Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:09:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
betohell

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 10:36:43 AM

Those peoople are interested into get some kind of interest on their bitcoins, something we can get with lending at poloniex, besides that i dont see any advantage into let my bitcoin under the control of banks, bitcoin its freedom, if people let the coins into a bank, bitcoin will be useless.
You are right, bitcoin is freedom and we are decentralized while bank are centralized. It's hard to consolidate the two as one should be inferior and I believe we are inferior when it comes to transaction online. We should fight for our freedom as we do not need bank because we can do banking here in the blockchain.

In our world, there's no one controlling us and we can continue to be anonymous as long as we want.

I agree and I do not think that we need a bank because its honestly not needed, the bitcoin is already doing well and why would be need a bank for what if I may ask ??
no need for you does not mean useless for others, it's possible someone is more interested in saving bitcoin them in the bank because they think could benefit from interest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 10:49:43 AM

I think Bitcoin was created to go against these big banks centralisation and it gives power back to the people

That's exactly the case. It's funny how a lot people say that they hate banks because they can't control their money, but when it comes to a Bitcoin bank, which is nothing official or whatever, people think it's a great thing. They can earn interest, it can boost the adoption, etc. All nonsense that only noobs believe in.

why would I need to trust someone with my Bitcoin if I can easily keep it safe by myself in my wallet.

The best thing is, you don't have to trust anyone. Grin It's you that is in control over every aspect of your financial situation, and not a greedy bank that is gambling with your savings on the financial markets. If they gain immensely high profits, you don't get a dime. If they mess up big time, you get to pay the bill. Criminals!!

I can move money to any part of the world in 10 mins once I have access to internet

Actually, you can transfer money to anywhere in the world instantly with Bitcoin. It's just the confirmation time that may take you some time to wait.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 12:15:38 PM

Bitcoin bank will simply mean centralized bitcoin wallet just like coinbase and xapo which we already have and many have faced several limitations and account frozen in past from them. So i don't think bitcoin bank is needed by bitcoin community.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 04:45:47 PM

I think Bitcoin was created to go against these big banks centralisation and it gives power back to the people

That's exactly the case. It's funny how a lot people say that they hate banks because they can't control their money, but when it comes to a Bitcoin bank, which is nothing official or whatever, people think it's a great thing. They can earn interest, it can boost the adoption, etc. All nonsense that only noobs believe in.

why would I need to trust someone with my Bitcoin if I can easily keep it safe by myself in my wallet.

The best thing is, you don't have to trust anyone. Grin It's you that is in control over every aspect of your financial situation, and not a greedy bank that is gambling with your savings on the financial markets. If they gain immensely high profits, you don't get a dime. If they mess up big time, you get to pay the bill. Criminals!!

I can move money to any part of the world in 10 mins once I have access to internet

Actually, you can transfer money to anywhere in the world instantly with Bitcoin. It's just the confirmation time that may take you some time to wait.

I don't see the big problem of being pro-bitcoin and being pro-bitcoin-bank at the same time. Ultimately it's all about freedom and having choices. If you have bitcoin, you are free to kept them yourself. But if you want to not take care of the bitcoin yourself and deposit it in a 3rd party that says will take care of them for you, then let those people have that choice as well. As long as we can be our own bank, who cares if bitcoin banks exist.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 04:55:11 PM

I don't see the big problem of being pro-bitcoin and being pro-bitcoin-bank at the same time. Ultimately it's all about freedom and having choices. If you have bitcoin, you are free to kept them yourself. But if you want to not take care of the bitcoin yourself and deposit it in a 3rd party that says will take care of them for you, then let those people have that choice as well. As long as we can be our own bank, who cares if bitcoin banks exist.
There is a usage for bitcoin banks if they this is release in the future it can be build more trust by people.. you know some people don't know about bitcoin and they dont know how to deposit or withdraw bitcoin so if we have a bank it can help to build trust and to increase the popularity of bitcoin there is no case if bitcoin banks exist..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
SpeedyCapo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:12:35 PM

Those peoople are interested into get some kind of interest on their bitcoins, something we can get with lending at poloniex, besides that i dont see any advantage into let my bitcoin under the control of banks, bitcoin its freedom, if people let the coins into a bank, bitcoin will be useless.
You are right, bitcoin is freedom and we are decentralized while bank are centralized. It's hard to consolidate the two as one should be inferior and I believe we are inferior when it comes to transaction online. We should fight for our freedom as we do not need bank because we can do banking here in the blockchain.

In our world, there's no one controlling us and we can continue to be anonymous as long as we want.

I agree and I do not think that we need a bank because its honestly not needed, the bitcoin is already doing well and why would be need a bank for what if I may ask ??

We indeed do not need one at all, its already going well with the bitcoin and due to that I think its not needed for us..
We just have the wallets and that is already good enough!
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 06:59:40 PM

yes i also agree with you, but to me may be in future we feel the need of bitcoin banks, when the users of bitcoin will increase too much and we also feel the need to have ATM machines in public places and in market so that people can get benefit from it on the spot.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:03:30 PM

yes i also agree with you, but to me may be in future we feel the need of bitcoin banks, when the users of bitcoin will increase too much and we also feel the need to have ATM machines in public places and in market so that people can get benefit from it on the spot.
i am not agree with this statement, i think bitcoin never need any bank as bitcoin wallets are too good for it, as we have a very easy access to bitcoin through our wallets, so that is enough for us and we should not put our self in such complicated activities.
wahyoezz25

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 07:08:00 PM

I do not agree because going to elaborate on the process of withdrawal, and withdrawal would be costly, not to mention the problems in the banking license which requires a perfectly legal identity. so really disagree Smiley
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:24:09 PM

I see some talk about it here, but I do not see any solid ideas in which it could benefit someone.  Bitcoin bank would be good for some people and not for others.  For those who have 1BTC or more in the bank, they could be making an interest rate based on the money they have in savings, but you never know.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀