Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:58:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch [2] countdown!  (Read 141505 times)
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:59:17 AM

Yifu, please make corrections in your support ticket autoresponse letter, there is a stylistic mistake:
"We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created with Ticket ID - ###.
A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response.(usually within 3-4 months, maybe)."
Smiley

Some days ago I canceled one 90 days tickets without response, maybe I should have waited a little more. Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:15:03 AM

How can you guys live with this wait? We lose a monthly salary every day, while they mine with our hardware... This is the only positive point IMO, the network difficulty spike is simply them mining with our batch 2. Its not some other magic asic company...

My only hope is that they will delay batch 3 and the chips deliveries so that us batch 2 customers can have a good roi...

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Bowjob (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:30:14 AM

How can you guys live with this wait? We lose a monthly salary every day, while they mine with our hardware... This is the only positive point IMO, the network difficulty spike is simply them mining with our batch 2. Its not some other magic asic company...

My only hope is that they will delay batch 3 and the chips deliveries so that us batch 2 customers can have a good roi...

Not everything is about money..

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:39:54 AM

So Batch 2 customers paid less than Batch 3 customers, they get their machines earlier and have a lower difficulty to deal with.  And you're worried about Batch 2 customers getting ROI... in fact willing to throw Batch 3 customers onto the train tracks to pick up a penny?  How very noble of you.
Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 09:45:23 AM

Greedy mf.. Wink

COINDER
COINDER
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:46:58 AM

That's correct. The value its in the choice. You didn't ordered from batch 2, why since that it was such an easy win, uh?

Yes, I'm greedy, and I feel offended from the bf thing.

Problems?

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
ailikun

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:49:21 AM

Ok guys, just relax.
Yifu stated, that the trade-ins will be shipped before the 2-nd batch.

So heres the calculations:

1) 2 weeks is given to trade-in customers, so that people can send those fpga back.

2) Somewhere around 26april-5may, trade-in avalons will be shipped.

3) Somewhere around 5may-15may, second batch will be fully shipped.

4) 20may-1june, 3rd batch will be shipped.

it makes sense.

We are all in the same boat, so just relax, if youre gonna ask for 100 times, when will we receive our avalons, you wont receve them faster, you will just waste your nerves.
-------------------------

And remember that bfl customers waited almost 1 year, and still didnt received anything.

Komuto Herovato is definitely the chief engineer of bfl)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 09:50:26 AM

That's correct. The value its in the choice. You didn't ordered from batch 2, why since that it was such an easy win, uh?

Problems?

It's nothing to do with greed and everything to do with initial planning. If you expect a product by a certain time and this product does not arrive in time, then you are in effect losing money - since your plan takes earnings into account. It's not greed, it's simply not wanting to screw a plan sand start over again.

Business plans take time and if you have business partners changing the plan is a royal pia.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:21:18 AM

Problems?

It's nothing to do with greed and everything to do with initial planning. If you expect a product by a certain time and this product does not arrive in time, then you are in effect losing money - since your plan takes earnings into account. It's not greed, it's simply not wanting to screw a plan sand start over again.

Business plans take time and if you have business partners changing the plan is a royal pia.

It's one thing to expect to receive your product in a timely manner.  I feel for those Batch 1 customers who have not received their orders. Similarly I would feel bad for Batch 2 customers who do not get their units before some Batch 3 customers.

But to openly say that he hopes they delay Batch 3... what else other than greed can you call that part of his statement.  I would love sit next to this guy on a plane after crash landing.  He would open the door and say "well, I'm out.  Sucks to be you loser" and run off.

BTC - bringing out the best in people since 2009  Grin
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:27:07 AM

Lol, funny way of putting it.
Delaying batch 3 could be a way to handle this, the same treatment given to batch 1 and 2.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 10:33:24 AM

It's one thing to expect to receive your product in a timely manner.  I feel for those Batch 1 customers who have not received their orders. Similarly I would feel bad for Batch 2 customers who do not get their units before some Batch 3 customers.

But to openly say that he hopes they delay Batch 3... what else other than greed can you call that part of his statement.  I would love sit next to this guy on a plane after crash landing.  He would open the door and say "well, I'm out.  Sucks to be you loser" and run off.

BTC - bringing out the best in people since 2009  Grin

I think maybe you haven't made a plan for your purchase. I hope that there's a delay between batch two and three. Not anything significant, just what was announced, because that what I planned for. If I'm on the tail end of receiving batch 2 and batch 3 starts arriving the next day I'm not going to be able to see the same return as if the batch deliveries had gone as scheduled - difficulty will increase and my earnings ar eless than expected. So I'd prefer deliveries to be on time and the gap between batches to be as initially indicated.

OTOH I knew shipping could be delayed and that batch 2 and 3 could be close together and planned for that too. But I'd rather see the expected earnings than my lower estimate of earnings (or worse, no ROI at all).

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:12:17 AM

Ok guys, just relax.

1) 2 weeks is given to trade-in customers, so that people can send those fpga back.

it makes sense.

We are all in the same boat, so just relax, if youre gonna ask for 100 times, when will we receive our avalons, you wont receve them faster, you will just waste your nerves.

And remember that bfl customers waited almost 1 year, and still didnt received anything.

Damn that sounds depressingly sensible. Sad

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:54:05 AM

BFL is 5 or 6 months late. No idea what orifice you pulled one year out of ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:16:10 PM

Ok guys, just relax.

it makes sense.

If it's real. Avalon delayed again! First they said Batch#2 will be shipped in March. Then it was delayed to Apr-15. Now they delay again?
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:17:27 PM

BFL is 5 or 6 months late. No idea what orifice you pulled one year out of ...

I would say... "his mouth" would be the quickest answer if we were all speaking...
But we are typing...

Yes... people get grouchy when they have to wait.  Bitcoin has the amazing property of putting the statement "time is money" very front and center in people's minds.

I wonder if BFL is going to ship a significant number of 5Gh miners out to their customers before AV B3.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:56:55 PM

Let's hope that from the next week this thread mood changes from "i hate avalon and their delays, i'm losing a shitload of money every other second" to "i love the avalon i just received, i will sleep next to her tonight".
With this very goal in mind, here are some some pics of the environment i'm setting up for these units, i have this ready from weeks but i took the pictures today due to the sale i have in the signature.

https://i.imgur.com/DjJEXlH.jpg (the place)
https://i.imgur.com/YD4ed81h.jpg (switch)
https://i.imgur.com/2bHEIhFh.jpg (3g router)
https://i.imgur.com/rtjJDzVh.jpg (4kW of power)

o_dima

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:43:28 PM

However guys we can see - they doing something with support pages - now they have different colors for tickets that beeing processed and they added the rating on close action. Does that mean - soon? Smiley
monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:41:21 PM

Let's hope that from the next week this thread mood changes from "i hate avalon and their delays, i'm losing a shitload of money every other second" to "i love the avalon i just received, i will sleep next to her tonight".
With this very goal in mind, here are some some pics of the environment i'm setting up for these units, i have this ready from weeks but i took the pictures today due to the sale i have in the signature.

why a switch AND a router? i have been thinking about what i might need to prepare too
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:06:48 PM

why a switch AND a router? i have been thinking about what i might need to prepare too

(((UPS + twin wan router)))

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:18:43 AM

And BFL is shipping. Maybe still one month off from mass shipping, but he still is shipping.

Thank you Avalon for going on holiday instead of shipping batch 2!

We will remember it!

> why a switch AND a router?
The router doesn't have that many ethernet ports.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: