Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:02:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashrate RX 470  (Read 134983 times)
MikeBuzz

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:34:08 PM

I have 4x XFX Radeon RX 470 4GB RS Black Edition RX-470P4LDB6

From 3 of the card i am getting around 29Mhs, but the 4th card struggles to get 28Mhs, it turns out there are 2 versions of the card, A.2 and B.2, A.2 is Hynix and B.2 is Elpida

The Elpida run fine at 1250/2000

Beat the withdrawal fees using Coinbase and Revolut Fee Free Banking!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EuroCanuck

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:53:26 PM

From 3 of the card i am getting around 29Mhs, but the 4th card struggles to get 28Mhs, it turns out there are 2 versions of the card, A.2 and B.2, A.2 is Hynix and B.2 is Elpida

which memory strap? 1500?
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:00:57 AM

edit bios
8GB  30.xx Mh/s (drivers v16.9.2)
4GB  28.xx Mh/s (drivers v16.9.2)

what about power consumption...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
BrotnerMouzon

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:09:14 AM

You can share your bios rom for xfx 470 Hynix and Elpida memory, have those and those, thanks
MikeBuzz

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:43:50 AM

Yep 1500

here is a link to the bios, both orignal and modded

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/br4awa75ltg7tfy/AAAjF2Qk66OYlP1ntyLWDDbza?dl=0

i have removed the card that has the hynix memory as it seems to cause the system to be very unstable, but running the 3 cards with Elpida memory its been running for 12hrs with out issue average speed 86.41 according to nicehash

unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:22:20 PM

Yep 1500

i have removed the card that has the hynix memory as it seems to cause the system to be very unstable, but running the 3 cards with Elpida memory its been running for 12hrs with out issue average speed 86.41 according to nicehash

plz, can you share with us, the S/N card with hynix RAM, to avoid to buy it???
thanx

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
MikeBuzz

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:50:50 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 02:03:06 PM by MikeBuzz

Yep 1500

plz, can you share with us, the S/N card with hynix RAM, to avoid to buy it???
thanx

Top one is Hynix

Have flashed the Hynix back to standard BIOS now, will try and get this card swapped out, as seems to just generate memory errors even with no strap change

deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:31:19 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 04:00:13 AM by deadsix

Sapphire RX 470 4GB (Ref style) Memory Variants and their Max Hash Rates :

I only buy this card because of its reference style design, HSF making contact with and cooling memory, and its low price.
So far I have 81 of these cards, and run them all at ultra low power settings 1025/1785 @825/825 90W(at the wall, including PSU inefficiency).
I tweak timings till I get 25.5Mh/s per card at the above settings, and each of the variants can achieve this so they are all the same to me.

1: Hynix Memory Variant (43 cards average)
Cards with Serial Number beginning with A163XXXXX have Hynix memory, easy to mod, custom straps publicly available, perform ok, unstable at high clocks
Stock : 1216/1750 - 21.4Mh/s (solo mining ETH)
Max : 1150/1890 - 28.1Mh/s (dual mining ETH and Pasc with dcri 9)

2: Elpida Memory Variant (7 cards average)
Cards with Serial Number beginning with A1643XXXXX have Elpida memory, hard to mod, some custom Bios available, perform well
Stock : 1216/1750 - 22.3Mh/s (solo mining ETH)
Max : 1150/1940 - 28.9Mh/s (dual mining ETH and Pasc with dcri 9)

3: Samsung Memory Variant (31 cards average)
Cards with Serial Number beginning with A1640XXXXX or A1644XXXX have Samsung memory, easy to mod, perform the best, stable at high clocks
Stock : 1216/1750 - 24.6Mh/s (solo mining ETH)
Max : 1150/2025 - 30.2Mh/s (dual mining ETH and Pasc with dcri 9)

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:38:45 PM

I only buy this card because of its reference style design, HSF making contact with and cooling memory, and its low price.
So far I have 81 of these cards, and run them all at ultra low power settings 1025/1785 @825/825 90W(at the wall, including PSU inefficiency).
I tweak timings till I get 25.5Mh/s per card at the above settings.

1: Hynix Memory Variant (43 cards average)
Cards with Serial Number beginning with A1634XXXXX have Hynix memory, easy to mod, custom straps publicly available, perform ok, unstable at high clocks
Stock : 1216/1750 - 21.4Mh/s (solo mining ETH)
Max : 1150/1890 - 28.1Mh/s (dual mining ETH and Pasc with dcri 9)

2: Elpida Memory Variant (7 cards average)
Cards with Serial Number beginning with A1643XXXXX have Elpida memory, hard to mod, some custom Bios available, perform well
Stock : 1216/1750 - 22.3Mh/s (solo mining ETH)
Max : 1150/1940 - 28.9Mh/s (dual mining ETH and Pasc with dcri 9)

Cards with Serial Number beginning with A1644XXXXX have Samsung memory, easy to mod, perform the best, stable at high clocks

At this point, can you show serial Number for Samsung Memory? Thank you.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
deadsix

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:41:58 PM

Mentioned above already. I would still recommend always checking in GPUz before you begin modding the card.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
defosp

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 07:01:37 PM

I have Micron memory 23xx Mh/s
GPU Clock 1250
Memory Clock 1750
-35mV
Power Limit 0%
Fan: 80%
90w - 100w eth only
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:16:36 AM

Mentioned above already. I would still recommend always checking in GPUz before you begin modding the card.

above we are talking about hynix and elpida...
nothing about samsung memory

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
deadsix

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:41:10 PM

Cards with Serial Number beginning with A1640XXXXX or A1644XXXX have Samsung memory, easy to mod, perform the best, stable at high clocks

How can you miss this?

MikeBuzz

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:22:10 PM

I love my Hynix cards - excellent on both Eth and XMR.

If looking to buy some more RX 470 which are the best at the moment, the Sapphire Nitro+ or the Sapphire ref card, there is about a £20 difference, or is there something better??

these XFX are starting to annoy me, have gone from a stable system to one that now hangs after a few hours or can run for 12hrs then hang, has just flashed all cards back to standard and will see if the issue comes back

MikeBuzz

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:18:58 PM

I love my Hynix cards - excellent on both Eth and XMR.

If looking to buy some more RX 470 which are the best at the moment, the Sapphire Nitro+ or the Sapphire ref card, there is about a £20 difference, or is there something better??

these XFX are starting to annoy me, have gone from a stable system to one that now hangs after a few hours or can run for 12hrs then hang, has just flashed all cards back to standard and will see if the issue comes back

I like the Nitro+ over ref-looking.

Great, have just order 2x Nitro+ 470 8gb 11256-02-20G for a good price

unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:47:42 AM

How can you miss this?

opsssssssss.you are right....
my mistake!!!

sorry

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
eretron

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:04:55 PM

Hello,

does anyone have idea how to determine memory manufacturer running Ubuntu?

Bios have multiple options in drop down menu in PolarisBIOSEditor....

Thanks

pulec777

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 10:07:17 PM

Hi, i have

RX 470 Nitro+ 8GB (samsung) bios mod strap 1625 timing, -96mv, core 1050, mem 2050 = 74w @ 28,4Mh/s ETH

Its very efficient
Signaturan

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 12:59:41 PM

Hi, i have

RX 470 Nitro+ 8GB (samsung) bios mod strap 1625 timing, -96mv, core 1050, mem 2050 = 74w @ 28,4Mh/s ETH

Its very efficient

The actual power from the wall should be more than 100W. Your value is from the GPUZ.
pulec777

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 01:55:20 PM

Hi, i have

Its very efficient

The actual power from the wall should be more than 100W. Your value is from the GPUZ.

hm surprising,  on th wall 296w = 2x 470 8GB + i5-3450 @ 2core/1,6GHz 0,871v

I looked into hwinfo, there are several values. GPU core power, GPU chip power, GPU power in Vram.

So it could be -

GPU chip power GPU + VRM power in

70 + 49 = 119 * 2 = 238 watts Rx

119w per 1 RX 470 ist real?

-----

298-238 = 60 watts mother board + cpu, perhaps even minus 10% efficiency power supply.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: