Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Paypal a scam?  (Read 50516 times)
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:27:49 AM

I dont think Paypal is a scam, its just that it has a high charges to users. And, many people already used this Paypal globally. Maybe people think its a scam because they find it difficulty to used the service.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmamigo

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:43:56 AM

I don't like Paypal , after you receive 1,800usd in your account , it will be limited and you must to provide a photo from real card identity + some other stuff about you , like invoice of power electricity , to confirm your identity and your location .

Really? Maybe it is just for security purposes because your having big amount on transaction and they might get in trouble on that like in banking The bank ask the client what is their source of income so they can estimate on how much money can you produce, so in paypal maybe that is their way too.

It is a security process IMO. In our country whatever Payment we receive, we have to inform them from where I am getting that amount. And if the amount is big, they will ask for proof. I didn't that big amount of $1800 till now at a time, so no experience.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:51:33 PM

I don't like Paypal , after you receive 1,800usd in your account , it will be limited and you must to provide a photo from real card identity + some other stuff about you , like invoice of power electricity , to confirm your identity and your location .

What you are experiencing right now is just a normal verification method used by any profit related sites for security purposes and compliance to the AML and KYL. But that doesnt mean that  paypal is trouble free because of the very strict system that if somebody reported you without any evidence the paypal will automatically blocks your account and with their poor support system you cannot retrieve your fund back.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:02:55 PM

I dont think Paypal is a scam, its just that it has a high charges to users. And, many people already used this Paypal globally. Maybe people think its a scam because they find it difficulty to used the service.
YOu're wrong. paypal is the easiest way for the scammer to scam another person through his charge back feature. that's why  a lot of people are calling it a scam.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:03:09 PM

to me i think there is nothing wrong with paypal, the only problem is paypal is not present in all over the world as it is regional and their service is not available in all over the world. while bitcoin is present through out the world.
Investforprofit

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:14:40 PM

Paypal isnt scam but for me it is really shitty payment processor which gives you so many problems and they are fixnig it so slow or they even not fix it.
Vyki00

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:17:11 AM

Paypal isnt scam but for me it is really shitty payment processor which gives you so many problems and they are fixnig it so slow or they even not fix it.

Yes, I've heard many complaints about this payment system. But I do not often use PayPal, so I did not have problems with it. I prefer to use other payment systems
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:56:44 AM

YOu're wrong. paypal is the easiest way for the scammer to scam another person through his charge back feature. that's why  a lot of people are calling it a scam.

I think that is wrong. Because as long as you can provide a correct proof of transaction to the PayPal then they will not do the reversal of payment. But if you use it against to their terms or which they are not allowing to buy items then you may be in a trouble to get back your money. Since we can't trust people online to send money first so we expect some protection to our money which PayPal is giving to buyers so they are more popular in online payments. If some people are misusing means we can't say Paypal is a scam.
MioTaiHeo

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:56:29 PM

YOu're wrong. paypal is the easiest way for the scammer to scam another person through his charge back feature. that's why  a lot of people are calling it a scam.

I think that is wrong. Because as long as you can provide a correct proof of transaction to the PayPal then they will not do the reversal of payment. But if you use it against to their terms or which they are not allowing to buy items then you may be in a trouble to get back your money. Since we can't trust people online to send money first so we expect some protection to our money which PayPal is giving to buyers so they are more popular in online payments. If some people are misusing means we can't say Paypal is a scam.

I agree with you. Paypal, on the contrary, tries too hard to fight against scammers. And so sometimes you can freeze any account. It just seems to them that you are doing some kind of machinations. Just need to prove that you are working honestly
soros017

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:01:36 PM

Some crypto enthusiasts will say that any centralized financial institution or service is a scam, but I don't think this is true. Paypal is simply a service that people use because somehow it makes their lives easier. I recognize that they need to improve support though.
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:33:12 PM

Some crypto enthusiasts will say that any centralized financial institution or service is a scam, but I don't think this is true. Paypal is simply a service that people use because somehow it makes their lives easier. I recognize that they need to improve support though.
If you are following all rules and regulations then you can use this without any problem but if you are doing something wrong then you can say its scam because they are very stick about this they are doing very good for long time and can do some more in near future
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:58:11 PM

I would also recommend that you stay away from Paypal like all the other people on that website is saying. Paypal freezes your funds for 180 days for unknown reasons. You could always exchange your Paypal funds into Bitcoin funds in the Currency exchange board. So, if you don't want somebody disputing their payments to you, or getting your account frozen for 6 months, then go ahead and convert all your Paypal funds into Bitcoin.
Yes i think paypal are not safe to use because i experienced that when have transaction in paypal i received the money but in few hours is been disputing so they scam me. The guy send that money block me in facebook so paypal are not good to use.
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:28:33 PM

No not at all paypal is a legitimate company.Paypal is been running for a long time now and no reason for them to scam people because the company it self is earning big amount like what you expected.Frozen balance happened for a cause always.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:42:06 PM

No not at all paypal is a legitimate company.Paypal is been running for a long time now and no reason for them to scam people because the company it self is earning big amount like what you expected.Frozen balance happened for a cause always.
Yes of course paypal is not a scam because if they just started paypal just to scam people then they will not grow like they are what now. Paypal is one of the most big company that offer online service for transferring money and for payment system and without a doubt, paypal is keep growing like bitcoin and they are not both scam.
HEWRA

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:42:49 PM

I dont use paypal, but it is a legit company, so there is litetally no way to get scammed by them, dont forget about that when you use their services.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:44:40 PM

Paypal not scam but people use it are they use paypal to scam another person. So they told that paypal scam because people are so bad but i think paypal must do an action about this they can remove the disputing to avoid scamming.
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:33:28 AM

All my transactions with paypal were completed, i just lost some money using them because my account werent verified and i couldnt moove the money from it into payza or any other account. But paypal is legit companie if you have been scammed with their policy that protectes the buyer, its another question, but they are in the market and top payment processor using fiat.
karinaA

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:37:25 PM

All my transactions with paypal were completed, i just lost some money using them because my account werent verified and i couldnt moove the money from it into payza or any other account. But paypal is legit companie if you have been scammed with their policy that protectes the buyer, its another question, but they are in the market and top payment processor using fiat.

Yes, PayPal is a legitimate company. There is no doubt that this is a popular and reliable payment system. I often use the services of this service. I never had a problem with PayPal
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:47:26 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 09:41:54 AM by Fireblade

Yes, PayPal is a legitimate company. There is no doubt that this is a popular and reliable payment system. I often use the services of this service. I never had a problem with PayPal
to me i personally have no idea about paypal, because i never use paypal in my life time and the reason can be that paypal is is totally banned in my country and therefore their service is not available in our country. but still my personal view is that  paypal may not be scam as people are using paypal for years where their service is available, and i do not think that they have found it as scam.
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 11:56:50 PM

paypal is recommended company that allow us to send and receive money and paypal give the proof that they are not a scam. paypal has been make many people satisfied with their service and although the fee is high, there is still many people use paypal to make transactions and its only a few people that give their complain to paypal itself. but all in all, paypal is still a good company.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: