Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:16:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191643 times)
Bank_sy

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:13:44 PM

BTCD Valuation for the swap

In order to simplify the BTCD to KMD swap, a fixed exchange rate of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC was established, meaning that if you send one BTCD you will receive 0.00532074 BTC worth of Komodo. This exchange rate was determined by adding a 50% bonus to the daily closing price average of August.  The  swapping process will take place after the ICO and detailed information will be posted soon.

what if BTCD goes up in price above 0.0053 BTC?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:14:37 PM

In order to simplify the BTCD to KMD swap, a fixed exchange rate of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC was established, meaning that if you send one BTCD you will receive 0.00532074 BTC worth of Komodo. This exchange rate was determined by adding a 50% bonus to the daily closing price average of August.  The  swapping process will take place after the ICO and detailed information will be posted soon.

If you are a BTCD holder, keep an eye on the BTCD thread. Tomorrow we will post more information there, such as what does this mean for BTCD.

Is BTCD swapped for Komodo eligible for early bird bonuses too?

BTCD will be swapped at the end of the ICO, so it is not eligible for any further bonuses.
WTF. That's messed up.

BTCD holders will benefit from Komodo. The revenue share that was promised won't go over to Komodo holders, but instead BTCD holders will get an asset.

So as a BTCD holder you get both: Komodo coins and a new asset entitled to the revenue share.

The BTCD price has been trading below 0.00532074.

More details tomorrow on the BitcoinDark thread. You can also join our slack channel #btcd

Be happy dear BTCD holders!  Cool

Do I get it right? BTCD holders have 3 options:

1) invest in ICO for the equivilant value of of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC.
2) wait till after the ICO ends to swap to Komodo for an yet to be announced exchange rate.
3) just keep BTCD

kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:14:57 PM

So, credit for owning BTCD and then a swap for new coins as well?
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:17:09 PM

In order to simplify the BTCD to KMD swap, a fixed exchange rate of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC was established, meaning that if you send one BTCD you will receive 0.00532074 BTC worth of Komodo. This exchange rate was determined by adding a 50% bonus to the daily closing price average of August.  The  swapping process will take place after the ICO and detailed information will be posted soon.

Then dont buy.

Just a quick calculation. If i buy now at 400k sats then technically I am getting a 33% bonus by swapping. You have just capped the price of btc to 425k sats

Blockchain technology
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 09:18:21 PM

In order to simplify the BTCD to KMD swap, a fixed exchange rate of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC was established, meaning that if you send one BTCD you will receive 0.00532074 BTC worth of Komodo. This exchange rate was determined by adding a 50% bonus to the daily closing price average of August.  The  swapping process will take place after the ICO and detailed information will be posted soon.

If you are a BTCD holder, keep an eye on the BTCD thread. Tomorrow we will post more information there, such as what does this mean for BTCD.

Is BTCD swapped for Komodo eligible for early bird bonuses too?

BTCD will be swapped at the end of the ICO, so it is not eligible for any further bonuses.
WTF. That's messed up.

BTCD holders will benefit from Komodo. The revenue share that was promised won't go over to Komodo holders, but instead BTCD holders will get an asset.

So as a BTCD holder you get both: Komodo coins and a new asset entitled to the revenue share.

The BTCD price has been trading below 0.00532074.

More details tomorrow on the BitcoinDark thread. You can also join our slack channel #btcd

Be happy dear BTCD holders!  Cool

Do I get it right? BTCD holders have 3 options:

1) invest in ICO for the equivilant value of of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC.
2) wait till after the ICO ends to swap to Komodo for an yet to be announced exchange rate.
3) just keep BTCD

You cannot swap for Komodo until the snapshot has been made.

First there is the snapshot -> you get a new asset
after you can swap your BTCD to Komodo (you have one year to do this) -> you get Komodo coins

You get both, and you should absolutely swap, there is nothing to lose

Hope this is clear now for everyone!

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:19:47 PM

Suggestion

The btcd price went to 580k sats so its unfair on anyone who bought between swap Price and highest price.

Instead of average you should take the highest price so you are not technically betraying any btcd investors.

Blockchain technology
BigCat45

Activity: 441

Bigboss

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:21:03 PM

Then dont buy.

Just a quick calculation. If i buy now at 400k sats then technically I am getting a 33% bonus by swapping. You have just capped the price of btc to 425k sats
Exactly, with 0.00532074 - 25% bounus = 0.004
Current market price.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1109

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 09:21:13 PM

this part i dont understand

The nodes will generate transaction fees while processing them through bitcoin network. At least this is what I understood. And I'm right, this is really an interesting idea and should definetly entertain it.

We are once again in a period of searching and creating the most anonymous coin. This could be the one. However the required funds to run this operation should be too much and I guess you won't be able to achiev it if you can't at least collect a minimum number.

Anyway, always appericiate the new ideas. I might hop in with my friends on day one if you guys keep up your professionalsim until the start of the ICO.

Good luck.
Thank you for being the first to notice the significance of dPoW
It combines the best aspects of the currently known consensus methods.

PoS for energy efficiency
elected nodes that represent the stakeholders to ensure timely blocks (and also they will automatically stake for all addresses)
and bitcoin PoW for the strongest security possible

the "d" is for delayed. You dont benefit from the bitcoin protection until the corresponding blockhash is notarized and on the bitcoin blockchain. Plus there is alignment delays between the two chains. And expensive txfees will need to be paid for the bitcoin notary tx, they are like supersized multisig tx

In the meantime, a time tested NXT style PoS algo is used by a set of notaries that were elected using a bitshares style voting.

So you can see that I am open to all the best tech ideas across all of crypto.

All of this to secure the best privacy tech known to mankind: zcash zero knowledge proofs

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:21:51 PM

Suggestion

The btcd price went to 580k sats so its unfair on anyone who bought between swap Price and highest price.

Instead of average you should take the highest price so you are not technically betraying any btcd investors.
This guy gets it.

Both posts were spot on.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 09:24:10 PM

so the snapshot is as of august 31st?
right after ICO closes,likely mid november

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 09:24:41 PM

So only btcd swappers are elegible for all the promised supernet revenues?
btcd holders at the end of the ICO

MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:25:09 PM

What is the situation for BTCD holders? How is this not abandonment?

I was wondering the same thing, is this essentially replacing it? Plus, out of interest how many ICOs has jl777 launched over the years?
this is actually my first coin ANN

I did do SuperNET 2 years ago along with NXT assets, but over the last year I havent even issued any assets that I can think of.

Are you part of the WAVES project?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.msg14102621#msg14102621

Interesting...
Might need to contact 99designs.com and transition from that Microsoft Word logo to something a little more sexy though Wink
Who are the NXT developers involved in WAVES?
Hm  I find it sexy enough Smiley
devs involved: JL777, Kushti.  I'm the project leader, Coinomat at NXTforum.

█████████████████████
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 09:27:08 PM

What is the situation for BTCD holders? How is this not abandonment?

I was wondering the same thing, is this essentially replacing it? Plus, out of interest how many ICOs has jl777 launched over the years?
this is actually my first coin ANN

I did do SuperNET 2 years ago along with NXT assets, but over the last year I havent even issued any assets that I can think of.

Are you part of the WAVES project?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.msg14102621#msg14102621

Interesting...
Might need to contact 99designs.com and transition from that Microsoft Word logo to something a little more sexy though Wink
Who are the NXT developers involved in WAVES?
Hm  I find it sexy enough Smiley
devs involved: JL777, Kushti.  I'm the project leader, Coinomat at NXTforum.
Advisor to an ICO is a lot different than conducting one
I have helped on countless projects, mostly behind the scenes

VultureFund

Activity: 366

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:33:10 PM

Just one sincere thing James:

I understand that you cannot value BTCD at X10 of current prices for the ico, but the value of 0.0053 seems to me too low. Lots of people have trust in you all this time, buying lots of BTCD upper that level, and I think they deserve a bigger reward from you.

I'm not telling to value BTCD at X10, but the current valuation is too low.

Always remember the ones who have been loyal and benefit them, that's a key rule in finance man...
Thefrolly

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:35:33 PM

I understand that you cannot value BTCD at X10 of current prices for the ico, but the value of 0.0053 seems to me too low. Lots of people have trust in you all this time, buying lots of BTCD upper that level, and I think they deserve a bigger reward from you.

Always remember the ones who have been loyal and benefit them, that's a key rule in finance man...

but why would anyone invest in btc than?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:36:52 PM

Have been kicked out of the slack after holding this coin for 2 years b/c I stated this was a money grab and scammy behaviour. Well done James
VultureFund

Activity: 366

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:40:28 PM

If you value BTCD at 0.01 you'll get almost the same BTC's and you'll have most of BTCD holders much more happy than they're now.

Myself, I was planning a BTCD at 20-30 M $ valuation in a year with iguana coming, but this changes everything...

Don't know what to say man... broken plans... Huh
BigCat45

Activity: 441

Bigboss

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:47:01 PM

If you value BTCD at 0.01 you'll get almost the same BTC's and you'll have most of BTCD holders much more happy than they're now.

Myself, I was planning a BTCD at 20-30 M $ valuation in a year with iguana coming, but this changes everything...

That's the thing. We have all being waiting for iguana which was so close, I have invested some funds way above 0.004 hoping that when your job is finally done it would be worth much more. So what do I get now? Looks like I should have staid off. Not complaining, your projects always returned me some cash, but to promise something for months and then when almost everything is ready to say we will only buy it at the current price, no more then that,  .....
kryptopojken

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:50:39 PM

That's the thing. We have all being waiting for iguana which was so close, I have invested some funds way above 0.004 hoping that when your job is finally done it would be worth much more. So what do I get now? Looks like I should have staid off. Not complaining, your projects always returned me some cash, but to promise something for months and then when almost everything is ready to say we will only buy it at the current price, no more then that,  .....

completely agree with this
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:02:55 PM

Time for BTCDC
(Bitcoindark Classic)

Fuck it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: