Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Firo (FIRO) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup  (Read 662386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Canananada

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

I really like your deep analyzing problems now happen and your project may change this situation for a better!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theuploader

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:12:47 PM

From a purely technical chart perspective, now is a very good time to buy some coins, PASC looks like it could have bottomed on 8th February, and is now in a potential upwave which could be stronger and higher than the previous high, good luck to everyone!
steg

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:18:36 PM

Great rise. Hoping XZC keeps this trend.
naskel

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 10:59:16 PM

N-Engine Multi Pool Server

ZCoin is added to our pool!

http://pool.n-engine.com

- FREE (donation only)
- Dedicated server (European - US - ASIAN link)
- Fast! (Gigabit link on optical fiber!)
- DDoS protection
- GeoDNS balancing system
- Support 24h/7 (Mail, Troll box, Irc channel)

Payouts are made automatically every 10 minutes for all balances above 0.5, or 0.05 on Sunday.

No more fee, more coin for YOU!

Happy FREE mining !

Main Pool url : http://pool.n-engine.com

You can follow us @Twitter : https://twitter.com/NeCrypto

Support :
On IRC : freenode > #N-Engine
By mail: contact[a.t.]n-engine.com

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░  .:: Free Pool @ http://pool.n-engine.com ::.  ░ << *FREE* AS FREE BEER
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 11:21:32 PM

From a purely technical chart perspective, now is a very good time to buy some coins, PASC looks like it could have bottomed on 8th February, and is now in a potential upwave which could be stronger and higher than the previous high, good luck to everyone!
of course this will reach higher than previous highs. I’m predicting half a billion market cap at least in two years or less.
bitfawkes

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Would you be willing to buy a sealed bonnet car?

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:10:33 AM

Hello ZCOINteam.

I'm happy to announce that your coin has been listed to ItalYiiMP 2.0 for mining,

to get paid in XZC just set c=XZC as password in your configuration.

As an additional service, the explorer is available at the address http://italyiimp.com/explorer

Visit http://italyiimp.com.

Best regards.

Bitfawkes.

Sometimes people who no one imagined could do certain things, those who do things that no one can imagine.
coteng2

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:32:18 AM

XZC has launched a major update this time. With the establishment of znodes, XZC will develop more mature and promising future prospects.
zcoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 985
Merit: 268

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 09:16:03 AM

http://zcoin.io/znodes-specifications-release-founders-rewards-reduction/

We are happy to make two very important announcements, the release of the details of Znodes and a reduction in Founders’ rewards!

Znode Requirements

Znodes allow for incentivized nodes to host a complete version of the blockchain and help to ensure nodes are sufficiently powerful to process and verify computationally intensive Zerocoin transactions. Unlike other coins’ masternodes that process privacy transactions, Znodes are trustless, meaning you don’t have to trust them to keep your anonymity or to hide how your funds were anonymized. This is because the Zerocoin protocol relies on zero knowledge proofs and cryptography to ensure that results can always be independently verified.
We have finalized the specifications required for a Znode so our community and existing/potential investors can prepare themselves:

1000 XZC
A computer or VPS with a fixed IP address
1 GB of RAM
Enough disk space to store the blockchain (25gb is recommended for the moment)

Typically a VPS of this specification costs around USD5 to run a month per node and you can head on to Vultr, Linode, or DigitalOcean to obtain a basic VPS when Znodes are launched.

We are currently testing Znodes on our testnet and are set to launch at the end of November-first week of December 2017. We are working with exchanges and pools to ensure a smooth transition for the hard fork required. We will also give instructions for people to run their own testnet Znodes in the next few days.

Founders’ Rewards Reduction: Giving Back to the Community

Currently, 20% of each block (10 xzc) for the first four years of Zcoin (after which there will be no more rewards) will be given to our seed investors, founder and a bounty wallet to fund the team. This worked out to be a total of 10% of total supply.

This is broken down as follows:
Poramin Insom (Founder and Lead Dev): 2 XZC
Seed Investors: 6 XZC
Team and Bounty Wallet: 2 XZC
Total: 10 XZC

With the launch of Znodes, Poramin Insom, Roger Ver, Tim Lee and the other seed investor have agreed to reduce their rewards by half towards Znode’s share of the block reward and also an increase to the Team and Bounty wallet!

This will allow the team to remain sufficiently funded so that we can invest in hiring more developers and deploy additional marketing. The new Founders’ Rewards after the Znode hard fork will be as follows:

Poramin Insom: 1 XZC
Seed Investors: 3 XZC
Team and Bounty Wallet: 3 XZC
Total: 7 XZC
This means that now the Founders’ Reward has been reduced from 20% of each block to 14% of each block with Poramin and the other seed investors all taking a 50% cut. As before, all Founders’ Rewards will cease after 4 years (of which 1 year has already elapsed).

Economics

Nodes will be allocated 15 XZC per block or 30% of the block reward. The charts below illustrates how the block reward is divided before and after the hard fork, with some estimated return calculations based on 50% or 60% of supply being held in Znodes. The returns are of course dependent on actual take up rate of the Znodes.

Firo: Implementing Lelantustechnology for financial privacy
firo.org
BCT | Telegram | Twitter | Reddit
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:04:53 AM

Does the establishment of znodes affect GPU mining?Or the znodes are independent.

tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:29:30 AM

We are happy to make two very important announcements, the release of the details of Znodes and a reduction in Founders’ rewards!

Znode Requirements

Znodes allow for incentivized nodes to host a complete version of the blockchain and help to ensure nodes are sufficiently powerful to process and verify computationally intensive Zerocoin transactions. Unlike other coins’ masternodes that process privacy transactions, Znodes are trustless, meaning you don’t have to trust them to keep your anonymity or to hide how your funds were anonymized. This is because the Zerocoin protocol relies on zero knowledge proofs and cryptography to ensure that results can always be independently verified.
We have finalized the specifications required for a Znode so our community and existing/potential investors can prepare themselves:

1000 XZC
1 GB of RAM

Typically a VPS of this specification costs around USD5 to run a month per node and you can head on to Vultr, Linode, or DigitalOcean to obtain a basic VPS when Znodes are launched.

We are currently testing Znodes on our testnet and are set to launch at the end of November-first week of December 2017. We are working with exchanges and pools to ensure a smooth transition for the hard fork required. We will also give instructions for people to run their own testnet Znodes in the next few days.

Currently, 20% of each block (10 xzc) for the first four years of Zcoin (after which there will be no more rewards) will be given to our seed investors, founder and a bounty wallet to fund the team. This worked out to be a total of 10% of total supply.

With the launch of Znodes, Poramin Insom, Roger Ver, Tim Lee and the other seed investor have agreed to reduce their rewards by half towards Znode’s share of the block reward and also an increase to the Team and Bounty wallet!

This will allow the team to remain sufficiently funded so that we can invest in hiring more developers and deploy additional marketing. The new Founders’ Rewards after the Znode hard fork will be as follows:

This means that now the Founders’ Reward has been reduced from 20% of each block to 14% of each block with Poramin and the other seed investors all taking a 50% cut. As before, all Founders’ Rewards will cease after 4 years (of which 1 year has already elapsed).

Economics

Nodes will be allocated 15 XZC per block or 30% of the block reward. The charts below illustrates how the block reward is divided before and after the hard fork, with some estimated return calculations based on 50% or 60% of supply being held in Znodes. The returns are of course dependent on actual take up rate of the Znodes.

That is very interesting to know this Znode released soon . I have just read this Znode plan but I have still not yet understood the znode reward . I think that If i have 1000 zcoins for staking how many zcoins may I get ? is it a reward of 15 zcoins for every block then divide this reward to all znodes staking? let me know if I'm wrong.
teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:45:30 AM

Does the establishment of znodes affect GPU mining?
The way I read it, mining tax is increased from 20% to 44% (ouch!), thus making GPU mining less profitable.

I used to think cryptocurrencies were all about decentralization. But with masternodes, we're back to old-time capitalism, where big investors get disproportionately large returns.

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
Karl_Marx

Activity: 173

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:17:13 PM

The way I read it, mining tax is increased from 20% to 44% (ouch!), thus making GPU mining less profitable.

I used to think cryptocurrencies were all about decentralization. But with masternodes, we're back to old-time capitalism, where big investors get disproportionately large returns.

I agree. Founders and Investors are really getting a shitload of XZC every block.
teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 12:49:08 PM

Founders and Investors are really getting a shitload of XZC every block.
I don't mind a moderate founders' tax, if it helps ongoing development and marketing etc.

IMHO, a masternode reward is useful as it provides an incentive to keep up a full node; we need more than just miners to maintain the network. Reward schemes for nodes have been proposed in other coins starting from Bitcoin, and the Bitnodes project already has some kind of a program for that.

Node rewards should be based on uptime and connectivity, as those are what really matters. Investors should spend their money on actual technology for nodes and miners, not arbitrary stakes of money. That way we should get more stable nodes -- the 1000 XZC limit only favours the few, and there's no comparable incentive for others to maintain full nodes.

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:30:02 PM

Znode Requirements

1000 XZC
1 GB of RAM

Economics

Good news, thank you dev.
I think 1000 XZC to make a node is ver few : I was more thinking about 2000 or 2500 XZC, specialy since XZC is very cheap (under 0.005 btc).
Can you explain with more precision (examples) the nodes revenues please ?
kelly19

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:37:48 PM

If that is the case, then there will be a lot less revenue from the same hash mining in the future.
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:56:13 PM

If that is the case, then there will be a lot less revenue from the same hash mining in the future.
No, because XZC price will increase a lot with all the work of the team and the community support.
... and don't forget the decrease of the actual taxes for dev and early supporters.
Mysticus

Activity: 100
Merit: 28

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:11:23 PM

No, because XZC price will increase a lot with all the work of the team and the community support.
... and don't forget the decrease of the actual taxes for dev and early supporters.
And also MTP when it will be ready next year will further improve decentralization by making mining more accessible to everyone.
oup59

Activity: 382
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:24:29 PM

As long as mining yields reasonable profits/ROI I will keep mining XZC as I believe in this coin for future.

P.S.:Also it is a better practice not to get attached any coin Smiley

We r here to stay (aka for profits)
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:44:06 PM

Does anybody know why Cryptopia Zcoin wallet is down for like a week now?
deuce9

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:03:31 PM

So block reward for mining going from 40 down to 28?
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: