Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:41:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Beepbop

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:52:30 AM

If you distrust the re-issued phone number, why don't you just give it a call? If a Chinese restaurant answers the phone, you know the number is fake or incorrect, but if you actually get the kncminer people, you know they at least have the phone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:02:01 PM

Well, this look scammy indeed. Our "Sam Cole" is obviously not from UK, just check his english.

Being a native speaker does not mean you have good grammar/spelling by default ;P
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:07:35 PM

kncminer you could at least give us some tech details. what nm are you using? what fab is making your chips? who is writing the software?

cap1

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:12:38 PM

Just gave their number a call and spoke with Andreas.

Having worked in Sweden a lot Andreas is definitely a Swede and definitely picked up the phone and had a conversation with me Smiley

SO I am pretty happy that these guys are genuinely who they say they are. The proof will be a demo of an ASIC machine. This will be provided as and when they have it. They are not promising anything as of yet and holding back specification until the development is more concrete.

Watch this space I guess!
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:19:05 PM

Maybee they mainly put up the site to show investors the interest/potential of such a product?

If so, I guess they proved their point. Now lets just wait and see if they are going to produce something worth buying.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
cap1

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:21:34 PM

Maybee they mainly put up the site to show investors the interest/potential of such a product?

If so, I guess they proved their point. Now lets just wait and see if they are going to produce something worth buying.

Yeah that is what he said - needs to understand interest like any other business should. Having a list of individuals willing to pay certain amounts for a unit certainly makes financing easy.
elebit

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:26:04 PM

elebit  - have you met them personally yet?

No, I don't even know if they have a visiting address (or indeed, if they even have working prototype to show).

The address on Drottninggatan hasn't got any office with their name on it. I don't know about the addresses in Haninge and Sollentuna that their domain and phones are registered from, but I'm not going to knock on residental doors looking for them.

It they have hardware, let them show it. Just don't send money to random people on the Internet just because they had $100 and the ability to fill in a form to register a company. I hope that part is obvious to everyone.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:28:46 PM

Yeah that is what he said - needs to understand interest like any other business should. Having a list of individuals willing to pay certain amounts for a unit certainly makes financing easy.

Come on, that's a joke. You just need to look at the market for 10 days to realize there is a huge interest. Just take a look at how Avalon's are sold at any price.

You don't need a post saying "we are in the final stage of developing ASIC" to see if there's interest or not. And anyhow, making custom ASIC costs a lot - if they are really developing them, is because they KNOW there is interest.

cap1

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:36:49 PM

Come on, that's a joke. You just need to look at the market for 10 days to realize there is a huge interest. Just take a look at how Avalon's are sold at any price.

You don't need a post saying "we are in the final stage of developing ASIC" to see if there's interest or not. And anyhow, making custom ASIC costs a lot - if they are really developing them, is because they KNOW there is interest.

Yes well obviously they know there is an interest, but if it comes to raising finances then names and numbers is the important thing.

I think the critical piece (for me anyway) is knowing they are who they say they are.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:25:45 PM

Having worked in Sweden a lot Andreas is definitely a Swede and definitely picked up the phone and had a conversation with me Smiley

SO I am pretty happy that these guys are genuinely who they say they are. The proof will be a demo of an ASIC machine. This will be provided as and when they have it. They are not promising anything as of yet and holding back specification until the development is more concrete.

no offense but i don't buy this. you just created this user and you are implying that only after one phone call they are a legit ASIC business? why didn't you asked some technical questions. they should know the fab, the process node and some other stuff. you just spoke with one person on the phone. BFL has offices, has boxes full of fans and they even "shipped" some kind of FPGA shit that they called ASIC, but that doesn't prove anything.

cap1

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:47:58 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 02:06:31 PM by cap1

no offense but i don't buy this. you just created this user and you are implying that only after one phone call they are a legit ASIC business? why didn't you asked some technical questions. they should know the fab, the process node and some other stuff. you just spoke with one person on the phone. BFL has offices, has boxes full of fans and they even "shipped" some kind of FPGA shit that they called ASIC, but that doesn't prove anything.

None taken. I am not in any way suggesting that they can or can't produce anything. Many have been at it longer and probably had more capital to play with and we have seen very little in the way of ASIC machines being produced. If that is due to complexity of production or the fact that there was no point in the end as they had become rich anyway; that is debatable.

Initially I just wanted to validate who they were. Like BFL that doesn't stop someone from just taking your money and stringing you along. It does not validate them other to say they are not some Hungarian outfit. Like I said proof will be when you are stood infront of one and you see its hash rate. I would not pass any money to anyone unless I was going to pick it up and pay the money on seeing it appear on the network.

My initial thought was a blatant scam due to the manner in which the website was built. Now I am going to see how these guys get on and see if they update the forum with technical details in time. They could not give any details yet which we can understand given the empty promises that have happened consistently.

I am just going to wait and see. I would not pay anything upfront but happy to be on the list and take more confort that they are in Europe and not miles away.

I only really registered on the site (usually just read) as I thought it was a scam so wanted to let people know what I had found. Now I don't think it is a scam (would change my view if they asked for money upfront) but it is just a possibility.   I would pay when the product is actually made and I will go and pick it up, but otherwise no money would change hands.

Jam Tomorrow is all it is at the moment

malvino

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:25:59 PM

I still think http://www.advantshop.com http://www.advantshop.net/saas is  an odd choice. If I was setting up a potentially multi million dollar operation and was convinced that I could pull it off and knowing how little trust we all have in ASIC producers, I would not be making my site look like a scam with holding domains and address's and contact details chinese restaurants and taxi cabs. If so little goes into the initial easy part if building websites, what will the final product be like? I would certainly initially invest some time and money in the site and would not get a very cheap shopping cart from a Russian provider on a rental basis of $20 a month.

We all start somewhere but really if you were 100% it would actually be quite hard to make your site appear so dodgy.

+1  Grin

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:30:15 PM

It's a reverse psychology sockpuppet thing.

You have the sockpuppet start out as a loud critic, then slowly scale back and have the sockpuppet turn into a loyal supporter, for he "has seen the light".

Combine it with a third sockpuppet as suporter who you had sockpuppet A argue with and Bam! Instant Reputation.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:34:10 PM

I still think http://www.advantshop.com http://www.advantshop.net/saas is  an odd choice. If I was setting up a potentially multi million dollar operation and was convinced that I could pull it off and knowing how little trust we all have in ASIC producers, I would not be making my site look like a scam with holding domains and address's and contact details chinese restaurants and taxi cabs. If so little goes into the initial easy part if building websites, what will the final product be like? I would certainly initially invest some time and money in the site and would not get a very cheap shopping cart from a Russian provider on a rental basis of $20 a month.

We all start somewhere but really if you were 100% it would actually be quite hard to make your site appear so dodgy.

+1  Grin

Scammers and script kiddies are putting more and more effort in profiting from BTC's gold rush. The former should know that the community was already mass-scammed by BFL, and now everyone has his guard very very high.

To really be able to perform a successful scam in a significant scale they will need to invest A LOT of money in it. Otherwise, bitcointalk.com detectives will catch them immediately Wink

cap1

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:49:52 PM

It's a reverse psychology sockpuppet thing.

You have the sockpuppet start out as a loud critic, then slowly scale back and have the sockpuppet turn into a loyal supporter, for he "has seen the light".

Combine it with a third sockpuppet as suporter who you had sockpuppet A argue with and Bam! Instant Reputation.

haha lol made me laugh Smiley Sockpuppet wars!

Right I am going back in the sock-draw to be a quiet observer
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:59:27 PM

If you guys want to I can give them a call,
And see what they have to say.
I am no expert on ASIC in anyway, but I can determine if they are swedish or not xD
//DeaDTerra
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:02:38 PM

1. Buy a bunch of avalons (AT ANY PRICE)
2. launch avalons as own product, take one module and controller boards stick it in your own designed box and call it a test unit.
3. demonstrate said product (sorry cant open the boxes it's a special test unit, final product ready soon promise!)
4. take pre-orders and buy yourself an island

Infact I like this idea so much that I will be launching my very own miner (most likely on the day I finally get one of my BFL or Avalon orders) I will call it the boxminer and it will be built in a cardboard box (very environmental friendly).  It will match the performance of a Avalon or BFL SKU exactly, all in the spirit of competition. I will only take pre-orders for a limited amount, so better be quick ordering! (hey if it wasn't limited you could always wait until first units starts shipping)

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:04:41 PM

I am no expert on ASIC in anyway, but I can determine if they are swedish or not xD
//DeaDTerra

Ok please give them a call and check who they are?
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:25:38 PM

//DeaDTerra

Ok please give them a call and check who they are?
What was the phone number?
//DeaDTerra
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:42:27 PM

Mr. Cole, a few pages ago you said:

A better option for us might be to pay the cost of 5 flights and 5 hotels, to 5 forum members and bring you all over to Stockholm Sweden. Have a look at our devices. You can then pay in person for the device which you would be able to take home with you.

I offered myself to do check personally. You should already have a working prototype if you're about to open the preorders on your web.

So - when would you like to invite at least 5 Hero Members of these forums to check your hardware? Everything else is just useless chatter.

agree to this or go away.  Seems reasonable

Avalanche is a must own
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: