Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins that might survive in the future?  (Read 45276 times)
Locotoni

Activity: 490
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:48:12 AM

(y)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haster100

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:52:33 AM

Altcoin, which will survive in the future for me, is Eth, Ltc, Dogecoin, XEM, Hmq. This is my choice, which will continue in the coming years. Like Eth, the most often spoken is that it continues to grow, while others say that the Altocene will also survive.
burdagol12345

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:07:57 PM

Based on what it has been seen among the wide array of altcoins such as development, innovation, and security issues, what altcoins might survive in the future?

In my opinion, I think that the only ones prone to survive would be good old altcoins such as Litecoin and Dogecoin, but I may be wrong.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this as well as any altcoin that might be worth holding onto for the long term.  Grin

For me the best altcoin now that survive in the future is the ethereum,and capp coins because,ethereum is always used everyday in trading investment exchange,and only altcoins contains an ERC-20 code,while capp coins now is the most promising altcoins now in the market,with a great potential to grow its value in the block chain.i've heard  a   news now that the CEO of capp will promise that this coin in the end of this month it  value of 1capp will become 1usdt,and i trust  his word.
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:38:41 PM

Long term 50 years Cheesy
Short term 3 years
Just near future <1 year Tongue
maybe some kind like that

LISK or it's mutations
meaning that alt-coin will survive in the future along with bitcoin

cryrpt777

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:52:04 PM

I think that the Altcoins is more risky than the BTC. I prefer to use altcoins. But in the BTC I hold 50% of the investment. The market is growing strongly from new investors. Capitalization is crazy  Cool I choose waves, Stratis, eos, Bancor

I agree. I think it is more risk but more profitable and it is worth to take that risk.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 06:57:55 PM

in my opinion i will choose ethereum, zcash, and litecoin

zcash is already half dead and ethereum is a zombie being pumped. the only remaining option is litecoin and not because it is a good coin but only because it belongs to Chinese and they love it.
and you are forgetting about coins with something to offer like monero and iconomi

Sadly I think this is true, though I've been biased to ethereum I think litecoin might really be coming up the stage but I hope ethereum would last longer and gain more value before the year 2018 ends or just until I earn profits through my investments. I don't want ending up cutting losses from my resources.

mafostedu

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:58:59 PM

Most altcoins who are on the top 100 wont survive for the next year, not even for the next months, just like it has been happening for more tha years (since 2013)

Ripple and litecoin and probably ethereum will obviously always be on the top five forever.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:39:57 PM

Litecoin has been very useful for people trying to get rid of the congestion in the Bitcoin network, but I'm not sure if it will have a good future when Bitcoin receives the benefits of Lightning Network, and when a large number of people start using SegWit addresses.
Regarding Dogecoin, I don't really know why still has value. I speculate its marketcap will probably be much lower in the future.

Litecoin has been a nice alternative to Bitcoin in terms of speed, and inexpensive fees. With its implementation of SegWit before Bitcoin, it shows that LTC has better consensus over its network upgrades than the former. Even if Bitcoin implements Lightning Network, Litecoin will continue to become used in the future for extremely fast payments. Since it is silver to Bitcoin's gold, Litecoin will surely survive for many years to come.

As for Dogecoin, I have no idea why its price has increased exponentially over the market, since it has an inflated supply and it somewhat lacks active development. I know that DOGE has extremely cheap fees and it is ideal for micropayments but its current supply will greatly diminish its value over the course of time. Therefore, this price uptrend over Dogecoin may be temporary, but as long as it could provide usability among altcoins in existence, then it could survive for many years to come.

Another altcoin that might survive in the future would be NEM. Given that it is widely popular in Japan and has an outstanding development plan, (along with its features) it may remain in crypto land for the long-term. One of the greatest features that this altcoin has is its ultra low fees, along with speedy transactions, making it the ideal choice for mainstream payments without any congestion (unlike Bitcoin). But, it is only a matter of time before many of the altcoins would remain in existence with the support from their users. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BlackRock

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:47:06 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 10:05:00 PM by BlackRock

Both ETH and other altcoins will survive for many years to come.
Altcoins are just like stocks,they will survive as long as they have use cases

1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:04:17 PM

For me I think litecoin and digibyte have a long term of surviving in this market, because of its demand in the marketcap and when youre planning to invest in long term investment these coin is worth investing. Though eth and bitcoin is good long term investment.
Yana_M1

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:13:07 PM

I believe in Asian coins. After all, and the east ahead of the whole planet. For example, Quoine, BNB, Neo, ASCH.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:20:09 AM

I personally like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero, Dash, Vertcoin and BiblePay (Charity coin that is a combo of Dash and Vertcoin)

haster100

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:26:37 PM

I think altcoin very potentially survive in the future is Ethereum Waves Litecoin and Dogecoin . They are pretty stable price coins in the market.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:33:48 PM

There are many good coins are there and the new coins are enter in the market with great technology and good management team and the good technology made him the best coin and they have really good future and will survive for long term because they are really good projects and good projects will always good and get good success in future also and provide good opportunities for holders and customers also.
bitcryptone

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:35:38 PM

Ethereum will probably survive, mb waves too
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:00:32 PM

For me I think litecoin and digibyte have a long term of surviving in this market, because of its demand in the marketcap and when youre planning to invest in long term investment these coin is worth investing. Though eth and bitcoin is good long term investment.

Both Litecoin and DigiByte have a huge advantage against Bitcoin and Ethereum. They have faster transaction speeds and even cheaper fees than the latter. One interesting thing is that DGB has also adopted SegWit and will have an increase in block size over the course of time. It will become more scalable over time, to serve its purpose of micropayments in the mainstream world.

On the other hand, there's Litecoin which is silver to Bitcoin's gold. It's much scarcer than DigiByte and its value could rise over the long term. Given that it has adopted SegWit and it will activate the Lightning Network soon, it will become one of the fastest cryptocurrencies in existence. Therefore, both LTC and DGB could survive in the market for years to come.

As for Ethereum, it is a very good altcoin that may survive in the long term as it continues to make strides in the cryptocurrency market. However, it is facing the same scalability issues as Bitcoin where the network becomes clogged up when new popular ICOs emerge. Thus, with the Casper PoS upgrade, Ethereum will see a significant boost not only in network capacity but in value as well. Only time will tell whenever most of these altcoins will remain in their rightful place in the market for years to come. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
creative~mind

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:16:25 PM
Merited by Carmen_Sandiego (2), ironm@n (2)

Everything that brings real innovation to the table has a chance. However, that alone is not enough, since some of these cryptos are in direct competition with Bitcoin, and some of these innovations can be implemented, at some point, in a Bitcoin sidechain.
Maybe coins with a very different structure, like DAG coins, might survive, since they're not competing with Bitcoin in mining. That said, I have high hopes for Bytes and Blackbytes.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:07:19 PM

Everything that brings real innovation to the table has a chance. However, that alone is not enough, since some of these cryptos are in direct competition with Bitcoin, and some of these innovations can be implemented, at some point, in a Bitcoin sidechain.
Maybe coins with a very different structure, like DAG coins, might survive, since they're not competing with Bitcoin in mining. That said, I have high hopes for Bytes and Blackbytes.

Agree. Many of the features provided by altcoins such as ZK-SNARKS can become implemented into a Bitcoin sidechain. This will allow Bitcoin to become used for nearly anything that you would imagine such as smart contracts, micropayments, privacy, and more. If sidechains in Bitcoin become successful, then I believe that there would be no use for altcoins since the pioneer cryptocurrency would become an All-in-one blockchain platform.

However, even if this is possible, perhaps not all the altcoin's features would become implemented into Bitcoin. There are many advanced cryptocurrencies out there which provide faster transactions, greater privacy, and cheaper fees. The ones that use tangle technology such as IOTA, and those who use DAG structure like ByteBall are extremely efficient in processing transactions at a fast pace. IOTA brings a no fee structure, making it extremely ideal for IoT use. There is also DASH which brings masternodes allowing for greater privacy over user's transactions.

Therefore, if I were to say which altcoin or altcoins would survive in the future, those would be such that could provide constant development, innovation, and acceptance in the mainstream world. In crypto land, altcoins come and go, but those that have taken the effort to go to the next level, will continue to make strides in the market. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Arisgado

Activity: 191

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:09:53 AM

Altcoins that might survive in the future is Ethereum and Litecoin. Altcoins are just like stocks,they will survive as long as they have use cases and they are pretty stable price coins in the market. As far as I know, there are many coins will survive in the future just hold and prove the worth, their chances of surviving in the future is very high.
Aldavetheboss

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:36:37 AM

I think monero, dash, etherium are obvious choices to survive, but also there is steem, golem, and bitshares which are poised to make same kind of run as monero, dash, and etherium.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: