Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:14:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191643 times)
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1109

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:16:38 PM

Komodo continues the path BTCD was on: anonymity. The price of BTCD was determinated by the average price in August, so no info were spread. Otherwise the price could have been artificially rised to make them worth more.

Not too bright, are you?

Insider trading at its finest, folks
please show the prior months price action that shows a somewhat regular up and down cycle.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:19:35 PM

Komodo continues the path BTCD was on: anonymity. The price of BTCD was determinated by the average price in August, so no info were spread. Otherwise the price could have been artificially rised to make them worth more.

Not too bright, are you?

Insider trading at its finest, folks

The whole BTCD community was expecting an announcement, which of course drove the price up.

The actual Komodo team was put in place in the last second, when the price was around where it currently is.

Some of the people are unhappy that the price of BTCD was so low, while some will - I'm sure - say that the price of BTCD is too big. We believe this to be fair swap rate, from the perspective of both parties.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:19:45 PM

I have a lot of respect for James, he's brilliant, level headed and has some amazing ideas. He's done a lot of this on his own. Coding can be a very lonely existence...but again this is an investment that people are looking at based on past releases.

I think it was a bad move to start yet another ICO based on the current climate of scams, wasted ICO's and over promises. This is not James fault as it is what is currently a sea of scammy ICO's and failed promises.

With amount of money raised close to 6000 BTC just for the Supernet, I'm kinda disappointed that we still don't have a full release. Iguana is still months away from showing us anything working.

James I'm sorry, I wish you luck...I really do. But you won't be getting any Bitcoin from me this time, I will be waiting for my initial investments in you to see the light of day first.

Peace

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:25:23 PM

CryptoCard
Teleport
Telepathy
InstantDEX
PAX
Pangea
NeoDice
Jay
Crypto777
Skynet
NXTPrivacy
SuperNET
A few corrections to your mostly incorrect assertion:

CryptoCard is completed, coinomat issued debit cards

Teleport - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset
Telepathy - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset
PAX - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset

Pangea
Neodice
Jay
SkyNET
above are all other dev's projects that SuperNET invested in and gave out dividends in. After it was given as a dividend it started trading in the open market. Please tell me where in this picture SuperNET or I am making an ICO to collect lots of money?

NXTprivacy was done as above, ie free dividend and after market trading by the people who received the assets.

which leaves InstantDEX, crypto777 and SuperNET
InstantDEX had private investors and then like the above assets was dividended out to SuperNET asset holders.

SuperNET, we know that its NAV is mostly preserved over the years as the technology has been developed: supernet.org/nav.php

So, it seems my crime is having given out many free asset dividends to people? Or is it that you just assume for each of the various technology components that I must have done some big scale ICO, collected the funds without doing anything?

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:27:39 PM

I have a lot of respect for James, he's brilliant, level headed and has some amazing ideas. He's done a lot of this on his own. Coding can be a very lonely existence...but again this is an investment that people are looking at based on past releases.

I think it was a bad move to start yet another ICO based on the current climate of scams, wasted ICO's and over promises. This is not James fault as it is what is currently a sea of scammy ICO's and failed promises.

With amount of money raised close to 6000 BTC just for the Supernet, I'm kinda disappointed that we still don't have a full release. Iguana is still months away from showing us anything working.

James I'm sorry, I wish you luck...I really do. But you won't be getting any Bitcoin from me this time, I will be waiting for my initial investments in you to see the light of day first.

Peace

You might have forgotten that the SuperNET funds were not spent, but rather are being invested to produce gains and operations funded from this. This necessarily slows things down a bit.

Also why do you say iguana is months away from showing anything working? Do you know something I dont?

pvnamk19

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:32:06 PM

HODL, HODL, HODL!I suspect that when his alliance dumped most coins, he dilutes 200x to raise more money again.
Jl777 is doing  many very long term projects and all profits will pour into your ... ILLUSION.
Show your codes with other devs who can understand potential profits, pay them with SuperNET money and assests, do the rest as promises. Why don't you do this way?
Another cycle will be this: no real product, just git, clone & run because he can't do GUI, do not blame him...
Because NXT devs kicked him out, SuperNET and other assets are nearly homeless.
CryptoCard is dead in silence. Teleport, Telepathy: too longterm ideas that ZCASH makes them obsolute and James wants to depend on that technology to further delay his project if anything happens with Zcash relationship.
InstantDEX will be EasyDEX for a show case after 2 years gambling with SuperNET money and no real product.
After BTCD dilutting, SuperNET and other assets manipulating projects is the next?

By the way, up until now, Jl777's API is like this:

Jl777's commitment is as following:

Poor all BTCD bagholders!

Mgrover

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:34:02 PM

please reserve for indian translation.(hindi)
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:37:56 PM

HODL, HODL, HODL!I suspect that when his alliance dumped most coins, he dilutes 200x to raise more money again.
Jl777 is doing  many very long term projects and all profits will pour into your ... ILLUSION.
Show your codes with other devs who can understand potential profits, pay them with SuperNET money and assests, do the rest as promises. Why don't you do this way?
Another cycle will be this: no real product, just git, clone & run because he can't do GUI, do not blame him...
CryptoCard is dead in silence. Teleport, Telepathy: too longterm ideas that ZCASH makes them obsolute and James wants to depend on that technology to further delay his project if anything happens with Zcash relationship.
InstantDEX will be EasyDEX for a show case after 2 years gambling with SuperNET money and no real product.
After BTCD dilutting, SuperNET and other assets manipulating projects is the next?

I guess you didnt actually look at docs.supernet.org

a large part of it is IDENTICAL to the bitcoin RPC. you know the main crypto that everybody uses. why dont you show that crazy graphic to the bitcoin devs about their RPC?

Also I heard that monero is finally having a GUI now. Does that mean all this time it wasnt real?

You do raise a good point that if zcash is delayed, komodo will necessarily be delayed, but from what I can tell they are making very good and steady progress. Oh, and they dont have a GUI either. does that mean zcash doesnt exist too?

BigCat45

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

Bigboss

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:39:33 PM

Peace

I would have to agree with this. As a current BTCD holder, investing in KMD makes no sense at this point.
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:41:51 PM

Peace

You might have forgotten that the SuperNET funds were not spent, but rather are being invested to produce gains and operations funded from this. This necessarily slows things down a bit.

Also why do you say iguana is months away from showing anything working? Do you know something I dont?

Sorry James, I don't mean to offend. I know funds haven't been spent, funds are being used as asset holdings in various coins...I've been following your projects for years and I've become a bit disillusioned to say the least.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:43:08 PM

ring signatures way better than zcash, just saying. so people, please don't buy  into this ICO as zcash security is backed by NSA. BTCD should have gone the NXT way with Komodo, making snap shots over the period of next 10 weeks.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
CryptoTruth

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:44:20 PM

The reality is this is finally jl777's "Jump the Shark" moment, after an endless string of serial asset and coin creations, Icarus has finally flown to close to the sun.

30k btc to clone zcash? LOL

It was nice knowing you jl777, now we know why you kept yourself anon for years, eventually the game ends, good night sweet Prince.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:47:44 PM

The reality is this is finally jl777's "Jump the Shark" moment, after an endless string of serial asset and coin creations, Icarus has finally flown to close to the sun.

It was nice knowing you jl777, now we know why you kept yourself anon for years, eventually the game ends, good night sweet Prince.

Scammers tend to go by the same name. Remember Josh of Butterfly Labs anyone? Empty promises. Then came Josh of PayCoin --- same name same fate. Jordan Lee of Nubits went by the name JL and now we have James Lee who goes by the name jl777. Jordan Lee scammed his own coin and disappeared. This Komodo scheme is more like an exit ICO (comparable to exit pumps).

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:51:23 PM

Scammers tend to go by the same name. Remember Josh of Butterfly Labs anyone? Empty promises. Then came Josh of PayCoin --- same name same fate. Jordan Lee of Nubits went by the name JL and now we have James Lee who goes by the name jl777. Jordan Lee scammed his own coin and disappeared. This Komodo scheme is more like an exit ICO (comparable to exit pumps).

What happened to Josh of butterfly lab anyway... Didn't see him for quite some time.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 05:12:10 PM

ring signatures way better than zcash, just saying. so people, please don't buy  into this ICO as zcash security is backed by NSA. BTCD should have gone the NXT way with Komodo, making snap shots over the period of next 10 weeks.
you do realize NXT price pumped 4x due to the snapshots. While short term thinking BTCD peoples might applaud that, it only helps the existing whales to do that. Note that I am an existing BTCD whale and I chose not to do a preannounced long term pump snapshot

I guess since you think ring sigs with 3 to 10 signers, usually on the low end is better than zcash, well that is comparing a very small anon set with up to 2^28. Not sure what universe 3 to 10 is better than up to 2^28, i guess the one where size doesnt matter?

where is your proof that zcash is backed by the NSA? people can easily claim cryptonote is backed by the NSA, it did after all have a very strange appearance with a 2 year history when it was still a few months old. So you can go into the zcash forum and prove to them how they are NSA controlled and then plz post your findings here.

thanks

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:13:43 PM

Long time reader, subscriber and hodler here.

James the stuff that comes from your head is amazing. And the direction you wish to take crypto is inspiring.

A couple of due diligence questions though, and please note these are not meant to sound harsh, you have my utmost respect.

1. Has Supernet generated any revenues? (Props to you for keeping the price at near beginning level)
- yes there have been some assets, but those didn't really give any revenues
- the funds supernet has, have been used for trading, have any of those profits been given back to the hodlers?

2. What role will Btcd play in iguana?
-Before it was needed as the grease for iguana transactions? Now what is the grease for iguana, komodo?

3. You said that you will never build on a platform you have no control on (ie: nxt) but is not btc and zcash outof your control
-what happens if btc transaction fees become large
-or btc changes in a way that is disasterous to your project

-or z cash fails to deliver a working product, or zcash delays their launch, or zcash who can read this thread sees you as a competitor and seeks to throw a monkey wrench in your launch somehow.

Thanks
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 05:15:02 PM

komodo is actually my first coin ICO. can you remind me what other coin I even created, ICO or no ICO?

max amount is a max, what other recent ICO had max cap? usually what comes in is less than the maximum. That is because the maximum is the biggest it can be and anything else is less than the maximum.

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 05:31:40 PM

size doesnt matter

Size only matters when you're full grown, baby!

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 05:42:16 PM

Our first Steemit article!

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@komodoplatform/komodo-has-been-born

Enjoy & stop the FUD!  Cool

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:43:17 PM

Jl777's commitment is as following:

Poor all BTCD bagholders!

THIS IS PURE GOLD!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: