Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:57:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you accept bitcoin as your salary?  (Read 183483 times)
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:10:03 PM

this idea doesn't sound good at all to me.

i like investing in bitcoin and holding it and i even like spending some bitcoin as online payment but as all my salary in form of bitcoin no it is not a good idea.

I think you better quit your sig campaign because it is not following your belief and thought on being paid fully in bitcoin.  Since you are indirectly saying that your campaign mode of payment is a bad idea.  Anyway, as long as the terms are good I don't mind being paid in bitcoin.  This bitcoin participation gives me another set of potential earning because only a few people out of the whole population knew about bitcoin and the opportunity it gives.
coinoclock

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:14:29 PM

i like investing in bitcoin and holding it and i even like spending some bitcoin as online payment but as all my salary in form of bitcoin no it is not a good idea.

I think you better quit your sig campaign because it is not following your belief and thought on being paid fully in bitcoin.  Since you are indirectly saying that your campaign mode of payment is a bad idea.  Anyway, as long as the terms are good I don't mind being paid in bitcoin.  This bitcoin participation gives me another set of potential earning because only a few people out of the whole population knew about bitcoin and the opportunity it gives.
if you want to just get paid a portion of your earnings in bitcoin, because all is not practical then signature campaign is a nice way to earn some btc and don't have to exchange.
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:16:15 PM

if you want to just get paid a portion of your earnings in bitcoin, because all is not practical then signature campaign is a nice way to earn some btc and don't have to exchange.

If you need money then you have to exchange your earnings from signature campaign, but if you have an choice to spend them directly then the case would be different as most of the users are selling and converting to fiat.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:20:30 PM

bitcoin is quite unstable but not much so its on the scale of acceptable but still many people do not like to risk there salary because it is their servival not just a fun stuff or it can not be experimental but if you see about saving then yes that can be in bitcoin or maybe at other altcoins too
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:47:43 PM

bitcoin is quite unstable but not much so its on the scale of acceptable but still many people do not like to risk there salary because it is their servival not just a fun stuff or it can not be experimental but if you see about saving then yes that can be in bitcoin or maybe at other altcoins too
Bitcoin is unstable and unpredictable because bitcoin is always relaying in demand and supply.. so for me it is not good to choose to accept bitcoin as your salary if the company is fix payment.. but if they are relaying in present price it is ok for me to accept it as salary because here in my country we can exchange bitcoin instantly..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:49:24 PM

The fact is if we are getting our salary in  bitcoin then its never possible to save all of them for future and you need to convert it to fiat for your expenses,  but if its an extra income for you the you can save all of them.
wibuindon

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:45:04 PM

Of course I would accept bitcoin as my salary, because most of the my income from bitcoin and also the price of bitcoin is stable for now.
anzel2002

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:54:55 PM

yes, will  accept bitcoin as  salary

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:55:19 PM

Of course I would accept bitcoin as my salary, because most of the my income from bitcoin and also the price of bitcoin is stable for now.

Most of your income from Bitcoin? Are you a software developer? Successful trader? Also, the price isn't stable. We just had a period where the price was fairly calm, but nothing more than that.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 11:06:29 PM

For me getting paid into bitcoin would be just a problem, because i will have to sell all the payment to cover my bills, soo in the end even with price fluctuating above the payment time, i will be forced to loose a comission to the exchange, soo no, not interested into such payment.
agree i think is not a problem if you invest in bitcoin, but the salary and the allocation of funds for investment is something different. you can not use all of your salary for investment. so it is with this issue. I thought it a bad idea if you agree to and accept a salary in bitcoin? because it is the same as using all your salary to invest?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
youhgt2

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 11:20:40 PM

i also like to accept bitcoin for my salary, but i think in my area it is not so easy, as here the bitcon users are very low and even not a single shop is accepting bitcoin for shopping so what will i don if i get my salary in bitcoin i will again convert it in to fiat currency.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 11:45:13 PM

Most of your income from Bitcoin? Are you a software developer? Successful trader? Also, the price isn't stable. We just had a period where the price was fairly calm, but nothing more than that.
Well there are few people here able to earn something like 1-5 btc monthly soo they are getting a great income, and this isnt a problem for them as they exchange the bitcoins they need to pay their bills or some debit card to make such, i cant think into get paid into it, i cant spend it anywhere till the moment.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 12:52:01 AM

Price isn't stable enough yet, I'd rather get a pay check and then buy some BTC with it.
To do this would actually cost me more money in fees than getting paid in bitcoin and transferring what i need to in fiat to my bitcoin debit card.

Price stability doesn't play as big of a part as you would think, the day you get paid is the market rate you get, this can also be hedged against the USD if you want further security.

Galiatram

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:05:28 AM

I'm having the same feeling and its also that you than need to convert them to another currency and that would just be stupid in my eyes.
It would be not smart at all for sure.
CrimBit

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:31:01 AM

not to bad idea, it's more simple and im interesting it.
receiving salary in bitcoin is make my investment more easy, and the rise of bitcoin price mak my salary rising too
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:35:25 AM

receiving salary in bitcoin is make my investment more easy, and the rise of bitcoin price mak my salary rising too

If price goes higher in future then it can be an good decision for us but we also need to keep the fact in mind  that it can go lower too, and if price falls down then it won't be an profitable decision to make.
cjrosero

Activity: 616

To God Be The Glory!

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:38:46 AM

If price goes higher in future then it can be an good decision for us but we also need to keep the fact in mind  that it can go lower too, and if price falls down then it won't be an profitable decision to make.
i agree i keep on saying this on this thread. we cant have bitcoin as a form of salary bitcoin should only be used for fast and easy transaction. .maybe in near future we could use this as a salary when all currency are at the same price and stable the price atleast 1000$ and thats it we could use it as a salary.
bitkilo
Legendary

Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 01:50:26 AM

i agree i keep on saying this on this thread. we cant have bitcoin as a form of salary bitcoin should only be used for fast and easy transaction. .maybe in near future we could use this as a salary when all currency are at the same price and stable the price atleast 1000$ and thats it we could use it as a salary.
Why can't it be used to pay employees salaries, paying them is a fast and easy transaction and would be just as easy to do in bitcoin.

Do you really ever think all currencies will be the same price like 1:1, won't happen ever and bitcoin at $1000 per coin would change nothing.

I'm having the same feeling and its also that you than need to convert them to another currency and that would just be stupid in my eyes.
It would be not smart at all for sure.
You may want to have a look at what services are available in your country to spend bitcoins, i think you would be surprised if you really had a good look, i don't have much of a need to convert many coins.

FlightyPouch

Merit: 300

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:54:26 AM

Well, having it as  a salary will be good. But with its market value today,we must think about it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:57:13 AM

Well, having it as  a salary will be good. But with its market value today,we must think about it.
Correct if the value would not goes down that is good but bitcoin does not stable we need to consider the small value of bitcoin the possibility is there, and i think it is only good to be other source of income than to be primary source of income.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: