Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you accept bitcoin as your salary?  (Read 183483 times)
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:54:48 PM

No, i prefer receive my salary  in fiat until bitcoin be more accepted  in my country, because exchanging bitcoin into  fiat everytime is not very fair, but maybe somewehre  salary in bitcoin is real.

Yes fiat is widely used and accepted and we can buy anything with it and the scenario is totally opposite with bitcoins, so its not a smart move to for accepting bitcoins in terms of salary.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 01:21:57 PM

No, i prefer receive my salary  in fiat until bitcoin be more accepted  in my country, because exchanging bitcoin into  fiat everytime is not very fair, but maybe somewehre  salary in bitcoin is real.

Yes fiat is widely used and accepted and we can buy anything with it and the scenario is totally opposite with bitcoins, so its not a smart move to for accepting bitcoins in terms of salary.
Isn't it quiet funny that you people are pushing for bitcoin to be accepted worldwide as a mode of transaction or payment processor yet you don't want BTCitcoin to be accepted as your salary. By accepting it as a salary more people and more company will trust BTC as a 2nd kind of currency you need to build trust when it will be accepted as salary it is inevitable that the price will go up. But we must not forget that our government will have the final jusdgement if BTC will be accepted in your country.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 01:26:08 PM

I will accept bitcoin partially as my salary cause it makes it easier for me. Right now I already convert part of my salary to bitcoin so why not have that automated right.
Better to do part then full because days like these it's dropping quite hard and we have to be careful where we put our money.
It is makes more easier for you because you are using bitcoin how those people who not using bitcoin ? then they forcing them selves to create a bitcoin wallet where they gonna accept their salary of bitcoin soon? better if not and accept real paper money.
tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 01:28:08 PM

I will accept bitcoin partially as my salary cause it makes it easier for me. Right now I already convert part of my salary to bitcoin so why not have that automated right.
Better to do part then full because days like these it's dropping quite hard and we have to be careful where we put our money.
It is makes more easier for you because you are using bitcoin how those people who not using bitcoin ? then they forcing them selves to create a bitcoin wallet where they gonna accept their salary of bitcoin soon? better if not and accept real paper money.

People will prefer to accept salary in bitcoins only if they are aware about the concept of bitcoins and if not then they will never risk their income by getting paid into bitcoins.
Osakiman

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:50:21 PM

People will prefer to accept salary in bitcoins only if they are aware about the concept of bitcoins and if not then they will never risk their income by getting paid into bitcoins.

That is right. For the time being, the bitcoin is also too volatile. The price is changing too much. Not good for salary.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:52:25 PM

That is right. For the time being, the bitcoin is also too volatile. The price is changing too much. Not good for salary.

Agreed, and receiving salary in bitcoins is a big risk to take and the only reason behind it is the price volatility as no one can afford to put their monthly income at risk.
Dite1989

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

E᙭OTIᑕ ♥ ᑕOIᑎS

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 06:36:55 PM

Is the company offers it as an option or as THE salary? I wouldn't like to accept bitcoin as my salary because bitcoin's price is too unstable and I've to pay fixed bills in fiat. If I worked at the company already and I couldn't choose, I'd know some ways to invest them, but that's too risky for a salary, I think. Except if it's an option or a part-time job's salary. In this case, an interesting idea, though.

eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 06:39:53 PM

Is the company offers it as an option or as THE salary? I wouldn't like to accept bitcoin as my salary because bitcoin's price is too unstable and I've to pay fixed bills in fiat. If I worked at the company already and I couldn't choose, I'd know some ways to invest them, but that's too risky for a salary, I think. Except if it's an option or a part-time job's salary. In this case, an interesting idea, though.

Yes and that part time income we are already earning from this forum so I think we should continue with our fiat salary and be satisfied with whatever extra we are earning from bitcoins.
airezx20

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 06:40:33 PM

i can not imagine if bitcoin is become my salary for now, because for now, i still use fiat rather than bitcoin. i use bitcoin just to hold for a while and buy altcoin in trading, but in future if there is many store offline and online available in around my city, i will accept bitcoin as my salary and its not problem for me.

We can afford to receive salary in future if we have enough places to spend them directly without converting them to fiat, but at a moment it would be a wrong decision to get paid in bitcoins.
I am with the same option that i would be a really bad idea to accept the salary as bitcoins right now because there are not any place offline where bitcoin can be spent specially in my country and with that the bitcoin price is also not stable.So i just cannot accept my salary as bitcoins.I love using them but cannot yet fully be dependent only on them.
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:01:14 PM

Agreed, and receiving salary in bitcoins is a big risk to take and the only reason behind it is the price volatility as no one can afford to put their monthly income at risk.

As long as you receive the salary with the latest rate, I think it is  not a big problem. Lets say, your salary is $1000 per month, and bitcoin rate is $606 at the time of salary's payment then you will get around 1.65btc. To be noted that your deal with the company is that your salary is fixed in $ but the payment is in BTC. It will not give you huge risk as you can convert it directly to $.
livinglegend

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:08:50 PM

Pay employees with btc, at the moment,  I might not agree. If the company  pays the btc, sometimes it  could be beneficial, but if the  price falls it could be  detrimental to the employees.
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:09:11 PM

As long as you receive the salary with the latest rate, I think it is  not a big problem. Lets say, your salary is $1000 per month, and bitcoin rate is $606 at the time of salary's payment then you will get around 1.65btc. To be noted that your deal with the company is that your salary is fixed in $ but the payment is in BTC. It will not give you huge risk as you can convert it directly to $.

Why anyone will prefer to pay the fees by converting them every time to fiat, you can afford to accept salary in bitocoins only if you are able to spend them directly to buy everything.
John Constantine

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:51:43 PM

I think it's not the best  decision at the time. The main reason  is that btc is a highly volatile  currency, so I could not take  the risk of having it as my salary, because  the price may change every  time that I get it, and manage  it will be really difficult.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:52:08 PM

In Europe there is a hot new pertaining to a company whose going to introduce paying bitcoins to their employees. But given the instability of the bitcoins market value is it an advantage for the employees or an disadvantage. In my opinion this kind of payment for salary is not yet beneficial to employees not until bitcoins price has become stabled. Though if bitcoin will start to increase its monetary value it can be advantageuos but if not then it is a peril to the employees. So what do you think, what is your opinion on this matter?
It would not be a great thing for me to get my salary in to Bitcoin because it would be to much. When I receive my money it most of the time need it right away.
So maybe that in the future it would be handy but not right now.
unbeaten

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:01:35 PM

i can not imagine if bitcoin is become my salary for now, because for now, i still use fiat rather than bitcoin. i use bitcoin just to hold for a while and buy altcoin in trading, but in future if there is many store offline and online available in around my city, i will accept bitcoin as my salary and its not problem for me.

We can afford to receive salary in future if we have enough places to spend them directly without converting them to fiat, but at a moment it would be a wrong decision to get paid in bitcoins.

Second that!

It would be nice if the world used one currency. No more getting the phone out to work out how much something costs in a foreign currency.
Conus

Activity: 236

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:04:27 PM

Second that!

It would be nice if the world used one currency. No more getting the phone out to work out how much something costs in a foreign currency.
If the world used one currency, there would be no more fees that the government could use and there would be no currency exchange market.  The next issue with this is that certain countries like to pint money when they can just because they see a need for it, which deflates the value.  If the whole world would use the one currency, there would be no way to control one country printing more money because they need it!
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:39:06 PM

Bitcoin as a salary is possible for some but not for me. To have my salary paid in bitcoin I find it important I can use it and at this moment there lack of options to use it makes it not very handy for me to get paid in bitcoin because I am not able to spent those coins.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:58:16 PM

Second that!

This is a dream, and I honestly think such a think will not happen. But online it may be possible. 1 main Internet currency. Since most companies already accept eletronic payments we could easily pay our bills online.. .with Bitcoin. Thus making bitcoin a good option to get your salary.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 09:04:12 PM

Second that!

What a terrible idea, a single currency will mean a single government, if you think that some governments are already too powerful, then this hypothetical single government will be awfully powerful, in this environment bitcoin will not be possible.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 09:08:53 PM

Second that!

What a terrible idea, a single currency will mean a single government, if you think that some governments are already too powerful, then this hypothetical single government will be awfully powerful, in this environment bitcoin will not be possible.

What a communistic idea. Man you have no understanding of how the market works. What if the only currency we have deflates or inflates or we have issues with it ? Buying power is differnt per country that is why they have different currencies to begin with.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: