May 21, 2024, 08:05:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7525 7526 7527 7528 7529 7530 7531 7532 7533 7534 7535 7536 7537 7538 7539 7540 7541 7542 7543 7544 7545 7546 7547 7548 7549 7550 7551 7552 7553 7554 7555 7556 7557 7558 7559 7560 7561 7562 7563 7564 7565 7566 7567 7568 7569 7570 7571 7572 7573 7574 [7575] 7576 7577 7578 7579 7580 7581 7582 7583 7584 7585 7586 7587 7588 7589 7590 7591 7592 7593 7594 7595 7596 7597 7598 7599 7600 7601 7602 7603 7604 7605 7606 7607 7608 7609 7610 7611 7612 7613 7614 7615 7616 7617 7618 7619 7620 7621 7622 7623 7624 7625 ... 33368 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26386582 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:22:26 PM

http://online.wsj.com/articles/portugal-mulls-banco-espirito-santo-recapitalization-1407078624?mod=WSJ_LatestHeadlines

in other news....

Huge timebombs just waiting to go off in more than one place atm...

How long can they plug the leaks?

How long until this is systemic?

bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:38:16 PM

http://online.wsj.com/articles/portugal-mulls-banco-espirito-santo-recapitalization-1407078624?mod=WSJ_LatestHeadlines

in other news....

Longer than any of us think.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:48:22 PM

in other news....

Hmmm... you would hope so...  but I rather think that is still sooner than some think...to some degree the wheels are already in motion... just waiting for the chips to fall...

Can only kick that can down the road for so long...

Portugal
Italy
Greece
Spain

(and others in the Eurozone)

Are all in the shit.

So are Bulgaria

So are Argentina

and they are just the ones on the brink of the next wave of shit..

There are other even bigger problems brewing away underneath in several other places... (not to mention the US (and others) still seem to be on a debt suicide mission, with zero sign of changing course)

This cannot help long term confidence in the bond market.. there is already pressue on the bond markets in more ways than one..  one new big problem could lead to contagion and bingo it is systemic before you can say Bear Stearns.

Coupled with the QE scenarios , either QE to infinity nor tapering look that attractive

There is only so long that the can , can be kicked down the road... they are barely in control now... what happens if when fate throws a curve ball into the mix?

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:50:24 PM

Taking all factors (political, financial, rationality, greed, etc.) into consideration, I predict BTC will hit a high of $950 in 2015 and settle at about $750.

I predict your prediction to be wrong.

+1 "The Force is strong in this one..."
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10290

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:53:52 PM

Taking all factors (political, financial, rationality, greed, etc.) into consideration, I predict BTC will hit a high of $950 in 2015 and settle at about $750.

This prediction would seem more probably if it were directed towards 2014.... Even I have my doubts about whales/manipulators being able to keep BTC prices as low as the prediction in 2014, but they would have a hell of a time keeping us from having a new ath - once BTC prices surpass $850.... which could happen this year.  ONce BTC prices get past 850, the new ATH is all over, and then we are likely to have BTC prices move into the $3k to $5k territory...

New ATH may NOT happen until 2015...  but it is certainly NOT out of the question for 2014, either...
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:55:53 PM

+1 "The Force is strong in this one..."

: )

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:59:53 PM

Explanation
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:07:18 PM

http://youtu.be/d-_DuWWPvKg  
Published on 22 Oct 2013

VERY Interesting interview with R Kurzweil .. also there is a brief bit about Bitcoin and there is some discussion of decentralisation.

Bitcoin @ 4 minutes and 11 minutes  

whole vid is good though.

Exponential perspective.

Anyone watch the video?
drez

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:13:22 PM

So  I'm thinking either a 20 point buy bump  or another 580 retest in the next 2 hours?  Which way?  I lean bump,  but it's hard to say.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:14:49 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 04:28:15 PM by hdbuck

in other news....
Hmmm... you would hope so...  but I rather think that is still sooner than some think...to some degree the wheels are already in motion... just waiting for the chips to fall...
Portugal
Italy
Greece
Spain
(and others in the Eurozone) >FRANCE is in deep shit too ^^
Are all in the shit.
So are Bulgaria
So are Argentina
There are other even bigger problems brewing away underneath in several other places... (not to mention the US (and others) still seem to be on a debt suicide mission, with zero sign of changing course)
This cannot help long term confidence in the bond market.. there is already pressue on the bond markets in more ways than one..  one new big problem could lead to contagion and bingo it is systemic before you can say Bear Stearns.
Coupled with the QE scenarios , either QE to infinity nor tapering look that attractive
There is only so long that the can , can be kicked down the road... they are barely in control now... what happens if when fate throws a curve ball into the mix?

I'm 100% with you regarding all this shit but I dont think it's about to hit the fan.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:15:53 PM

in other news....

Portugal
Italy
Greece
Spain

Are all in the shit.

So are Bulgaria

So are Argentina

Sunday Thoughts:

The 'system' is essentially chaotic and too complex to not have an infinite number of 'curve balls' coming at it - all the time.   It is also fragile.

However most of the power in the world has no interest in a huge systemic collapse, so in the short term it is unlikely to happen.

In the long term, you're right it cannot survive as it stands. Therefore it adapts, or catastrophically fails.

Currently it is a holed ship with each of the seamen being relied upon to patch the holes next to them, and if necessary calling for help from others from time to time.

However, it is not robust enough to survive the circumstances of an extreme storm and storms do (and will) hit from time to time.

Sure, Bitcoin will survive - but at the moment it still interfaces with fiat money systems (people buy and sell it with fiat) and works with existing ways of exchanging goods and services as a 'alternative and better' transfer of value system.   It does still need to grow alongside the system, though.  

In a total catastrophic collapse of the financial system, Bitcoin may not be ready to help.  However, if the ship sinks slowly and parts of it fail enough to reduce confidence in fiat money, but not all fail, this will be the ideal scenario (for Bitcoin).

We just need patience.   The ship is getting more and more holes - but we do not want it sinking entirely with all the sailors drowning, as we would go down with it.
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:19:40 PM

So  I'm thinking either a 20 point buy bump  or another 580 retest in the next 2 hours?  Which way?  I lean bump,  but it's hard to say.

The 580 seems bloody obvious. We are supported by a breeze of thin air as I type
drez

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:22:33 PM

The 580 seems bloody obvious. We are supported by a breeze of thin air as I type

That's why I lean for a buy bump.  The retest looks too obvious.  I'm thinking a pull down halfway to 580 and then a small rocket up to 598  to set up a 600 skirmish.

phatsphere

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:24:26 PM

in other news....

it's basically all about protecting france.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:28:11 PM

Does anyone else think this recent dip was caused by people getting bored of waiting for a rally?  I am sure there were many people who needed to sell coins at the start of July but were hesitant to do so in case the rally did actually happen.  Now that it has not happened, people have no qualms about selling Bitcoin for the fiat they need?
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:30:06 PM

in other news....
Hmmm... you would hope so...  but I rather think that is still sooner than some think...to some degree the wheels are already in motion... just waiting for the chips to fall...
Portugal
Italy
Greece
Spain
Are all in the shit.
So are Bulgaria
So are Argentina
This cannot help long term confidence in the bond market.. there is already pressue on the bond markets in more ways than one..  one new big problem could lead to contagion and bingo it is systemic before you can say Bear Stearns.

I'm 100% with you regarding all this shit but I dont think it's about to hit the fan.

It is often when sentiment is high...even too high that trouble is around the corner

That being said "about to" is a hard one to call...

But there is a fear of a domino effect... and the house of cards can only be propped up so long..  

My fear is with the information we have at the moment, and bearing in mind that the ECB does NOT have the money to bail out the Eurozone..
that it may seem like we can keep this all propped up at the moment, with the current data... I am worried about the event that comes out of nowhere and gives the house of cards that little nudge that it needs to begin to collapse... when it happens, because it is not if, but when.. then I fear ,  that the fear of contagion, would be enough to give it that second little push it needs to start to really bring the house down..

Point is I am not so sure of them foundations ... it would not even need a perfect storm at this point... just an excessive gust....

Where and when that comes who knows.... it could come out of the left field, and by that I mean the east.... and it maybe soon, and by soon I mean anytime from now to next few years...

But one thing is for sure... cycles and another thing is for sure... all that shit under the rug, is still there even though it is brushed out of sight...

Timewise who knows 100% , though that sentiment chart is interesting.

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:31:48 PM

in other news....

it's basically all about protecting france.

How long will the Germans play? and by play I mean Pay.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:36:19 PM

Published on 22 Oct 2013

VERY Interesting interview with R Kurzweil .. also there is a brief bit about Bitcoin and there is some discussion of decentralisation.

Exponential perspective.

Anyone watch the video?
Check out all the jewelry and the broach Kurzweil is wearing, they are all DMLS 3D printed from shapeays.

I agree in part with what he says but his ego is eroding his authority.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:37:45 PM

Published on 22 Oct 2013

Exponential perspective.

Anyone watch the video?
Check out all the jewelry and the broach Kurzweil is wearing, they are all DMLS 3D printed from shapeays.

I agree in part with what he says but his ego is eroding his authority.

Indeed... but even if 25% of it goes the way he thinks...  hold onto your sanity... because it is going to be a wild ride!

(ha ha talking of his ego- one of his ambitions is to bring his father back to life...)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:41:47 PM

in other news....
Hmmm... you would hope so...  but I rather think that is still sooner than some think...to some degree the wheels are already in motion... just waiting for the chips to fall...
Portugal
Italy
Greece
Spain
Are all in the shit.
So are Bulgaria
So are Argentina
This cannot help long term confidence in the bond market.. there is already pressue on the bond markets in more ways than one..  one new big problem could lead to contagion and bingo it is systemic before you can say Bear Stearns.

It is often when sentiment is high...even too high that trouble is around the corner

That being said "about to" is a hard one to call...
But there is a fear of a domino effect... and the house of cards can only be propped up so long.. 
My fear is with the information we have at the moment, and bearing in mind that the ECB does NOT have the money to bail out the Eurozone..
that it may seem like we can keep this all propped up at the moment, with the current data... I am worried about the event that comes out of nowhere and gives the house of cards that little nudge that it needs to begin to collapse... when it happens, because it is not if, but when.. then I fear ,  that the fear of contagion, would be enough to give it that second little push it needs to start to really bring the house down..
Point is I am not so sure of them foundations ... it would not even need a perfect storm at this point... just an excessive gust....
Where and when that comes who knows.... it could come out of the left field, and by that I mean the east.... and it maybe soon, and by soon I mean anytime from now to next few years...
But one thing is for sure... cycles and another thing is for sure... all that shit under the rug, is still there even though it is brushed out of sight...
Timewise who knows 100% , though that sentiment chart is interesting.

very nice graph this PE model Smiley
so there is no doubt the occidental system is approaching the end of its cycle. we had pax romana, then pax britania and currently pax america. what comes next? pax technologica? ^^
Pages: « 1 ... 7525 7526 7527 7528 7529 7530 7531 7532 7533 7534 7535 7536 7537 7538 7539 7540 7541 7542 7543 7544 7545 7546 7547 7548 7549 7550 7551 7552 7553 7554 7555 7556 7557 7558 7559 7560 7561 7562 7563 7564 7565 7566 7567 7568 7569 7570 7571 7572 7573 7574 [7575] 7576 7577 7578 7579 7580 7581 7582 7583 7584 7585 7586 7587 7588 7589 7590 7591 7592 7593 7594 7595 7596 7597 7598 7599 7600 7601 7602 7603 7604 7605 7606 7607 7608 7609 7610 7611 7612 7613 7614 7615 7616 7617 7618 7619 7620 7621 7622 7623 7624 7625 ... 33368 »
  Print  

Jump to: