Bitcoin Forum
December 17, 2017, 02:58:51 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Paypal a scam?  (Read 49405 times)
Sled

Activity: 686

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:55:32 AM

I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.
No! Paypal is not a scam, although I'm a bitcoin lover. It maybe true only that , many of their clients/customer are complaining to their services which giving them a different issues.
yes i also agree with you that we cannot consider paypal as scam, i think still its service is available in most of the countries of the world, although now bitcoin is taking its place but still bitcoin is applicable in most area.
Yeah PayPal is not a scam, this is just a service provider who helps in making business as well other transaction with certain limitations. Mainly this has been used by people who involve into cross border transactions.
Paypal is really a big community and i do not think that paypal scam to people because a lot of people are using paypal and paypal is using for internationally.
Not because paypal have chargebacks it doesn't mean that paypal is scam. You are right that there is a lot of people using paypal as their another type of wallet and most of the people in the internet use paypal. Paypal is one of the biggest company online that having service like bitcoin which is offering digital money but i think paypal and bitcoin is the same and we don't need to do an accusation for any of them because they are both created from some reason.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andrew1337

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:24:29 AM

I don't like Paypal , after you receive 1,800usd in your account , it will be limited and you must to provide a photo from real card identity + some other stuff about you , like invoice of power electricity , to confirm your identity and your location .

warwar

Activity: 546

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:36:55 AM

I would also recommend that you stay away from Paypal like all the other people on that website is saying. Paypal freezes your funds for 180 days for unknown reasons. You could always exchange your Paypal funds into Bitcoin funds in the Currency exchange board. So, if you don't want somebody disputing their payments to you, or getting your account frozen for 6 months, then go ahead and convert all your Paypal funds into Bitcoin.
i have experienced this thing too,my transaction of worth 500$ got freezed due to some reasons.I think it is some sort of system error and some problems about sending the money through a email.All transaction in paypal maybe disputed but there is a way to avoid it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀ ▄▄████  ████▄▄ ▀▀██▄
▄██▀ ▄███████    ███████▄ ▀██▄
██▀ ▄████████▀    ▀████████▄ ▀██
██▀ ██████████      ██████████ ▀██
██▀ ██████████        ██████████ ▀██
▄██                                ██▄
██ ▄                              ▄ ██
██ ███▄                        ▄███ ██
██ ██████▄                  ▄██████ ██
██ ▀████████              ████████▀ ██
▀██ ███████                ███████ ██▀
██▄ █████▀                ▀█████ ▄██
██▄ ████        ▄▄        ████ ▄██
██▄ ▀█      ▄▄████▄▄      █▀ ▄██
██▄    ▄▄██████████▄▄    ▄██▀
▀██▄▄ ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

[    ]
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:58:13 AM

I don't like Paypal , after you receive 1,800usd in your account , it will be limited and you must to provide a photo from real card identity + some other stuff about you , like invoice of power electricity , to confirm your identity and your location .

Really? Maybe it is just for security purposes because your having big amount on transaction and they might get in trouble on that like in banking The bank ask the client what is their source of income so they can estimate on how much money can you produce, so in paypal maybe that is their way too.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▀                   
███████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▀███████
███████  ███ ███ ████  ███████
███████  ███ ▄▄▄▄ ███  ███████
███████  ███ ████ ███  ███████
███████▄  ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀  ▄███████
                   ▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███
...Make Bitcoin Great Again...
◉ PRIVACY   ◉ SCALABILITY   ◉ BIG BLOCK SIZE
   ███
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
██ ███ ██
   ███
① Smart Contracts ③ Lightening Network
② Bigger Block ④  Zero-knowledge proof
   ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
Github
API     
ancafe

Activity: 378

Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:00:07 AM

I do not know that paypal scam. I also do not support paypal, but at this time, PayPal is very used for the purposes for people who do not use bitcoin, and most of them keep the money in paypal, even large ones. so, I think it was a scam paypal not even paypal is the most reliable payment processor.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
Inkdatar

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:27:49 AM

I dont think Paypal is a scam, its just that it has a high charges to users. And, many people already used this Paypal globally. Maybe people think its a scam because they find it difficulty to used the service.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
dmamigo

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:43:56 AM

Really? Maybe it is just for security purposes because your having big amount on transaction and they might get in trouble on that like in banking The bank ask the client what is their source of income so they can estimate on how much money can you produce, so in paypal maybe that is their way too.

It is a security process IMO. In our country whatever Payment we receive, we have to inform them from where I am getting that amount. And if the amount is big, they will ask for proof. I didn't that big amount of $1800 till now at a time, so no experience.

Xester

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:51:33 PM

What you are experiencing right now is just a normal verification method used by any profit related sites for security purposes and compliance to the AML and KYL. But that doesnt mean that  paypal is trouble free because of the very strict system that if somebody reported you without any evidence the paypal will automatically blocks your account and with their poor support system you cannot retrieve your fund back.

VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:02:55 PM

I dont think Paypal is a scam, its just that it has a high charges to users. And, many people already used this Paypal globally. Maybe people think its a scam because they find it difficulty to used the service.
YOu're wrong. paypal is the easiest way for the scammer to scam another person through his charge back feature. that's why  a lot of people are calling it a scam.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:03:09 PM

to me i think there is nothing wrong with paypal, the only problem is paypal is not present in all over the world as it is regional and their service is not available in all over the world. while bitcoin is present through out the world.
Investforprofit

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:14:40 PM

Paypal isnt scam but for me it is really shitty payment processor which gives you so many problems and they are fixnig it so slow or they even not fix it.
Vyki00

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:17:11 AM

Paypal isnt scam but for me it is really shitty payment processor which gives you so many problems and they are fixnig it so slow or they even not fix it.

Yes, I've heard many complaints about this payment system. But I do not often use PayPal, so I did not have problems with it. I prefer to use other payment systems
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:56:44 AM

YOu're wrong. paypal is the easiest way for the scammer to scam another person through his charge back feature. that's why  a lot of people are calling it a scam.

I think that is wrong. Because as long as you can provide a correct proof of transaction to the PayPal then they will not do the reversal of payment. But if you use it against to their terms or which they are not allowing to buy items then you may be in a trouble to get back your money. Since we can't trust people online to send money first so we expect some protection to our money which PayPal is giving to buyers so they are more popular in online payments. If some people are misusing means we can't say Paypal is a scam.

MioTaiHeo

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:56:29 PM

YOu're wrong. paypal is the easiest way for the scammer to scam another person through his charge back feature. that's why  a lot of people are calling it a scam.

I think that is wrong. Because as long as you can provide a correct proof of transaction to the PayPal then they will not do the reversal of payment. But if you use it against to their terms or which they are not allowing to buy items then you may be in a trouble to get back your money. Since we can't trust people online to send money first so we expect some protection to our money which PayPal is giving to buyers so they are more popular in online payments. If some people are misusing means we can't say Paypal is a scam.

I agree with you. Paypal, on the contrary, tries too hard to fight against scammers. And so sometimes you can freeze any account. It just seems to them that you are doing some kind of machinations. Just need to prove that you are working honestly
soros017

Activity: 221

#private #scalable #newalgo

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:01:36 PM

Some crypto enthusiasts will say that any centralized financial institution or service is a scam, but I don't think this is true. Paypal is simply a service that people use because somehow it makes their lives easier. I recognize that they need to improve support though.

...........  FREE DISTRIBUTION TO BTC HOLDERS                                 NEW CONSENSUS ALGORITHM
● Byteball ●.   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..........  REGULATORY COMPLIANT ASSETS                                       UNTRACEABLE PAYMENTS
BitSat

Activity: 420

Presale Starts on 30th of November

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:33:12 PM

Some crypto enthusiasts will say that any centralized financial institution or service is a scam, but I don't think this is true. Paypal is simply a service that people use because somehow it makes their lives easier. I recognize that they need to improve support though.
If you are following all rules and regulations then you can use this without any problem but if you are doing something wrong then you can say its scam because they are very stick about this they are doing very good for long time and can do some more in near future

▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀███▄
   ███▀  ▄▄███████████▄▄  ▀███
  ███  ▄█████████████████▄  ███
 ███  ███▄▄          ▀█████  ███
███  ███████  █████▄▄  █████  ███
███  █████▀▀  ▀▀██████  ████  ███
███  █████      ██████  ████  ███
███  █████▄▄  ▄▄██████  ████  ███
███  ███████  █████▀▀  █████  ███
 ███  ███▀▀          ▄█████  ███
  ███  ▀█████████████████▀  ███
   ███▄  ▀▀███████████▀▀  ▄███
    ▀███▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
DARICO
    █ ██

█  ██
 █  ██
   ██
██
   ██
 █  ██
  █  ██

█ ██

██ █

██  █
  ██  █
   ██
    ██
   ██
  ██  █
 ██  █

██ █
Wowcoin

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:58:11 PM

I would also recommend that you stay away from Paypal like all the other people on that website is saying. Paypal freezes your funds for 180 days for unknown reasons. You could always exchange your Paypal funds into Bitcoin funds in the Currency exchange board. So, if you don't want somebody disputing their payments to you, or getting your account frozen for 6 months, then go ahead and convert all your Paypal funds into Bitcoin.
Yes i think paypal are not safe to use because i experienced that when have transaction in paypal i received the money but in few hours is been disputing so they scam me. The guy send that money block me in facebook so paypal are not good to use.

Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:28:33 PM

No not at all paypal is a legitimate company.Paypal is been running for a long time now and no reason for them to scam people because the company it self is earning big amount like what you expected.Frozen balance happened for a cause always.
Sled

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:42:06 PM

No not at all paypal is a legitimate company.Paypal is been running for a long time now and no reason for them to scam people because the company it self is earning big amount like what you expected.Frozen balance happened for a cause always.
Yes of course paypal is not a scam because if they just started paypal just to scam people then they will not grow like they are what now. Paypal is one of the most big company that offer online service for transferring money and for payment system and without a doubt, paypal is keep growing like bitcoin and they are not both scam.

HEWRA

Activity: 147

>500

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:42:49 PM

I dont use paypal, but it is a legit company, so there is litetally no way to get scammed by them, dont forget about that when you use their services.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.