Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:53:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
journeym@n

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:47:13 PM

signed message but the bot keeps going back to "please just pay xyz"

edit,
since only the most recent matters, i uninstalled and reinstalled to try again. anyways the bot is not saying anything now.. maybe is offline.

Despite what bot is saying this is verified method of linking through signature:

1. Click bot link and wait for its prompt in BB client.
2. Enter exact BTC address you wish to link, press enter.
3. Enter BB address you wish to link to, press enter. (You can create multiple BB addresses before this step and use them here)
4. Enter signature that you got by signing BB address (3) using BTC address (2). Press enter.

At this point bot will show you a report of all linked addresses for your account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:53:25 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2016, 07:21:20 PM by jasemoney

signed message but the bot keeps going back to "please just pay xyz"

edit,
since only the most recent matters, i uninstalled and reinstalled to try again. anyways the bot is not saying anything now.. maybe is offline.

Despite what bot is saying this is verified method of linking through signature:

1. Click bot link and wait for its prompt in BB client.
2. Enter exact BTC address you wish to link, press enter.
3. Enter BB address you wish to link to, press enter. (You can create multiple BB addresses before this step and use them here)
4. Enter signature that you got by signing BB address (3) using BTC address (2). Press enter.

At this point bot will show you a report of all linked addresses for your account.

seems simple enough, do i copy the entire message and sig or just the sig.

edit, i am going on holidays so i just send the fee to verify the address and sent my coins back to the address. no biggie. looks like it worked

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:21:12 PM

Time frame - "The linking phase will end on December 24 at 23:59:59 UTC, after which we'll do the distribution in proportion to Bitcoin balances in the first block time-stamped after December 25 00:00:00 UTC (Christmas block)."
Zaducis

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:34:06 PM

Time frame - "The linking phase will end on December 24 at 23:59:59 UTC, after which we'll do the distribution in proportion to Bitcoin balances in the first block time-stamped after December 25 00:00:00 UTC (Christmas block)."

Cheesy It is symbolic, can also be called "Santa Claus" block.

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 07:58:30 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2016, 08:21:23 PM by megashira1

Should there be no issues doing the transition via Armory Wallet?

If you can sign a message no.
Actually you could do it with any wallet i think because you have 2 options to do it.

1) send micro transaction per bot instruction from your wallet
2) signing your byteball address with your btc wallet per bot instructions.

You can only be fuc*d if you do not have any BTC and neither your wallet can't sign a message.

I sent from my wallet but says my current balance of this address is 0 BTC because it is a mask address. My BTC's are held in an offline wallet.

EDIT: also signed a message from generated BTC address associated with my wallet and balance still = 0

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:01:55 PM

So, if I understand it right, I have to link my BTC wallet address until 24.12 to be part of the airdrop?

Yes

Well I send 1 bitcoin to the bot adress, for test purpose (i am parano)

my balance is 1 BTC now. So far so good.

can i still send BTC to this adress to increase the balance?

Thx

Make sure that the bitcoin address you send all your balance to is your own!

Yes, you can still increase your linking balance until xmas day.

If I understand correctly you can send your whole balance from Blockchain.info to a receiving address also inside Blockchain.info? Cause I'm hearing there are a few hiccups getting the Seed from Blockchain.info and then proceed to Electrum. I would like to avoid Electrum if I can. This new Blockchain.info is a pain tho.
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 08:11:16 PM

So, if I understand it right, I have to link my BTC wallet address until 24.12 to be part of the airdrop?

Yes

Thx

If I understand correctly you can send your whole balance from Blockchain.info to a receiving address also inside Blockchain.info? Cause I'm hearing there are a few hiccups getting the Seed from Blockchain.info and then proceed to Electrum. I would like to avoid Electrum if I can. This new Blockchain.info is a pain tho.

Electrum is good if you want to link using sign message instead of micro payment. I could not find out how can I sign a message from my blockchain.info wallet. It shows "sign message" menu only for imported addresses.

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:15:04 PM

Yes

Thx

Electrum is good if you want to link using sign message instead of micro payment. I could not find out how can I sign a message from my blockchain.info wallet. It shows "sign message" menu only for imported addresses.

But will the micro payment go from one address inside Blockchain.info (and therefore register all of the combined balances)? I have no idea how Blockchain gathers your balances now but I assume it's not all in one address? Hopefully you can understand what I'm asking.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 09:25:54 PM

if you need escrow (1% fees) i am here and slack Byteball (@yassinnxt)  Cool
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 09:56:28 PM

Yes

Thx

But will the micro payment go from one address inside Blockchain.info (and therefore register all of the combined balances)? I have no idea how Blockchain gathers your balances now but I assume it's not all in one address? Hopefully you can understand what I'm asking.

You have multiple addresses in blockchain.info and you can view them all. If you use micro payment for link your address, you need to send all your BTC to that address. Yes, you can do it in blockchain.info.

megadouble

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:04:41 PM

Can someone please alleviate my concern about the bot. I install the software and then start the bot. I authorise the bot to run software but I have no way of knowing what this bot is actually doing besides linking addresses. What if the bot is gathering information, key-logging, searching for private keys etc. There are obviously some clever people behind this and they are spending quite a few BTC on ads and PR when they give away the Byteballs from free. Signature campaigns, Twitter ads etc. Everyone is very excited because this is something new but nobody seems to ask any questions as to exactly what the bot might be doing or if it's really needed. Why couldn't you just register and link through the wallet, why the need for a bot?

I might be paranoid but the Bot could easily gather private keys from unencrypted Bitcoin wallets and then obviously encourage people to send all their Bitcoins to that address. There are also various forensic techniques that could be used and software like https://gist.github.com/chriswcohen/7e28c95ba7354a986c34 as an example and others.

I do not mean to FUD, I am just surprised that nobody seems to ask any questions about this way of distributing and also the fact that coins are distributed for free but the team are using a lot of money on marketing.

Just a thought...
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:12:57 PM

Can someone please alleviate my concern about the bot. I install the software and then start the bot. I authorise the bot to run software but I have no way of knowing what this bot is actually doing besides linking addresses. What if the bot is gathering information, key-logging, searching for private keys etc. There are obviously some clever people behind this and they are spending quite a few BTC on ads and PR when they give away the Byteballs from free. Signature campaigns, Twitter ads etc. Everyone is very excited because this is something new but nobody seems to ask any questions as to exactly what the bot might be doing or if it's really needed. Why couldn't you just register and link through the wallet, why the need for a bot?

I might be paranoid but the Bot could easily gather private keys from unencrypted Bitcoin wallets and then obviously encourage people to send all their Bitcoins to that address. There are also various forensic techniques that could be used and software like https://gist.github.com/chriswcohen/7e28c95ba7354a986c34 as an example and others.

I do not mean to FUD, I am just surprised that nobody seems to ask any questions about this way of distributing and also the fact that coins are distributed for free but the team are using a lot of money on marketing.

Just a thought...

I have similar concerns. I am thinking about installing byteball on one computer, signing addresses on different comp, then linking back on the first, but...still just thinking about it. Guess I better make up my mind soon.
xeqoRameshAxueamExaqana

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:15:54 PM

after christmast open again or not
distribution byteball coin use linked bitcoin addres

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jeremy grol

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:34:19 PM

Just a thought...

If you have your private key and pass in same pc where you download wallets and get hacked ore key-logge it's your fault.
that coul happen by download any altcoin wallet, ANY(if there are weird stuff inside).

It's like if you have personal information,email acocunt and password on pc and you use that pc for download torrent,free software,cracked software etc etc etc.

megadouble

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 10:39:19 PM

Just a thought...

If you have your private key and pass in same pc where you download wallets and get hacked ore key-logge it's your fault.
that coul happen by download any altcoin wallet, ANY(if there are weird stuff inside).

It's like if you have personal information,email acocunt and password on pc and you use that pc for download torrent,free software,cracked software etc etc etc.

Well, it doesn't make any difference what computer you use if your Bitcoin private key has been compromised. Whoever holds the private can spend your Bitcoin.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:15:45 PM

Everybody who has concerns about downloading unknown software is damn right!

These concerns are valid and you should proceed with due diligence. I recommend to not install any piece of software which you don't trust on your work pc. Install it on an unused computer instead or use a virtual machine (virtual box from oracle is free), then your safe. A check for viruses with virustotal.com is also a good idea.

The Byteball wallet is open source software, so it's integrity can be proven quite simply. The wallet will gain trust over time. The more users download and run this wallet without issues, the more trust it will gain. It must be several hundreds now, a lot of legendary btt members among them, who know the usual altcoin scam. And the real identity of the developer is known and we've already seen his face in a video. IMHO we're pretty safe with this software!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
megadouble

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:30:31 PM

These concerns are valid and you should proceed with due diligence. I recommend to not install any piece of software which you don't trust on your work pc. Install it on an unused computer instead or use a virtual machine (virtual box from oracle is free), then your safe. A check for viruses with virustotal.com is also a good idea.

The Byteball wallet is open source software, so it's integrity can be proven quite simply. The wallet will gain trust over time. The more users download and run this wallet without issues, the more trust it will gain. It must be several hundreds now, a lot of legendary btt members among them, who know the usual altcoin scam. And the real identity of the developer is known and we've already seen his face in a video. IMHO we're pretty safe with this software!

It's not the wallet as such, it's the bot. When you click on the link to the bot you authorise external software to run and this is in addition to the wallet itself.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:40:50 PM

Could someone explain the difference of bytes and blackbytes to me, please? Google did not help me.

Also, does the client still runs on testnet or has mainnet already released?
Sorry, just read that mainnet starts in one day from now on 25th, December 2016
galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:56:22 PM

It's not the wallet as such, it's the bot. When you click on the link to the bot you authorise external software to run and this is in addition to the wallet itself.

yu can use androïd wallet to link yur btc if yu have feer..it is similar pc wallet  Wink
galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 11:58:52 PM

Hello, I have an amateur question! Will the price of Byteball be ourselves that we will define?  Cheesy

obliviously not..this will be market price  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: