Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 08:48:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186362 times)
Westinhome

Activity: 1610
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 07:04:04 PM

Bitcoin replaced by another cryptocurrency?

I think it is impossible. Because we know and realize that bitcoin is the mother of all kinds cryptocurrency then I believe bitcoin will never be replaced by cryptocurrency
yes i agree in my opinion altcoin or other currency not value if there is no bitcoin Smiley
so if bitcoin die and replace by another currency i think is imposibble Smiley

There is an old saying as "No matter how good you do your job, there will be a person who can do better.."
More than 60k unconfirmed transactions​, transaction fees raising day by day, Exchanges started asking for different fees to every user, many faucets and gambling sites turning to altcoins. Bitcoin replaced ​by some other crypto currency is a possible scenario in the future. May not be right now but after a few years, it is possible.

it is really possible since there were already a lot of users in bitcoin,some might find more reason to change in other currency to find some satisfaction,though bitcoin have lots to offer there is something to improved and to develop.

That is right. The average transaction fees are too high. People will start using other coins.
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:17:03 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

No, I do not think of going to another crypto currency. All other altcoins are bound to bitcoin. If the bitcoin ends, it ends up in the other crypt currencies.
Of course it is not easy to predict the future. We do not know what will happen in the future.
i also do not think that bitcoin can be replace by any other crypto currency, because bitcoin is still number one crypto currency and there is not a single currency so close to bitcoin which can compete and overcome bitcoin, therefore i am hopeful that bitcoin will still remain as number one currency of the world.
Dem-artini

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:03:27 AM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

No, I do not think of going to another crypto currency. All other altcoins are bound to bitcoin. If the bitcoin ends, it ends up in the other crypt currencies.
Of course it is not easy to predict the future. We do not know what will happen in the future.
i also do not think that bitcoin can be replace by any other crypto currency, because bitcoin is still number one crypto currency and there is not a single currency so close to bitcoin which can compete and overcome bitcoin, therefore i am hopeful that bitcoin will still remain as number one currency of the world.

Bitcoin is still the world's best crypto currency, but no one can accurately predict what will happen in a few years.
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:30:57 AM

Bitcoin willnot be replaced.No altcoin could come to bitcoin's place.Bitcoin is the pioneer in crypto currency.Altcoins were in need of bitcoin for their valuation.Bitcoin has survived successfully many critical situations and it would survive more.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:36:55 AM

Bitcoin willnot be replaced.No altcoin could come to bitcoin's place.Bitcoin is the pioneer in crypto currency.Altcoins were in need of bitcoin for their valuation.Bitcoin has survived successfully many critical situations and it would survive more.

Bitcoin will not be replaced but it can be replicate, There are many attempt already but most of those coins are now no price. I wonder too that those other alt are a replication of Bitcoin also with a different roadmap and more different than Bitcoin that is why those are still surviving and some of its price are rising.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:43:12 AM

Bitcoin will not be replaced but it can be replicate, There are many attempt already but most of those coins are now no price. I wonder too that those other alt are a replication of Bitcoin also with a different roadmap and more different than Bitcoin that is why those are still surviving and some of its price are rising.
Almost of the altcoins are doing that, they are copying bitcoin or doing replicates of bitcoin just to tell that they are better than bitcoin. There are a lot of altcoins that are just wastes in the market and just created for money and scams so i don't there is a chance for bitcoin to be replaced by just an altcoin.
mackenzied

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:47:00 AM

Almost of the altcoins are doing that, they are copying bitcoin or doing replicates of bitcoin just to tell that they are better than bitcoin. There are a lot of altcoins that are just wastes in the market and just created for money and scams so i don't there is a chance for bitcoin to be replaced by just an altcoin.
Right, most altcoins on the market are bitcoin copies, they try to make a copy with different names, and most of them are not long lasting, BU is a purse. Typical example, it is just a plot of those who want to fight bitcoin. And fortunately, it was dead.

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:44:39 PM

As is, we are yet to have any altcoin that actually have what it takes to replace Bitcoin, because all what that is currently paraded are copies and shades of Bitcoin and unfortunately, the limitations Bitcoin is facing also runs in them. Replacement would only be possible if a coin with unique and much better concepts and development than Bitcoin shows up or if Bitcoin comes "harakiri"
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:40:32 PM

I should have bought some altcoin back then, would have made quite a good ROI

At least I bought some now.    

Since this debate is far from over, I guess the altcoin market has still a lot of headroom.
zimmah, seeing the lobster avatar by chance you know what happened to that zoidberg developer and his Louisd’or project?

no i don't.

As is, we are yet to have any altcoin that actually have what it takes to replace Bitcoin, because all what that is currently paraded are copies and shades of Bitcoin and unfortunately, the limitations Bitcoin is facing also runs in them. Replacement would only be possible if a coin with unique and much better concepts and development than Bitcoin shows up or if Bitcoin comes "harakiri"

As it is now it doesn't take much to replace bitcoin because bitcoin is destroying itself from the inside.  
Altcoins are innovating while bitcoin is not only standing still, it's actually losing use cases. So it's actively getting worse.  

This is very bad and the longer it goes on the more likely it is bitcoin will be replaced by an altcoin.
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:22:20 PM

Bitcoin replaced by another cryptocurrency?

I think it is impossible. Because we know and realize that bitcoin is the mother of all kinds cryptocurrency then I believe bitcoin will never be replaced by cryptocurrency
yes i agree in my opinion altcoin or other currency not value if there is no bitcoin Smiley
so if bitcoin die and replace by another currency i think is imposibble Smiley

There is an old saying as "No matter how good you do your job, there will be a person who can do better.."
More than 60k unconfirmed transactions​, transaction fees raising day by day, Exchanges started asking for different fees to every user, many faucets and gambling sites turning to altcoins. Bitcoin replaced ​by some other crypto currency is a possible scenario in the future. May not be right now but after a few years, it is possible.

it is really possible since there were already a lot of users in bitcoin,some might find more reason to change in other currency to find some satisfaction,though bitcoin have lots to offer there is something to improved and to develop.

That is right. The average transaction fees are too high. People will start using other coins.

And what if that "other" coin gained many users and had many transactions per minute, don't you think that their fee will likely to increase as well? The quality of service is directly proportional to the required fee. That is why even bitcoin's fee increased, many are still using bitcoin.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:48:55 PM

And what if that "other" coin gained many users and had many transactions per minute, don't you think that their fee will likely to increase as well? The quality of service is directly proportional to the required fee. That is why even bitcoin's fee increased, many are still using bitcoin.

There has to be a solid reason why that other coin has got so much users and transactions per minute. Perhaps, this new coin has solved the transaction time and fee problem? There is no other reason why a coin will have a chance to replace bitcoin except for the coin having a lightning network which is quite just an idea for now.

And assuming that it's the primary feature of that new coin, the quality of service wouldn't be directly proportional to the required fee. The coin might not even have a fee at all. When there's lightning network, we don't have to make our transaction as a priority since you know that it will not take that much time for the transactions before yours to get processed.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1221

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:42:24 PM

Of course Bitcoin will not forever dominate the crypto market. I see Litecoin or Etherum already giving it a strong run. In the next 5-10years, who says Bitcoin may not have become what dogecoin is today and dogecoin the future Bitcoin?

Remember, in March Bitcoin had about 87% dominance of the coin market but today its effect is about 67%.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:35:55 PM

Of course Bitcoin will not forever dominate the crypto market. I see Litecoin or Etherum already giving it a strong run. In the next 5-10years, who says Bitcoin may not have become what dogecoin is today and dogecoin the future Bitcoin?

Remember, in March Bitcoin had about 87% dominance of the coin market but today its effect is about 67%.

That might happen for sure in the future, if Bitcoin doesn't solve its current issues like scalability. Other altcoins will climb in market cap and price, diminishing Bitcoin's dominance in the markets.

Both Dash and Ethereum look like good candidates towards becoming the top cryptocurrency in market cap. They have a strong development team and community, and most of all, can scale, unlike Bitcoin. Dash has already a 2mb block size, while Bitcoin is still struggling to reach a consensus between miners towards increasing block size, or even activating SegWit.

The fact that most of Bitcoin's hashrate relies on the Chinese, make it harder to reach consensus as mining becomes more centralized each day. Bitcoin would need to change its algorithm to an ASIC resistant one that will prevent further centralization in its PoW scheme. Just my opinion.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Haladay

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:47:29 PM

The things you said are totally fallacies... Bitcoin will dominat the global market forever even though that garbage coins keep existing...
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 09:50:26 PM

That might happen for sure in the future, if Bitcoin doesn't solve its current issues like scalability. Other altcoins will climb in market cap and price, diminishing Bitcoin's dominance in the markets.

Both Dash and Ethereum look like good candidates towards becoming the top cryptocurrency in market cap. They have a strong development team and community, and most of all, can scale, unlike Bitcoin. Dash has already a 2mb block size, while Bitcoin is still struggling to reach a consensus between miners towards increasing block size, or even activating SegWit.

The fact that most of Bitcoin's hashrate relies on the Chinese, make it harder to reach consensus as mining becomes more centralized each day. Bitcoin would need to change its algorithm to an ASIC resistant one that will prevent further centralization in its PoW scheme. Just my opinion.  Smiley

That won't happen until the most foul miners are gone, but they won't until they squeeze all life forces from Bitcoin leaving us with a weightless and lifeless corpse. That's why Bitcoin Unlimited is counterintuitively important. It will let us get rid of most rogue miners. Though I don't think they are really going to part any time soon with this milky cow that Bitcoin has become for them. More centralized means less chance for voluntary changes in Bitcoin protocol

It will be clear soon enough whether Bitcoin will make it (to the next level)

tosmartak

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 09:54:52 PM

From the look of things I don't see that happening anytime soon even if it happens eventually. Bitcoin is the mama of all cryptocurrencies and it is more like its value impacts on other ones. If any other cryptocurrency spikes the game though, who knows?
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:57:25 PM

The things you said are totally fallacies... Bitcoin will dominat the global market forever even though that garbage coins keep existing...
I agree with you, Bitcoin is too strong. I don't see that any currency can beat bitcoin when we talk about price and the power ( Peoples who use it ).
In worst case bitcoin will dominate about 15-20 years. and then maybe the time to die or to continue surviving with high potentiel of price. It's hard to predict what's will happen. So in case of dying, automatically there is some currencies will grow and get the place of bitcoin.

LivingDeath

Activity: 443

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:19:44 PM

Maybe in the age of quantum computers there will come some reasons to replace bitcoin. Maybe transfer it into something else but the name will stay.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:44:14 PM

As long as bitcoin exist and the community using it there's no chance for the other cryptocurrency to replace it. But once bitcoin disappear that's the only time for cryptocurrency to replace it, but now it's too impossible to replace by somebody else.
TastyChillySauce00
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1028

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:10:21 PM

Maybe in the age of quantum computers there will come some reasons to replace bitcoin. Maybe transfer it into something else but the name will stay.
This quantum computer has been so often discussed here, some say its existence won't destroy bitcoin and the rest is disagree, but, at the end of all, it's a matter of the time. But, I'm sure by the time, the technology will also grow and bitcoin have its way to face this quantum computer problem, just, we don't even know whether the quantum computer will really put bitcoin to an end or not.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: