Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:47:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you accept bitcoin as your salary?  (Read 183483 times)
maudevang

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 03:39:48 PM

No I would never accept the bitcoin as my salary because I think its not smart to do this with all these currency's.
The fact is that you than have to convert all your money again and again.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 03:51:00 PM

Yes. I am so much willing to accept bitcoin as my salary.
Bitcoin has its own value.
We don't have to compare it with the other coins because bitcoin is far differ from them.

We are in the same boat about accepting bitcoin as salary.  I will gladly accept it because bitcoin offers you two option.  Currency to use for goods you wanted to buy and Investment to be able you to earn just by holding it.  The price might fluctuate, but considering the stage of adoption, there is a very high probability that Bitcoin will increase in price dramatically when more and more people start accepting and using it.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 03:55:17 PM

We don't have to compare it with the other coins because bitcoin is far differ from them.
Not now but I think that I would be willing to accept it in the future if it is more popular and able to use at more stores.
At this moment it would not be handy for me because my country does not accept it.

Yeah we can go for it in future when bitcoin gains more popularity and widely accepted as at that point we don't have to exchange it to fiat for spending so that will be an advantage for us.

I am getting paid in some job in dollars and I have to exchange it to local currency. I get paid in bitcoin in my signature campaign, and I have no problem exchanging it to fiat. I think I have no problem receiving salary on different currencies. If we do not start accepting bitcoin now, there will be less chance merchandiser will be accepting bitcoin soon.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 03:55:47 PM

We are in the same boat about accepting bitcoin as salary.  I will gladly accept it because bitcoin offers you two option.  Currency to use for goods you wanted to buy and Investment to be able you to earn just by holding it.  The price might fluctuate, but considering the stage of adoption, there is a very high probability that Bitcoin will increase in price dramatically when more and more people start accepting and using it.

But we cannot take the risk of accepting salary only by assuming that its price will go higher in future as anything is possible it can even fall down and it that happens then will be earning lower income.
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 04:02:13 PM

But we cannot take the risk of accepting salary only by assuming that its price will go higher in future as anything is possible it can even fall down and it that happens then will be earning lower income.

We do not want to get our salary only because of the reason that its price will rise more higher, but because of its convenient use and because of its convenient transactions and its lower fees, all we need a convenient way to spend our bitcoins as a normal currency then we will want to get bitcoin as our salary.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 04:06:20 PM

accept salary with bitcoin also you can not hold it for a high price, because you have the necessities of life. so had to spend it and convert to fiat. some pros and cons when it accept a salary with bitcoin is when the cost to convert fiat or price fluctuations. when prices are rising, it will be a great advantage for you. but when prices fall, you will lose.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 05:09:55 PM

accept salary with bitcoin also you can not hold it for a high price, because you have the necessities of life. so had to spend it and convert to fiat. some pros and cons when it accept a salary with bitcoin is when the cost to convert fiat or price fluctuations. when prices are rising, it will be a great advantage for you. but when prices fall, you will lose.

Yeah and holding will be frustrating when you need money in emergency situation as at that time you cannot afford to hold them and you will sell them even price is lower and that will be a major loss for you.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 05:32:34 PM

I will never prefer to receive salary in bitcoin as the price is not stable and every time if I have to spend them then I need to convert it to fiat and that doesn't really make any sense.
Maybe it is because your area store does not accept bitcoin for payment. I have heard that many regions accept customers to use bitcoin for payment. If i ever lived there, i would like to receive all my salaries in bitcoin
Even if you could have some stores accept bitcoin, how are you going to pay your utility bills? Or hospital bills? Insurance, your taxes, the list is endless of the things you are not going to be able to pay with bitcoin.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 05:34:13 PM

I will never prefer to receive salary in bitcoin as the price is not stable and every time if I have to spend them then I need to convert it to fiat and that doesn't really make any sense.
Maybe it is because your area store does not accept bitcoin for payment. I have heard that many regions accept customers to use bitcoin for payment. If i ever lived there, i would like to receive all my salaries in bitcoin
Even if you could have some stores accept bitcoin, how are you going to pay your utility bills? Or hospital bills? Insurance, your taxes, the list is endless of the things you are not going to be able to pay with bitcoin.
Yes and to use bitcoin everywhere we have to wait for a  long time and I don't see it happening soon so till the day comes when it is widely used and accepted its better to receive salary in fiat.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:44:22 PM

Yes and to use bitcoin everywhere we have to wait for a  long time and I don't see it happening soon so till the day comes when it is widely used and accepted its better to receive salary in fiat.

Confirmation time is still an obstacle for bitcoin to be used or accepted by all parties. Later, if all bitcoin transaction will immediately get a confirmation(instant), I bet we can use it everywhere from hospital bills till our taxes. For now I prefer to be paid with fiat as my salary instead of bitcoin!

StoreBit

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:18:35 PM

i think it is not risk, to me it will be really very good feeling if i am really get my salary in bitcoin, i really want to ge my salary in bitcoin but i think my department will not be ready for that as they do not know any thing about bitcoin.
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 10:22:18 PM

For me getting paid into bitcoin would be just a problem, because i will have to sell all the payment to cover my bills, soo in the end even with price fluctuating above the payment time, i will be forced to loose a comission to the exchange, soo no, not interested into such payment.
richardsNY
Legendary

Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 10:47:46 PM

For me getting paid into bitcoin would be just a problem, because i will have to sell all the payment to cover my bills, soo in the end even with price fluctuating above the payment time, i will be forced to loose a comission to the exchange, soo no, not interested into such payment.

Finally someone that is saying something that makes sense in this thread. Bitcoin as main salary for the majority of the people will only result in problems and annoyances due to the lack of acceptance and the high volatility. If you want Bitcoin, then simply buy it with a certain portion of your salary, and you'll be fine. No need to have Bitcoin as main salary.
genos

Activity: 574

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 10:56:45 PM

Finally someone that is saying something that makes sense in this thread. Bitcoin as main salary for the majority of the people will only result in problems and annoyances due to the lack of acceptance and the high volatility. If you want Bitcoin, then simply buy it with a certain portion of your salary, and you'll be fine. No need to have Bitcoin as main salary.
There just less than 30% people in the world who knew about bitcoin so it is hard to use bitcoin without covert it in to fiat. Anyway I was recieve my salary in bitcoin from joining signature campaign. Also so many new people begin to use bitcoin everyday.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 11:14:24 PM

yeah of course before you choose to receive a salary in bitcoin you have to think about the fee when you sell or convert your bitcoin to fiat and do not forget about fluctuations. for me I would prefer to receive a salary in fiat?
richardsNY
Legendary

Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 11:15:01 PM

There just less than 30% people in the world who knew about bitcoin so it is hard to use bitcoin without covert it in to fiat. Anyway I was recieve my salary in bitcoin from joining signature campaign. Also so many new people begin to use bitcoin everyday.

How can you consider signature campaign earnings to be some sort of a salary for you? I see earnings from my signature campaign as a nice extra bonus, and that's it. I think that's how you should look at it too.
d@nte

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 11:19:44 PM

You could have benefits when the price increases, but if there was a sudden fall, you could have significant losses. So I think it's a quite risky choice.
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 11:50:13 PM

yeah probably not a problem if you receive at least only 25% of salary for bitcoin. because you can still use 75% of salary for the interest in real life and certainly to pay the cost of other life, I do not dare if it receives all of my salary in bitcoin
CrimBit

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 12:00:36 AM

intersting , very interesting to accept salary in bitcoin but it's not avaible in any company, so where i can findin a job with salary in bitcoin ?
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 12:11:20 AM

intersting , very interesting to accept salary in bitcoin but it's not avaible in any company, so where i can findin a job with salary in bitcoin ?
I do not think it is good, at this moment you are receiving your salary with stable amount or stable income but if you received salary in bitcoin your income would be unstable think more before you decide.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: