Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:05:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What type of wallet do you use most?
Lightweight Wallet (Desktop) - 60 (19.6%)
Lightweight Wallet (Mobile) - 42 (13.7%)
Full Node - 17 (5.6%)
Hardware Wallet - 22 (7.2%)
Paper Wallet (self generated) - 16 (5.2%)
Brain Wallet - 1 (0.3%)
Web Wallet - 133 (43.5%)
Exchange/Faucet Credit - 9 (2.9%)
Physical Bitcoin - 0 (0%)
Other/No Bitcoin - 6 (2%)
Total Voters: 306

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of wallet do you use?  (Read 38504 times)
kumax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

🚀 🌏

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:28:26 PM

I prefer lightweight desktop wallet, so I use Electrum for Bitcoin and also for Litecoin (Electrum-ltc).

For other altcoins I use web wallet (Bit.ac) and for the biggest shitcoins I use online wallets on trading pages.
But I don't store there any big amounts, they are more for testing and playing with them.  Smiley
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:28:25 PM

I'm using Electrum's HD wallet just for everyday spending. I tried to download the Qt client once and I seemed to have some problems in storage so I thought that that wouldn't be the best wallet for me. Electrum is one of the best lightweight desktop wallets there is right now due to its simplicity and, well, lightweight-ness.

PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:38:53 PM

Nice poll, I appreciate the way how you defined the wide range of options when it comes to the kind of wallet that we are using. My first wallet was a web wallet and that was because I found it very easy to understand and handle. I did not even have to understand public/private keys and other technical expressions that may scare newcomers. I think, its simplicity and similarity to fiat online payment processors enable it to lead among the options.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:40:49 PM

Am using blockchain.info for both my web and mobile wallet as its the most convenient for me.
And for all my altcoins I have stuck to desktop wallets.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:41:23 PM

When I first started to collect Bitcoins (in 2012), I used to store my coins in Instawallet. But they closed down in 2013, and so I moved my coins to my BTC-e wallet. And a few months later, the Mt Gox hack happened. I decided not to store my coins in any of the exchanges, and therefore moved them to Blockchain.info wallet. A few months later, I  created a few paper wallets and moved my coins. I am still using these paper wallets.
Oggy1987

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:43:20 PM

I use Electrum wallet, and keep some small amount in echange. I ordered Ledger, cant wait to get it, should be on my doorstep next week Smiley
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:59:02 PM

I would say that there is a benefit of using Core and running transactions through your own node for privacy reasons; but since bitcoin is quite transparent in where transactions are going too, there is no real reason besides to help support the reliability of the network.

I use MultiBit for Desktop mostly and Breadwallet for mobile... both are quite good and reliable in terms of being able to control your own private keys.

If someone is interested in running a full node what is the ideal set up for it in terms of hard drive size and amount of bandwidth? I read around the forum and most comments Ive seen is that no one really wants to run their own node anymore because it is costly.

It depends on how long you want to continue to use Bitcoin in the future... if you were just wanting to be able to sync the blockchain as of right now you would need like 120 GB of data or so since the entire blockchain is around 100+GB's of data.  If you were planning on creating transactions for a while in the future, I would suggest you get a 500 GB or 1 TB external SSD... then again guessing how large the total blockchain size will be a bit of guess work.  Since there is a 1 MB limit on blocks, then you can sort of guess what the size will be down the future since generally every block is full... but there is no telling if devs will increase the blocksize or not reach a consensus on that.

In terms of bandwidth I'm not really sure... I think there is a way to limit how much bandwidth you use when you're running a node; but since I don't I can't say for sure.

ptcmadam@yahoo.com

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:20:39 PM

I prefer lightweight desktop wallet, so I use Electrum for Bitcoin and also for Litecoin (Electrum-ltc).

For other altcoins I use web wallet (Bit.ac) and for the biggest shitcoins I use online wallets on trading pages.
But I don't store there any big amounts, they are more for testing and playing with them.  Smiley

I also prefer Desktop wallet like electrum.
virusasog

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:48:42 PM

Am using blockchain.info for both my web and mobile wallet as its the most convenient for me.
And for all my altcoins I have stuck to desktop wallets.

Blockchain was good before but nowadays i noticed minimum charge was increased and consuming some bitcoin in the wallet itself and not able to send those complete amount. However coinbase would be best option for it.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:16:52 PM

what would happen if the phone ever get stolen?
Mycelium is a hierarchical deterministic wallet, all the private keys can be recovered from the master seed, it can also be protected with a PIN.
If you have a written copy of your key, and don't use somethng obvious like 1234 as your PIN (choose it randomly), you can recover your coins and send them to another wallet before the thief finds your PIN.
I am not sure if PINs longer than 4 digits can be used.

Good that I can actually use another phone to have my btc sent to another wallet. I think I really should be reading up more about these things on my free time. Great that there are additional protection built into these dedicated wallets.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:10:47 AM

the vast majority of users have two or more wallets
I use webwallets such as Xapo and Blockchain for daily dust transactions,use a desktop client and have  a Trezor as the cold storage
think the more time you have been into bitcoin,the more wallets you will be using or at least trying out to see if they fit

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:17:56 AM

There is a thread about recomendations for the best wallet to use, but not all practice what they preach, so this poll is to see what people are actually using.
I understand that some people use multiple wallets of different kinds, so this poll asks which wallet is most used, this can be measured either by quantity of bitcoin or ammount of transactions.

I use web wallet to store my bitcoin where i earn from faucet trading and gambling my country has a very own bitcoin wallet where we can easily sell pay monthly bills or to shop online  our web wallets has it own features where you can also use its very own virtual card to shop online by using bitcoin as well.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
Viscount

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:58:50 AM

I run full node to support bitcoin
dina.yung

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 02:02:38 AM

Basically I use blockchain wallet.because this is easy to handle.some Times I used app wallet from play store.they are more easy.but when I store lots or btc or you can say high amount.I use only core wallet.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:03:32 AM

There is a thread about recomendations for the best wallet to use, but not all practice what they preach, so this poll is to see what people are actually using.
I understand that some people use multiple wallets of different kinds, so this poll asks which wallet is most used, this can be measured either by quantity of bitcoin or ammount of transactions.

I use web wallet to store my bitcoin where i earn from faucet trading and gambling my country has a very own bitcoin wallet where we can easily sell pay monthly bills or to shop online  our web wallets has it own features where you can also use its very own virtual card to shop online by using bitcoin as well.
Yup now in all country this type of web wallets have arrived. In my country also we have few web wallets we can sell our coins to them they will update our wallets with fiat currency. But we can not withdraw that money. We can use that money for any online transactions means electric bills, mobiles bills all type of electronic bill we can pay through that site.
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:17:20 AM

in fact I have never had a problem wallet because all wallet providers have the comfort and security of it's own, but if it should be choosing to one wallet i prefer exchanger (local exchanger) because because I could exchange bitcoin currency directly to my country (fiat)

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:45:43 AM

the vast majority of users have two or more wallets
I use webwallets such as Xapo and Blockchain for daily dust transactions,use a desktop client and have  a Trezor as the cold storage
think the more time you have been into bitcoin,the more wallets you will be using or at least trying out to see if they fit
Having completely different types of wallets will definitely ensure the security of our bitcoins from any possible hacking.

I'm always recommending my friends to use one web wallet and one standalone wallets. This web wallet and standalone wallet can be any, but we should not use only web wallets nor only stand alone wallets.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:00:49 AM

I am using web wallet because i think it is the best option for me i can convert cash to bitcoin instantly or bitcoin to cash, pay bills like electric,water bills using that web wallet also i can cashout cash anytime i like using those remittance center that are available in that web wallet and lastly i like the support they really help whenever you need them.

So you earn enough BTC to pay all your monthly bills? Im curious what your job is. Does it pay in BTC? If it does it would be nice of you to tell us where you work or what website you work in. Signature campaigns are not enough to pay the bills.
sadiq basha

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:31:00 AM

I use electrum desktop wallet. I feel very much secured to store my bitcoins in it. Its not advisable to store bitcoins in exchanges for a long time. Keep the seed safely which is generated during opening new electrum wallet as you can recover your account even if your laptop gets fault.
canhchuacaro1

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 12:28:47 PM

I am currently fully depend on web wallets because i am not making bigger transaction or hold much bitcoin and i know web wallets are not safe place to hold bitcoin.
I prefer web wallet as its easy to use and multiple options for cashouts/convert
this is the best choice due to slow internet speeds and daily capping, i dont need to download to whole thing and sync regularly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: