Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:49:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:37:08 AM

Working hardware also needs working software. Don't make the mistake other manufacturers did the first time around and ignore this, trying to do it in house or engaging developers almost after releasing the hardware. Cgminer hashes more of the bitcoin network than any other software and I implore you to engage the developers to get full high quality support and performance for your hardware. Engaging us early with design and protocol decisions and providing hardware to kanoi and myself to develop working software of an appropriate standard is also a guaranteed way of getting people to believe you on these forums.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:45:50 AM

Hashing demonstrations could be faked since all you really had to do was get hold of a few Avalons and hide them somewhere ;P

Id happily preorder if I could come pay for it in person on pickup (hey it's like 2h by train :p) or pay for it at delivery, if you expect deposits for preorders then you will have to provide some impressive proof that your product is real.

I'm hoping you are real, even wishing it! Can't say I'm looking forward paying import tax for my BFL/Avalon orders and having an ASIC company so close to home would be awesome.

What I can say is that we will never be able to convince 100% of the people. We understand that.

If I ship 5 units to 5 forum members and they all say it works. I still don’t believe 100% of the previously burnt users would trust any (personally to them) anonymous forum member.
But sure it might increase our trust and we are looking into it.

A better option for us might be to pay the cost of 5 flights and 5 hotels, to 5 forum members and bring you all over to Stockholm Sweden. Have a look at our devices. You can then pay in person for the device which you would be able to take home with you.

If that’s what we have to pay and that results in 1000 More sales. It is a business case and a PR exercise I will be willing to look more into.

I can say today that we will make public all of the evidence we think is both fair and reasonable. Mass shipment is the best evidence I can think of. That will mean hundreds of people with evidence of working boxes.
I whole heartedly agree that everyone should wait until they are comfortable of buying from an international seller. I say this to everyone. Do not order until you have seen the evidence that makes you content. If waiting until we have items in stock and out in the market is what makes you content. Then register on our site for the 500+ list and simply don’t complete your preorder until you are happy.

Sam

You can count only me for going to Stockholm to verify you have a working unit - deal done? Please confirm publicly.

Also listen to ckolivas.

DarkPunk

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:56:00 AM

Forget the miner, as I have posted on other ASIC threads, I'm far more interested in the chips themselves.  If you ready and willing, I'd be more than happy to buy singles.
Paul Troon

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:02:17 AM

I have one feature request that anyone hoping to dominate the Nordic market should consider - easy integration with a home heating system.  No really - I'm not joking.   Most home heating in Sweden is electric, usually a heat pump or similar.   If I could use the waste heat from my mining device to augment my other (non-mining) electric heat sources, that would be skit bra.  

I don't know the first thing about how integrating with a heating system would be done, but I recall some other threads exist that go more into it.  Integration details will likely be somewhat country specific also.

This might not be a must-ship feature for your first product, but please do put it on your road map and keep it in mind in your cooling system designs.

Bitrated user: paultroon.
eestimees

Activity: 651
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:24:28 AM

I have one feature request that anyone hoping to dominate the Nordic market should consider - easy integration with a home heating system.  No really - I'm not joking.   Most home heating in Sweden is electric, usually a heat pump or similar.   If I could use the waste heat from my mining device to augment my other (non-mining) electric heat sources, that would be skit bra.  

I don't know the first thing about how integrating with a heating system would be done, but I recall some other threads exist that go more into it.  Integration details will likely be somewhat country specific also.

This might not be a must-ship feature for your first product, but please do put it on your road map and keep it in mind in your cooling system designs.

Actually my household is heated like that.. on daytime when we are not home door from mining room is open and heat goes into house, at night we close door (fan noise is too loud to sleep) and open the hatch to addict..

about 6monts ago I integrated btc rig to chimney it almost did it's (other)job to heat the house but noise was just too loud...

I'm too lazy to build a proper heat exhanger as this lazy-guy solution is working like a charm Smiley

eestimees
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:35:55 AM

Nobody who has gone to college as you two have should be making the mistake I've pointed out above, especially one working in the financial field.

May be you need to slow down a bit ? This is an international forum, and English is neither the greatest language of all time, nor the most widely spoken one. Someone having deep knowledge in any field has absolutely nothing to do with English speaking/writing ability.

You are a valuable/respected member, so this sort of response from you is unexpected. Please reconsider.
DarkPunk

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:43:27 AM

Nobody who has gone to college as you two have should be making the mistake I've pointed out above, especially one working in the financial field.

May be you need to slow down a bit ? This is an international forum, and English is neither the greatest language of all time, nor the most widely spoken one. Someone having deep knowledge in any field has absolutely nothing to do with English speaking/writing ability.

You are a valuable/respected member, so this sort of response from you is unexpected. Please reconsider.

Your right, it's not the most spoken, but it is the language used most often in an international business environment.  If the mistakes were simple, I would agree that it's not an issue, but these guys want us to give them large amounts of money for promises.  I believe that is worth at least the employment of a professionally spoken English PR Rep.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:46:21 AM

Your right, it's not the most spoken, but it is the language used most often in an international business environment.  If the mistakes were simple, I would agree that it's not an issue, but these guys want us to give them large amounts of money for promises.  I believe that is worth at least the employment of a professionally spoken English PR Rep.

Hah! I would doubt how many employees of Avalon would be able to speak/write the level of perfect English you would demand. Anyway, I had to say what I had in mind, but no point in arguing.
DarkPunk

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:53:44 AM

Hah! I would doubt how many employees of Avalon would be able to speak/write the level of perfect English you would demand. Anyway, I had to say what I had in mind, but no point in arguing.

I have never spoken directly to an Avalon employee.  I have, however, read many posts by BitSyncom, the founder of Avalon, who speaks English just fine.  KncMiner.com, however, can't even be bothered to have the text on their site combed over by a fluent English speaker, as demonstrated on their product page. Run-on sentences, coma splices, hell, they couldn't even be bothered to capitalize the first word in every sentence.
JimiQ84

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:56:46 AM

I have never spoken directly to an Avalon employee.  I have, however, read many posts by BitSyncom, the founder of Avalon, who speaks English just fine.  KncMiner.com, however, can't even be bothered to have the text on their site combed over by a fluent English speaker, as demonstrated on their product page. Run-on sentences, coma splices, hell, they couldn't even be bothered to capitalize the first word in every sentence.

Gammar nazi caught with your/you're? Seriously? :-)
DarkPunk

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:59:48 AM

Gammar nazi caught with your/you're? Seriously? :-)

So I'm lazy? Agreed.  Guilty as charged; take me away officer ;P
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:00:19 AM

come on guys,don t waste your time on these simple/minor things

there is more to do in the mining stuff ,why are you wasting your time in such nonsense useless stuffs

we are discussing hardware here not language or anyone typo

thanks to trying to be mature guys

dan99

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:02:31 AM

Hashing demonstrations could be faked since all you really had to do was get hold of a few Avalons and hide them somewhere ;P

Id happily preorder if I could come pay for it in person on pickup (hey it's like 2h by train :p) or pay for it at delivery, if you expect deposits for preorders then you will have to provide some impressive proof that your product is real.

I'm hoping you are real, even wishing it! Can't say I'm looking forward paying import tax for my BFL/Avalon orders and having an ASIC company so close to home would be awesome.

What I can say is that we will never be able to convince 100% of the people. We understand that.

If I ship 5 units to 5 forum members and they all say it works. I still don’t believe 100% of the previously burnt users would trust any (personally to them) anonymous forum member.

A better option for us might be to pay the cost of 5 flights and 5 hotels, to 5 forum members and bring you all over to Stockholm Sweden. Have a look at our devices. You can then pay in person for the device which you would be able to take home with you.

If that’s what we have to pay and that results in 1000 More sales. It is a business case and a PR exercise I will be willing to look more into.

I can say today that we will make public all of the evidence we think is both fair and reasonable. Mass shipment is the best evidence I can think of. That will mean hundreds of people with evidence of working boxes.
I whole heartedly agree that everyone should wait until they are comfortable of buying from an international seller. I say this to everyone. Do not order until you have seen the evidence that makes you content. If waiting until we have items in stock and out in the market is what makes you content. Then register on our site for the 500+ list and simply don’t complete your preorder until you are happy.

Sam

Let me save you some money. In this thread several members have stated that they are willing to stop by and purchase in cash or with bitcoins from your facility provided the units are what you say they are. No need one iota to dole out one satoshi to accomplish this task, for they're willing to travel on their own dime.

For somebody claiming to have work in the financial field, I find you making such a statement peculiar.

Also, for somebody claiming to have in the financial field, I find your use of the English language similar to a barely-educated high schooler.

...until they are comfortable of with buying from an international seller.

OK I will take your offer to Stockholm , Sweden to view and collect the ASIC Bitcoin Mining Machine. Let me know when it is ready ...  Smiley
dan99

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:06:16 AM

ya, let me know I will take up your offer to take a flight to Sweden, Stockholm to view and collect the ASIC Miner... Smiley
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:13:58 AM

tl;dr

has this been proven to be a scam yet?
DarkPunk

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:16:13 AM

tl;dr

has this been proven to be a scam yet?

Proven? No.
Highly Likely? Yes.
dan99

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:20:12 AM

I hope they not only accept BC and paypal but also credit cards.. and right now Mr.Kncminer we are really counting on you. At this present moment you would sure get good business because all the others suppliers never follow through with the product claims except of Avalon. Just wish you could be faster than the butterfly that would be great.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:38:58 AM

kncminer maybe answer our questions?

Hi All,

We have been busy which is why you have not heard from us, I will try to answer some quick questions.

First the PayPal vs BTC question.

We will accept both!

Second hardware spec’s

You are all correct we will publish stats on working prototypes with clear and unquestionable evidence (Video/ photograph/youtube/ newspaper reviews/personal checks) that we have working products. We will first publish this to the people who have registered on our site. They and only they (who have registered before publication date) will be given the ability to complete their preorders. Devices will then ship in the weeks after as they are made tested and sent.

For other questions and ones that I have failed to answer form the forum

We have started to add an FAQ to our site. We will build on that with the repeat questions we receive.  If I have not returned a personal response to your question look at our site first If you have a genuine question (we do get quite a few which are very strange) we will do our best to either publish the answer on our FAQ or reply to you directly

Sam

thank you. and i hope you understand the skepticism after so many scams and after BFL failed so hard. as long as you won't accept money without showing hard proof we are fine and i wish you good luck bringing the second public ASIC on the market.

tosku

Activity: 367

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 10:09:36 AM

May I suggest you contact Rick Falkvinge, founder of the Swedish Pirate Party, when you have something to show? He's living in Stockholm, and is a well known figure in parts of the internet community. He has also shown great interest in Bitcoin, and he's a really smart man. If you can convince him you are legitimate, you have also convinced me and (I suspect) many others. I'm not really sure he'd lend his name to vouch for you, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:50:03 AM

Some one is trying to access my online wallet from a swedish IP  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: