Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:26:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 228 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NemosMiner] multi algo profit switching NVIDIA/CPU miner  (Read 289387 times)
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 07:06:46 AM

Every time I look at nemos the top coin that it is currently mining says .007-.01 btc/day. My average btc according to zpool stats is only .0027/day. Why such a big gap? My interval is set at 300, should I adjust it?

Sorry that I don't have an answer but you made me curious. Where do you see average BTC on zpool?

I'm using ethmonitoring.com to query the zpool api.
Can you give more details on how to do that ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jarkle

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:30:43 AM

Every time I look at nemos the top coin that it is currently mining says .007-.01 btc/day. My average btc according to zpool stats is only .0027/day. Why such a big gap? My interval is set at 300, should I adjust it?

Sorry that I don't have an answer but you made me curious. Where do you see average BTC on zpool?

Go to ethmonitoring.com create an account, go to the pools page add entry for zpool and input your btc address, wait 24 for data to be collected. They have a chat window if you have issues.
minestro

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:01:50 PM

Go to ethmonitoring.com create an account, go to the pools page add entry for zpool and input your btc address, wait 24 for data to be collected. They have a chat window if you have issues.
You forgot: You gotta pay $3/month and miner for the pool feature.

papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 01:57:17 PM

Hi , I'm new to Nemosminer
I noticed some times miner speed is much less than what it bench marked,
I checked and noticed for example ccminer Alexis benchmark for x17 shows 62.63 Mh/s
but some times it doesnt engage all gpus and only 1 gpu is working and hash rate drops to 11
but Nemos doesnt close the miner till the update time  comes.
is it normal ?
shouldnt it monitor the hash speed and if its too lower than what is benchmarked close it and go to next or restart the same algo ?

nin3tin

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:45:59 PM

can i run nemos with AMD GPU?
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:51:30 PM

can i run nemos with AMD GPU?
Read the title of the thread.
jarkle

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:30:11 PM

You forgot: You gotta pay $3/month and miner for the pool feature.

Yeah. I forgot about that...  I think if you have >1 rig you could just pay $3 to get the pool monitoring and and not have to pay for the other rigs.
danspasiva

Activity: 417
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:58:27 PM

I checked and noticed for example ccminer Alexis benchmark for x17 shows 62.63 Mh/s
but some times it doesnt engage all gpus and only 1 gpu is working and hash rate drops to 11
is it normal ?
shouldnt it monitor the hash speed and if its too lower than what is benchmarked close it and go to next or restart the same algo ?

I have the same problems, i've disabled alexis on most of the algos.  Someone once posted a fix but i've scanned through these pages like 10 times since and cannot seem to find it. 
minerx117 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 256

NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:20:51 PM

is it normal ?

I have the same problems, i've disabled alexis on most of the algos.  Someone once posted a fix but i've scanned through these pages like 10 times since and cannot seem to find it. 

yeh Alexis78 is known to have Issues with more than 4 cards... you can disable Alexis78 if you are running in to this problem...

Best Regards
Nemo

NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3
AndyPants

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:30:38 PM

Hi I've been using Nemosminer for a few weeks now and I am really liking it.

I was hoping that you would be open to suggestions of how to perhaps improve it.

The miner switches algos very often but by the time those rewards mature and make it through the exchange the momentary increase in estimated BTC/day that made the miner switch has long past and you get very little of those rewards. 

Could it be possible to have a variable in the start bat that would set how often the miner checks profitability and how often it switches algos?
Ideally I'd like to be able to set it to check every few minutes but to only switch every hour based on what on average was most profitable during the past hour.  I think that working on those longer term averages will give a better chance of getting a more stable return by the time the rewards clear the exchange.

So to sum up:
NemosMiner should switch only every hour, and should switch to what was most profitable on average for the past hour.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:42:30 PM

I was hoping that you would be open to suggestions of how to perhaps improve it.

The miner switches algos very often but by the time those rewards mature and make it through the exchange the momentary increase in estimated BTC/day that made the miner switch has long past and you get very little of those rewards. 

Could it be possible to have a variable in the start bat that would set how often the miner checks profitability and how often it switches algos?
Ideally I'd like to be able to set it to check every few minutes but to only switch every hour based on what on average was most profitable during the past hour.  I think that working on those longer term averages will give a better chance of getting a more stable return by the time the rewards clear the exchange.

So to sum up:
NemosMiner should switch only every hour, and should switch to what was most profitable on average for the past hour.

Very nice idea. Hope someone can help you/us. Smiley
minestro

Activity: 266

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:48:24 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 08:31:47 PM by minestro

So to sum up:
Okay I quite get what you want, but how is your proposal a solution? By switching less you risk only more to mine a "bad" coin for a long interval, which had just a peak in profitability. By switching often, or at least checking if to switch, you have at least the chance to mine the most profitable coin at the moment and if it's still the most profitable coin it won't switch. I don't get where the harm would be in switching/checking often. As far as I think we are speaking here about the values of coins on a exchange. I don't think longer time averages are going to help you anything because most of the time the rise/fall are not really predictable, at least not by just looking at one hour averages. IMHO you can just mine the most profitable at the moment and hope it stays that way.
Don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to get the idea and therefore arguing now the other side. Might be, longer intervals are better, but I just don't see the advantage.

minerx117 (OP)

NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:05:17 PM

Ideally I'd like to be able to set it to check every few minutes but to only switch every hour based on what on average was most profitable during the past hour.  I think that working on those longer term averages will give a better chance of getting a more stable return by the time the rewards clear the exchange.

So to sum up:

no... im no going to make it work off hour averages or 24hour averages   its works off the realtime stats...

i recommend letting benchmark complete, then edit start.bat and change (-Interval 90   to  - Interval 300)  thats how i get the best results out of it...

NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3
danspasiva

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:18:57 PM

Hey Nemo, wasn't there a piece of code or something external that you know of which solves the issue with Alexis and forces the video cards to start?  I think i remember something like this, not sure if u said it or not.
minerx117 (OP)

NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:37:27 PM

Hey Nemo, wasn't there a piece of code or something external that you know of which solves the issue with Alexis and forces the video cards to start?  I think i remember something like this, not sure if u said it or not.

yeh it also makes all your card run and 100% tdp.. i found it to make more problems than it solved...

your revering to (--cuda-scheduler spin) or something like that can't remember exactly i don't use it...

NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3
danspasiva

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:40:26 AM

yeh it also makes all your card run and 100% tdp.. i found it to make more problems than it solved...

your revering to (--cuda-scheduler spin) or something like that can't remember exactly i don't use it...

Ahh i see, yes thats not worth it then.
agapes

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:02:09 AM

sorry i asked this question before but no one answer me
is that anyway to disbale mining on one gpu and just mining with one of them
i have one 1080ti and one gtx 760 , lot of algorythm has problem with 760 and when both mining made me problem
i want to disable mining on 760 and just use it as windows gpu
and only mining with 1080
please give me a solution
i try to edit all the PowerShell files but i couldn't find anything about choosing gpu
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:29:37 AM

So to sum up:

no... im no going to make it work off hour averages or 24hour averages   its works off the realtime stats...

i recommend letting benchmark complete, then edit start.bat and change (-Interval 90   to  - Interval 300)  thats how i get the best results out of it...
Basing a mining decision on past performance is indeed not the way to go at all. You need to exploit current low diff. There is a clear problem however with the fact that coins need time to mature and more time again to be exchanged, so prices will usually have moved massively (against us, mostly) and closed that arbitrage window.

Yesterday I ran Nemosminer for 36 hours with payout in DGB. I monitore the last 24. My rig got approx 500 coins paid out. That's unfortunately not much. I switched to mining DGB only for 24 hours and already know it's going to turn out better.

As much as it annoys me, the problem with the switching software is that if coins that are mined move sideways or downwards, you lose.

In order for an auto-switching software to outperform in crap markets, it needs to be smarter, i.e. anticipating market moves (technical analysis, trend recognition etc) in order to find a way to alleviate the delay caused by maturing and exchanging the coins.

pindis

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:46:52 AM

sorry i asked this question before but no one answer me
is that anyway to disbale mining on one gpu and just mining with one of them
i have one 1080ti and one gtx 760 , lot of algorythm has problem with 760 and when both mining made me problem
i want to disable mining on 760 and just use it as windows gpu
and only mining with 1080
please give me a solution
i try to edit all the PowerShell files but i couldn't find anything about choosing gpu
Not at the moment. he's working on it for the next update.
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:04:15 AM

So to sum up:

no... im no going to make it work off hour averages or 24hour averages   its works off the realtime stats...

i recommend letting benchmark complete, then edit start.bat and change (-Interval 90   to  - Interval 300)  thats how i get the best results out of it...
Basing a mining decision on past performance is indeed not the way to go at all. You need to exploit current low diff. There is a clear problem however with the fact that coins need time to mature and more time again to be exchanged, so prices will usually have moved massively (against us, mostly) and closed that arbitrage window.

Yesterday I ran Nemosminer for 36 hours with payout in DGB. I monitore the last 24. My rig got approx 500 coins paid out. That's unfortunately not much. I switched to mining DGB only for 24 hours and already know it's going to turn out better.

As much as it annoys me, the problem with the switching software is that if coins that are mined move sideways or downwards, you lose.

In order for an auto-switching software to outperform in crap markets, it needs to be smarter, i.e. anticipating market moves (technical analysis, trend recognition etc) in order to find a way to alleviate the delay caused by maturing and exchanging the coins.

And then apply the same knowledge to predicting the weather…
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 228 »
  Print  

Jump to: