Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:13:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][rICO]Antshares Blockchain Mainnet is ONLINE!  (Read 1300505 times)
Ashara

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:33:17 AM

Actually I've already tried everything...
Did you try re installing the old one and opening your back up file from there?

i dont have the old one. can u give me a link for the old gui?

The original Antshares GUI is still there:

https://neo.org/Download

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you will try that. Currently the wallet im using is not syncing full stop it seems. Is it a bad idea to send funds there with the assumption it will eventually snyc? Am I better just keeping the coins on an exchange untill I sort the other faster wallet out?

That should not be a problem. I also sent my ANS/NEO to the wallet before it had synchronized. It might not show up, but it is already earning ANC/GAS when you send them, so it cannot hurt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know when the wallet for coins will be available for MAC? i want to start earning those dividends..

It is being developed and one of the top priorities for the third quarter of 2017. If I had to guess I would say that it would be introduced somewhere in August, but that is merely my guess. If you really insist on getting ANC/GAS as soon as possible, you can also create an account at the Binance exchange and send your NEO there as Binance gives the generated ANC/GAS to its NEO holders unlike Bittrex. Binance hands those over at the end of every month, so you will not get them immediately.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sluglife1987

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:54:51 AM

Right now using the very temperamental web wallet and went to change it to the faster desktop wallet but iv messed up somewhere and will need to uninstall the wallet and start again, might take me a while since I cant the program in reg edit or in add or remove programs.

So was wondering if anyone knows how I cant uninstall the desktop wallet on windows 10 and why it does not appear in regedit?

Also was wanting to buy more NEO shares and was wondering it it was safe to send to the web wallet that is currently not synced? Want to buy tonight or tomorow and might not have time to sort out the desktop wallet before I need to start working so may need to store it on the web wallet as a tempory measure.

The wallet does not have an official install, so there is no official uninstall either. You just delete the NEO GUI folder and get a new copy of it from the website if your current one does not work properly. Make sure you get the bootstrapfile to speed up the synchronization process or copy the Core folder of your current NEO GUI folder if the synchronization process already was far along. Before you actually intend to transfer funds to your wallet, make sure you have a made a copy of the .db3 file and stored it on an external storage device and make sure you copy the private keys on paper and store them in a safe space. The web wallet is less optimal than the Windows wallet from what I understand, so if you have a choice stick with the Windows wallet. Alternatively you can buy at the Binance exchange and temporarily keep them there if you would trust that. Binance charges no transaction fees currently and it pays the generated GAS to its NEO holders unlike Bittrex which keeps all GAS/ANC for itself.

If you send funds to any wallet that is not fully synchronized, then the funds will not show up in that wallet until it is synchronized. You can however use one of the NEO blockchain explorers to check whether your funds have arrived such as this one: https://neotracker.io/

--------------------------------------------

I tried deleting the NEO GUI folder and all its contents but when I tried installing it again everything seems to be there except the application to open it.

https://gyazo.com/bfc6c4a4a3f706006abf40b10e75ce40

Im currently sncying the antshares client pc edition wallet https://neo.org/Download . Will this work to store my NEO on ? Also where can I locate this .db3 file tried searching for it in downloads but doesnt appear to be there.
Bitbullterrier

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:04:08 PM

I've got the antshares wallet on windows,
What's the easiest way to upgrade to new neo wallet
Install and just replace wallet.dat file etc with the old one ?
Ashara

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:11:33 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 03:04:37 PM by Ashara

I would just get the entire wallet file here: https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/ (wallets located on the righthand side)
Once you have it, you will want to copy your Core folder from the Antshares wallet into the NEO folder, so you do not have the synchronize again. Except for that, you will of course want to keep your .db3 file in a safe place (separate location) and if all runs in a desirable way you can then remove your old Antshares GUI folder from your computer if so desired.
Knepala

Activity: 504
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:05:12 PM

I would just get the entire wallet file here: https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/ (wallets located on the righthand side)
Once you have it, you will want to copy your Core folder from the Antshares wallet into the NEO folder, so you do not have the synchronize again. Except for that, you will of course want to keep your .db3 file in a safe place (separate location) and if all runs in a desirable way you can then remove your old Antshares GUI folder from your computer if so desired.

He already has the wallet file, why should he get it from reddit?

Yes, just copy and replace the wallet folder from your antshares folder to your new NEO folder and it should be fine.

Bigbobbasher

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Crypto connoisseur.

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:56:46 PM

Do we need to switch to neo wallet? Or is it ok to keep using antshares waller we already have? Thx
MBrandoeye

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:57:42 PM

Buying a shitload of this! 500k will show up again soon
yugu

^_^

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:00:53 PM

is this coin a good investment? I am new to crypto, I hope someone would like to advice. Thanks.
It looks like it is promising one.
But still nothing working in real world. So, only expectations.
Try to catch some good price near 200k satoshis. Then it would look like a good investment.
By the way, it is not an investment when you buy to later sell. It is called speculation.

CHANGE — First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank | ICO | DISCUSSION
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:15:10 PM

is this coin a good investment? I am new to crypto, I hope someone would like to advice. Thanks.

As has been said, do your own research and make your own decisions. No investment is a guarantee, either in the short or long term. Crypto's timelines are shorter than those in the real world because a) the tech, and our understanding of how we can use it, is evolving very fast; and b) the 'overnight' success of Bitcoin and others has created the (misguided) expectation that it's easy to get rich, and, by extension, that if a coin doesn't go to the moon in two weeks there must be something wrong with it. Ultimately, the same basic rules apply here as in real-world investing. You will find that there are a lot of people who say 'NEO is the best' or 'NEO is terrible' for their own ulterior reasons, trying to influence you. Educate yourself so that your decisions will reflect your own beliefs and interests.

Re: NEO, my personal opinion (which isn't worth any more than any other opinion on the internet) is that it has a capable development team, a good product on paper, and a detailed roadmap (maybe even a little too ambitious). I also like that it pays a 'dividend' in the form of GAS. So yes, having played this game for a while I think it has potential, but whether it will realize that potential is something we can't know in advance. To me the most interesting thing about NEO is its position and potential in China. Arguably that could be a double-edged sword, so how you feel about the China factor will go a long way toward deciding whether this is for you, or not.

Full disclosure: I hold a modest amount of NEO and plan to hold for at least a year.

VampiricElder

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:37:18 PM

Try to catch some good price near 200k satoshis. Then it would look like a good investment.
By the way, it is not an investment when you buy to later sell. It is called speculation.
People are dumping their altcoins to get bitcoin thinking they are going to make profit with free bitcoin cash, but they dont realise the value of bitcoin cash will cause them a loss as opposed to keeping their alts and buying bitcoin direct with fiat. I love the idea of free bitcoin cash but it will be dumped in minutes, and the people who sold their alts are going to lose alot of money.
This week will be the best time to buy altcoins until August 1st
Bigbobbasher

Merit: 101

Crypto connoisseur.

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:48:51 PM

People are dumping their altcoins to get bitcoin thinking they are going to make profit with free bitcoin cash, but they dont realise the value of bitcoin cash will cause them a loss as opposed to keeping their alts and buying bitcoin direct with fiat. I love the idea of free bitcoin cash but it will be dumped in minutes, and the people who sold their alts are going to lose alot of money.

Yes. My thoughts exactly. Theres a lot of alt dumping going on, and for a coin, bcc, that is offering a service done better by many other alts right now.
bob75coin

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:59:10 PM

Do we need to switch to neo wallet? Or is it ok to keep using antshares waller we already have? Thx
mee too!
I thought that it would be automatically updated from antshare wallet. Is it wrong?
leeiam

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:06:25 PM

It must depend how quick you can dump BCC for BTC and then what the fuck BTC is going to do after the fork happens, it may parabolic or dump heavy no-one knows
mamaya

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:11:24 PM

It must depend how quick you can dump BCC for BTC and then what the fuck BTC is going to do after the fork happens, it may parabolic or dump heavy no-one knows

I think parabolic because people will start to believe in bitcoin again when most of the issues surrounding it are resolved. This is good for altcoins and will be good for Antshares though because what is good for bitcoin is always good for the market in general.
bob75coin

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:07:03 PM

You are right and I think that too often people think that (BTC + BCC)>> BTC (today)
I sold BTC for buying ANS and I am not even sure that BCC will survive.
Ashara

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:17:28 AM

Excellent video explaining smart contracts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjdy245Z5eg&feature=youtu.be
ghip

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:35:07 AM

Have anybody found the new client? at https://neo.org/Download I can see only the old AntshareseCore v1.6, updated on the 25th of May. Where is the famous new client?
blastk

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:04:28 AM

Have anybody found the new client? at https://neo.org/Download I can see only the old AntshareseCore v1.6, updated on the 25th of May. Where is the famous new client?

https://github.com/neo-project/neo-gui
Ashara

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:32:04 PM

You should bookmark the following link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/

That is the main hub of (non-developer) NEO information in the Western world. On the right side of that page you will find all kinds of useful links including various NEO wallets.
memberx

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:41:01 PM

What was the reason for Antshares to rebrand to NEO? Also will the symbol stay ANS?

Pages: « 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 »
  Print  

Jump to: