Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:59:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (JWL) JEWELS 🔷 HEROES LAUNCHED 🔷 1ST JWL USE CASE 🔷 TRADING ON BITTREX  (Read 212606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
aidia

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:30:18 PM

If I was Chris and had the database he had the site would have 5k players on the first day all spending money.

Then share your knowledge please.

Trust me my friend, I have tried to help and I have shared my knowledge with Chris but he seems to think he knows better.

And your advise is... ?

I cant give you that information. All I can say is that I have briefed Chris on what I think needs to be done and now it's up to him.

So you are just full of BS in the end. Sorry pal, this is the end of our discussion. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:30:57 PM

You don't seem to get it and you are negotiating with yourself, that's a big scary thought. Why would you make a stupid statement like "No one joining Heroes who has not played conquer before would have any interest in it" I never played conquer before, as many others on the forum who invested but we are all playing heroes. What makes us so different?

Why do you think you know what everyone in the world would or would not play?

Seems a bit egotistical to me.

The #1 market for projects like this is those who are nostalgic for the original game. We've proven time and time again that whenever we try advertising to wider groups (gamers from other communities or who have not played conquer before) it simply results in a huge headache for our support staff who are there to discuss account issues, bug reports and other such issues, not teach people how to play the game. That's not going into the abysmally low conversion rate of such advertisements. I think after over a decade of being involved in CO development, saying I have an idea of the type of people who plays these projects has been earned.

As someone who works as application developers and customer support i really agree with you. In developing a product it is better to target what you know best and target to convert player into a regular player.  You have a decade of experience in this market and in order to make a good start, this decission is a sound one.

The critism that you are egoistic is baseless and just want to make jewels popular but not its usage. Concentrate on what make jewels valuable and not make jewels just in name. Look at dogecoin, it ride on hype and stay as so. No real serius usage.  

Jewels and dogecoin?  Really want to compare those two mate? Its not even a fair fight. Doge will win 100% of the time and jewels would only be so lucky to get brand recognition like doge has. But....

Its nice to see you all sucking off on Chris's cock and all but the truth is we were supposed to have lots of people playing heroes because of Chris's previous users from apex, heroes been out for a while but it only has 40 players playing, that's pretty sad for someone who has such a big database of previous conquer players when even he Chris himself is saying they are the only ones he wants to market to because they play the game ra ra ra. But with his list of 30k conquer players he only converted 40 players.  Huh

Care to explain how only marketing to current or old players is the right path?

If I was Chris and had the database he had the site would have 5k players on the first day all spending money.

That reminds me, Chris, how many jewels have been bought for paypal and how much palpal usd was the total.

I have to admit, you're making a lot of good points.

Ya of course you agree with his points, you're the same guy fuding price on the last page...
ridewithme

Activity: 406

Follow me to the Profitland.

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:35:09 PM

Then share your knowledge please.

Trust me my friend, I have tried to help and I have shared my knowledge with Chris but he seems to think he knows better.

Sorry but it's hard to believe anything you say. I agree the thread is getting jacked by speculators wanting to hype the coin. Just my opinion, nothing personal.

I come from crypto community but have played games like Diablo 1,2,3 and UO (ultima online) and I can say that the game has been pretty difficult to play IF you haven't played it before. But several times I have been in game and asked a question and most of the time Pro4Never would be there to answer it. Not brown nosing, just the truth.

It makes sense to me to keep marketing to people who would actually play the game, last night when I was playing there was two guys talking back and forth and one of them mentioned buying 1000 jwl worth of in game items. Makes sense to get the guys in that have played before and will buy stuff rather than crypto speculators who could care less about the actual in game stuff.

But he has a list of 30k players who played with him on Apex and in the last week he managed only to get 40 players on the new server by marketing to them and I imagine only a small amount of income has been generated.

Let me ask you Mr game player.

If you owned a server and had 30k players previously, and made over 12k a month on that old server dont you think you would be able to bring in big money on the first few weeks, with big big hype ect or would you be happy with 40 players, geez, the jwl slack has more members for crying out loud.

Anyway. You do the math and think all you want about me wanting to manipulate the price, truth is I want to this this succeed but im not seeing the right steps being taken so im getting a bit pissed, thank god I sold enough coins to be riding on free jwl now but that's not important. What's important is that we all make money and that Chris builds great games and more importantly great businesses.

I invested in ETH and made money, WAVES, made money, JEWELS made money, NXT made money, BTC made a lot of money!
Follow me and profit.
Pro4Never

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 10:40:19 PM

The game would be literally unplayable with that many players. A 'active' server should expect a few hundred players online at any given time. As soon as you approach the 1k to 1.5k mark the game design itself falls apart both from the size of the game world (not enough space to go around between players) and the client itself isn't capable of rendering properly without things grinding to a halt.

Those are client and core limitations of the original game, nothing to do with the server architecture. The solution to that is to roll out servers in different regions and is totally doable and is something we've planned from day 1. We plan to release the NA server at the same time as our first expansion pack launches.

we were supposed to have lots of people playing heroes because of Chris's previous users from apex, heroes been out for a while but it only has 40 players playing, that's pretty sad[/b] for someone who has such a big database of previous conquer players when even he Chris himself is saying they are the only ones he wants to market to because they play the game ra ra ra. But with his list of 30k conquer players he only converted 40 players

The game is growing at a very steady rate and is doing quite well. So far we have 400 characters created since the server launch and are at 40+ CCU at any given time.

A good end goal for a project like heroes is to hit 300-500 CCU which is something we'd expect to accomplish within 6 months of launch. Growth beyond that point becomes much harder because there are less and less players with previous knowledge to bring in and your conversion rate drops drastically. Very few people are going to research a game of this age from start to finish if they have no past experience or knowledge of it. The exception is those who already have friends playing the game who invite them and are willing to teach them a thing or two about how it works.

Heroes is a a first use case only. It's an project that's already launched and creates a consistent demand for jewels and as we add more features will become more accessible. In its current state though it is not something any non conquer player would want to play. I would expect once we have the Jewels Marketplace and or the Jewels gambling games released to see much larger expansion OUTSIDE of the conquer community.

I'm saying this from both experience and understanding regarding the game and its community - we're focusing the audience that actually knows how the game works and wants to play it. Those are the people who act as vectors for further advertisement as they will be online consistently and are able to help new players who join the game, will advertise to their friends and will be active in events and tournaments so that when new players join the game they aren't simply dropped into a hostile environment with no information on how to proceed.

Sorry but it's hard to believe anything you say. I agree the thread is getting jacked by speculators wanting to hype the coin. Just my opinion, nothing personal.

I come from crypto community but have played games like Diablo 1,2,3 and UO (ultima online) and I can say that the game has been pretty difficult to play IF you haven't played it before. But several times I have been in game and asked a question and most of the time Pro4Never would be there to answer it. Not brown nosing, just the truth.

It makes sense to me to keep marketing to people who would actually play the game, last night when I was playing there was two guys talking back and forth and one of them mentioned buying 1000 jwl worth of in game items. Makes sense to get the guys in that have played before and will buy stuff rather than crypto speculators who could care less about the actual in game stuff.

Definitely remember speaking with you in game a few times, glad to see you continuing to log in and hang out with us!

As you've mentioned it's a bit different of a style of games compared to others and not necessarily something that's easy to dive into. The more core players we can attract who already are familiar with the game and the community the easier it will become for people like you. It means more players wearing the Helper/Moderator tag to answer questions and guide people around. It means more articles written on our wiki documenting how quests or game systems work. It means a more fun and active environment for those joining who arent sure what to expect and (possibly most important of all) it means them inviting their friends from their other communities.

I cant speak towards the advertisement background of ridewithme but saying that you should ignore trying to build the core community of a game project first is dangerous thinking.

bit - imagine if you joined the game and there was 100 players all in TwinCity who had no idea how the game worked. You've played similar games in the past but can you imagine how long a large group of such players would remain around if there was not already a solid and active foundation of knowledgable players to give them a guiding hand?
BoldNinja

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 11:00:28 PM

Chris wise words - I don't know why even give a satisfaction to those hatters and "artificial dumpers" who in the end just want to accumulate cheap coins. Those who are in JWL for quick profit - well guys what are you waiting for ? Sell now for 2x ICO price and be on your way else just stake and watch the JWL train.

ridewithme

Activity: 406

Follow me to the Profitland.

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 11:08:23 PM

The game would be literally unplayable with that many players. A 'active' server should expect a few hundred players online at any given time. As soon as you approach the 1k to 1.5k mark the game design itself falls apart both from the size of the game world (not enough space to go around between players) and the client itself isn't capable of rendering properly without things grinding to a halt.

Those are client and core limitations of the original game, nothing to do with the server architecture. The solution to that is to roll out servers in different regions and is totally doable and is something we've planned from day 1. We plan to release the NA server at the same time as our first expansion pack launches.

we were supposed to have lots of people playing heroes because of Chris's previous users from apex, heroes been out for a while but it only has 40 players playing, that's pretty sad[/b] for someone who has such a big database of previous conquer players when even he Chris himself is saying they are the only ones he wants to market to because they play the game ra ra ra. But with his list of 30k conquer players he only converted 40 players

The game is growing at a very steady rate and is doing quite well. So far we have 400 characters created since the server launch and are at 40+ CCU at any given time.

A good end goal for a project like heroes is to hit 300-500 CCU which is something we'd expect to accomplish within 6 months of launch. Growth beyond that point becomes much harder because there are less and less players with previous knowledge to bring in and your conversion rate drops drastically. Very few people are going to research a game of this age from start to finish if they have no past experience or knowledge of it. The exception is those who already have friends playing the game who invite them and are willing to teach them a thing or two about how it works.

Heroes is a a first use case only. It's an project that's already launched and creates a consistent demand for jewels and as we add more features will become more accessible. In its current state though it is not something any non conquer player would want to play. I would expect once we have the Jewels Marketplace and or the Jewels gambling games released to see much larger expansion OUTSIDE of the conquer community.

I'm saying this from both experience and understanding regarding the game and its community - we're focusing the audience that actually knows how the game works and wants to play it. Those are the people who act as vectors for further advertisement as they will be online consistently and are able to help new players who join the game, will advertise to their friends and will be active in events and tournaments so that when new players join the game they aren't simply dropped into a hostile environment with no information on how to proceed.

Definitely remember speaking with you in game a few times, glad to see you continuing to log in and hang out with us!

As you've mentioned it's a bit different of a style of games compared to others and not necessarily something that's easy to dive into. The more core players we can attract who already are familiar with the game and the community the easier it will become for people like you. It means more players wearing the Helper/Moderator tag to answer questions and guide people around. It means more articles written on our wiki documenting how quests or game systems work. It means a more fun and active environment for those joining who arent sure what to expect and (possibly most important of all) it means them inviting their friends from their other communities.

I cant speak towards the advertisement background of ridewithme but saying that you should ignore trying to build the core community of a game project first is dangerous thinking.

bit - imagine if you joined the game and there was 100 players all in TwinCity who had no idea how the game worked. You've played similar games in the past but can you imagine how long a large group of such players would remain around if there was not already a solid and active foundation of knowledgable players to give them a guiding hand?

Reserved to answer later, Gotta go for dinner now.

I invested in ETH and made money, WAVES, made money, JEWELS made money, NXT made money, BTC made a lot of money!
Follow me and profit.
Diplo

Activity: 142

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:08:40 AM

How was the show today?

The show went quite well. It was a bit less crypto focused than the previous ones as our focus was on discussing the launch of heroes, the jewels shop, the progress on the gambling games and the upcoming stuff we're working on in regards to token based assets/limited run cosmetics.

When will you start marketing because ever day I get up and google pro4never, apex conquer and conquerheros and jewels cryptocurrency and I get no new results.
Marketing is very important. When will it start?

Our facebook ads are live - we've reached over 125k facebook users since the start of the ad campaigns. We have a second round of ads starting this weekend and are looking into multi-site ads through gaming news websites. We're directly targeting our ads towards those who will have an interest in playing the server and as what we're releasing shifts closer to the crypto community then so will the advertisements.

But what about advertising to the crypto world, for all of the jewels holders, we invested and are holding this coin which I cant find ANY marketing or advertisements being placed to let people know about the new cool wonderful cryptocurrency. That is a major concern to me and I am going to go out on a limb and assume it is bothering others as well. Maybe if they want they can chime in and give their own opinion but just having you market on facebook to gamers and forget about all the coin holders and marketing for the coin is not a great start and has me second guessing my investment now. It just seems like making the coin holders aka investors happy is not of concern to you. Its been weeks peole are asking about coin marketing and you keep ignoring the message.

My 0.02$. Facebook ads suck and are just a  great way of wasting money and you need to listen to parthack and start focusing your marketing for the bread and butter of your project which is the investors.
The coin needs to be marketed.

You claim to understand marketing yet you tell him to waste resources on marketing to investors? Please. They're not the ones that need to be convinced, they're investors--meaning they're in the coin... unless you misspoke, in which case you're forgiven.  People will put money in this project for 2 reasons, either they like the idea and concepts behind it and believe in the team (which I think represents a lot of those here), or they love the game(s) on the platform, like Heros and they want the coin in order to participate.  That's it, it's pretty simple, not rocket science.  Growth in the crypto community will happen organically, and if they want, they can do more on twitter, reddit, etc... it's free and simple.

But where they are spending the most money and resources is on building a real user-base which is critical for a project/coin like this. You complainers should understand that by now. It's their project, not yours, if you know exactly what to do why not create your own?

My 0.02$. Facebook ads suck and are just a  great way of wasting money and you need to listen to parthack and start focusing your marketing for the bread and butter of your project which is the investors.
The coin needs to be marketed.

Facebook is the only way to directly target players who have played conquer before which is the only market that we are going to be able to convert at any meaningful rate to players of the heroes project. Until the jewels games are ready and our jewels marketplace is released, there's not really anything for crypto users to be interested in in regards to advertisements.

Don't listen to whiners hoping you'll hype the coin to other altcoiners so that JWL will get a quick pump, your strategy seems absolutely sound and targeting people who'll actually play the game makes 1000 times more sense than what they're proposing. In fact a lot of the posts over the last two or three pages seem like nothing but barefaced attempts to manipulate the price. Is there a blog for JWL or anything like that where I could get just the news without having to wade through all the trader talk and fake sell offers?

Its a game, market it to everyone who is into computers, marketing it only to a small select few who have played the game before is not the correct method to making money. Care to argue that or do you just want to call people names while making wild accusations.

And if you think my sell offer is fake then why dont you put it up to the test and make an offer.

What makes you think you know better than the guy who's been working on it all this time when it comes to which marketing strategies will have the best conversion rates? What's your experience in the industry? What past experience do you have of marketing a game like this?

And as for your sell offer, it's hardly a "wild accusation" to claim it might be fake when at the very top of the previous page you admitted to lying here in an attempt to manipulate prices. Regardless, there's plenty of buy support, why not sell on the exchange if you really have that much and want to sell?

I know a thing or two when it comes to marketing and making money and I can assure you I dont need any experience in this particular industry to know that while Chris can make servers and make them well he's not a marketing whiz or even close to it, as a matter of fact most developers suck at marketing not for a lack of trying but basically because their brain works on a different level then the common man, the common gamer, the common jwl investor.
Ask any coin dev team and they'll all tell you the same for the most part 99% of the devs cant market for shit. Its just not in them. Its not part of their dna to even know how to market well, where to market, how much to spend on marketing ect.

Im not a dumper but I do want to sell my 500K. There are whales around and some might want a chance to lock up half a mill jwl. Right now you cant even buy 330k for under 16 btc, My 500K is a good chance at that may never come again.

Please leave the project if this is you really feel, people don't need or appreciate guys like you.  You're a sham, i've seen your crap all over other threads and you're a cancer to an otherwise blooming and amazing space.  Learn to give a little respect in this community, people like you give it a bad name to outsiders ... the very people you feel so strongly about trying to attract.  Great job.
CrowdWhale

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @CrowdWhale

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:59:09 AM

LOL, ridewithme FUDs every coin he touches. He's doing the same thing with STRAT. Sad to see him wasting the team's time.

I made an RPG people used to pay to play and will again when I have time to update it a bit and relaunch. [ https://www.facebook.com/towrpg ] What he's saying about the marketing is correct. Advertising is expensive and has to be carefully targeted for the ROI to work out, especially if the game isn't a generic clone of other games. And for a game recently launched with limited resources 40 players online at once really isn't too bad.
bakedrice

Activity: 338

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 02:16:23 AM

I know a thing or two when it comes to marketing and making money and I can assure you I dont need any experience in this particular industry to know that while Chris can make servers and make them well he's not a marketing whiz or even close to it, as a matter of fact most developers suck at marketing not for a lack of trying but basically because their brain works on a different level then the common man, the common gamer, the common jwl investor.
Ask any coin dev team and they'll all tell you the same for the most part 99% of the devs cant market for shit. Its just not in them. Its not part of their dna to even know how to market well, where to market, how much to spend on marketing ect.

Im not a dumper but I do want to sell my 500K. There are whales around and some might want a chance to lock up half a mill jwl. Right now you cant even buy 330k for under 16 btc, My 500K is a good chance at that may never come again.

Neither are you able to sell more than 300K coins for above 2000 sats. I'll buy that 500k off you for 9.5 btc.

Gutembergin

Activity: 176

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:21:44 AM

Under 3k today, my bet is back around 2k on Monday. Sell now buy later or is it sell now and cry later  Smiley

2k Monday looks about right from where I'm sitting. People will be waking up soon and reading the thread, seeing what happened and selling too. I have my orders between 1 sat and 1700 sat
Gutembergin

Activity: 176

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:34:46 AM

Under 3k today, my bet is back around 2k on Monday. Sell now buy later or is it sell now and cry later  Smiley

2k Monday looks about right from where I'm sitting. People will be waking up soon and reading the thread, seeing what happened and selling too. I have my orders between 1 sat and 1700 sat

Next accumulation stage is 0.00001850 - 0.00002100 from my diagnosis and should last roughly 10-14 days. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Sounds about right to me but do you really think it will sit for only 10 days to a few weeks because normally the real accumulation lasts months before the real pump happens. Just look at any chart on trex or polo and you'll know what I mean.
DU30

Activity: 294

I trade and Gemini and you should too.

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 03:38:10 AM

Its going below ico 100% forsure. That's how it always works, small test pump, dump below ico, accumulation and then monster pump. Holding now is counter productive if you want to trade and make money. But if you just want to hold then holding is good for long term, 6-18 months.
DU30

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 03:59:07 AM

I would be careful going along with the normal premise.  This developer is fast moving.  Dumb manipulations are short term.

With only 6 btc above 2100 I'm sure they are right and you with your newbie account is wrong.

This is coming down!
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:03:37 AM

Its going below ico 100% forsure. That's how it always works, small test pump, dump below ico, accumulation and then monster pump. Holding now is counter productive if you want to trade and make money. But if you just want to hold then holding is good for long term, 6-18 months.
i also thinking about that mate if this one will go down much better to accumulate and bag some more then wait staking is working fine might need to position in a good assessment and will keep this checked from time to time.
CrowdWhale

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:14:06 AM

9.5 BTC above 2k, plus everyone chiming in saying they want to buy down there. Call me skeptical. I'll keep holding like a champ.
DU30

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:47:29 AM

I would be careful going along with the normal premise.  This developer is fast moving.  Dumb manipulations are short term.

With only 6 btc above 2100 I'm sure they are right and you with your newbie account is wrong.

This is coming down!

I may have a newbie account but I have been around since Litecoin was .05$.  This account was created in 2013 and long after I had already been lurking.  I don't post much.

LOL. Ok dude, whatever you say. See you in the teens.
DU30

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:49:03 AM

9.5 BTC above 2k, plus everyone chiming in saying they want to buy down there. Call me skeptical. I'll keep holding like a champ.

Well don't just hold. Buy some.

Look 53k available right at 3k. If its such a good deal buy the coins bigmouth.
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 05:01:26 AM

STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT MY INVESTMENT MOTHERFUCKERS.

ITS NOT GOING ANY LOWER.

OKKKKKKK!!!!
CrowdWhale

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 05:08:31 AM

If I'm a bigmouth for saying I'm not counting on it going lower, you're a much bigger mouth for repeatedly saying it definitely is, hypocrite.

And it's funny when people imply you should buy more just because it's at a good price. I already bought the amount I wanted in this same price range.

You don't seem very bright.
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 05:12:08 AM

If I'm a bigmouth for saying I'm not counting on it going lower, you're a much bigger mouth for repeatedly saying it is, hypocrite.

And it's funny when people imply you should buy more just because it's at a good price. I already bought the amount I wanted in this same price range.

You don't seem very bright.

Don't fight guys. Maybe it will go lower maybe not. Just wait for project rebirth next year and we can all be rich. Its only five or six months away, so hold on tight or buy more or sell and trade, just know that in five or six months this will blow up.
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: