Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (JWL) JEWELS 🔷 HEROES LAUNCHED 🔷 1ST JWL USE CASE 🔷 TRADING ON BITTREX  (Read 212606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JewelsProject (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 10:51:12 PM

This is a question to the owner JewelsProject (Pro4Never?) but I checked out the game and since I played it myself (the original) but why should I invest in this when you can be taken offline any moment by the company of the real game? Isn't there copyright and trademark to this real game?

Our goals exist outside of the existing games realms as in Q1 2017 we expect to begin developing a game where we entirely own all the assets hence there is absolutely no grey-area territory over copyright claims. This projects success is not contingent on Apex always running, however of course immediate use cases and viability puts us far ahead of other coins which simply state "we're a game coin, we want games to use us to trade items, etc." and yet no game with an actual player base has adopted them because honestly they have no incentive to do so.

In terms of projects being shut down ND has no history of attempting to shut down anything outside of using a C&D to which they've never followed up further on. This goes without saying as looking back on history, ND did not make any legal attempts to shut down crippling services to their game such as CoAI and CoG in their prime.

Pro4Never

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 11:11:17 PM

This is a question to the owner JewelsProject (Pro4Never?) but I checked out the game and since I played it myself (the original) but why should I invest in this when you can be taken offline any moment by the company of the real game? Isn't there copyright and trademark to this real game?

I'm happy to answer that for you. I've been involved in the conquer community for 10 years now and have never received any C&D letter nor has any other project I've worked with. The original game was developed by a Chinese company that does not defend the trademark. We are also not running a current version of the game and therefor they don't view us as competition, even though we have proven to be very popular.

The funds being raised here are NOT to be used on our private server projects. Those are already self sufficient and profitable. The funds we are raising are to create a secure crypto backend to use for sales and gambling as well as to develop a series of provably fair gambling games. These games will be 100% developed by us and will have no copyright issues. We will embed them into our servers using a web view, they will be available on their own dedicated gambling site (people who dont even know of our game can still gamble using jewels) and as their own mobile app. We will also be allowing other games/servers to embed our games into them to grow the jewels network. If by some strange twist of fate TQ shut down our server projects it would have no real effect on the jewels project besides a reduction in demand for the coin. It would be unfortunate but would not stop the jewels project.

The funds being raised are also intended to start development of our own completely custom game (no longer relying on the conquer online client and not using any of their materials) which we will be starting work on late this year or Q1 2017. I've done significant prototyping already towards it but  we do need to bring in at least one or two more developers for that project to move along at significant speed.

This goes without saying as looking back on history, ND did not make any legal attempts to shut down crippling services to their game such as CoAI and CoG in their prime.

To clarify for those not familiar with the game. CoAI and COG were subscription based cheats/bots for the game which were so popular that they actually crippled the game server making it impossible to play for non botters. Even in those circumstances no legal actions were taken to shut down the creators of the bots. We have no risk really of our server being shut down and in fact the official conquer facebook page recently liked out game's page. It could have been a language barrier but still, we are not a negative target on their radar.
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 12:04:34 AM

Nice coin based on a nice game. I will bookmark this for future reference.

We should get a group of us from the forum to have a game one weekend? I have seen a few on this thread that enjoy the game. I must say, I am no pro haha, infact, I am closer to newbie still figuring things out but chances are there will be some other newbies that like the game like us. Assuming you're a newbie like me  Tongue
My in game name is my name here, when I go online I will talk in the chat.

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
JewelsProject (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 01:40:27 AM

We should get a group of us from the forum to have a game one weekend? I have seen a few on this thread that enjoy the game. I must say, I am no pro haha, infact, I am closer to newbie still figuring things out but chances are there will be some other newbies that like the game like us. Assuming you're a newbie like me  Tongue

We hope you enjoy the game and are able to offer some feedback to us. Our community is very friendly as such don't be afraid to interact with higher level players! Most of them are very welcoming and won't mind showing you the ropes of the game.

Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 05:09:10 AM

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much fun have you had playing so far and on a scale from 1 to 10 how easy is it for someone who never played it before to get started and not clobbered buy all the other people on the map.
GamingOn

Activity: 448

BetcoinRakeback.com

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:58:35 AM

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much fun have you had playing so far and on a scale from 1 to 10 how easy is it for someone who never played it before to get started and not clobbered buy all the other people on the map.

It's not like a shooter game so it's not like when you spawn on a map everyone is out to kill you. From my experience playing so far, the community is pretty nice. There are maps dedicated to solely fighting on like PK Arena but since I'm a noob I tend to stay away from there since I'd just get clobbered as you put it xD

I've been playing a Warrior, haven't tried the other classes so not sure how hard they are to play in comparison.

zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:32:49 AM

We should get a group of us from the forum to have a game one weekend? I have seen a few on this thread that enjoy the game. I must say, I am no pro haha, infact, I am closer to newbie still figuring things out but chances are there will be some other newbies that like the game like us. Assuming you're a newbie like me  Tongue

It's not like a shooter game so it's not like when you spawn on a map everyone is out to kill you. From my experience playing so far, the community is pretty nice. There are maps dedicated to solely fighting on like PK Arena but since I'm a noob I tend to stay away from there since I'd just get clobbered as you put it xD

I've been playing a Warrior, haven't tried the other classes so not sure how hard they are to play in comparison.

As gamingon said, it is likely not like the game you are thinking. I mean let's say COD for instance now when you start playing that, unless you are someone who plays 70hours a week for a year, then you usually just get annoyed by the spawn kills and traps and crap lol (looks away I wasn't a newbie destroyer)

Anyway to answer your questions, 1-10 on fun, I've only spent a little over an hour on it, I love this sort of adventure/exploring game so, currently I give an 8. On a scale of 1-10 on ease of use for newbie, I give a 10. As gaming on said, you won't need to worried about being "clobbered" straight out the gate.

When you get the game, message me and I will make some time to help you get to the point where I am at teaching you some basics ok?

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 02:02:11 PM

Have you thought about making the items in the game blockchain-based? This can be very powerful and would give more decentralization to the game by granting the players the benefit of real ownership above their gear.

You can easily create a Counterparty asset for each item to do this (at a 0.5XCP cost per asset class). The digital card game Spells of Genesis (www.spellsofgenesis.com) uses this way to make their trading cards blockchain-based.

Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 04:45:42 PM

Have you thought about making the items in the game blockchain-based? This can be very powerful and would give more decentralization to the game by granting the players the benefit of real ownership above their gear.

You can easily create a Counterparty asset for each item to do this (at a 0.5XCP cost per asset class). The digital card game Spells of Genesis (www.spellsofgenesis.com) uses this way to make their trading cards blockchain-based.

Our primary interest is creating provably fair gambling games. The Jewels currency will also be used for the cash shop but that is not what our project is focused on, just a nice way to create consistent demand for the coin while the gambling games are developed. Those gambling games will then be available inside our game, on their own website, as their own dedicated app and we will be looking to find other games/servers to embed them in their projects as well. As far as players are concerned, they do not need to even realize it's a cryptocurrency as that would confuse them greatly.
JewelsProject (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 05:58:59 PM

We have thought about this. While you're right doing this would decentralize the system further as well as allow players to "truly" own their gear there's an inherent problem with this approach.

Before I get into the cons of this approach let me first say that this approach does work well for a RTS (card) Game such as Spells of Genesis where you can represent cards as assets. Cards are immutable objects and thus they can be treated as just that; assets.

However, in our existing game (as well as likely in Rebirth) the item system will be dependent on upgrading items. In Apex, an item consists of a few parts: The base item, composition, bless, enchantment, two gems, and the list goes on. At very best, you could represent base items (easily) with an asset but representing the 'upgraded' aspects of an item are a bit more difficult and would require a custom blockchain solution (which isn't the biggest problem!).

The biggest problem is player security. Decentralization puts the burden of responsibility entirely on the player. Many players opt into scenarios where they share accounts and items with friends on a regular basis. Can you imagine the reaction a player would have if they emailed support and support said sorry we can't reverse that trade because item exchanging is an immutable transaction on the blockchain that we cannot reverse? They would freak out!

Tradingriver

Activity: 150

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:12:23 PM

i am not sure about this. in general i like the idea, to tokenize the game items, but this is to focused at a specific game i didn't know and play.
KingArbinV
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:39:34 PM

i am not sure about this. in general i like the idea, to tokenize the game items, but this is to focused at a specific game i didn't know and play.

As we are discussing a partnership, Coin2's first person shooter, Chain of Conflict will, be available to all JEWELS users once I ever get it finished. I've been working on it by myself for almost 2 years. There are plenty of demo's available, and if anyone in the JEWELS community could help me with the C# programming side that would move things along alot quicker.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in helping me, PM.

Reqs:

** Must have knowledge of Unity.
** You must have at least 2 years experience in C Sharp or UnityScript(JavaScript)
** You must have experience debugging.
** I want to see prior programming experience as well.

Link to demo to see what your getting into:

Windows:  http://coinstore.me/games/COCAlpha/COCAlpha_PC_v017.rar
Mac:  http://coinstore.me/games/COCAlpha/COCAlpha_v017.app.zip
Linux:  http://coinstore.me/games/COCAlpha/COCAlphaLinux_v017.tar
Browser: http://coinstore.me/games/CoC/

In its current state it only needs multiplayer and shop/wallet functionality,
I am basically a 3D model artist, not a real programmer but I do have some experience.

Also I was bored wanting to render something to relate to a JEWELS coin2 joint effort, this isnt official,
were actually still talking but I would just like some opinions. Yes I know it needs some text... lol

If the JEWELS devs want this post removed I will do so.

World without fiats!
Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 06:41:31 PM

To clarify some on this partnership, we'll also be adding C2 deposit option to our jewel wallet which will allow users to automate the process of exchanging C2>BTC>Jewels
JewelsProject (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 06:56:15 PM

Some items which don't have a myriad of attributes (bless, etc.) such as garments (they change visual appearance of armors) could exist as blockchain assets (and there are other items that fall into this category) but to us it simply doesn't make sense for a small subset of items to exist on the blockchain meanwhile others don't.

All in all, the problem isn't blockchain technology itself, it's more so the scenario players have been accustom with from player other games which is if their account is hacked or compromised, the central authority (the game company) can reverse transactions thus giving the rightful owner back their items.

jayguar

Activity: 616
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:15:26 PM

There are not many coins based on games. This seems good and will be watching this.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄█████████████▄
░░░█████████████████
░░████▄░░░█████▄████
███▀██░░░███████████
██████░░░████████████
███▄██░░░██████▀█████
████░░░░░███████████
█████▄░░░░██████▀░░███
██████░░░░░▀▀▀░░░▄███
░░██████░░██▄▄▄▄████
░░░██████▄▀█▀▄████
░░░░▀█████████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UNNAMED.EXCHANGE░░░░▄██░░
░░░░██░░░
░░░▀██▀░░
░░░░██░░░

░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░
░░███████░░
▐██▄█▄██▌
██▄  ▀  ▄██
░░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░
░░▀███▄███▌░░
░░░░██████░░░
░░░░▄███▀░░░░
░░░░░▄██░░░
░░░▄████░░░
░░██▀▄██▌░░
░░░░▀██░░
Simss

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 01:51:08 AM

There is no contest whatsoever Signature Huh
JewelsProject (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 07:56:56 AM

I'm sorry I don't understand your question or statement.

BoldNinja

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 08:18:03 AM

He probably meant that there is no bounty, etc... Smiley

I have a question this new game you are talking to will be based on current game dynamics, ... will you also modernize graphics, will it be standalone or browser based? Any sketches or something available.

JewelsProject (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 09:27:20 AM

I have a question this new game you are talking to will be based on current game dynamics, ... will you also modernize graphics, will it be standalone or browser based? Any sketches or something available.

There will be a signature campaign available in the upcoming days.

In regards to your question, I'll see if we can get a video made where in it we talk about it and our express some of our current thoughts and plans. This video should cover your questions as well as answer plenty of other questions surrounding Project Rebirth. It's possible that in the Blockchain Dynamics talk show we may go into depth about this a little bit as well.

I'd like to emphasize dynamics and mechanics are two different things. I apologize if I said before it would be based off the existing games dynamics because that is not the case. Mechanics typically refers to components of a game that have a "skill" factor. For example, how well you can hit a skill shot and how certain skill shots work would fall under "mechanics." If a player with equal equipment can take on say 3 other players with similar gear by dodging their skill shots while landing there's, using counter abilities at the right time, etc. and outplays their opponents, you would typically say that player is mechanically gifted.

To answer your question, the game will most likely be 2.5D (this means 2D map using an isometric grid and 3D characters/models) with modern graphics. The game will most likely be stand alone and require you to download it to play it. We cannot offer you any concept art at this time, but we do have plenty already written documents on conceptual things that may play a role in development. Will look to elaborate on this in the video.

BoldNinja

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:31:49 AM

There will be a signature campaign available in the upcoming days.

In regards to your question, I'll see if we can get a video made where in it we talk about it and our express some of our current thoughts and plans. This video should cover your questions as well as answer plenty of other questions surrounding Project Rebirth. It's possible that in the Blockchain Dynamics talk show we may go into depth about this a little bit as well.

I'd like to emphasize dynamics and mechanics are two different things. I apologize if I said before it would be based off the existing games dynamics because that is not the case. Mechanics typically refers to components of a game that have a "skill" factor. For example, how well you can hit a skill shot and how certain skill shots work would fall under "mechanics." If a player with equal equipment can take on say 3 other players with similar gear by dodging their skill shots while landing there's, using counter abilities at the right time, etc. and outplays their opponents, you would typically say that player is mechanically gifted.

To answer your question, the game will most likely be 2.5D (this means 2D map using an isometric grid and 3D characters/models) with modern graphics. The game will most likely be stand alone and require you to download it to play it. We cannot offer you any concept art at this time, but we do have plenty already written documents on conceptual things that may play a role in development. Will look to elaborate on this in the video.

Great answer looking forward to that will also invest since this project seems interesting. Good luck!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: