Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:42:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Firo (FIRO) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup  (Read 662369 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
EtherSecAgent

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:22:46 PM

Is anyone aware that there is a "Founders Reward"? This is essentially a premine that amounts to 20% of the coin over the first four years. Things like this need to be in the OP, not the FAQ.

YES!!! That's my biggest issue with this coin... the owner was supposed to get 10% but ending up getting 20% someone on the github brought this up, but the response was the creator would have to ask "investors"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:22:59 PM

Were GPU miners released or something ? Hashrate is now to a huge 1700 kH/s Shocked !

Nope, cloud miners / server farms.  Maybe a private gpu miner or two.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:24:55 PM

Is anyone aware that there is a "Founders Reward"? This is essentially a premine that amounts to 20% of the coin over the first four years. Things like this need to be in the OP, not the FAQ.

YES!!! That's my biggest issue with this coin... the owner was supposed to get 10% but ending up getting 20% someone on the github brought this up, but the response was the creator would have to ask "investors"

"The Founders Reward will be given to early investors, developers, and Zcoin community members. We also have bounties for various tasks, such as Zcoin core development, web development, graphic design, marketing, ect. If you'd like to help out, please email or message us on Slack."

I believe it's initially 20%, then averages out to 10% over the distribution of the coin.  I'm ok with this, as long as they can be transparent about where it's going/ spend it wisely.  Early investors == Roger Ver

We need Btc Jesus to have a nice bag if we want him to make our market Wink
plopzz

Activity: 142
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 08:28:38 PM

I'm quite surprised by the lack of help from the community in setting up a pool.
I contacted the 3 pool owners and received no response.

As i'm coming from open-source community, it's a bit disappointing Wink

Running pool @ https://angrypool.com
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:35:56 PM

"The Founders Reward will be given to early investors, developers, and Zcoin community members. We also have bounties for various tasks, such as Zcoin core development, web development, graphic design, marketing, ect. If you'd like to help out, please email or message us on Slack."

I believe it's initially 20%, then averages out to 10% over the distribution of the coin.  I'm ok with this, as long as they can be transparent about where it's going/ spend it wisely.  Early investors == Roger Ver

We need Btc Jesus to have a nice bag if we want him to make our market Wink

Its 20% for four years though, which is an eternity for any alt.
EuroLine

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:41:46 PM

Probably right hasharate about 150 khashes. Pools shows wrong. U can get actual hashrate via wallet RPC.

Servers been shutted down forever. Working on compensate program.
If need a pool public or private PM me.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:48:24 PM

Damn that dip just got bought hard.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:52:55 PM

Yes quite impressive but I don't see FOMO starting just yet.
Zcash around the corner making people cautious I guess.

YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 11:06:00 PM

Has someone connected his botnet? yesterday I was getting about 2 coins per day, but now I don't get anything at all.
Judge-Dredd

Activity: 517
Merit: 257

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 12:04:24 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2016, 12:32:21 AM by Judge-Dredd

Has someone connected his botnet? yesterday I was getting about 2 coins per day, but now I don't get anything at all.

Sure seems like it. Must be a few botnets or someone not scared to spend money on a ton of VPSs. I've had almost 100 cores slamming this and I'm projected to make something like 1.5 to 2 XZC today...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:25:00 AM

Yes quite impressive but I don't see FOMO starting just yet.
Zcash around the corner making people cautious I guess.

Ver is going to pump this lol, he doesn't put his name on shit that sucks these days.

But you are right... the FOMO hasn't even begun.  Stay tuned Cheesy
Zywiec

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:32:57 AM

ZERO CASH is not the same as ZCASH.

Two different currencies with two another DevTeams.

Kindly reminder.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:05:51 AM

Kindly reminder.

Are you late to the party?  We know. 

Zcash is based on zerocash protocol.
Zcoin is based on zerocoin protocol.

They both have pros and cons.  http://blog.zcoin.tech/zcoin-and-zcash/

Roger Ver is backing both.  They are both legit.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:31:44 AM

I am pretty sure there are GPU miners for this coin but the developer would have to be crazy to release it for free. It would be like throwing money away in the toilet.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:34:52 AM

I am pretty sure there are GPU miners for this coin but the developer would have to be crazy to release it for free. It would be like throwing money away in the toilet.

I know a couple of the top guys are cloud miners (azure/aws/etc...)

You might be right though. 
poptartcat

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:04:48 AM

Kindly reminder.

Are you late to the party?  We know.  

They both have pros and cons.  http://blog.zcoin.tech/zcoin-and-zcash/

Roger Ver is backing both.  They are both legit.

They also both have "founder's rewards" of 20% for the first few years. Incidentally the coin in your signature also has a very significant dev/sponsor subsidy as well. I'm not necessarily against this a matter of course, but it just smells bad imo to launch what is nominally a currency and give 10-20% away to the developer(s) and their sponsors. How can you expect something to achieve real world traction and broad adoption when one guy or groups singlehandedly controls 5 or more % of the entire circulation that will ever exist? Obviously Bitcoin is kind of an exception here...
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:09:05 AM

Kindly reminder.

They also both have "founder's rewards" of 20% for the first few years. Incidentally the coin in your signature also has a very significant dev/sponsor subsidy as well. I'm not necessarily against this a matter of course, but it just smells bad imo to launch what is nominally a currency and give 10-20% away to the developer(s) and their sponsors. How can you expect something to achieve real world traction and broad adoption when one guy or groups singlehandedly controls 5 or more % of the entire circulation that will ever exist? Obviously Bitcoin is kind of an exception here...

I understand what you are saying... but one of the fundamental issues with btc is a lack of funding to pay for development.  You can have a premine, or a block subsidy.  A block subsidy is much more reasonable when used appropriately, because it's paid over time.  Imagine if they had a 10% premine that they had access to...  that's 2million coins!

Devs don't work for free.  They deserve to be paid.  You can't expect a dev to to great work when he can't feed himself / pay his bills.

oslak

Activity: 273

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:40:20 AM

Its 12x more difficult now compared to 4 days ago.
EtherSecAgent

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:50:32 AM

Kindly reminder.

I understand what you are saying... but one of the fundamental issues with btc is a lack of funding to pay for development.  You can have a premine, or a block subsidy.  A block subsidy is much more reasonable when used appropriately, because it's paid over time.  Imagine if they had a 10% premine that they had access to...  that's 2million coins!

Devs don't work for free.  They deserve to be paid.  You can't expect a dev to to great work when he can't feed himself / pay his bills.

I totally agree with you, but they are just taking a higher share from what they originally said they would take, someone pointed this out, and suggested a hardfork, but the case was closed
 http://imgur.com/a/tBsHZ

Im not against zcoin, I've been mining all week Smiley

oslak

Activity: 273

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:11:05 AM

Kindly reminder.

I totally agree with you, but they are just taking a higher share from what they originally said they would take, someone pointed this out, and suggested a hardfork, but the case was closed
 http://imgur.com/a/tBsHZ

Im not against zcoin, I've been mining all week Smiley

I havent seen any reply from the OP or anyone related except one to debunk a post on being a scam coin. The Dev Should have fixed the reindex problem of the wallet and other raised issues by now. Dev are so lazy. This is what is going to kill this coin. We'll of course the dumping of the dev of their founders share.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: