Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:56:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch [2] countdown!  (Read 141505 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 12:43:55 PM

Has anyone who has not had his order listed and opened a new support ticket received any news from Avalon?

Nothing yet. One open ticket for 67 days 4 hrs, and one more recently for 4 days 1 hrs. Still nothing in my
"View Order Page".

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:44:43 PM

And BFL is shipping. Maybe still one month off from mass shipping, but he still is shipping.

Thank you Avalon for going on holiday instead of shipping batch 2!

We will remember it!

> why a switch AND a router?
The router doesn't have that many ethernet ports.

You are so effing greedy that part of me wants batch 2 delayed just to spite you even though I'm part of batch 2 as well. You need to calm down, you will get your units unless you live in the middle of nowhere. It's all about protecting the network. The coins will come in as a bonus.
Yes, its all about protecting the network. What a load of bs.
Greedy? I lost like 100k€ due to their delays and you call me greedy?
What is greedy exactly? Someone that doesn't like to lose a shitload of money? Well, that's me. I HATE to lose money.

We are not talking about bananas here.

You did not lose money.  You never had it.  You may be behind a fantasy schedule that you dreamed up that is not in sync with reality, but that is a different thing.

I try to be respectful and informed.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 03:03:57 PM

And BFL is shipping. Maybe still one month off from mass shipping, but he still is shipping.

We will remember it!

You are so effing greedy that part of me wants batch 2 delayed just to spite you even though I'm part of batch 2 as well. You need to calm down, you will get your units unless you live in the middle of nowhere. It's all about protecting the network. The coins will come in as a bonus.
What is greedy exactly? Someone that doesn't like to lose a shitload of money? Well, that's me. I HATE to lose money.

You did not lose money.  You never had it.  You may be behind a fantasy schedule that you dreamed up that is not in sync with reality, but that is a different thing.

When you planned, what did you expected to earn? Did you actually make a plan? If so, please share.

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:22:56 PM

We will remember it!

When you planned, what did you expected to earn? Did you actually make a plan? If so, please share.

I live in a cold climate with cheap electricity.  I sold shares in my Batch #2 and have recovered the price that I paid.

I did not try to keep exclusive control of a device in order to acquire more money than I need. 

When it arrives I will make it go.  The coin that it generates will be split among the share-holders, and I am one of the share-holders.  I will continue to mine when people from higher cost electricity areas are shut down.  When I am more experienced and difficulty rises, I will offer hosting services for miners.

I would like to make $50,000 from the device.  I would like to make $500,000 from the device.  My day to day plans are to make my essential income some other way.

John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:31:10 PM

ITT:  a couple angry guys counting their chickens before they've hatched.  If it's any consolation, things could be a lot worse.  Your chickens could be deformed and retarded like BFL's customers.

hahaha  Cheesy

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
Bowjob (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:12:49 PM

We will remember it!

This. You never had the damn machines in question, nor you would have been making 100k without those machines in the first place. When you signed up for batch 2, recall that there was no guarantee. You signed up that it could be a scam, and you could lose your money. As long as you make about $2000 from each machine, it's a good investment. Further, bitching to Avalon won't make them ship faster. Perhaps Yifu might delay your machines just to troll you, who knows.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:12:02 PM

This. You never had the damn machines in question, nor you would have been making 100k without those machines in the first place. When you signed up for batch 2, recall that there was no guarantee. You signed up that it could be a scam, and you could lose your money. As long as you make about $2000 from each machine, it's a good investment. Further, bitching to Avalon won't make them ship faster. Perhaps Yifu might delay your machines just to troll you, who knows.

A greedy went fishing one day, and a sign at the bait shop said: All the worms you can ever need, $1.
He said: I'll take two.

pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:14:26 PM

We will remember it!

Exactly.  We all have dreams about what *might be*.  Those dreams don't just hinge on the arrival date of our Avalons.  For many of us, it also hinges on the exchange rate.  It's impossible to have any sort of serious business plan for any of this because at any point, it could fall back to 60 again and possibly stay there.  Also, what's the point of getting angry over a few weeks delay when everyone else is delayed?  I just don't get it.  We all want our Avalons too, but bitching and moaning about it in a forum isn't going to make them arrive any quicker.  And judging from Yifu's post where he threatened someone might not receive their trade-in because he caught them in a lie, all this noise might end up fucking you over.  Patience is quite the virtue in this game.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 11:27:01 PM

We will remember it!

Exactly.  We all have dreams about what *might be*.  Those dreams don't just hinge on the arrival date of our Avalons.  For many of us, it also hinges on the exchange rate.  It's impossible to have any sort of serious business plan for any of this because at any point, it could fall back to 60 again and possibly stay there.  Also, what's the point of getting angry over a few weeks delay when everyone else is delayed?  I just don't get it.  We all want our Avalons too, but bitching and moaning about it in a forum isn't going to make them arrive any quicker.  And judging from Yifu's post where he threatened someone might not receive their trade-in because he caught them in a lie, all this noise might end up fucking you over.  Patience is quite the virtue in this game.

Wow. I don't have "dreams", I have assessments of profitability. You're saying that profitability doesn't hinge on arrival time? And you really think you should be mining?

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:48:42 PM

I think he is saying to stress over the stuff you have control over. 

When you get your Avalon, what the difficulty will be, what the exchange rate will be are not in that set.

Things like your assessment of profitability, preparation and attitude are fortunately in the set. Also, there are others who are in the same boat and have many times over what you have invested.  If you are feeling concerned, think about HorseRider who has 50 batch 3 on order.  I am sure his concerns must be greater, but he hasn't mentioned it.  Maybe it is an eastern philosophy thing us Westerners could learn a thing or two by example.

Just my .0000833 BTC
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 12:10:35 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 12:39:22 AM by organofcorti

I think he is saying to stress over the stuff you have control over.  

When you get your Avalon, what the difficulty will be, what the exchange rate will be are not in that set.

Things like your assessment of profitability, preparation and attitude are fortunately in the set. Also, there are others who are in the same boat and have many times over what you have invested.  If you are feeling concerned, think about HorseRider who has 50 batch 3 on order.  I am sure his concerns must be greater, but he hasn't mentioned it.  Maybe it is an eastern philosophy thing us Westerners could learn a thing or two by example.

Just my .0000833 BTC

Well, that's not quite what I read.

I completely agree there's no point stressing over things you can't change, but implying that the time your ASIC arrives doesn't matter is ridiculous. According to my own estimated timetable things are still going according to plan. But it is rather silly of jspielberg to imply that none of us should have a business plan just because he or she was unable to figure one out.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:33:21 AM

As long as you make about $2000 from each machine, it's a good investment. Further, bitching to Avalon won't make them ship faster. Perhaps Yifu might delay your machines just to troll you, who knows.

No, I'd consider that a complete failure as an investment.  I paid 77 coins per batch 2 machine I ordered.  If I do not earn 77BTC back (per machine) in a reasonable time frame, then it was a losing investment.
Bowjob (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:42:41 AM

As long as you make about $2000 from each machine, it's a good investment. Further, bitching to Avalon won't make them ship faster. Perhaps Yifu might delay your machines just to troll you, who knows.

No, I'd consider that a complete failure as an investment.  I paid 77 coins per batch 2 machine I ordered.  If I do not earn 77BTC back (per machine) in a reasonable time frame, then it was a losing investment.

Heh. I did the smart thing and pegged it to USD. As long as I get it back and then some, I'm golden.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:46:45 AM

Heh. I did the smart thing and pegged it to USD. As long as I get it back and then some, I'm golden.

Define reasonable time frame.
A realistic ROI on investments IRL is 5-10% yearly, at best.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:01:54 AM

Not on BTC mining investments. Due to difficulty increases, if your device doesn't pay for itself in the first year it never will. Probably the first 6 months, TBH. Resale value will be next to nothing.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:23:27 AM

If you want to look at it that way; I bought 100BTC per Avalon I intended to order at 20$/BTC.  The gains I have realized by holding the remaining 23BTC per unit has long paid for any (and all) fiat up-front cost(s).  It doesn't change the fact that I paid 77 BTC per machine and planned for 77BTC+ back as my ROI at a reasonable ROR.  I have enough fiat, I'm in Bitcoin for the BTC.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1846

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:24:33 AM

Not on BTC mining investments. Due to difficulty increases, if your device doesn't pay for itself in the first year it never will. Probably the first 6 months, TBH. Resale value will be next to nothing.
They make good boat anchors on the yacht's you buy with your profits Cheesy

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:29:24 AM

I've been mining since late 2011 and, as always, in the BTC economy if I can't derive a plan for a 'most-likely' ROI of 3 months, and a worst case scenario of 4.5 months, then it is not in my interests to take the opportunity.   This is also exactly why I placed a (Seemingly-low) bid of 35-37 coins for an AM device in the recent auction.  
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:53:12 AM

We will remember it!

Wow. I don't have "dreams", I have assessments of profitability. You're saying that profitability doesn't hinge on arrival time? And you really think you should be mining?

I am mining with house money because I cashed out my initial investment a long time ago.  This is play money for me, icing on the cake.  I feel anyone who is so stressed about their Avalons arriving a little late that they are demanding updates from the owner is a little too emotional about all this.  You are a gambler, not an investor.  Never forget that.  You are 1 DDOS away from your calculated ROI being reduced to peanuts.  Exchange rate is everything, and what you should really be stressing over (if you must).  The level of emotion in here is mindblowing.  Did any of you invest before this, or just gamble?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:32:54 AM

I am mining with house money because I cashed out my initial investment a long time ago.  This is play money for me, icing on the cake.  I feel anyone who is so stressed about their Avalons arriving a little late that they are demanding updates from the owner is a little too emotional about all this.  You are a gambler, not an investor.  Never forget that.  You are 1 DDOS away from your calculated ROI being reduced to peanuts.  Exchange rate is everything, and what you should really be stressing over (if you must).  The level of emotion in here is mindblowing.  Did any of you invest before this, or just gamble?

All investment is a gamble. When I gamble or invest, I like to plan to maximise my retunr. I am emphatically not playing with play money. I'm investing real money.

As I said before, I'm not pissed or emotional or demanding anything from Yifu. Can you point to anything where I appear emotional? The current delivery schedule is well within my planned-for possibilities.

My point is simply:
1. If the delivery is late, it will have a significant impact on my investment, and
2. Many have made an actual investment. For us this is not play money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: