Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:21:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Paypal a scam?  (Read 50516 times)
BoBBaumeister

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:12:12 AM

I only used paypal once. And it led me to getting scammed by the buyer of online game stuff because he claimed i never delivered. Even my screenshot prrof wasnt
accepted so they assisted them in scamming me. Never used paypal again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vincentallstar

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:35:23 AM

I'm using PayPal for several years ago, and i don't have any encountered problem as of now. for me, PayPal is safe and trusted online payment system and it is one of the largest companies in the world. PayPal is having unique security good platform that's why they have a small percentage of losing your money in their company.
Prince786

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:35:32 AM

Paypal is not a scam there are a billion people in the world who's using Paypal to send and received money from it.I am using them for many years and I have not any problem with transferring my money into my bank accounts.It's just that Paypal is too sensitive when it comes to sending and receiving.
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:53:08 AM

I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.
PayPal I think is not a scam site because most hotels airline ticket is already using PayPal as an online payment or booking so you don't have to worry about

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:49:12 AM

I would also recommend that you stay away from Paypal like all the other people on that website is saying. Paypal freezes your funds for 180 days for unknown reasons. You could always exchange your Paypal funds into Bitcoin funds in the Currency exchange board. So, if you don't want somebody disputing their payments to you, or getting your account frozen for 6 months, then go ahead and convert all your Paypal funds into Bitcoin.
freezing funds for 180 days or half a year without concrete explanation is a scam,
what if were talking about millions of dollars here,6 months is enough time to gain another
 millions of dollars.

I may suggest you to turn your funds in this community to make sure your funds will
earn profit than freezing for that long
cepedacharles29

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:53:53 AM

I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.
Well for me, I think this has been going on for ages and won't stop until paypal learns that people are hard pressed to be separated from their money. And limiting access to their money is the major reason that they have so much hate towards them. Because they limit accounts for no reason at all.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:58:38 AM

paypal works a lot of years and how it will be a scam ? a scam comp. max 3-5 month no more work and they only give you a service to sell or to buy something and they have got more bussiness customers and we will use for personal stuffs like buy pay something i think not a scam
Artillery69

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:05:57 AM

paypal is not a scam. yes it is not a perfect service but never a scam, sometimes paypal can hold your money for random reasons, a lot of phishing on paypal with the exact same web display.
babsalt1975

Activity: 526
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:32:47 PM

I believe there have been a lot of phishing and scamming using PayPal and that is why they are very strict. They treat every case with a lot of seriousness because they want to retain their good name in the global market. If they were not strict, then so many could lose their money through PayPal scamming.
francisvien

Activity: 249

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:10:31 AM

At the FTC, we've heard from people stung by scammers spoofing PayPal. The scam generally goes like this: You post a high-value item, like a used car, for sale online. ... Here are some suspicious situations to look for and steps to safe selling online: Scenario One: The buyer claims he can only pay via PayPal.
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:51:44 AM

paypal works a lot of years and how it will be a scam ? a scam comp. max 3-5 month no more work and they only give you a service to sell or to buy something and they have got more bussiness customers and we will use for personal stuffs like buy pay something i think not a scam

It's not really a scam, i use paypal when I ordered in online stores specifically in lazada, as well when I'm booking on hotels so I'm pretry sure that paypal is legit.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:59:08 AM

I am not promoting Paypal because we all know that they have high fees and they are really strict with their compliance, but Paypal is not a scam. People who complains or who do not know why their money is stuck is usually are the people who actually do not read the terms and condition and just click on agree when they sign up. It is important to reads the terms specially if you are dealing with money. Also people do not realize that sometimes it is not actually paypal that is holding up the transaction it is actually the banks. Since Paypal is a worlwide service, they need to comply on each countries laws.

LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:26:04 PM

For me I don't think its a scam. I have paypal account and so far its still doing good. I love using paypal since Im leaving so far from the city. We don't have a big mall here in our place so I usually shop online and im using paypal to pay for my transactions. So i think its not scam.
Theo222

Activity: 449
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:42:36 PM

Paypal is very legit site no one can say it is scam site because this is existing almost 10 year o think they got 80% of the population use this a bank or something like a wallet.
bib24

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:26:10 PM

I don't think paypal is a scam. My husband has been using paypal for his online game payments for years, so far he haven't experience any difficulties and hoping that he will not encounter even in future.

1-DevelopEX

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:19:19 PM

No PayPal is not a scam, find more possible way to contact customer care to further help you whatever problems you are encountering,
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:30:48 PM

No. They have been in the business for a very long time. They are one of the most trusted payment partners of many sites. If there are some things that are not going well, it could be your fault but if not just submit a ticket or report. If they are just a scamsite, they shoud've been gone a long time ago.

Most of people complaining about paypal are people cheating themselves. They create fake accounts with proxies, fake details, unclear verification process used, then once paypal catch them they like to complaint. Often paypal lets you use your fake account, it doesn't mean cheating works, but the fact is while you're able to use your account their system is just monitoring you during a period of time, then after sometime boom. It's like some vcc were able to be used with paypal for verification and others, but then once people abuse it, paypal block the card, then you can see people searching for another vcc that will work.
It's true sometimes their system and their TOS can be unfair, but most of the complaints found online are not clear and not telling the full story. You never find someone complaining about paypal because they cheated.

Completely agree!
I usually laugh on people when they say, "I thought Paypal was credible company but it limited me." which would rather be read as "I was not expecting Paypal to be such watchy and when I was trying to fool it, it limited me."
In 10 out of 10 cases, the mistake is on user end. Paypal is a financial company and it has to be very up-to-mark with its ToS and policy.
I think that is the right reason there somehow they didnt realize it because the only thing they think is to blame paypal for the restrictions that they'd encounter .So the case is all a mans fault they limiting theirselves and when they caught of faking any identity even they have a balance on it .It is written before they register on the site so they must comply with the rules and agreement .
Yes but i personally think that Paypal is not a scam because i have been using it for 10 years and even most of the sites where you can buy something online recommend you to use Paypal to be more secure.
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:09:48 AM

No. They have been in the business for a very long time. They are one of the most trusted payment partners of many sites. If there are some things that are not going well, it could be your fault but if not just submit a ticket or report. If they are just a scamsite, they shoud've been gone a long time ago.

Most of people complaining about paypal are people cheating themselves. They create fake accounts with proxies, fake details, unclear verification process used, then once paypal catch them they like to complaint. Often paypal lets you use your fake account, it doesn't mean cheating works, but the fact is while you're able to use your account their system is just monitoring you during a period of time, then after sometime boom. It's like some vcc were able to be used with paypal for verification and others, but then once people abuse it, paypal block the card, then you can see people searching for another vcc that will work.
It's true sometimes their system and their TOS can be unfair, but most of the complaints found online are not clear and not telling the full story. You never find someone complaining about paypal because they cheated.

Completely agree!
I usually laugh on people when they say, "I thought Paypal was credible company but it limited me." which would rather be read as "I was not expecting Paypal to be such watchy and when I was trying to fool it, it limited me."
In 10 out of 10 cases, the mistake is on user end. Paypal is a financial company and it has to be very up-to-mark with its ToS and policy.
I think that is the right reason there somehow they didnt realize it because the only thing they think is to blame paypal for the restrictions that they'd encounter .So the case is all a mans fault they limiting theirselves and when they caught of faking any identity even they have a balance on it .It is written before they register on the site so they must comply with the rules and agreement .
Yes but i personally think that Paypal is not a scam because i have been using it for 10 years and even most of the sites where you can buy something online recommend you to use Paypal to be more secure.

Me too don't believe that Paypal is a scam because their website is highly secure and encrypted. Well in fact it is even safer than giving your bank account or credit card information. Inorder to protect the security of our account in Paypal we as a consumer must be vigilant specially upon receiving phishing emails, these are one of the biggest threats to your security.
Cryptosymphony

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:19:23 AM

If you had an issued with Paypal, it's better to try to solve it with them, before to call a so big company a "scam"
berungan

Activity: 124

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:21:00 PM

In general PayPal is an electronic payment system that replaces conventional transactions in the form of checks and money transfers. But I do not say paypal is a scam, only paypal is very susceptible to cheating.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: