.

https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/965792518032973824

"#DigiByte v6.16.1 Release summary: Worlds 1st #SegWit GUI wallet! Over 100,000 lines of code changed. 3 new GUI Themes (White, Blue, Black). Speed enhancements. New $DGB address prefix "dgb1" to prevent sending to wrong #blockchain. On par with $BTC 0.16. #P2SH changed '3' to 'S'"

I will look for more coins and add here.
The Fraction

Activity: 62
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:11:27 AM

My 2 cents.  some people on this thread share good information and share good ideas both positive and negative.  But others just say nonsense.  If you have no interest in this coin then why waste your time making stupid comments.  I see the frustration, everyone wants the update to be released because everyone knows the price will shoot up.  Will Gulden be around in a few years? My opinion yes.  I don't feel that way about a lot of crypto coins.  If you don't think Gulden will succeed then don't invest.  Rijk made it clear his interest is to make Gulden successful as a coin  that everyone will use.  Do you believe him, if so support Gulden and back the decision that he is doing the right thing.  If not sell all your coins and invest in a coin you trust.  I asked questions on slack and Malcolm and Rijk answered and seemed pretty cool.  Maybe I'm wrong maybe i'm right, but I truly feel Gulden has the potential to be a game changer in the crypto world.

You merely bought a cryptocurrency. So when you go to a foreign country, buy the foreign currency, you are suddenly an investor? Your currency is used to pay for products and services.
The development team owes you nothing, unless you personally fund them.

If you in fact did invest in the development with shares.gulden.com, then you have the right to speak about them owing you something. Please dont mix this up.
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:18:06 AM

Youtuber Decentralized TV looks at Gulden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdeXTcerkBM&feature=share
DashNLG

Activity: 156

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:49:36 AM

I will have to agree with some of the comments here in the past that the marketing of gulden is poor. This is the most likely reason for the low marketcap.  Good if you investing in the hope the marketing situation changes. The development is more then good enough as PeterPicker has stated while comparing Gulden to other coins with a higher ranking on coinmarketcap.

Can you send this link to Rijk or whoever runs marketing for Gulden?
CJwalters

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:08:35 AM

I watch Decentralized TV almost daily. Looked into Gulden and holy smokes this coin has a poor market capitalisation. What is worse is this coin is 4 years old and I have never heard of it.

I bought some coins up earlier because the price looks too good for what the coin already offers in features, merchants in the Netherlands.

Can anyone explain what the PoS witnessing is all about?
wack slack

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:12:00 AM

It is a rubbish coin
PeterPicker

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:24:12 AM

It is a rubbish coin

Can you post coins that are better with a rank on coinmarketcap between 100 and 250. This is a serious question!
PeterPicker

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:26:04 AM

Digibyte, rank 55. They doing a lot of development and I sold my gulden to invest in them. On telegram there is a lot more freedom to talk about the positives and negatives they facing. EG. They decided not to join some exchange because they want $100 000 to list coins, they said it's better not to pay because of all the scam ICOs they have added.

Also a lot of Dutch people investing in this coin. They did a big update in 2017 and this week another big update. Gulden last big update was 2016.

https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/965792518032973824

"#DigiByte v6.16.1 Release summary: Worlds 1st #SegWit GUI wallet! Over 100,000 lines of code changed. 3 new GUI Themes (White, Blue, Black). Speed enhancements. New $DGB address prefix "dgb1" to prevent sending to wrong #blockchain. On par with $BTC 0.16. #P2SH changed '3' to 'S'"

I will look for more coins and add here.

I will look into this coin, thanks.
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:28:56 AM

It is a rubbish coin

Don’t be silly. For traders maybe, but the tech is solid.

For more info on witnessing, please read the whitepaper on dev.gulden.com or this article on Gulden and witnessing. http://guldenbites.com/2018/02/13/linux-magazine-about-gulden/
CJwalters

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:39:57 AM

It is a rubbish coin

Don’t be silly. For traders maybe, but the tech is solid.

For more info on witnessing, please read the whitepaper on dev.gulden.com or this article on Gulden and witnessing. http://guldenbites.com/2018/02/13/linux-magazine-about-gulden/

cheers
Dirkeeee

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:25:06 PM

I will have to agree with some of the comments here in the past that the marketing of gulden is poor. This is the most likely reason for the low marketcap.  Good if you investing in the hope the marketing situation changes. The development is more then good enough as PeterPicker has stated while comparing Gulden to other coins with a higher ranking on coinmarketcap.

Can you send this link to Rijk or whoever runs marketing for Gulden?

Not to do with marketing, I recently found out that a lot of people are forcing the price down as a way to punish the developers for not releasing any news on PoW2 and SegSig because voicing your concerns only gets you banned. The only way to get the developers attention is through driving the price into the ground. With more transparency faith in the market will be restored.
Okumi

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:17:57 PM

I have been following Gulden for 4 years and have been holding on my coins for 4 year aswell.

I am just gonna give my honest opinion on Gulden.

I have trusted Gulden for 2 years and this trust has been decreasing with time. The first year had gone complicated and I had invested only based on feeling. I could have invested much better on coins like Ethereum or Dash, but I was a student and didn't have much money to invest. (And the crypto had just started to rise).

But after Malcolm had joined the Gulden team. My trust in the team had increased and after the updates like android/iphone app/Gulden 2.0 it made me realise that the team could make something big out of it except for one person. And this one person has actually ruined it for many people. And this person is Rijk. We can all agree that he is an asshole. I am gonna be honest the only reason I am still staying is because of Malcolm.

I do find it understandable on why Rijk bans people, because of the discussions in the first two years with some investors. And people asking useless questions. He had enough of that, but the thing is you have to acccept criticism.  Especiaslly if you are the one of the responsible people. He keeps asking the community to stop talking and start acting. And wants them to work on with the team, but whenever people ask if it's possible or if they can get support from the Gulden team. Rijk just ignores them.

Here is the problem the community has: (which Rijk doesn't understand any shit)
When you promote Gulden people go to the Gulden website(which is made by Gulden team)
When new investors has questions and interest(They go to slack which Gulden team has total control over it)
When new investors have critism or ideas they ask the gulden team(Which Rijk doesn't appreciate)

So Rijk wants the community to promote Gulden and when we do promote you just chase investors fcking away. How fcking smart of you RIJK.

But the problem doesn't end with this. Rijk only supports his friends or family or I don't know maybe with some people he has deals with (NOCKS). As we all know he wants everyone to use NOCKS and doesn't appreciate other exchanges. I support the idea of Gulden to become independent of Bitcoin, but that doesn't mean you can force people to only exchange on Nocks.

It all comes to this either Rijk just fcking leave the team and let other responsible people do his work or He fcking stops acting like asshole and let the community has their say in things.

There are much more to say, but that would only be speculations.
Like why does it take them so long to develop the PoW2. Are they waiting because they have other reasons (Like release it when nocks can exchange with other fiat, so that they make more profit)
Or are they waiting so that people keep dumping so that some other people(I don't know his family/friends) can buy it lower.

these are all speculations, but people will keep speculating and keep asking questions when you don't fcking give answer RIJK...

KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:46:27 PM

I have been following Gulden for 4 years and have been holding on my coins for 4 year aswell.

I am just gonna give my honest opinion on Gulden.

I have trusted Gulden for 2 years and this trust has been decreasing with time. The first year had gone complicated and I had invested only based on feeling. I could have invested much better on coins like Ethereum or Dash, but I was a student and didn't have much money to invest. (And the crypto had just started to rise).

But after Malcolm had joined the Gulden team. My trust in the team had increased and after the updates like android/iphone app/Gulden 2.0 it made me realise that the team could make something big out of it except for one person. And this one person has actually ruined it for many people. And this person is Rijk. We can all agree that he is an asshole. I am gonna be honest the only reason I am still staying is because of Malcolm.

I do find it understandable on why Rijk bans people, because of the discussions in the first two years with some investors. And people asking useless questions. He had enough of that, but the thing is you have to acccept criticism.  Especiaslly if you are the one of the responsible people. He keeps asking the community to stop talking and start acting. And wants them to work on with the team, but whenever people ask if it's possible or if they can get support from the Gulden team. Rijk just ignores them.

Here is the problem the community has: (which Rijk doesn't understand any shit)
When you promote Gulden people go to the Gulden website(which is made by Gulden team)
When new investors has questions and interest(They go to slack which Gulden team has total control over it)
When new investors have critism or ideas they ask the gulden team(Which Rijk doesn't appreciate)

So Rijk wants the community to promote Gulden and when we do promote you just chase investors fcking away. How fcking smart of you RIJK.

But the problem doesn't end with this. Rijk only supports his friends or family or I don't know maybe with some people he has deals with (NOCKS). As we all know he wants everyone to use NOCKS and doesn't appreciate other exchanges. I support the idea of Gulden to become independent of Bitcoin, but that doesn't mean you can force people to only exchange on Nocks.

It all comes to this either Rijk just fcking leave the team and let other responsible people do his work or He fcking stops acting like asshole and let the community has their say in things.

There are much more to say, but that would only be speculations.
Like why does it take them so long to develop the PoW2. Are they waiting because they have other reasons (Like release it when nocks can exchange with other fiat, so that they make more profit)
Or are they waiting so that people keep dumping so that some other people(I don't know his family/friends) can buy it lower.

these are all speculations, but people will keep speculating and keep asking questions when you don't fcking give answer RIJK...

Rijk can't be spending money on pussy, he sounds too angry to be hiring Hookers.
SuperOrca

Activity: 188

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:00:22 PM

I have read this theory before that they waiting for Nocks to add GBP and USD pairings. they sitting on the release to get in at lower price is another good option.
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: