Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:03:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CedarTec Topic - New ASIC [Scam?]  (Read 42990 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:34:49 PM

Shit I preordered and I'm convinced now its a scam.  Oh well, don't send these people bitcoin until their imaginary shipments ship

Redeem yourself from this act of stupidity and send me some coinage as an act of charity. At least it would make sense because I am not scamming you  Grin

I would, but right now I think I should purchase some asic chips and make a DIY ASIC to recoup my losses Smiley

Are you joking? Did you really sent coins to this obvious scam?

Guys, this is on all of you who posted in this thread making dubious claims giving some sort of credibility to the scammers. You don't doubt of an obvious scam, you just point it out as a clear SCAM so newbies do not get scammed, and you move over.

Bruno, I used to respect you, but you lost all my respect because you decided to give some legitimacy to these scammers just because they said they would send you a (non existent) miner for free. You knew that there is a 0.00000000015% chance that they comply it, but you let your greed to take over, and decided to play their game just to see if you won that science-fiction lottery. Shame on you.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 03:46:26 PM

Did you guys not see my post earlier that the street where cedartec is supposedly located is all residential high-rises? http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45960087,d.Yms&biw=1920&bih=979&q=kassem+mourad+tripoli+lebanon&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x1521f6a4afdf1821:0x55dac00b7c75eafb,Kassem+Mourad,+Lebanon&sa=X&ei=hJmFUYilFIbRtAazq4DAAw&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:51:39 PM

According to there order numbers over 150 people here have been scammed as well
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:58:20 PM

I don't understand how 'scam' is even a question. Just like asxproject.com they have a 'formula' for their ASIC 'operation'.

1. Vaguely worded website
2. Accept only bitcoin payment
3. Anonymous registration
4. Contact only via web-mail
5. Far lower price on product then they could charge IF they were a legit company (I for one would gladly pay 5x what either company is asking IF they could prove that they had a working prototype, confirm partners and technology)
6. 'Introduced' to Bitcointalk via JR. Member accounts
7. No real pictures of prototype other then generic components and 3D models of chassis.
8. Ordering system without SSL (hard to get SSL certificates anonymously perhaps)
9. 'Office' located in country that conveniently makes it extra hard to report/verify business legitimacy or file lawsuits.
10. Do we need more proof?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:59:07 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197988.0

Started this thread in Scam Accusations if anyone wants to discuss this in a more appropriate sub to get these guys off the forums.
ionstorm

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:02:02 PM

thats it, I have sent an email asking for undeniable proof within 24 hours or a refund, I'll keep you guys posted

edit: so at least you can see if they will provide something today or send back my bitcoin
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:03:07 PM

thats it, I have sent an email asking for undeniable proof within 24 hours or a refund, I'll keep you guys posted

edit: so at least you can see if they will provide something today or send back my bitcoin

Methinks you are screwed, but good luck.
ionstorm

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:03:31 PM

Methinks you are screwed, but good luck.
at least we can end this within 24 hours and nobody else gets scammed for sure
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:05:17 PM

Shit I preordered and I'm convinced now its a scam.  Oh well, don't send these people bitcoin until their imaginary shipments ship

Redeem yourself from this act of stupidity and send me some coinage as an act of charity. At least it would make sense because I am not scamming you  Grin

I would, but right now I think I should purchase some asic chips and make a DIY ASIC to recoup my losses Smiley

Are you joking? Did you really sent coins to this obvious scam?

Guys, this is on all of you who posted in this thread making dubious claims giving some sort of credibility to the scammers. You don't doubt of an obvious scam, you just point it out as a clear SCAM so newbies do not get scammed, and you move over.

Bruno, I used to respect you, but you lost all my respect because you decided to give some legitimacy to these scammers just because they said they would send you a (non existent) miner for free. You knew that there is a 0.00000000015% chance that they comply it, but you let your greed to take over, and decided to play their game just to see if you won that science-fiction lottery. Shame on you.

You didn't get the memo did you ......

@topic

It was obvious that PG was using SARCASM .... This clearly proves again that using SARCASM won't work on the interwebz... Same thing as the MNW bet

Think before sending money! Don't cry rape afterwards ....

ionstorm

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:06:47 PM

besides this shit, where can I get an ASIC within a month, tired of waiting for BFL to ship my order
BR0KK

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:09:32 PM

besides this shit, where can I get an ASIC within a month, tired of waiting for BFL to ship my order

nowhere like everyone else!

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:17:33 PM

You really do have an excess of Bitcoins burning a hole in your pocket. Browse eBay for some soon to be redundant FPGAs. Also as you were so keen to DIY, bear in mind some of those guys will get scammed, due to the potential to abuse such large orders offer despite member reputation. Out of thousands of chips some will be damaged, misplaced especially dependnt on how they are redistributed and sent without signature or courier required.

There will be tears there as well as orders have been made to the precise number of chips with no excess for issues concerning, faulty replacement and/or loss.

The chance to earn will be good for those that are lucky enough to achieve a working miner, along with required pcb, cooling, psu and software bugs are ironed out, oh and as long as the BTC price holds at at least current levels, but the media and central banks are doing their best to prevent that.

Why not relax, and see this as a long term business that has to be profitable regardless of the next 3/4 months?

I mean that's the only thing that makes sense, buy when a product that has some future proofing is developed and has been proven by at least prototype.

In the mean time give away the Bitcoins you are so desperate to loose to someone that talks complete sense. Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
BR0KK

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:23:28 PM

You really do have an excess of Bitcoins burning a hole in your pocket. Browse eBay for some soon to be redundant FPGAs. Also as you were so keen to DIY, bear in mind some of those guys will get scammed, due to the potential to abuse such large orders offer despite member reputation. Out of thousands of chips some will be damaged, misplaced especially dependnt on how they are redistributed and sent without signature or courier required.

There will be tears there as well as orders have been made to the precise number of chips with no excess for issues concerning, faulty replacement and/or loss.

The chance to earn will be good for those that are lucky enough to achieve a working miner, along with required pcb, cooling, psu and software bugs are ironed out, oh and as long as the BTC price holds at at least current levels, but the media and central banks are doing their best to prevent that.

Why not relax, and see this as a long term business that has to be profitable regardless of the next 3/4 months?

I mean that's the only thing that makes sense, buy when a product that has some future proofing is developed and has been proven by at least prototype.

In the mean time give away the Bitcoins you are so desperate to loose to someone that talks complete sense. Wink

^this!

Delitus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:26:42 PM

The writing was on the wall. For those who decided to push ahead and part with their money, despite numerous irregularities with the project's information, as well as repeated reminders and warnings of scam suspicions from countless members here... well, I don't believe ANYTHING could possibly have been enough to persuade them away. May the same mistake not be repeated through this hard-learned lesson.
ionstorm

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:58:58 PM

Update from when I asked for more proof or refund:

support@cedartec.net
12:47 PM (10 minutes ago)

to me
Dear customer,

we are not able to cover all the needings
which the community wants in this short time.
This is our first time that we sell a big amount
of products and it is really sad that problems
occurs, but these problems must be solved,
it takes time.

If you do want to cancel you order irrevocable,
we can refund your bitcoins.

Please send us your bitcoinaddress, you should
receive the amount you paid within the next 12
hours.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:02:44 PM

Take them up on this offer, now.

They are still a scam, but they want the doubt back in the forum so they can have that minute % of doubt they prey for the desperate on.

If they will ever produce anything it will be done over time once they have come out in the open as to who they are and what they really have on offer. They won't though, but they want that doubt in this forum enough to pay a small contribution like you (and anonymousg64's) refund. Take it whilst it's there.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
CedarTec (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:05:45 PM

Dear bitcointalk community and customers,

we apologize for any inconveniences.
It is hard to cover all the needings of
you in this short time frame.
We have published all things we have promised
and will publish all the other things we have promised.
What we need is time, it is our first time we produce
and sell a large amount of products.
Especially the bitcoin asic business is very complicated and
the organization is not easy.

As you see we can not ship at the 14th may, we have not published
further informations, because we are talking with the factorys
to make a next appointment to produce the chips. chassis and the pcb.
The most other parts can be ordered, they are not our main problem.

Through our delay we was not able to keep the deadline, the result
was they canceled our appointment to the first may.

We will publish more informations when we have the appointed day.

Just give us time, please do not order if you need more sureness,
it would only result in turmoil (as you can see here).

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.
ionstorm

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:16:07 PM

Dear bitcointalk community and customers,

we apologize for any inconveniences.
It is hard to cover all the needings of
you in this short time frame.
We have published all things we have promised
and will publish all the other things we have promised.
What we need is time, it is our first time we produce
and sell a large amount of products.
Especially the bitcoin asic business is very complicated and
the organization is not easy.

As you see we can not ship at the 14th may, we have not published
further informations, because we are talking with the factorys
to make a next appointment to produce the chips. chassis and the pcb.
The most other parts can be ordered, they are not our main problem.

Through our delay we was not able to keep the deadline, the result
was they canceled our appointment to the first may.

We will publish more informations when we have the appointed day.

Just give us time, please do not order if you need more sureness,
it would only result in turmoil (as you can see here).

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.
can you guys take more time out of your day today instead of answering emails and us and provide a new video or pictures or some definitive proof of maybe a contract agreement between the manufacturer and you?  Censor out the name of the company for all I care, just show everyone something please.  Or let one of our forum members who live close to you demo it or send a demo unit to a prominent member of the bitcoin community for free for review?

يرجى تقديم ما يثبت اليوم
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:31:44 PM

In a two year time frame after reading this forum and all, you telling me not a second of time was allocated to help prove such a venture is in the works whether it be real or vaporware? This aspect is where enough time should be spent on if a company hopes to survive, let alone profit.

Another email from them:  Grin

Dearest Bruno,

Please stop posting spoff emails
from us.

We our not yet sit up to
handle the cach flow.

Best regards from CedarTec team,

J.H. CedearTec CEO
ionstorm

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:35:38 PM

Seriously if they are for real maybe we can offer assistance to them or expertise.  Its quite possible they are doing this and are a bit in over there head since this is new to them..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: