Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186362 times)
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:52:29 AM

BlockChain technology today is used in different areas of life, not only money transferring. So I think till the technology is living bitcoin will live too.
But you do realize that you could have a Block Chain without Bitcoin. Bitcoin uses it like anyone else can. You are saying something like if cars a still used then a certain brand is still there to be used. This might be the case, but it is not certain.

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:01:38 AM

naaaaaa . bitcoin cant replace by any other cryptocurrency . if ever they can replace bitcoin , its ok bitcoin has done to it .

Maybe Yes, and maybe No too, because we cannot predict on how long the bitcoin will rise and low and we do not know if somebody will do another coin and hit the high price as bitcoin does but then I guess it would be hard to beat bitcoin now because it is so in good condition and being known world wide.

I really doubt that Bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency, but anything could happen. There is no way to predict what is going to happen and it would take a really long time for another coin to just get near the price Bitcoin is at now.
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:19:04 AM

naaaaaa . bitcoin cant replace by any other cryptocurrency . if ever they can replace bitcoin , its ok bitcoin has done to it .

Maybe Yes, and maybe No too, because we cannot predict on how long the bitcoin will rise and low and we do not know if somebody will do another coin and hit the high price as bitcoin does but then I guess it would be hard to beat bitcoin now because it is so in good condition and being known world wide.

I really doubt that Bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency, but anything could happen. There is no way to predict what is going to happen and it would take a really long time for another coin to just get near the price Bitcoin is at now.
Yeah,the only case it can happen really fast if another crypto cathes the fire BTC is on now and is so good that it really takes BTC's place.If you ask is it possible I would say yesh but it has to be really unique and to be better than BTC in a lot of ways and if that happens,we can be sure that another crypto can take BTC's place.What would be the experience of that happening and seeing the rise of a new crypto,pretty great

fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:04:16 AM

There should be another thing -architecture, distribution system, algorithm, technology etc.- that overcome bitcoin technology.

The majority of the cryptocurrencies are a little tweak of the bitcoin architecture.

So the answer is no.

Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:02:32 AM

There should be another thing -architecture, distribution system, algorithm, technology etc.- that overcome bitcoin technology.

The majority of the cryptocurrencies are a little tweak of the bitcoin architecture.

So the answer is no.

We can't be confident with that as the adopters has the final say always, it's not the system alone, it's the trust that matters. When people loses trust to bitcoin, they can transfer that trust to altcoins.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
morgand

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:42:40 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

i think yes. Nothing is gonna be forever. bitcoin maybe will hit $10.000 someday.
But still not forever, some people in this world will make an coin with chance to replace bitcoin.
Johansson6

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:44:37 AM

Nope this is not gonna happen, I have no doubts about the fact that the bitcoin stays the strongest one because its the biggest and also the most known and profitable one.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:09:06 AM

Nope this is not gonna happen, I have no doubts about the fact that the bitcoin stays the strongest one because its the biggest and also the most known and profitable one.
Why are exchanges not exclusively Bitcoin anymore? Why is the portion of Bitcoin in the "All Crypto Market Cap" getting smaller and smaller? Is it because Bitcoin is getting stronger or is it because some altcoins are starting to replace Bitcoin?

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:53:51 AM

There have been a lot of other alt currencies, but don't seem to have what Bitcoin does. I think down the road potentially, but as of now the focus seems to be on how to make Bitcoin better, safer and more accessible. We're pretty bullish on it.
They can't be bitcoin if bitcoin will be died and it will never replace by other cryptocurrencies because i think that bitcoin is the father of all alternative coins if theres no bitcoin it will be worthless for those altcoins. Bitcoin is good and very expensive to be change Tongue

This discussion has nothing to do about being the father of all cryptocurrency, but the usage and effectiveness of Bitcoin with regards to economic and technical use.  

That's right, although there are some factors in bitcoin has made it less in his efficiency and effectivity. like validating the transaction. different with the bank there is some high trust for validating the transaction in bitcoin all of the nodes are same. That's will take more to validation the transaction. and this makes less in his efficiency. but this was preventing about the intervention from the parties.
It would definitely take an amazing new set of features to replace Bitcoin as the top cryptocurrency in the world.

But it’s important to remember that bitcoin can add new features when they prove to be popular with other altcoins.
The only real possible scenario where an altcoin could overtake Bitcoin is if there is some serious flaw in the code that basically causes bitcoin to stop working.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:39:44 AM

It would definitely take an amazing new set of features to replace Bitcoin as the top cryptocurrency in the world.
It would be something other existing crypto-currencies doesn't have and something future crypto-currencies cannot beat or even copy perfectly.

The only real possible scenario where an altcoin could overtake Bitcoin is if there is some serious flaw in the code that basically causes bitcoin to stop working.
It is believed by a good part of the community that bitcoin will be killed by another cryptocurrency and not just simply replace it. Bitcoin would be dead so they we have no other choice but to use a different cryptocurrency or use the coin that killed bitcoin itself. Almost all altcoins promise that they are better than bitcoins but I don't think they actually are since no one has surpassed bitcoins yet. Grin

boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:57:36 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

i think yes. Nothing is gonna be forever. bitcoin maybe will hit $10.000 someday.
But still not forever, some people in this world will make an coin with chance to replace bitcoin.

If bitcoin keeps on falling its price just like what is happening today for sure it can be replaced by another currency. But don't always think that there is an steady increasing crypto currency. It is making the economy balance but if we are going to base bitcoins market cap. It is very impossible that it can be replaced by another coin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:23:43 PM

So the answer is no.

If we see the scenario, the popularity of bitcoin. the demand and the usage of bitcoin. the market, bitcoin accepting websites companies and projects, and of course the Price of Bitcoin which is above 900$ than there is no doubt that at the current time there is no any crypto currency which deserve to replace bitcoin.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:54:56 PM

It will never happen unles someone finds out a holy grail that solves all the problems of PoW (proof of work). PoS (proof of stake) is shit so all the coins based on that system are out of the question, in other words we are going to need something completely new, and right now, I don't see how this is going to happen. Also have in mind PoW was invented in 1997 by Dr Adam Back and is still the best we have for a solid crypto.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 01:04:47 PM

My Straight answer is NO.

But before taking question I wish to know exactly by which intention OP want to know. I means clearly as price or any thing else. Because bitcoin is master currency among all cryptocurrency. At every crypto exchanger Bitcoin is used to evaluate value of other currencies.

But even anyone make new coins as example ZCASH, But still it also evaluated with using of BTC as unit.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:17:48 PM

My Straight answer is NO.

But before taking question I wish to know exactly by which intention OP want to know. I means clearly as price or any thing else. Because bitcoin is master currency among all cryptocurrency. At every crypto exchanger Bitcoin is used to evaluate value of other currencies.

But even anyone make new coins as example ZCASH, But still it also evaluated with using of BTC as unit.

I guess the new era has started, there are rumors that china is making their own digital currency, what if the world did the same, creating their own digital currency? I guess those will slow down bitcoin growth and probably one reason that could make bitcoin at this stage or it is the one with great potential that could replace bitcoin...  Smiley
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:18:31 PM

Why are exchanges not exclusively Bitcoin anymore? Why is the portion of Bitcoin in the "All Crypto Market Cap" getting smaller and smaller? Is it because Bitcoin is getting stronger or is it because some altcoins are starting to replace Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is operating on its own level, but the thing with altcoins is that it's a fairly lucrative industry for exchanges as some altcoins generate huge loads of volumes.

At the time Ethereum at Poloniex was generating like 50,000-100,000BTC of daily volumes, other exchanges won't sit back and look at how Poloniex is scooping up all these trading fees.

That's when even BTC-E decided to list Ethereum while they usually don't list anything. It's just the hunger for money that is pushing exchanges in this direction. Nowadays it's quantity over quality.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:26:10 PM

I have heard on bitnews that in financial circles on Wall street is a brand new "secret" project, whose main purpose is the transformation of Ethereum in a more convenient and practical tool for corporate users. It is mean that Ethereum is going to rise and become same popular as bitcoin is.
mastica

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:09:25 PM

If bitcoin keeps on falling its price just like what is happening today for sure it can be replaced by another currency. But don't always think that there is an steady increasing crypto currency. It is making the economy balance but if we are going to base bitcoins market cap. It is very impossible that it can be replaced by another coin.

This is the main problem you people do have, bitcoin were at this value last year, and without any reason it were pumped into the 900 and above ammounts, what did you expected really? Bitcoin achieve 1200 dollars without failing ? Others coins are damaged they lost a huge part of their value with the bitcoin adventure on the last days, now the most should recover a bit atleast, but the thing is there isnt any other coin to replace bitcoin, just because its volatil.
Invincible

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:14:34 PM

Bitcoin will never be replaced there's simply no expedient or sensible reason for it 
lukmandog

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:17:51 PM

Bitcoin will never be replaced there's simply no expedient or sensible reason for it 

Another cryptocurrency could replace bitcoin for now.  Bitcoin is first and famous cryptocurrency..
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: