Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:40:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HEAT: 3.0 crypto*multisig fiat*a2a hft*1000tps*DSA*PoS+PoP*e2ee chat*  (Read 418478 times)
StewieG

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:33:56 AM

Stewie, you just posted proof that the 1M was actually in the OP in July:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8257/pre-ann-heat-3-0-crypto-multisig-fiat-a2a-hft-1000tps-dsa-pos-pop-e2ee-chat

This Smith & Crown article published in July also has the 1 000 000

https://www.smithandcrown.com/event/heat-ico/?lang=es

Have you heard of confirmation bias?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities.

An ambitious software project with a 2 person team was delayed a few months, so your paranoid mind made a hypothesis that it is a scam.  Now you obsess over every word looking to confirm your bias.

As I have corrected myself, they have put out multiple versions of the ICO!  Svantje confirmed that and even explained why that was. There is no excuse for that. I gave a statement on that in my post above. Putting multiple versions of the ICO out is absolutely fishy. If they have any courage they would just refund people just like ccex does! I guess they are not doing that because they know that everyone that invested with FIMK will immediately flee this hostage situation. That is why they do not comment on that.

Again, confirmation bias.  You decided months ago that something fishy or a scam was going on, and now you pick apart every little detail and word looking to confirm your bias

icos with less complicated tech that have 3+ fulltime developers working on them like ICN get delayed by months, it's a normal part of the ico investing game (or software in general, I don't see Apple or Microsoft giving exact countdowns on when software they are developing will be completely launched and debugged)

ETH had entire offices full of developers and they had a 9 month delay between collecting money and launching mainnet

Yes ETH had a lot of developers. They developed on github, everybody could participate. They hired people as promised, they used the funds they got from the investors for that. Heat promised to hire people too, but they did not do that!

ETH said right from the beginning that they will deliver when the product is ready for release. Everybody knew that from the start. They published a roadmap when they will approximately release what. Everything was public, they had a very good communication with the community. You could ask a question and it was answered. Heat on the other hand said they would release in September. They ignore almost every question here. People are getting frustrated. They even managed to get an exchange refund their customers. They lied about the first deadline and told us that this was not meant as a deadline when it was everywhere stated that this was the date the genesis block will be released. There is nothing to sugarcoat here.

To could give out refunds would be the least they could do. This would be fair and show good intent. Can you present my a reason why this would not be fair after this catastrophic fuckup?

EDIT: Look at how Ethereum was open with their funds. They provided cryptographic proof that they were in posession of the funds. They even told everyone on what they spent the money. I still want to know where the 240k$ are? This is about 30% of the total funds that were invested. I can not even say how much it is exactly as they refuse to tell us how they store the money. I asked how much salary they pay themself. They said it is under 10k a month. I guess it will be somewhere between 5k and 10k! Well I think Vitalik worked for free, so don't you dare compare HEAT with ETHEREUM or I will get angry! You have not seen me when I am angry!
StewieG

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:35:19 AM

But if the tech is what it claims to be,
Something none of us really know yet,

Well... you can check the sourcecode... I know I know they didn't upload it yet (the sourcecode file is empty ) but you can decompile the binary and get a pretty good result with this handy tool "http://www.benf.org/other/cfr/"! Have fun finding bugs and if you manage to hack some accounts remember to drop a few for your good ol pal Stew ^^

Unfortunately i only know a bit of python,
we need a seasoned developer to review the code

Now the mainnet is released, ( in no particular order apart from number 1)

1. Finish the windows client + enable a2a trading
2. Use bitcointalk banner space to promote Heat,
3. Use coinmarket cap banner to promote Heat
4. Use google adwords
5. New Heat video.
6.PR personnel - just find someone trustworthy in the bitcointalk community who will do it for some HEAT from the developers fund. He should also be reguarly on slack. You need a slack community. The slack community is non existant at the moment
6.Marketing guy - This guy needs to be good at meeting people in block chain conferences and selling Heat - this guy is important. He has to be a sweet talker & also handle all the tactics suggested + more.
7. Attend all blockchain expo with a stall.

8. Refund people that want out, do the same c-cex did(I will not disappear)
bitdexter

Activity: 332
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:38:10 AM

Well... you can check the sourcecode... I know I know they didn't upload it yet (the sourcecode file is empty ) but you can decompile the binary and get a pretty good result with this handy tool "http://www.benf.org/other/cfr/"! Have fun finding bugs and if you manage to hack some accounts remember to drop a few for your good ol pal Stew ^^

4. Use google adwords
5. New Heat video.
6.PR personnel - just find someone trustworthy in the bitcointalk community who will do it for some HEAT from the developers fund. He should also be reguarly on slack. You need a slack community. The slack community is non existant at the moment
6.Marketing guy - This guy needs to be good at meeting people in block chain conferences and selling Heat - this guy is important. He has to be a sweet talker & also handle all the tactics suggested + more.

8. Refund people that want out, do the same c-cex did

Stewie, you own 20,000 Heat,
Which is close to 1% of Heat. That is a big stake for any project
It would be better that these guys got their act together with this stuff and heat is a success,
for you and everyone.
I agree the majority of the BS is unacceptable,
But i would prefer that Heat is a success.

If they get out the client & if the code is legit then this project holds real promise.
Remember that ethereum has loads of bugs too,
they got hacked 150 million dollars last year lol.

i think now they released a mainnet & have proven they are competent in some capacity,
we should be alot more supportive
I still want developers to review the code though
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:40:40 AM

Heat team will get 1000000 HEAT after one year!
THIS WAS NOT IN THE ICO!!!!!
Here is the initial ICO agreement: https://web.archive.org/web/20160801002809/http://heatledger.com/ico/

Wrong. What you're quoting is not the initial page but a page between the many edits required to have the realtime stakeholder amounts display properly.

This was the original ICO page before and during beginning of the funding http://heatledger.com/icobak.htm

The 1M developer reward was also stated on this thread's opening post from the early stage and has been there since then. At all times has it been prominently visible on either one or both of these sources. The reward process is fully transparent and has been discussed and referred to many times in this thread openly.

Initially we planned the distribution without any developer reward, however this was changed shortly before launch due to weighted opinions from the fintech startup scene and some incidents that lead us to the decision of the moderate incentive reward with lock-in period.

We had already made a preliminary agreement with a very well known and successful frontman / promoter / marketer from the cryptocurrency field to lead the HEAT venture, when he decided to step back at the last minute stating as the main reason the lack of incentive for the startup and that no serious crypto platform would launch without significant dev reward. Combined with the feedback from the traditional startup field, requiring clear signs of commitment in the form of such reward incentives, we had to change this yet had to launch without the marketing frontman. That deficiency has been affecting the HEAT PR since then and is only to be corrected now that we're hiring the most appropriate marketing person through strict scrutiny.

So dev rewards or no dev rewards - you can't make everyone happy can you.

Simple solution: Give the option of a refund.

There's plenty of people that will stay in.

Don't be dense and just do that, everyone is happy and everyone wins. More shares for those who want to stay in and those who want out will move on to something new.

By the way, you never stated that there was a 1M rewards for devs, it was never stated at all at the beginning of this ICO.
StewieG

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:51:14 AM

4. Use google adwords
5. New Heat video.

It would be better that these guys got their act together with this stuff and heat is a success,
for you and everyone.

If they get out the client & if the code is legit then this project holds real promise.

i think now they released a mainnet & have proven they are competent in some capacity,

They never got hacked! It was the DAO that got hacked. I am not talking about buggy software, I am talking about fraud, intentional fraud! I stated earlier that I don't like being ignored and being lied to! I don't care about the > 20k HEAT these are peanuts! I got lied to and I want my money back! They think they can push me around? When C-CEX knocked on their door and asked for a release date or they will not receive their btc and answered and worked their butt off. When I asked the same they ignore me! When I asked what they did with the 240k$ they ignore me! FUCK YOU HEAT!  And no I don't want the money from somebody else so that they get rid of me and can continue to praise this shit behaviour until a new StewieG comes and stands up to this bullshit! No I want them to admit their mistakes, apologize and refund me! Then they have learned their lesson and this project can continue to grow! Before that I will not go away!
bitdexter

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:55:56 AM

4. Use google adwords
5. New Heat video.

for you and everyone.

They never got hacked! It was the DAO that got hacked. I am not talking about buggy software, I am talking about fraud, intentional fraud! I stated earlier that I don't like being ignored and being lied to! I don't care about the > 20k HEAT these are peanuts! I got lied to and I want my money back! No I don't want the money from somebody else so that they get rid of me and can continue to praise this shit behaviour until a new StewieG comes and stands up to this bullshit! No I want them to admit their mistakes, apologize and refund me! Then they have learned their lesson and this project can continue to grow! Before that I will not go away!

I know it was the DAO,, i invested in that.
But the smart contract was written in collaboration with the ETH guys. In any case, without semantic verification like what Rchain is trying to achieve, creating smart contracts is always going to be flawed using Eth. Ethereum still had bugs regarding quite a few other things.

20k is peanuts at its fiat value now, but if Heat becomes big then 20k is not peanuts.

I think the risk/reward ratio at the moment for Heat is pretty good.

I would rather hold X% than have the fiat but i guess we are all in different positions financially. I have increased my position in Heat.

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:01:22 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2017, 03:19:56 AM by Hollowman338

Buying @ 5000 sats, yassinnxt as escrow.

.98 BTC left

Offer rescinded.
StewieG

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:04:02 AM

4. Use google adwords
5. New Heat video.

for you and everyone.

They never got hacked! It was the DAO that got hacked. I am not talking about buggy software, I am talking about fraud, intentional fraud! I stated earlier that I don't like being ignored and being lied to! I don't care about the > 20k HEAT these are peanuts! I got lied to and I want my money back! No I don't want the money from somebody else so that they get rid of me and can continue to praise this shit behaviour until a new StewieG comes and stands up to this bullshit! No I want them to admit their mistakes, apologize and refund me! Then they have learned their lesson and this project can continue to grow! Before that I will not go away!

I know it was the DAO,, i invested in that.
But the smart contract was written by the ETH guys. In any case, without semantic verification like what Rchain is trying to achieve, creating smart contracts is always going to be flawed using Eth. Ethereum still had bugs regarding quite a few other things.

20k is peanuts at its fiat value now, but if Heat becomes big then 20k is not peanuts.

I think the risk/reward ratio at the moment for Heat is pretty good.

I would rather hold X% than have the fiat but i guess we are all in different positions financially. I have increased my position in Heat.

Well, it were people that had something to do with ethereum... And yes every software has some bugs... Also ethereum made the right decission in my opinion by hardforking. Now people have learned from that mistake. Do the heatheads learn anything? No, they just continue with the same bs as they have done the whole time! This pisses me off and I know it pisses off a lot of people.
I don't care, even if value increases by a factor of 10 I will stay here! They push me around? They don't push any longer!

HEAT IS A SCAM!
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:06:18 AM

20k HEAT x 0.000073 = 1.46 BTC ($1346)

Stewie spent at least 60 hours creating different accounts and trolling project in an attempt to extort a refund

$1346 / 60 hours = $22 / hour

You basically scammed yourself by wasting so much time trolling instead of doing something constructive.  Thank you for adding 50+ pages to the thread though.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
rnr

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:06:28 AM

WTB in total of 2 BTC.

PM
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:17:15 AM

Many things to dislike in the behavior of the Heat team so far. Especially when it came to communication with the community. At times it feels very very dishonest and argumentative.
I do think that if the underlying tech can be proven viable and solid (very big if here....) then we can see a substantial increase in value.
The ill way things where managed thus far raises significant doubt as to whether this can actually come to fruition.
It will be very hard to overcome the bad taste that was given to a big portion of the investors and community for various reasons.
MoveCrypto

move that crypto

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:20:03 AM

Many things to dislike in the behavior of the Heat team so far. Especially when it came to communication with the community. At times it feels very very dishonest and argumentative.
I do think that if the underlying tech can be proven viable and solid (very big if here....) then we can see a substantial increase in value.
The ill way things where managed thus far raises significant doubt as to whether this can actually come to fruition.
It will be very hard to overcome the bad taste that was given to a big portion of the investors and community for various reasons.

A lot of that "bad taste" was influenced by someone using multiple accounts/characters, giant red letters, and an extraordinary amount of effort to give the illusion of an angry mob when the majority of investors were just patiently going about their lives and checking in periodically to see if the software was ready yet.

TheCoinWizard

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:22:08 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2017, 01:34:54 AM by TheCoinWizard

Buying @ 5000 sats, yassinnxt as escrow.

.98 BTC left
I am sold out,

took my loss, but glad I at least I recovered some of it.
I wish you all the best, and may you all become rich, successful and happy..

though I don't think heat will contribute to any of that.

@stewie: You can't believe what a bargain I find that after following this thread for months.
Don't feel sorry for me, I mismanaged my money a bit, but took my conclusions.
I appreciate your openness, fairness and honesty. Just don't expect other people to always be like that.
I hope that you can also cut yourself free from this hellhole, better sooner than later.

anyways,
I am happy to feel free again.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:23:15 AM

20k HEAT x 0.000073 = 1.46 BTC ($1346)

Stewie spent at least 60 hours creating different accounts and trolling project in an attempt to extort a refund

$1346 / 60 hours = $22 / hour

You basically scammed yourself by wasting so much time trolling instead of doing something constructive.  Thank you for adding 50+ pages to the thread though.

In stewies defense, it is not extorting a refund. The guy just wants his BTC back. Nothing wrong with that. The way he has carried out his attempt is trollish but what can you do when devs themselves don't know basic communication skills.

Very simple solution for such an overdramatic response.
bitdexter

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:19:46 AM

4. Use google adwords
5. New Heat video.

8. get listed on more exchanges i.e Bittrex
9. RELEASE A ROAD MAP WITH DELIVERABLE DATES INCLUDING POINTS MENTIONED & DON;T F UP AGAIN, IT ONLY ALIENATES INVESTORS.
StewieG

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:20:33 AM

Wow, the server sourcecode file contains now the sourcecode of the wallet... Where is the server source code? Don't worry guys, inspector Stewie is ready to investigate the suspect!
Anyway, just disassemble the whole thing and have fun. Already found a major bug! This is fun^^
StewieG

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:23:02 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2017, 03:03:58 AM by StewieG

4. Use google adwords
5. New Heat video.

8. get listed on more exchanges i.e Bittrex
9. RELEASE A ROAD MAP WITH DELIVERABLE DATES INCLUDING POINTS MENTIONED & DON;T F UP AGAIN, IT ONLY ALIENATES INVESTORS.

concerning nr 8... They already screwed that up by saying the community should try to get heat listed at bittrex... bittrex did not appreciate this, said if they want to get listed the devs should apply at bittrex themselves... Heatheads literally stated they will not suck up to bittrex! They literally said that!!!!!

Oh and concerning 9... They already said they won't name deadlines anymore... Because when they give exact dates for deadlines people expect that they will keep them and we already saw how that turned out.... **Spoiler Alert** **drum roll**.... Not too good xD xD xD
MoveCrypto

move that crypto

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:13:50 AM

Stewie, you just posted proof that the 1M was actually in the OP in July:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8257/pre-ann-heat-3-0-crypto-multisig-fiat-a2a-hft-1000tps-dsa-pos-pop-e2ee-chat

This Smith & Crown article published in July also has the 1 000 000

https://www.smithandcrown.com/event/heat-ico/?lang=es

Have you heard of confirmation bias?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities.

An ambitious software project with a 2 person team was delayed a few months, so your paranoid mind made a hypothesis that it is a scam.  Now you obsess over every word looking to confirm your bias.

As I have corrected myself, they have put out multiple versions of the ICO!  Svantje confirmed that and even explained why that was. There is no excuse for that. I gave a statement on that in my post above. Putting multiple versions of the ICO out is absolutely fishy. If they have any courage they would just refund people just like ccex does! I guess they are not doing that because they know that everyone that invested with FIMK will immediately flee this hostage situation. That is why they do not comment on that.

Again, confirmation bias.  You decided months ago that something fishy or a scam was going on, and now you pick apart every little detail and word looking to confirm your bias

icos with less complicated tech that have 3+ fulltime developers working on them like ICN get delayed by months, it's a normal part of the ico investing game (or software in general, I don't see Apple or Microsoft giving exact countdowns on when software they are developing will be completely launched and debugged)

ETH had entire offices full of developers and they had a 9 month delay between collecting money and launching mainnet

Yes ETH had a lot of developers. They developed on github, everybody could participate. They hired people as promised, they used the funds they got from the investors for that. Heat promised to hire people too, but they did not do that!

ETH said right from the beginning that they will deliver when the product is ready for release. Everybody knew that from the start. They published a roadmap when they will approximately release what. Everything was public, they had a very good communication with the community. You could ask a question and it was answered. Heat on the other hand said they would release in September. They ignore almost every question here. People are getting frustrated. They even managed to get an exchange refund their customers. They lied about the first deadline and told us that this was not meant as a deadline when it was everywhere stated that this was the date the genesis block will be released. There is nothing to sugarcoat here.

To could give out refunds would be the least they could do. This would be fair and show good intent. Can you present my a reason why this would not be fair after this catastrophic fuckup?

EDIT: Look at how Ethereum was open with their funds. They provided cryptographic proof that they were in posession of the funds. They even told everyone on what they spent the money. I still want to know where the 240k$ are? This is about 30% of the total funds that were invested. I can not even say how much it is exactly as they refuse to tell us how they store the money. I asked how much salary they pay themself. They said it is under 10k a month. I guess it will be somewhere between 5k and 10k! Well I think Vitalik worked for free, so don't you dare compare HEAT with ETHEREUM or I will get angry! You have not seen me when I am angry!

You are right that Ethereum did do a good job of communicating with investors.  For example, Vitalik outlined here how he was taking a $130k per year salary:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/39fi0c/in_spirit_of_communication_update_requested_on/cs3muxb/

Here's a blog post where Vitalik outlines what their $188k per month burn rate and their current assets:
https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/01/07/2394/

Lisk is another project which posted to reddit that founders would be taking $78k per year salaries and then they released a summary of assets and expenses recently:
https://blog.lisk.io/financial-report-2016-7e68cdd13b12#.wg7a8udzo

Both of these projects had months-long periods of financial opaqueness before they would give a summary of their assets and expenses.  They also both collected a lot of BTC, hence the relatively high salaries compared to most startup companies.

whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 07:30:38 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2017, 07:49:07 AM by whale123

Selling
high quality HEAT (not C-CEX IOU) for price of
(the exact price you can get it on C-CEX, but you are getting real HEAT here)
(the price is non negotiable, only 5 BTC of HEAT available for sale - keeping the rest for staking, which is very profitable now BTW)

Safe escrow only. Transaction can be finalised in couple of hours.

Procedure:
1. We contact well known escrow (I recommend yassinxt since he is well known in many communities and is part of this one, but you can pick any trustworthy escrow).
2. You send BTC to the escrow.
3. I send HEAT to you.
4. The escrow sends BTC to me after you confirm payment.

How about a new exchange? Here is an idea.

Also, there is a chance for fresh exchange. You should pick on of the new and most dynamic ones, which tends to promote interesting projects (Golem, Wings etc.). HEAT might be unique enough for their tastes. But they are not going to list it if you do not e-mail them at support@liqui.io and tweet at @Liqui_Exchange. If you are reading this, contact them for a greater chance of listing.

I have also contacted Bittrex recently. They need devs to persuade them to list - say why your coin is unique and worth listing. Bittrex avoids listing crap recently, so this will be an effort, but worth it. Community members contacting Bittrex on Slack is OK, but they only deal directly with the developers.

Also, remember this. We are still highly undervalued.

Crapsy

Activity: 465

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 07:54:36 AM

Selling
high quality HEAT (not C-CEX IOU) for price of
(the exact price you can get it on C-CEX, but you are getting real HEAT here)
(the price is non negotiable, only 5 BTC of HEAT available for sale - keeping the rest for staking, which is very profitable now BTW)

Safe escrow only. Transaction can be finalised in couple of hours.

Procedure:
1. We contact well known escrow (I recommend yassinxt since he is well known in many communities and is part of this one, but you can pick any trustworthy escrow).
2. You send BTC to the escrow.
3. I send HEAT to you.
4. The escrow sends BTC to me after you confirm payment.

How about a new exchange? Here is an idea.

Also, there is a chance for fresh exchange. You should pick on of the new and most dynamic ones, which tends to promote interesting projects (Golem, Wings etc.). HEAT might be unique enough for their tastes. But they are not going to list it if you do not e-mail them at support@liqui.io and tweet at @Liqui_Exchange. If you are reading this, contact them for a greater chance of listing.

I have also contacted Bittrex recently. They need devs to persuade them to list - say why your coin is unique and worth listing. Bittrex avoids listing crap recently, so this will be an effort, but worth it. Community members contacting Bittrex on Slack is OK, but they only deal directly with the developers.

Also, remember this. We are still highly undervalued.

Thank you for your insights <3 A new fresh exchange would really help the cause in many ways.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 323 »
  Print  

Jump to: