Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:55:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashrate RX 470  (Read 134981 times)
nevermind41

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:53:35 AM

@Eliovp   I still wait your test with 2100 mhz - 1500 strap.
@All VDDC can easily drop with Msi Afterburner. Just edit your bios for gpu frequency, ram frequency and also for ram straps. TDP and VDDC can tune with Msi Afterburner.
Don't consider the idiots who drop the VDDC and give no information. They behave as if they are Mandrake.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 08:04:53 AM

@Eliovp   I still wait your test with 2100 mhz - 1500 strap.
@All VDDC can easily drop with Msi Afterburner. Just edit your bios for gpu frequency, ram frequency and also for ram straps. TDP and VDDC can tune with Msi Afterburner.
Don't consider the idiots who drop the VDDC and give no information. They behave as if they are Mandrake.

1500 strap all the way up, frame buffer will drop, as so will hashrate.

I only have Samsung cards and a Micron card to test with, perhaps on hynix this will work, i can't say. Still, i doubt it Wink

Btw, your pictures are unclear, like always. No clear info.

have you ever done anything for the community? Nope i don't think so. A lot of words. But nothing to show for.

Adding VDDC Offset will let the voltage controller start calculating the needed voltage for a specific DPM at a lower start. Therefor it is better to do it like this.

You have lots to learn young padowan :p

Vegetablepin

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:16:48 AM

I only have Samsung cards and a Micron card to test with, perhaps on hynix this will work, i can't say. Still, i doubt it Wink

have you ever done anything for the community? Nope i don't think so. A lot of words. But nothing to show for.

Adding VDDC Offset will let the voltage controller start calculating the needed voltage for a specific DPM at a lower start. Therefor it is better to do it like this.

is there a 470 that doesnt have hynix?

Eliovp
Legendary

Huh?

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 08:24:48 AM

Hey,

I have an MSI 470 Gaming 8G with Micron <-- yeah i know.. sucks and also have a Sapphire 470 Nitro 8G with Samsung mem.

Greetings

Vegetablepin

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:43:36 AM

Hey,

I have an MSI 470 Gaming 8G with Micron <-- yeah i know.. sucks and also have a Sapphire 470 Nitro 8G with Samsung mem.

Greetings

sry I meant 4G, do you use 1500 straps on the MSI 8g & 4g(assuming you were to use polaris bios editor) even though its clocked lower?

Eliovp
Legendary

Huh?

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 08:50:34 AM

Hey,

Greetings

sry I meant 4G, do you use 1500 straps on the MSI 8g & 4g(assuming you were to use polaris bios editor) even though its clocked lower?

The MSI one can't handle anything. Clocks higher than 1750 is a failure.. I think i'm going to donate that card to charity..

The Sapphire one can take it all though :p

Vegetablepin

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:09:47 AM

Hey,

Greetings

The MSI one can't handle anything. Clocks higher than 1750 is a failure.. I think i'm going to donate that card to charity..

Did you try any different bios settings on the msi card? Same as you I have a sapphire and msi 470 8gb.. I thought the msi was going to be dual bios as well.. I got the sapphire card first. But I think the MSI card uses very little power on stock settings undervolted and it stays much cooler than the sapphire card.

nevermind41

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:25:38 AM

I have 12 470 and one of them can do it. But many of them can do over 30+
If your cards can't do this, It doesn't mean this is impossible.
My pictures are clear enough to see If you want to accept. But I think your mind isn't clear.
As I said before there is no need to edit the bios for vddc. Msi afterburner can do it and also you can test cards while they are mining.
[/quote]have you ever done anything for the community? Nope i don't think so. A lot of words. But nothing to show for.[/quote]
Must I save the world before I write in here? You behave like you saved here before Smiley
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:23:35 PM

Hey,

Greetings

i run my msi 470 4gb at 1800mem and its very stable...getting just 25.5mh thou...
Siskaver

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:49:18 PM

How much is the power consumption from the wall?

Hey,

Greetings

i run my msi 470 4gb at 1800mem and its very stable...getting just 25.5mh thou...
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 06:20:43 PM

Hey,

Greetings

im doing the 1500mem its stable and in the low to mid 60c range on temp doing 27.6

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 06:46:01 PM

To get back on topic, Post hashrate...but please dont just post a cropped screenshot...post all the info too. 

I have an MSI 470 4gb too, asic quality is average, like 70-75%.  (and I have an 8g too, but its not worth it really).  I run them 26.3/26.8, core 1000/mem 1850, fan speed is 60%, temps are 57c, and voltage is 0.88/0.89.  GPUz says 74w.  I'll be checking at the wall soon.  Stable for 24hrs, but recently once in a while my rig hangs, so i play around with some settings, bring up voltage a bit, etc.

I have also 2x sapphire 470, one 4g and one 8g.  again not worth the 8g.  they are about 27/27-29, 1000/1000 clock and mem 1875/2100.  I'll probably push the 2100 higher later.  fan is 60%, temps 60c, voltage 0.93, although It can get lower, but im trying to see what causes my rig to hang once in a while.  So yeah it can be optimized more, but so far so good.  If I buy more it'll be msi probably, great temps, great watt usage and good hashrate.  I've had all kinds of hickups with the sapphire ones, although they hash better.
tutorialevideo
Legendary

Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001

Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 08:12:26 PM

Hi i am testting out the 470 8 GB nitro on Ubuntu/Windows getting 28MH/ and 100W power draw/GPU.

Hosting Bitcoin and any mining gear in Europe/Romania.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5228685.msg53918147#msg53918147

For more info you can write me!
blue1984 (OP)

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:43:35 PM

@tutorialevideo
100 Watt on GPU-Z? or from the Wall?
lexele

Activity: 190

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:41:16 PM

Hi there,

I'm the happy owner of a sapphire 4gb ref with ASIC quality 90% (somme say it's important...Duno).
I can do a lot overclocking/underclocking/undervolting. Never tester overvolting, I try to spare electricity.

I tried A LOT of settings playing with Trixx (most stable) and WattTool (most practical) mostly running claymore's. Often both together (tricky but...)! Homemade custom bios (I may have flashed a undred bios last week, my wife and kids where abroad ;-)

Usually I dont go under 981mV for memory controler, it's not worth it vs stability.

For GPU voltage I should stop at 925mv under that mark hashrate drops or/and unstable.

For memory clock, hashrate drops over 2090/95. If somebody has a good advice about that i'll be happy to try.

This said, I reached up to 29,9Mh/s dual mining decred (dcri 10) and very briefly once only 30.02Mh/s but I was not happy with the stability and the share count did not really improve. Droped it.

Most stable in the time is more around 28,8 with clock at 1130 and memory between 2025/2050.

Some higher marks seem stable, but over several ours the share count drops by 5 shares every hour until it becomes ridiculous. I'm still looking for the winner!

To finish, GPU-z shows between 85 and 100 W depending of the settings, but at the wall add at least 20W more and probably 30W according to my powermeter.

It just crashed while writing at 1150/908mV-2050/981mV-202W whole system. It run for an hour , then dev fee provoqued a deconnection. At reconnection...crack.

I cant get it running stable more than a few hours under 210W/rig at the wall. Sometimes it's so on the edge of stability that I wonder how it can continue computing...

Ps: I intended to run it on linux at first, but 40W in excess vs windows stop this experiment!

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 10:54:23 PM

so modding rx 470 increases ETH hashing...

how about dual mining performance? mods increase SIA (dual mining)hashrate too?

is there any trade offs?

any recommended non reference rx 470 models?

the cheapest rx 470 around here is HIS RX 470 IceQ X² OC 4GB .. anybody using this gpu?
Lion BItcoin Shop

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

BitcoreService.com

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 06:39:23 AM

any tips for make my nitro 470 4gb stable at 28mh above in dualmining ?

Bakery

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 08:01:53 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 08:46:30 AM by Bakery

Hey, just cheking again so i don't mess anything up later.
To start tweaking the card with watttool i just put the card in system and then run the program in windows, nothing else?
Or is there some other steps like, i need to flash vbios first?
I would appreciate a little step-by-step tutorial just to be sure Wink
I just haven't done this before, only tweaked in msi afterburner which doesnt let you tweak that much. voltage control locked etc.
bit815792215

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 08:59:37 AM

any tips for make my nitro 470 4gb stable at 28mh above in dualmining ?

lower voltage with watt tool or raise tdp maybe

soundtuner

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 10:11:37 AM

@ Bakery

In MSI Afterburner you just have to enable the voltage control in settings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: