Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122520 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 03:07:03 PM

Who mines LTC? I have in my auto-switch SQL logic, but it never rotates through.
Mostly getting GAME, TIPS, EAC and a bunch of those. Typically 120% over LTC

Never any luck with Titans and multi pool. 5% fee 2-3% error rate add no fee
www.litecoinpool.org at NO fee and pays 103% and no errors or down time
In 2 years I never bothered. But if you are getting 20% or say at least 10% more with
above subtracted, I may have to reconsider.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 03:10:32 PM

I think there is still some tweaking needed on the A4's.  We see them very very briefly when first started roar to an impressive hash rate then over time they just keep slowing down. 

I have played with mine some today setting it at the next highest MHZ setting and the miner takes off like a shot, nice numbers very briefly, then the speed gradually slows down to the same hash rate that it was hashing at with the lower MHZ setting. 

So there really isn't any point in doing that exercise I found.  Also interesting is the miner says that it is going roughly 5mhs faster on the miner side, but after the dust settles and it finds the spot it wants to hash you won't see any speed bump at all on the pool side. 

Open source. Is key. 3rd party gen Tarkin saved Titans or the all would be doorstops by now imho.

The next big. Thing you need to fix.  Push etc.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dg900rr

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:58:31 PM

one question, one observation...

Q1.  i am in the USA and have decided to buy this product...my bank does not allow my personal account to wire internationally.  what other service allows me to wire from person to HK business?  TIA  (i looked at WU and they said no... most places i found only deal person to person...)

Obsv 1.  did anyone call out innosilicon for magically adding MH?  if you look at the single can they say 135mh, the 280mh is really just two of the single cans, but when i add 135 + 135 it is 270. not 280...
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 10:00:39 PM

I tried the A4s on several multi-algo pools, and for the first time I see the A4s hitting and above the intended hashrate and staying there long enough. I am mining at a multi-algo pool; zpool.ca

The op asked me to try 65536 x 2 = 131072 as the diff level. I was not able to set  diff level more than 65536 in other pools.

My A4s are B3 with v2.02 firmware - I was lucky to get B3 and only had to upgrade the firmware.

My cubes are setup a bit differently ~ 417MHs per A4.

Anyways, just sharing my findings.

Go and try and see if it works for your A4s. Pays direct to BTC too

Pool: stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.zpool.ca:3433
Userid: BTC or coin address.
Password: c=BTC d=131072

No registration

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:45:35 AM

I get wild spikes and dips in hash rate on zpool.ca.  I just tried it tonight with the higher diff settings.  I do see it roar up to nice high numbers, but then I also see it dip to some extremely low numbers and it just swings back and forth.  I just don't have confidence that I am going to be earning what I presently earn on Prohashing when I see these dips falling down to some completely unreal numbers. 

I have tried zpool.ca several times in the past, and currently do a little cpu mining there, but my performance/earning have never been great there.  Watching the wild swings tonight with the A4's I doubt that it will average out for me as well as what I see on Prohashing... So I just moved them back over to Prohashing for the time being. 

Hopefully we can see the software open sourced and can see some tweaking to get better numbers out of these miners. 
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:18:34 AM

I get wild spikes and dips in hash rate on zpool.ca.  I just tried it tonight with the higher diff settings.  I do see it roar up to nice high numbers, but then I also see it dip to some extremely low numbers and it just swings back and forth.  I just don't have confidence that I am going to be earning what I presently earn on Prohashing when I see these dips falling down to some completely unreal numbers. 

I have tried zpool.ca several times in the past, and currently do a little cpu mining there, but my performance/earning have never been great there.  Watching the wild swings tonight with the A4's I doubt that it will average out for me as well as what I see on Prohashing... So I just moved them back over to Prohashing for the time being. 

Hopefully we can see the software open sourced and can see some tweaking to get better numbers out of these miners. 

After more than 24 hours seems I get more consistency, I think due to the zpool stratum able to allocate more high diff work for the A4s  ---- however I agree, we need some open source activity here, the A2s survived a nice life with custom firmware thanks to GenTarkin, MarkAZ etc.

With the messy start to the launch of A4s.... the only just consolation for the community is the opensource path.

Until this happens, whatever budget I have allocated for A4s is now redirected to other projects.

I am "proud" owner of 6 x A4s.

Happy New Year 2017.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:23:03 AM

one question, one observation...

Q1.  i am in the USA and have decided to buy this product...my bank does not allow my personal account to wire internationally.  what other service allows me to wire from person to HK business?  TIA  (i looked at WU and they said no... most places i found only deal person to person...)

Obsv 1.  did anyone call out innosilicon for magically adding MH?  if you look at the single can they say 135mh, the 280mh is really just two of the single cans, but when i add 135 + 135 it is 270. not 280...

on the cgminer GUI, it shows each blade is total chips delivering 69.5MH

so 2 blades per cube is 69.5 x 2 = 139MH

an A4 unit has 2 cubes, so 139 x2 = 278MHs -- thats pretty close to 280MHs

Correct me if I am wrong?

vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:12:54 AM

I could only wish that my A4's would pull an avg of 260mhs.  For me the average is in the 240-250 range with occasional blips above that on the pool. The miners at 1224mhz say 281mhs on the miner side, but on the pool after things settle down the hash rate is right back to where it was when set at 1200mhz.   
What the miner says has no bearing on reality for me.  I only wish I was seeing some of the numbers that others here are reporting on the pool side.  What does that translate to?  Well based on the numbers that Vinylwasp just posted it means I am losing on average over $2 a day at today's prices.  So that really stinks.

Longsnowsm, Poolside hashrate is derived from shares submitted so there is a "luck" element to those numbers that you have to factor in (both good and bad). It's best to look at the longterm average you're getting from all your miners over a 24hr period rather than the 2hr avg (on ProHashing).

Just to prove I'm not delierious here's some shots taken over 20 minutes today. You'll see one miner that's below 250Mh, but it was 290Mh earlier in the day which shows how much they can move around.

I do see a difference between 1200 and 1224 but I'm tracking them over days to see the difference.

After flashing to B3 firmware (the ones in the photos below were originally B1's and B2's), the only variables I can suggest that may be influencing my numbers is that:
  • I'm running at 230v and use purpose built 1500w PSUs (designed for Antminers by Rsenda) off a 3 phase feed so have good power, and
  • I'm keeping them quite cool most of the time <50 degrees C (Most max out around 55 between Noon and 5pm with a one or two cards reaching 60 on a hot day)

HTH

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 01:30:33 PM

I tried the A4s on several multi-algo pools, and for the first time I see the A4s hitting and above the intended hashrate and staying there long enough. I am mining at a multi-algo pool; zpool.ca

The op asked me to try 65536 x 2 = 131072 as the diff level. I was not able to set  diff level more than 65536 in other pools.

My A4s are B3 with v2.02 firmware - I was lucky to get B3 and only had to upgrade the firmware.

My cubes are setup a bit differently ~ 417MHs per A4.

Anyways, just sharing my findings.

Go and try and see if it works for your A4s. Pays direct to BTC too

Pool: stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.zpool.ca:3433
Userid: BTC or coin address.
Password: c=BTC d=131072
Password: c=BTC,d=131072

No registration

Thanks for testing your A4 out citronick, just a note though, for the password, make sure you separate password options with commas...

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:38:53 PM

Longsnowsm, Poolside hashrate is derived from shares submitted so there is a "luck" element to those numbers that you have to factor in (both good and bad). It's best to look at the longterm average you're getting from all your miners over a 24hr period rather than the 2hr avg (on ProHashing).

Just to prove I'm not delierious here's some shots taken over 20 minutes today. You'll see one miner that's below 250Mh, but it was 290Mh earlier in the day which shows how much they can move around.

I do see a difference between 1200 and 1224 but I'm tracking them over days to see the difference.

After flashing to B3 firmware (the ones in the photos below were originally B1's and B2's), the only variables I can suggest that may be influencing my numbers is that:
  • I'm running at 230v and use purpose built 1500w PSUs (designed for Antminers by Rsenda) off a 3 phase feed so have good power, and
  • I'm keeping them quite cool most of the time <50 degrees C (Most max out around 55 between Noon and 5pm with a one or two cards reaching 60 on a hot day)

HTH

Thanks for sharing the pics.  I am using the chart on Prohashing to show my historical rates and it averages in the 480-500mhs range for my 2 A4's.  The chart removes the noise of the 2hr which is really only reporting the current hash rate.  The current rate always appears to match the 2hr rate on the page so I assume the 2hr rate doesn't not really reflect the last 2 hours.

So I don't know why my rigs don't hash at the same rate as others here.  I maxed out the diff setting on Prohashing and that didn't seem to change the behavior either.  So unless I am just consistently unlucky I am at a loss to explain my low hash rates.

FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 04:50:34 PM

What is the latest firmware of B3 Miners? Does anyone have a link to download it?
BR
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 05:38:29 PM

For those looking for the latest firmware for the Batch 3 and updated miners:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9umhsbtky6t1c6j/2.0.2beta.rar?dl=0

I have added this link to the OP so people can find this easier.
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:27:38 PM

For those looking for the latest firmware for the Batch 3 and updated miners:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9umhsbtky6t1c6j/2.0.2beta.rar?dl=0

I have added this link to the OP so people can find this easier.
Thank you!
vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:39:02 PM

So I don't know why my rigs don't hash at the same rate as others here.  I maxed out the diff setting on Prohashing and that didn't seem to change the behavior either.  So unless I am just consistently unlucky I am at a loss to explain my low hash rates.

Try more voltage. I've had them up to 830Mv over days (during the B1/2 firmware crisis) with no problems as long as you watch temps.
I suggest you try something like 822Mv @ 1224 Mhz and change nothing else for 24 hours and see how that goes. Then try 825Mv, 828, etc

Also what temps are you running at? I doubt this is the issue but Inno have built in some throttling to prevent cooking the cards so it may be a factor, I know mine do seem to run faster overnight when it's cold.

Also I forgot to add that I have the fans poking through a wall into another small storage room which I use as an exhaust chamber. I've got some fans mounted on an external wall of that room that then suck the air from that room and blow it out into a very large industrial building (keeps it nice and warm). The key point is that the miners are always getting fresh cool air in the intake and blowing the hot air into a different isolated space.

This helps keep them cool which does seem to make a difference I got this idea from Youtube (see Bitcoin Master), and it's helped a lot.

The thing I've learnt and continue to see is that it takes a at least a day to see any real changes when you're looking at ProHashing's console, due to the natural variation that comes from mining on a multi pool, so it's difficult to really gauge the effectiveness of your changes unless you monitor for at least 24 hours before making another.

Good luck.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 08:17:23 PM

hmm, darn. just when it seems like inno has started working out the kinks i get word of Bitmains L3 coming in january. 250Mh/s at 400 watts..
Sadly i think i may have to wait to see how that goes, correct me if wrong but close to 50% more efficient the L3 will be?
Of course BMT's quality severely lacks usually compared to Inno... ooo DECISIONS! lol   (Bitmains are 2300$ USD tho, bit more)
kinda happy i never picked up a few of these tho now ;p

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:22:18 PM

hmm, darn. just when it seems like inno has started working out the kinks i get word of Bitmains L3 coming in january. 250Mh/s at 400 watts..
Sadly i think i may have to wait to see how that goes, correct me if wrong but close to 50% more efficient the L3 will be?
Of course BMT's quality severely lacks usually compared to Inno... ooo DECISIONS! lol   (Bitmains are 2300$ USD tho, bit more)

Thanks for mentioning the L3, I just did a quick search and that $2300 is from price gougers... Which means likely the price from Bitmain will be right in the neighborhood of the current A4 prices.  This could get very interesting.  Wow, only 400watts. 
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:42:55 PM

This helps keep them cool which does seem to make a difference I got this idea from Youtube (see Bitcoin Master), and it's helped a lot.
Indeed. When I was running Singles I realized I could just line 10 of them up on a windowsill, point the exhaust fans *OUT* and have a wonderful whole house fan. In winter I would turn them the other way and get fresh warm air from the outside.

Never exhaust heat into a room, dump it outside.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:48:48 PM

I don't see anything on the L3, much less a release date.  A google search only turned up something on some scammy looking website that didn't have a description or price, but not a single other reference.  That would be a major improvement over the A4 though, but I wonder how accurate those hash/power numbers are.  Inno missed by about half on their initial thoughts of what the A4 would run at.  Perhaps Antminer will be similar, otherwise we will see a major price drop from Inno on these.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:51:07 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2016, 11:26:16 PM by Longsnowsm

I just started a new thread on it here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1734098.msg17350665#msg17350665

Miners are available for preorder now on Aliexpress.  They are quoting 11-17 days to ship.

And my 'idiot light' just came on... Sudden big spike in diff on LTC?  Something tells me that Bitmain is standing up L3's in a big way and that would help explain the big spike in diff. 
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 11:46:08 PM

where do you hear this L3?

Website?

nevermind -- just saw the link by longsnow

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: