Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:26:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122527 times)
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1647

精神分析的爸

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 07:00:15 AM

Na, First thing I did before even powering on was to make an IMG copy of the stick.
Ill take a peak and see if I can get to the files that way, but would prefer to get root login so I can add some other jobs to the system for monitoring and reporting anyhow.

Im wondering if they have documented the "low power" mode yet. They spoke of it in the video, to achieve the 1.5MH/W (or something similar). I would like to code in to the system a restart with power-level change for my 3pm-6pm window where my power rates are higher (Time of Use plan). I would go into "low-power" mode during the 3pm-6pm window. Don't know how to do that yet.
Hopefully something as simple as a "STOP, change voltage, START" sequence... Should be able to automate it.

I guess you tried pi/innosilicon for ssh access when you own A2s, right?

Otherwise it is easy if you have access to a linux pc, I did this when I received my first A2 as I didn't know about the pi/innosilicon user.

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:22:12 AM

Na, First thing I did before even powering on was to make an IMG copy of the stick.
Ill take a peak and see if I can get to the files that way, but would prefer to get root login so I can add some other jobs to the system for monitoring and reporting anyhow.

Im wondering if they have documented the "low power" mode yet. They spoke of it in the video, to achieve the 1.5MH/W (or something similar). I would like to code in to the system a restart with power-level change for my 3pm-6pm window where my power rates are higher (Time of Use plan). I would go into "low-power" mode during the 3pm-6pm window. Don't know how to do that yet.
Hopefully something as simple as a "STOP, change voltage, START" sequence... Should be able to automate it.

I guess you tried pi/innosilicon for ssh access when you own A2s, right?

Otherwise it is easy if you have access to a linux pc, I did this when I received my first A2 as I didn't know about the pi/innosilicon user.

Sadly, pi/innosilicon for ssh access doesn't work for me
Inno_ASIC

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 04:04:22 PM

Fraud Alert:
This is to announce that Innosilicon do NOT have a reseller called “Yang Rongdai”.
https://www.asicminermarket.com/
Facebook: Simon Yang

Any sales info from him is a fraud.

Recently we have found faked reseller claiming to sell A4 product online.  Please note that the only authorized reseller is Innosilicon itself.

If you want any sales info verified, you can go to our website. Without that correct Innosilicon email address, you take your own risk.

We do NOT have any so-called reseller globally.
Do NOT send money other than Innosilicon account.

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
nicky1088

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 06:37:37 PM

I wish there was a way to pay via credit card/PayPal. Just had a water leak right when I was going to buy 1 and had to spend it on fixing it. Ugh
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 08:20:28 PM

I have set mine at 815 per note from Chloe.
However, im seeing some of the blades dropping off the miner a couple of times per day.
Not sure if this is due to the 815 setting or some other issue.
I may try and drop it to 800 as some other users have recommended.

I never got any feedback on the so-called "Low Power" mode. Is this nothing more than reducing the voltage down further than 800? Do you also have to adjust downward from the "1200" setting as well?
What are some reasonable values to try?
I ask because for 3-hours a day I have a time-of-use plan where the rate is significantly higher, and I would like to go into the "Low Power" mode during those 3 hours.
Im hoping to get the root login so I can script something to run automatically on the miner itself to change the settings.
Eyedol-X

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 08:41:23 PM

However, im seeing some of the blades dropping off the miner a couple of times per day.

I never got any feedback on the so-called "Low Power" mode. Is this nothing more than reducing the voltage down further than 800? Do you also have to adjust downward from the "1200" setting as well?
I ask because for 3-hours a day I have a time-of-use plan where the rate is significantly higher, and I would like to go into the "Low Power" mode during those 3 hours.
Im hoping to get the root login so I can script something to run automatically on the miner itself to change the settings.

It's not just you, I had a blade drop off my miner this morning. The only thing I can think is that I quickly stopped and then started it back up while switching a setting this morning that may have contributed to it.

I'm currently running mine with 800mv @ 1000mhz.

firehawk71

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:04:04 PM

It's not just you, I had a blade drop off my miner this morning. The only thing I can think is that I quickly stopped and then started it back up while switching a setting this morning that may have contributed to it.

I'm currently running mine with 800mv @ 1000mhz.

What pool are you mining in? I know Prohashing has major problems with cards dropping off.. I had to swicth to litcoinpool.org and have had no problems yet.. My settings are 1200Mhz and 800mv. I believe these are the stock setting.
firehawk71

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:10:25 PM

I wish there was a way to pay via credit card/PayPal. Just had a water leak right when I was going to buy 1 and had to spend it on fixing it. Ugh
You can buy with a credit card through Aliexpress.. This is how I bought my units.. The seller I used is
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/227686?spm=2114.12010108.0.0.UwJgOT
No problems
Eyedol-X

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 12:15:05 PM

What pool are you mining in? I know Prohashing has major problems with cards dropping off.. I had to swicth to litcoinpool.org and have had no problems yet.. My settings are 1200Mhz and 800mv. I believe these are the stock setting.

on prohash I use password with quotes as follows:

Code:
"A=Minername h=40 d=16384" 

So far I've been hashing about 24 hours without issues, ~12 hours at 1200mhz @ 815mv
  • Note: Everytime I restart the miner I have to put the quotes on beginning and end of the password or it truncates the string to be just A=Minername

I'm hoping someone out there updates this software as well... its awful when compared to what's available for the A2.

Regarding power usage, the lowest I've tried is 800mv and I'm fine with that up to around 1000mhz, beyond that I'm concerned that running it at 1200mhz is undervolting it too much. Mine came factory configured at 815mv and 900mhz.

FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 02:49:03 PM

I dont know why they say its Default 900 mine says that also. But you need to change it to 1200 and I use 800mv.

Just found this on an inno video and switched mine to 800, still leaving mine at 900mhz for now.

Is that for the efficient settings?

I did 840mv and they were at 265 MH/s, not sure I tweaked the mhz however :S

Eyedol-X

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 03:08:06 PM

I dont know why they say its Default 900 mine says that also. But you need to change it to 1200 and I use 800mv.

Just found this on an inno video and switched mine to 800, still leaving mine at 900mhz for now.

Is that for the efficient settings?

I did 840mv and they were at 265 MH/s, not sure I tweaked the mhz however :S

Honestly I'm not sure but from what I can guess maybe that's the minimum voltage? There are some other anomalies in that photo such as the hashing speed of the last 2 cards so I wonder if that was a chopped picture or an early version of the miner because mine doesn't say "LTC A4 Dominator..." at the top like that.

usao
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 03:22:02 PM

I ran both 800 and 815, both at 1200Mhz. I didn't see any difference.
The difference probably comes in when you switch the MHz. I have not yet heard any list of acceptable pairings for the mV and MHz. Im interested in trying the Low Power mode, since I have time-of-use plan and for 3 hours during the weekday I pay 3x the normal price.

I see that the pi has 6 cable sockets. Has anyone tried running 6 blades on a single pi yet?
firehawk71

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 06:31:49 PM

I ran both 800 and 815, both at 1200Mhz. I didn't see any difference.
The difference probably comes in when you switch the MHz. I have not yet heard any list of acceptable pairings for the mV and MHz. Im interested in trying the Low Power mode, since I have time-of-use plan and for 3 hours during the weekday I pay 3x the normal price.

I see that the pi has 6 cable sockets. Has anyone tried running 6 blades on a single pi yet?
About the only thing I noticed when raising higher then 800mv is more power draw from the wall. I believe 800mv I was pulling 1070watts and 810mv I was pulling 1090 watts from the wall
firehawk71

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 06:34:40 PM

Code:

So far I've been hashing about 24 hours without issues, ~12 hours at 1200mhz @ 815mv
  • Note: Everytime I restart the miner I have to put the quotes on beginning and end of the password or it truncates the string to be just A=Minername

I'm hoping someone out there updates this software as well... its awful when compared to what's available for the A2.

Regarding power usage, the lowest I've tried is 800mv and I'm fine with that up to around 1000mhz, beyond that I'm concerned that running it at 1200mhz is undervolting it too much. Mine came factory configured at 815mv and 900mhz.

I tried the very setting you have here and the miner crashed after 45 minutes. One card went dead that was scary. It would not come back until I did a power down of the miner.. Only diff was I was set on 800mv not 815
Eyedol-X

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 08:36:51 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2016, 08:47:58 PM by Eyedol-X

Code:

I tried the very setting you have here and the miner crashed after 45 minutes. One card went dead that was scary. It would not come back until I did a power down of the miner.. Only diff was I was set on 800mv not 815

My gut says 800mv isn't enough above 1000mhz -- its not worth toasting a miner to save a few Watts

I'm near 24 hours solid now without an issue
firehawk71

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 11:27:19 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2016, 11:54:14 PM by firehawk71

Code:

My gut says 800mv isn't enough above 1000mhz -- its not worth toasting a miner to save a few Watts

I'm near 24 hours solid now without an issue
What is your hasrate? I would think raising the volts would be more risky.. More power more heat right? I am currently on litecoinpool at 800mv for 24 hours solid with 389 Mhs running 800mv on 3 units or cubes thats 130Mhs each avg... In the little instruction manual that you cant read that comes with the miner says 800Mv you just need really good eyes to see it and a magnifing glass!!
Eyedol-X

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:11:54 AM

What is your hasrate? I would think raising the volts would be more risky.. More power more heat right? I am currently on litecoinpool at 800mv for 24 hours solid with 389 Mhs running 800mv on 3 units or cubes thats 130Mhs each avg... In the little instruction manual that you cant read that comes with the miner says 800Mv you just need really good eyes to see it and a magnifing glass!!

My A4 came pre-configured with 815mv and a rep from Inno has been cited here indicating to use that voltage.

I'm now over 24 hours on prohash and its reported anywhere from 260mh to 270mh pool side.

I agree that tiny picture shows 800mv and that picture from the Inno video I posted shows 795mv. I think both of those examples pre-date the final shipping configuration of the miner.

Undervolting can cause heat issues as well as cause things to fail prematurely from not enough voltage. So there is risk both ways Under/Over but I'm sticking to what voltage my miner was configured with the first time I turned it on.

...Can't wait for the first software update for this thing.
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 01:28:22 AM

I would like to apologize to everyone up front... I am sure you heard someone CUSSING, SCREAMING, and saying the most aweful things.  That would have been me.  For that I am sorry you had to hear that.  If you didn't hear me then count yourself blessed!

Now for my RANT.  When I ordered my A4's and we obtained the specs for the # of PCIE connectors I started looking for some power supplies.  I was watching for the price to come down on some Corsair AX1200i''s, and I managed to snag a couple of refurbished ones for an acceptable price.   Well those PSU's have been sitting here waiting in a box for quite some time and I like a MORON didn't bother to look in the box and make sure I had everything I needed.  The reason for that Corsair AX1200i is that they come with 8 PCIE plugs.

So I open the boxes, pull out the PSU's and start looking for the cables... cables.... Ummm, the PSU has 8 PCIE plugs, but I find 4, yes 4 freaking cables for the PCIE plugs...  And one of them was even missing the power cord itself from the PSU to the wall.  UNBELIEVABLE!  And to rub salt in the wound the PCIE cables are proprietary, you have to get the cables from Corsair.  So now I had to order 8 more PCIE cables from Corsair, and pay for 2 day service to get these things here before the 45 day warranty runs out on the A4's. 

So I had to steal the cables from the second PSU to just get enough cables to setup 1 A4.  I will have to wait on the cables to show up before I can fire up the second A4.  I swear even when you try to plan for this stuff and have everything ready to go "stuff" always happens.  I am not a happy camper.

Now for the A4.  It fired right up.  It is VERY LOUD.  Temps are ranging on the boards from 45-50c.  The miner says it's reported hash rate is 270.  The settings were already there at 810mv and 1200mhz.  All I had to do was put in the settings for my pool and fire it up.  So far on the pool side it is reporting 260-261mh.  Now to just monitor it and see if I have any of the issues you guys have been seeing with boards dropping.  I will keep you guys posted. 

Now to patiently wait for some Corsair cables to show up...  I will go wash my mouth out with soap now...
usao
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 02:59:08 AM

You are not the only one with psu issues.
I had planned to use several Seasonix 1000w psus, Thought the power draw would be around 850 per miner. Found out when I saw the video that it wouldn't work, and I needed 1200w psus.
Managed to scrape together enough power for 3 of the rigs, but the 4th is still waiting.
I ended up buying 2x of the 2880W IBM units with the PCIe after-market adapters. They should be here Friday.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 05:18:02 AM

got the miners hashing somehow and not happy with the performance. ASIC quality seems to be of low quality hence low hashrates. i still love Titans even though it took me a while to fine tune them they were still the best scrypt miners i ever worked with in terms of performance and power efficiency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: