Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:53:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 06:07:47 AM

What i feel about bitcoin bank is that it's like gringotts bank. lol. harry potter reference here. But on a serious note, it's a good idea somehow if it is really established but I guess some might get really greedy and be evil like steal their bitcoins, you know.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 07:13:56 AM

What i feel about bitcoin bank is that it's like gringotts bank. lol. harry potter reference here. But on a serious note, it's a good idea somehow if it is really established but I guess some might get really greedy and be evil like steal their bitcoins, you know.

it is not just about trust and them not stealing your bitcoins. there may someday be a 100% trusted place where you can call bitcoin bank and fully trust. it is not making it any good though!
because it is about the fact that a bank is making things centralized again, and this is what we are trying to avoid in bitcoin. as long as you can have your own wallet and become your own bank there is absolutely no need for a bitcoin bank.

Only Bitcoin
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:18:13 PM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

In my opinion, I dont really believe that bitcoin banks are a good idea. The main attribute of bitcoin is that it is decentralized, so creating banks for it would be counterintuitive.

However I do believe that making banks for bitcoin would attract a wider range of consumers to bitcoin that previosly did not want to join

I agree with your second point. Probably having bitcoin banks would improve it's usage and encourage more people to join the revolution. Hopefully this would be the case.

But that is quite risky for all the consumers and as well as the bank itself because they don't have power to control the price flow of bitcoin so if you are going to think about it, bitcoins in bank are some kinda not really their job. Just leave it to those online exchange and let them work for it, and banks are just for fiat, cash and loans.
Any place in which you deposit your money and you no longer have control over it is in a way a bank, even if it does not offer the very same services like banks at the end of the day is a bank

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:06:37 PM

Probably having bitcoin banks would improve it's usage and encourage more people to join the revolution. Hopefully this would be the case.

if bitcoin bank appear the bitcoin will be more get popular and then i hope more people will be start to use bitcoin and then they can be easily use their bitcoin .

Nope. "Bitcoin banks", or just an exchange expanding its service by offering 'bank like' features, will not encourage people to start using their coins, or to jump into Bitcoin. It's a pointless thought. Especially when you consider that people are only interested in a so called Bitcoin bank, because it will allow them to generate interest. It's a financial benefit motive.

And if a so called Bitcoin bank will become reality, it will not even be close to what regular fiat banks are. It will just be a service that has been started up by someone thinking to have found a great and profitable business. The actual importance of this is zero. It's only important in the minds of rookies.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:17:07 PM

bitcoin bank is good because there is many country they can not use bitcoin and they do not about bitcoin if bitcoin bank come in anywhere then bitcoin will be more useful in anywhere for any transaction so bitcoin bank is good for bitcoin.
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:21:46 PM

I do not see much of a difference, but I do not trust banks anyway therefore I prefer to keep all my money myself Wink
Keeping your money by yourself has a greater chance being stolen than inside a bank, even if you put it inside a safe/vault with experienced robbers it won't be any problem with them, also  why not trust banks? They don't still hour money anyway they just decrease its value over time.

In my experience, banks often set huge taxes on a wide range of things starting from "SMS fee" to the horrible fee of international bank transfer. In BTC, I know that I benefit from the fee that I pay because it will be used on executing the transaction and there are no additional fees.
SMS fee? You mean notifications that you can use to confirm that you're really wanting to send money from point A to point B? If so, then some banks do indeed charge you extra for it.

In my case I can only make use of 30 SMS notifications per month. If I want to expand that service, it will cost me €5 per month. Insanely high price of course, but I haven't used that service so far.

International bank transfers are slow and costly, but that's the reason for me to use Bitcoin instead of a bank.

The only negative point is that your transaction may end up losing some value in the meantime as result of the volatile nature of Bitcoin. But you have to accept that risk when sending money in form of Bitcoin.
In my country by sms fee mean when we deposit or withdraw or transfer our money from banks then we get an sms notification and for that sms notification we are charged some fees from our bank account. That is really a bad thing in banking system.
krishna1

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:36:18 PM

no i do not agree with this i belive if banks came into bitcoin then it will slow down the whole system even more + it will ruin the privacy related stuff indirectly. banks have some rules which are not sutable with btc anyway

carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:06:29 PM

I do not see much of a difference, but I do not trust banks anyway therefore I prefer to keep all my money myself Wink
Keeping your money by yourself has a greater chance being stolen than inside a bank, even if you put it inside a safe/vault with experienced robbers it won't be any problem with them, also  why not trust banks? They don't still hour money anyway they just decrease its value over time.

In my experience, banks often set huge taxes on a wide range of things starting from "SMS fee" to the horrible fee of international bank transfer. In BTC, I know that I benefit from the fee that I pay because it will be used on executing the transaction and there are no additional fees.
yes that is a fact but i think through this way bitcoin will become more stable.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:33:35 PM

SMS fee? You mean notifications that you can use to confirm that you're really wanting to send money from point A to point B? If so, then some banks do indeed charge you extra for it.

In my case I can only make use of 30 SMS notifications per month. If I want to expand that service, it will cost me €5 per month. Insanely high price of course, but I haven't used that service so far.

International bank transfers are slow and costly, but that's the reason for me to use Bitcoin instead of a bank.

The only negative point is that your transaction may end up losing some value in the meantime as result of the volatile nature of Bitcoin. But you have to accept that risk when sending money in form of Bitcoin.
In my country by sms fee mean when we deposit or withdraw or transfer our money from banks then we get an sms notification and for that sms notification we are charged some fees from our bank account. That is really a bad thing in banking system.
you got to love banks. they will always find a new way to get your money. they like to advertise big how low their prices are and once you are a customer a lot of extra fees appear. i bet we will have to pay an admission fee one day if we want to enter a bank. 

Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 11:27:23 PM

That is a good idea that we have some banks for our bitcoin and we will save them at there it will guarantee that our bitcoins will be secured at these places but keep in mind one thing that the fees of these banks will be much higher for storing and for transactions etc.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 11:54:22 PM

That is a good idea that we have some banks for our bitcoin and we will save them at there it will guarantee that our bitcoins will be secured at these places but keep in mind one thing that the fees of these banks will be much higher for storing and for transactions etc.
But if banks will adopt bitcoin then they will give support to bitcoin and bitcoin will be more trusted all over the world and bitcoin will be a more powerful currency in the world and people will consider it a more reliable currency.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 06:07:14 AM

i am not sure if you get the whole idea of bitcoin. we do not want them to have our money. the only thing they can guarantee you is that they take your money. banks get robbed and hacked and if a bank says it can guarantee me safety i would run as fast as i can. 

carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:29:45 AM

After all, crypto currencies, especially Bitcoin is highly decentralized to have your own bank. Well, we call it hardware wallet. People are using online wallets like coinbase because they're too lazy to have their own hardware wallets. Otherwise, I'm not favourable to centralize the crypto currency. Wink
i think through this way bitcoin is not going to b centralize, it can only give support to bitcoin, as we use online wallet which are not so much secure, by using banks our wallets will become more secure therefore i am in favour of bitcoin banks, which are we expecting in future.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:45:58 AM

I voted yes based on the fact that I want to believe its going to add interest to my balance aside that then there wont be any difference between the online wallets that we have now, and those "bank" that are intending  to come. Also another concern is the security of my funds and who will do the regulation, who will insure the funds incase it was hacked? Who will be responsible among other factors embedded in such decisions.
bit100bit

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:08:28 AM

Absolute not,BTC is supposed to be a decentralised currency .depositing it in a bank will risk your privacy and banks can steal all your BTC
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:12:41 AM

Any place in which you deposit your money and you no longer have control over it is in a way a bank, even if it does not offer the very same services like banks at the end of the day is a bank

That is why the issue here is trust and since there are institutions that offer same services like a bank like the online wallet but of course it does not offers other services like interest rate a etc. People wants freedom from banks with their money where they can spend like actual fiat anytime,anywhere whatever the situation.

Open for Campaigns
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:11:13 AM

Absolute not,BTC is supposed to be a decentralised currency .depositing it in a bank will risk your privacy and banks can steal all your BTC

Well, I also say NO, because bitcoin no need bank, we can hold our bitcoin, and when we hold our bitcoin than automatically its price increasing and we can call that is our profit, So if we deposit our bitcoins into bitcoin bank.
How can they manege it? because both have a same way if we save our bitcoin or bank safe our bitcoin, what the different between each other.
Because we safe our fiat currency into bank because bank give us profit from our amount, but when we already make profit from our bitcoin, So i don't think that we need a bitcoin bank.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 04:52:15 AM

Well, I also say NO, because bitcoin no need bank, we can hold our bitcoin, and when we hold our bitcoin than automatically its price increasing and we can call that is our profit, So if we deposit our bitcoins into bitcoin bank.
How can they manege it? because both have a same way if we save our bitcoin or bank safe our bitcoin, what the different between each other.
Because we safe our fiat currency into bank because bank give us profit from our amount, but when we already make profit from our bitcoin, So i don't think that we need a bitcoin bank.

Yes, not having an institution such as a bank is completely alright for bitcoin because it is decentralised in nature and doesn’t need any support of the institution.
But having a bank would work as a win-win for us because institutions like a bank can bring more focus on this technology and push the bitcoin movement forward. Bank can attract the common man to use bitcoin and thus it will strengthen our community. I am not saying the there should be bank to operate whole bitcoin transactions but for those who can’t use bitcoin at this moment.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 05:14:12 AM

Having own Bitcoin wallets is itself a personal bank which can be used to store, receive or send BTC to any bitcoin user globally, as well as bitcoin is P2p currency based on decentralized platform. So No one control it. If Bank consider to use blockchain technology for better administration then its always welcome but Bitcoin bank with centralized services can make lots of misleads to entire bitcoin network, also can harm to user by privacy control and security issues.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 11:00:03 AM

Having own Bitcoin wallets is itself a personal bank which can be used to store, receive or send BTC to any bitcoin user globally, as well as bitcoin is P2p currency based on decentralized platform. So No one control it. If Bank consider to use blockchain technology for better administration then its always welcome but Bitcoin bank with centralized services can make lots of misleads to entire bitcoin network, also can harm to user by privacy control and security issues.

But what if these banks bring Bitcoin to another level. I mean, what if they can increase the usage of bitcoin to the same degree as fiat money? Will you want a Bitcoin bank?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: