Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:30:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234012 times)
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:22:58 PM

Contrary to popular opinion, having most of the market cap in the hands of richest people is better than having it in the hands of poor people/speculators. Yes, some of them could just dump all their assets just for fun if they wanted.... but most of the time you don't get rich by doing dumb stuff like that.

There is a point in this, BTC whales were strong enough to h0dl BTC over years, so they are strong enough to h0dl Byteball over years

When let say u joined when btc was 3cents and u bought truck load, today spend 100btc for gbyte is nothing. dumping this to rebuy back after shock is again a way to make more btc. most of them moved away from holding to pumping and dumping.

You can all see this every day on poloniex with shitcoins.

I have to disagree. The richest ones don't go all in and out for tax reasons. Maybe they do have some "play-money" stash to do trading, but that's a way different thing.

Taxation only counts when you cash out your profits. if you juggle between alts and btc u have no tax to pay. In uk capital gain tax applies to btc only when u sell btc for fiat. Now, if you transact in btc only there is no tax to pay.

What country are you in? In most first world countries, swapping a coin to another is a taxable event.

Oh, I supposse you are in UK, well, I am not really sure, but there is a possibility you are wrong. If you are swapping millions in coins you better consult several taxation consultants to make sure you are doing it right. The fines are WAY bigger than any profit you could make.

If you are not swapping millions, most probably you are below the radar and you will never know.

Also, Byteball giveaway rounds are PURE capital gains. You get whatever value those Byteballs have in exchange of NOTHING. You then exchange them for BTC that has a "common established" price and you have not had any capital gain? Don't think so.

Sorry but you wrong.
If you was right all exchanges would be shut already.
Besides let say bitmex, accept only btc but u can trade other pairs to. guess what? u getting paid back in btc. so no exchange occurs for capital gain tax to apply.
And yes, crypto is grey area and most of countries have no clue what they doing.
I wanna see all those whales moving btc from alts back and forth that paying any tax. they just making bag bigger and when time to pay for toys etc they suing smart accountant or they using crypto to shop. thats all.

And so what millions or not u still should pay tax. And what radar u talking about? u can be lucky and turn 1Btc in 100Btc if one of the alts is pumped xxx or even xxxx%. That dosnt mean u going to tax office and paying tax. same with miners. they making btc and only paying tax on them which are sold otc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:29:15 PM

So for this sharedrop and all consecutive drops, what is the payout for holding BTC vs / GBYTE?

1 btc = 0.065Gbyte

If you spend 1 btc now for Gbytes: 5.61 (at 0.175btc rate) u will get  : 5.61*0.2Gbyte = 1.122Gbyte

Now 0.065 gbyte * 0.175BTC = 0.011375 BTC

While 1.122 Gbyte = 0.19635BTC

Hope that helps.

Better to hold Gbytes than link Btc.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:35:56 PM

Contrary to popular opinion, having most of the market cap in the hands of richest people is better than having it in the hands of poor people/speculators. Yes, some of them could just dump all their assets just for fun if they wanted.... but most of the time you don't get rich by doing dumb stuff like that.

There is a point in this, BTC whales were strong enough to h0dl BTC over years, so they are strong enough to h0dl Byteball over years

When let say u joined when btc was 3cents and u bought truck load, today spend 100btc for gbyte is nothing. dumping this to rebuy back after shock is again a way to make more btc. most of them moved away from holding to pumping and dumping.

You can all see this every day on poloniex with shitcoins.

I have to disagree. The richest ones don't go all in and out for tax reasons. Maybe they do have some "play-money" stash to do trading, but that's a way different thing.

Taxation only counts when you cash out your profits. if you juggle between alts and btc u have no tax to pay. In uk capital gain tax applies to btc only when u sell btc for fiat. Now, if you transact in btc only there is no tax to pay.

What country are you in? In most first world countries, swapping a coin to another is a taxable event.

Oh, I supposse you are in UK, well, I am not really sure, but there is a possibility you are wrong. If you are swapping millions in coins you better consult several taxation consultants to make sure you are doing it right. The fines are WAY bigger than any profit you could make.

If you are not swapping millions, most probably you are below the radar and you will never know.

Also, Byteball giveaway rounds are PURE capital gains. You get whatever value those Byteballs have in exchange of NOTHING. You then exchange them for BTC that has a "common established" price and you have not had any capital gain? Don't think so.

Sorry but you wrong.
If you was right all exchanges would be shut already.
Besides let say bitmex, accept only btc but u can trade other pairs to. guess what? u getting paid back in btc. so no exchange occurs for capital gain tax to apply.
And yes, crypto is grey area and most of countries have no clue what they doing.
I wanna see all those whales moving btc from alts back and forth that paying any tax. they just making bag bigger and when time to pay for toys etc they suing smart accountant or they using crypto to shop. thats all.

And so what millions or not u still should pay tax. And what radar u talking about? u can be lucky and turn 1Btc in 100Btc if one of the alts is pumped xxx or even xxxx%. That dosnt mean u going to tax office and paying tax. same with miners. they making btc and only paying tax on them which are sold otc.

I am not so sure I am wrong in what is or isn't a taxable event. What you are describing is current situation in which many taxable events are not in the radar (that¡s the radar i am talking about) of tax office. Yes, I know you can do as you wish right now and most probably not have any tax issues, but that doesn't mean they weren't taxable events.

When we are talking about rich cyrptocurrencies people they are already cashing out some of their gains into fiat, real state, etc.... so they are already on the radar of the tax office and when you are, you better behave perfectly or you risk some HUGE fines/prison.

It's not the responsability of the exchanges to fill your tax forms. It is your responsability to identify any and all taxable events and declare them properly with or without any help of those exchanges.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16635

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 09:03:41 PM

In the Netherlands we don't have a capital gain tax. If you're rich enough, you can choose where to live and taxes don't matter to you.

Meanwhile: 1 GB reached $400!
I can see it go up for a while before full moons, and down a bit after full moons, but what I'm really curious about is what happens when the airdrops stop. I'm hoping there will be enough cool applications by then for Byteball to keep growing, instead of a massive dump.

galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:51:20 AM

Byteball needs to keep a decent capitalization to not be attacked by spamming. By distributing according to richness, you make sure that people can afford to hold the bytes you give them.

are yu stupid or focking crazy..this user will gets 1% of money supply at each rounds and yu tell me thats is focking secure !?

he have 1% of money supply and he will more 2x at each rounds..may be gets 20 or 30 % at ending..what yu want ? centralized bbs ?
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:56:56 AM

Byteball needs to keep a decent capitalization to not be attacked by spamming. By distributing according to richness, you make sure that people can afford to hold the bytes you give them.

are yu stupid or focking crazy..this user will gets 1% of money supply at each rounds and yu tell me thats is focking secure !?

he have 1% of money supply and he will more 2x at each rounds..may be gets 20 or 30 % at ending..what yu want ? centralized bbs ?

WTF? Why the need to be so offensive? WHy don't you just try to make your point or give some rationale without being so mean?

How old are you?

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
gsxrboy

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:00:33 AM

Can't wait someone forks Byteball, the distribution of the coin was \ is a joke.

cryptothinker

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:14:33 AM

As far as I know, dev does not get new stakes at each round. The reserve is fixed at 1%.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
onetwo12

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:20:30 AM

33   Byteball Byteball   $85,336,740   $450.84   189,284 GBYTE *   $360,130   32.06%

byteball start find it's Value!

that's amazing.

i am expecting byteball be the top5 coin in the near future.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
onetwo12

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:21:25 AM

Can't wait someone forks Byteball, the distribution of the coin was \ is a joke.

you have no idea what you are talking about. Wink

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:29:59 AM

hmm..distrib is really uneven..take example on MINEREUM for distrib more equitable..this bank schema of distrib is really disgusting.
I suggest you participate in MINEREUM since you like their distribution scheme and you not participate in BYTEBALL since their distribution scheme is so really disgusting.  Don't let the door slam you in the butt on the way out.

MINEREUM is great deal open and équal and décentralized..all that bbs are not..this project is driven by the greed not the finality.

WTF? Why the need to be so offensive? WHy don't you just try to make your point or give some rationale without being so mean?

How old are you?

oh yeah i'm bad then yu are good and so much reasonable that you compassionate to see whale dominated bbs
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:50:38 AM

33   Byteball Byteball   $85,336,740   $450.84   189,284 GBYTE *   $360,130   32.06%

byteball start find it's Value!

that's amazing.

i am expecting byteball be the top5 coin in the near future.
That's why the OP wanted a Bitcoin-based distribution.  To have a similar user base.

I'm late to the party but I've bought my bytes now.  I'm gonna be HODLing for a good year now, probably.

OP, if I had to read through all this "unfair distribution" and "IOTA clone" crap I would have killed myself by now.  Good job not doing that.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:58:44 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 12:33:30 PM by BurtW

hmm..distrib is really uneven..take example on MINEREUM for distrib more equitable..this bank schema of distrib is really disgusting.
I suggest you participate in MINEREUM since you like their distribution scheme and you not participate in BYTEBALL since their distribution scheme is so really disgusting.  Don't let the door slam you in the butt on the way out.

MINEREUM is great deal open and équal and décentralized..all that bbs are not..this project is driven by the greed not the finality.

How old are you?

oh yeah i'm bad then yu are good and so much reasonable that you compassionate to see whale dominated bbs
Why the hell are you hanging around here then?  If you are so upset by the distribution method then move along.  There are plenty of other alt for you to choose from.  Goodbye and good riddance.      

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:31:26 AM

I love this coin, I really do.

To all these idiots complaining about the distribution method. What are you talking about?Huh Byteballs distribution method and dev fund size are the most reasonable in this space.

Can't believe the level of idiot on this forum.
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:35:08 AM

As far as I know, dev does not get new stakes at each round. The reserve is fixed at 1%.
Confirmed.
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:02:55 AM

with the rising price the trolls are starting to come in. you could read through all this nonsense. or you could just buy byteball and wait for the next distribution next week. then you simply receive 20% of the byteballs you already have without any hassle. don't let the FUDsters and all those envious people confuse you.
jamesclark

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:20:33 AM

Compile windows client, and got this error:

C:\Byteball\byteball>grunt inno64
Running "innosetup_compiler:win64" (innosetup_compiler) task
Error in C:\Byteball\byteball\webkitbuilds\setup-win64.iss: The system cannot find the path specified.
Compile aborted.

Dev, can you please check?
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:38:23 AM

Which is the best way to install the wallet on different devices - different computers and perhaps mobile, sharing the same account?

go add-wallet->multidevice-wallet
You can choose a multidevice-wallet that requires a signature from every devices if you're looking for maximum security, or a multidevice-wallet that requires only one signature from any device if you want an easy wallet for small expenses.

Thanks for the help, but I've tried to do that but the most I could achieve is to pair the devices which now allows me to chat between my laptop and my phone which I couldn't care less. My bytes still appear only on one device.
It's a real shame that in such a nice project there are no instruction on how to use the wallets. You can't even experiment too much with the wallet full of bytes, risking to lose the coins if you make mistakes. Am I the only one having this problem?

Now that your devices are paired, you create the multidevice-wallet and you transfer bytes from your current single-wallet to your multidevice-wallet (a device can have multiple wallets that you select in hamburger menu). Then you bytes will appear on both devices.

Thank you very much! It worked out perfectly! You have been very kind.

Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:49:08 AM

I am not so sure I am wrong in what is or isn't a taxable event. What you are describing is current situation in which many taxable events are not in the radar (that¡s the radar i am talking about) of tax office. Yes, I know you can do as you wish right now and most probably not have any tax issues, but that doesn't mean they weren't taxable events.

When we are talking about rich cyrptocurrencies people they are already cashing out some of their gains into fiat, real state, etc.... so they are already on the radar of the tax office and when you are, you better behave perfectly or you risk some HUGE fines/prison.

It's not the responsability of the exchanges to fill your tax forms. It is your responsability to identify any and all taxable events and declare them properly with or without any help of those exchanges.

Isn't tax only applicable at the point where it is realized into fiat/Gov't money? (give back to Caesar what belongs to Caesar). I think this is why Gov'ts are pooping themselves.  If the most tax efficient way to live is to stay in non-gov't money then transactions will be done that way rather than using fiat wherever possible (think of the dual pricing for goods that could develop where taxing profit isn't applicable Smiley   )  Gov't would do everything in its power, and some things that are not, to prevent this from happening, but they think they should be an authority on such matters where really governing and financial interests should be separate concerns (imho).

If fiat gets sucked into this system and the fiat 'money as debt' shrinks, then it would disappear eventually up its own vent hole.  Voila! End of an Empire and someone else gets the reigns.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:07:04 AM

with the rising price the trolls are starting to come in. you could read through all this nonsense. or you could just buy byteball and wait for the next distribution next week. then you simply receive 20% of the byteballs you already have without any hassle. don't let the FUDsters and all those envious people confuse you.

Better join our slack for all the latest news, trends and developments around Byteball!

https://twitter.com/cryptkeeperbtt/status/869987513519271941

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: