Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:59:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:09:47 PM

Besides, byteball will have built in decentralized exchange where most of trade will happen.
First time hearing this, can you elaborate?
tonych mentioned it earlier in this thread, just do your search.
No, he did not.
Indeed he didn't. For the recored, the discussion concerning setting up a decentralized exchange can be found starting from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg16492233#msg16492233 and in the following less than 10 posts.
Ok, he was talking about exchange which can be built on top of black bites.
So next time please do your search and provide us with a proof link, thank you.

Son, you better go give your advises to your mommy. Daddy here don't need them. Ok?

It doesn't really help the community when you post bullshit, little man. Especially when it comes to concerns about exchange denominations and Byteball's ability to be listed. Citing some fictional built-in exchange as an actual solution shows that you really don't know shit. So please stop acting like you do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:22:25 PM

Will there be an asset exchange marketplace (something like Nxt AE and Counterparty) in Byteball?
There is a smart contract example in the white paper on pages 29-30 that can be used to set up a decentralized exchange. Anyone can start from there and build an exchange.  I could do that myself but would rather allow somebody else to be first as I'm not willing to control all important pieces of infrastructure.
This network makes a little sense without practical applications on top of it, like decentralized exchange. You better give some bytes to companies who will build such applications.
Agreed about practical applications, but an exchange is a business, it is supposed to earn money, do you say it needs to be subsidized?
No, Touque asked not about business, but about core feature - built-in Asset Exchange like Nxt or Counterparty have. Its absolutely musthave.

In Byteball, a trustless exchange is not a built-in core feature, but rather an application based on smart contracts as a platform.  That's a technical distinction that doesn't negate the fact that an exchange is important for liquidity of user issued assets.

Yeah,centralized exchange is also important for investors or speculators.Smiley

any exchanges with a market are important, exchanges without marketmaker are difficult. Difference between polo and liqui.io
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:24:28 PM

Will there be an asset exchange marketplace (something like Nxt AE and Counterparty) in Byteball?

There is a smart contract example in the white paper on pages 29-30 that can be used to set up a decentralized exchange.  Anyone can start from there and build an exchange.  I could do that myself but would rather allow somebody else to be first as I'm not willing to control all important pieces of infrastructure.

This network makes a little sense without practical applications on top of it, like decentralized exchange. You better give some bytes to companies who will build such applications.

Agreed about practical applications, but an exchange is a business, it is supposed to earn money, do you say it needs to be subsidized?

It is not subsidizing, it is incentivizing to choose your platform for their business over competitors. Otkat Smiley

even a strong incentive from the community to make the things with exchanges would be great :-)
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 06:28:08 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 09:04:17 PM by yvv

Besides, byteball will have built in decentralized exchange where most of trade will happen.
No, he did not.
Indeed he didn't. For the recored, the discussion concerning setting up a decentralized exchange can be found starting from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg16492233#msg16492233 and in the following less than 10 posts.

Son, you better go give your advises to your mommy. Daddy here don't need them. Ok?

It doesn't really help the community when you post bullshit, little man. Especially when it comes to concerns about exchange denominations and Byteball's ability to be listed. Citing some fictional built-in exchange as an actual solution shows that you really don't know shit. So please stop acting like you do.

Ok, "built in" is not accurate phrase, I am not trying to deny this if you noticed. I did not cite nothing here, don't assign your fantasy to me. You asked me to elaborate about byteball exchange, I answered that there was a discussion earlier, which in fact took place. If you need details, you make your search, I am not going to do this. The discussion was about built on top exchange, not built in, which sounds interesting anyway, because when this will be implemented there will be no need to beg poloniex or other exchanges to include giga/mega etc bytes. This is even better approach than built in exchange, because independent group of devs can code it without messing with byteball core.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:36:05 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 06:51:36 PM by cryptohunter

whats happening with people reporting their wallet address is not the address the transition bot is telling them to move all BTC to?

Where are the detailed video tutorials on the main OP?
Where are the video tutorials on doing it the signed message way rather than micro payment?

The claims procedure does not seem to cater enough for novice users.

There can not be enough effort made to enable all persons entitled to claim to actually claim if wide distribution is important to the project.

clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:06:59 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 09:02:19 PM by clovis A.

Starting now, you can link your Byteball and Bitcoin addresses for the upcoming distribution.

1.  Download and install the wallet for Byteball live network:
Desktop: https://github.com/byteball/byteball/releases
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.byteball.wallet
You will have two Byteball wallets - one for the testnet that you already have, the other for the upcoming live network.

2.  Visit https://byteball.org and click the link to chat with the Transition Bot.  The link will open the new wallet and start a chat.  Follow the instructions of the Transition Bot to prove your Bitcoin balance.

Alright, I completed the first step by downloading and installing the win64 desktop wallet.  In step 2, when I click the link to chat with the Transition Bot, my new wallet opens in chat mode, but no chat is executed with the TB.  I see a blank message window, with no message from TB Sad

Curious if I've done something incorrectly or if TB is not currently on top of his game......

The transition bot needs a kick from time to time  Cheesy

Please be patient, I've already informed Tony to reset it.

Update: Bot restarted, try again  Smiley

Tried again about 12 hours ago and TB was back online.  I'm all set and eagerly awaiting my Christmas bytes/blackbytes! Smiley

Man, just checked the distribution page and there's already been over 3k BTC linked, since I linked last night!  By the time 12/25 reaches us, there's going to be quite a load of BTC represented here.  

The four phase distribution model was such a smart and strategic addendum; the coming months could and should be very interesting indeed! Wink

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
szachta

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:17:27 PM

I open wallet with lite version also i get byteball?
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 10:43:09 PM

No, he did not.

Ok, "built in" is not accurate phrase, I am not trying to deny this if you noticed. I did not cite nothing here, don't assign your fantasy to me. You asked me to elaborate about byteball exchange, I answered that there was a discussion earlier, which in fact took place. If you need details, you make your search, I am not going to do this. The discussion was about built on top exchange, not built in, which sounds interesting anyway, because when this will be implemented there will be no need to beg poloniex or other exchanges to include giga/mega etc bytes. This is even better approach than built in exchange, because independent group of devs can code it without messing with byteball core.

Incidentally, I finished developing our trustless exchange bot a day ago, just when you started this discussion.  How did you know?
It will exchange only internal assets, not a replacement for poloniex etc.

Simplicity is beauty
tortellino

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:57:45 PM

What i didn´t understand till today is link to my BTC address. Installed the livenet, linked my BTC address to the Byteball address and transfered my BTC to the linked BTC address. So far so good. Today i made a small withdraw from this address and suddenly the amount of this address is shown 0 again at the blockchain. I use a ledger hard wallet with changin BTC addresses. So i have to refund my linked BTC address. But can anyone explain why all the BTC i held under this address are gone when i make a small withdraw from this address?

Thanks for your support!

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
hermesesus

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 11:09:33 PM

What i didn´t understand till today is link to my BTC address. Installed the livenet, linked my BTC address to the Byteball address and transfered my BTC to the linked BTC address. So far so good. Today i made a small withdraw from this address and suddenly the amount of this address is shown 0 again at the blockchain. I use a ledger hard wallet with changin BTC addresses. So i have to refund my linked BTC address. But can anyone explain why all the BTC i held under this address are gone when i make a small withdraw from this address?

Thanks for your support!

Every time you spend a part of your coins, the unspent coins are transferred to a change address.
I gave explanations here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg17200476#msg17200476
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 11:22:28 PM

No, he did not.

Incidentally, I finished developing our trustless exchange bot a day ago, just when you started this discussion.  How did you know?

WOW! Good news. This absolutely makes sense that the platform which allows to create custom assets has its own exchange for these assets. And this will definitely attract more people to take part in distribution. Great job!

Equalizer1970

Activity: 623

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:42:59 PM

Hi everybody. Need some help, please.

I installed the Byteball wallet and got some coins from the faucet. But when I tried the link, chat with the Transition Bot, nothing happens. I tried it on firefox, chrome and explorer.

In firefox I get, The address wasn’t understood.

Any suggestions?
Equalizer1970

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:50:44 PM

I installed the Byteball wallet and got some coins from the faucet. But when I tried the link, chat with the Transition Bot, nothing happens. I tried it on firefox, chrome and explorer.

Any suggestions?

I also get this message: Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (byteball) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.
Bannedseller

Activity: 581

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:55:26 PM

Will buy some BTC before 24th.
Loepuenkyou

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 12:14:53 AM

Will buy some BTC before 24th.

if you want get free byteball
use linking bitcoin addres you must linked addres before chrismast
don't late after christmast can not get byteball coin again
journeym@n

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:33:16 AM

Any suggestions?

Are you sure its not a test client?

Second raw is live.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:05:47 AM

Ok, I did the first 5 steps. I created a new address, moved all the coins over to it and then sent from that address and the bot confirmed and now the bot says I have 0 BTC. But I honestly do not understand your instructions on repeating the steps. For instance, lets just call my current confirmed address ABC. So when I go to the blockchain all my coins are resting in address ABC. The bot has received my payment from address ABC, but apparently can't see my balance for some reason.

Can you please go over again what do to from here again? You say "Send back your bitcoins to your linked address" but I don't know what you mean by CHANGE address and linked address. I don't understand what CHANGE and linked mean.

"all my coins are resting in address ABC": that's what the wallet shows you, but in fact your coins are on your change address (you can see that on a blockchain explorer)

"I don't understand what (..) linked mean": the "linked" address = the "new wallet address" from tutorial = the address from which you sent a small amount of btc to the bot address = the address the Bot recorded as your btc address

Got it finally. Thank you.
dfox101

Activity: 551

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:16:10 AM

Please provide some more details? how to use it? what internal assets you meant? Is it blackbyte? I don't see any other internal assets...
Equalizer1970

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:23:59 AM

Any suggestions?

Are you sure its not a test client?

Second raw is live.

Ok. Now I get it. There are two clients. One for Testnet and the other live. Quite confusing that the Testnet .exe has not been taken down.

Thanks. It worked now.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:36:34 AM

Approximately how many wallets have been downloaded?
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: