April 30, 2024, 03:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 [6209] 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 6223 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 ... 33307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26369694 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:18:18 AM

ugh bears, there are relatively unlimited people to buy, and such limited amount of people to sell. the chinese will run out abruptly in the middle of your trend party.

"Abruptly?" evidence? You have made a bald assertion with nothing to back it up. Where else are Chinese miners going to sell?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:20:48 AM

ugh bears, there are relatively unlimited people to buy, and such limited amount of people to sell. the chinese will run out abruptly in the middle of your trend party.
How could they run out when they are still running their illegal exchanges with a bunch of volume and the owners are trying to pretend like nothing is wrong?

There are also new huge sources of coins coming in every week from other sources now.  (hackers, mtgox, silkroad, drug dealers). Millions of hoarded coins are likely to be tempted to sell now too now that we are in a 1W downtrend. Then there is mining.

Maybe I'm wrong about the above. So, if the trend breaks, I can act on it then. But why would I preempt the trend breaking, all the way at the top, when I'm most likely to fail and get clobbered by a brutal move? If you sum the risk reward of each of these decisions as it has occured about 8 times during the trend now, then you will find that not preempting the trend reversal is a much more profitable strategy. The one time I have to pay somewhat higher price after reversal is confirmed will be much better than the 7 times I would take a huge loss.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:21:30 AM

"Abruptly?" evidence? You have made a bald assertion with nothing to back it up. Where else are Chinese miners going to sell?

well practically, they can or cant sell, if they can, they will sell it to offshore buyers. if they cant, then they wont.
it's a fact that this will be resolved. there is a finite supply of fools who bought to get rich quick. they will sell, and never sell again.
but I guess anything is possible, so it must fall right?
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:23:29 AM

How could they run out when they are still running their illegal exchanges with a bunch of volume and the owners are trying to pretend like nothing is wrong?

There are also new huge sources of coins coming in every week from other sources now.  (hackers, mtgox, silkroad, drug dealers)

Maybe I'm wrong about the above. So, if the trend breaks, I can act on it then. But why would I preempt the trend breaking, all the way at the top, when I'm most likely to fail and get clobbered by a brutal move? If you sum the risk reward of each of these decisions as it has occured about 8 times during the trend now, then you will find that not preempting the trend reversal is a much more profitable strategy. The one time I have to pay somewhat higher price after reversal is confirmed will be much better than the 7 times I would take a huge loss.

is the volume fake, or not?

there are things that are constant, and there are things that have finite impact. if you will attribute the fall to chinese bank ban, which seems evident in the news, the market will reach equilibrium after it is resolved.
SFHere

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:26:59 AM

PBOC (Prod Bitcoin Over Crap)

Conspiracy? I think not.
TERA

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:30:11 AM

There are also new huge sources of coins coming in every week from other sources now.  (hackers, mtgox, silkroad, drug dealers)

there are things that are constant, and there are things that have finite impact. if you will attribute the fall to chinese bank ban, which seems evident in the news, the market will reach equilibrium after it is resolved.
We don't know exactly how much Chinese volume is 'fake' and how much is real. You don't have to attribute the falling to one particular thing. Just that supply > demand. There are millions of free coins floating around right now from various sources as well as a lack of buyers and interest for several reasons. This manifests into a downtrend. When the tides turn for whatever reason, you will see the downtrend reverse and indicators start to flip on the weekly chart.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:36:45 AM

well practically, they can or cant sell, if they can, they will sell it to offshore buyers. if they cant, then they wont.
it's a fact that this will be resolved. there is a finite supply of fools who bought to get rich quick. they will sell, and never sell again.

As long as BTC is concentrated in the hands of people who have a negative fiat cash flow outside of BTC appreciation, selling pressure will continue. I know this because I am one of those people. I can survive for years before I run out, which means that if many others are in a similar situation, the down trend can last for years.

That doesn't mean the down trend will last for years, it only means it can. A crash is actually the bullish scenario. A long painfully drawn out slide is also possible.

The market could reverse at any time for any reason or no reason, but we are playing probabilities, not possibilities.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:38:06 AM

We don't know exactly how much Chinese volume is 'fake' and how much is real. You don't have to attribute the falling to one particular thing. Just that supply > demand. There are millions of free coins floating around right now from various sources as well as a lack of buyers and interest for several reasons. This manifests into a downtrend. When the tides turn for whatever reason, you will see the downtrend reverse and indicators start to flip on the weekly chart.
40k bitcoins were bought just the other day, injecting more than 1billion yuan into the market cap. how many times can that be sustained? I see on the chart divergance on the macd on a daily scale, a head and shoulders, and the same on an hourly scale. the bear run is now weaker than the bull run, and whats more, nobody seems to care about the chinese news last night. we are rallying. im beginning to think the word trend is becoming cliche.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:40:30 AM

New update from OKCoin (2014-05-01 08:46:08)

RE: CCB "Declaration on the Prohibition of the use of my bank account for Bitcoin transactions."

Hello, my colleagues have been responsible for the company and related verified. No problem, our account hasn't been cancelled. Please rest assured

It looks like banks have put the statement online without cancelling a single account. All exchanges still allowing fiat deposits as usual.
Find specific accounts being used for bitcoin trading and then cancelling them is a task ahead of them that they have to do work for and perform. However, it is easy to simply post a statement. The May 10 deadline I believe is just a deadline to make statements and not actually close accounts.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:42:13 AM

As long as BTC is concentrated in the hands of people who have a negative fiat cash flow outside of BTC appreciation, selling pressure will continue. I know this because I am one of those people. I can survive for years before I run out, which means that if many others are in a similar situation, the down trend can last for years.

That doesn't mean the down trend will last for years, it only means it can. A crash is actually the bullish scenario. A long painfully drawn out slide is also possible.

The market could reverse at any time for any reason or no reason, but we are playing probabilities, not possibilities.

the probability is another argument, when gaming companies are purchasing 40k bitcoins on a risky day I think the bear argument is losing it's grounds. this trend is showing strong signs of reversal.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:42:21 AM

lez go, to 460 and beyond!

Maybe in next 12h... I do not predict that it will be faster than this.
nonsense

we are moments away!

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:47:58 AM

the probability is another argument, when gaming companies are purchasing 40k bitcoins on a risky day I think the bear argument is losing it's grounds. this trend is showing strong signs of reversal.

Chessnut will be right one day.

Unless Bitcoin goes to zero. Then he may never be right.
windjc
Legendary

Merit: 1070

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:50:53 AM

Last time buying on Houbi stopped around 3500.  Then it went down and flat for several days before "news" came and crashed it.

How high will it go this time before buyers are exhausted?  Maybe we get back to 3000?

That would be a good guess.

chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:54:45 AM

Chessnut will be right one day.

Unless Bitcoin goes to zero. Then he may never be right.

hmm well if I remember correctly I was right just yesterday, and the day before. When we pass 3000 yuan you will be looking at a daily chart in the bulls favour. so it could be many months before buyers are exhausted.
TERA

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:54:57 AM

40k bitcoins were bought just the other day, injecting more than 1billion yuan into the market cap. how many times can that be sustained? I see on the chart divergance on the macd on a daily scale, a head and shoulders, and the same on an hourly scale. the bear run is now weaker than the bull run, and whats more, nobody seems to care about the chinese news last night. we are rallying. im beginning to think the word trend is becoming cliche.
Has this 40K btc purchased news actually been confirmed by anyone as legitimate? I saw it linked on some Chinese site. Perhaps it's a Chinese pump before their next dump.

This purchase could technically happen 300 times. But who is to say it will happen even one more time? It takes more than just some occasional institutional investor to cause a reversal - there needs to be a trend of new people getting interested and actually wanting to use the technology, or a new market.

The daily chart is trumped by the weekly ema downcross. All the little patterns and indicators you are looking at will just get erased with a random giant red candle out of nowhere.

There was no chinese 'news' last night. A couple banks made statements but we already found out from the previous news that they were required to do this, and that is only two banks out of many.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:00:06 AM

A Gambling company.  Casino owners know value? I lived in Vegas before the great 2008 Crash. I assure you they do not.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:00:54 AM

Explanation
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:05:32 AM

Has this 40K btc purchased news actually been confirmed by anyone as legitimate? I saw it linked on some Chinese site. Perhaps it's a Chinese pump before their next dump.

This purchase could technically happen 300 times. But who is to say it will happen even one more time? It takes more than just some occasional institutional investor to cause a reversal - there needs to be a trend of new people getting interested and actually wanting to use the technology, or a new market.

The daily chart is trumped by the weekly ema downcross. All the little patterns and indicators you are looking at will just get erased with a random giant red candle out of nowhere.

yeah it was confirmed.

how could it happen 300 times? that's wishful thinking. 300 market orders? or shall they put up a 5 million BTC buy wall on bitstamp?

I am using the daily chart. and I wish that you could guarantee that my 'little patterns' will be wiped out, but you cant. what we are seeing now  believe is the market preparing for July, when for the first time legit exchanges will be opening in America. we will see all the legit money that's been held back,  and perhaps china follow the lead of the USA as expected.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:06:09 AM

A Gambling company.  Casino owners know value? I lived in Vegas before the great 2008 Crash. I assure you they do not.

I said Gaming, not Gambling.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:11:16 AM

40k bitcoins were bought just the other day, injecting more than 1billion yuan into the market cap. how many times can that be sustained?
Bitcoin trading does not per se inject money into the market, nor does it change the market cap (= number of existing coins times the market price of one coin).  The coins and the yuan simply exchange hands. 

By the way, that same headline could have been phrased as "unnown investor decides to dump 40k bitcoins"  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 [6209] 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 6223 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 ... 33307 »
  Print  

Jump to: