May 17, 2024, 02:53:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7572 7573 7574 7575 7576 7577 7578 7579 7580 7581 7582 7583 7584 7585 7586 7587 7588 7589 7590 7591 7592 7593 7594 7595 7596 7597 7598 7599 7600 7601 7602 7603 7604 7605 7606 7607 7608 7609 7610 7611 7612 7613 7614 7615 7616 7617 7618 7619 7620 7621 [7622] 7623 7624 7625 7626 7627 7628 7629 7630 7631 7632 7633 7634 7635 7636 7637 7638 7639 7640 7641 7642 7643 7644 7645 7646 7647 7648 7649 7650 7651 7652 7653 7654 7655 7656 7657 7658 7659 7660 7661 7662 7663 7664 7665 7666 7667 7668 7669 7670 7671 7672 ... 33357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26384261 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:49:38 PM

Bitstamp aka bearstamp aka manipulation central seems to be the only exchange without huge bid walls.

Go figure.

Why would they need huge bid walls when they've got ask walls?  Grin Grin
I'm quite surprised, we've actually accomplished to go above $590 again. But hey, tomorrow's dump-friday, so don't get yourselves too comfortable up here!
Walsoraj

Activity: 686

Ultranode

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:53:47 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723392.0

Interesting. Stamp using two banks now. Based on post #8, the former bank, unicredit, may have stopped taking deposits. This partially explains why total bid sum is recovering slower than in the past. I.e., no new deposits and some traders withdrawing from unicredit while they still can.

Looks like unicredit wants to end its relationship with Stamp. How long will the new banking relationship with Raiffeisen last?
That bank change is something rather positive in my view. A step in the right direction.
Why? Because it greatly reduces bitstamps exposure to US regulations.
Any bank (or any other company for that matter) which has a branch in the USA can have its assets there taken "hostage" until full compliance with us law is achieved. Raiffeisen on the other hand does not have a branch there and is an "old player" with a very good standing in europe and especially the east.
Already now you would choose Raiffeisen if you for instance wanted to trade with partners in any country which is under US sanctions.
Apart from that Raiffeisen practically "owns" Austria Wink

To my knowledge, there's no evidence for the statement that Raiffeisen will "replace" Unicredit Slovenia. On my own account, I'm still transferring fiat to Unicredit. To me it looks more like they're teaming up with a second bank, perhaps as a safeguard measure. Nope. Looks like I'm Raiffeisen as well now. Maybe there's something to it, and they're being dumped by Unicredit. Would really prefer if someone from Bitstamp would address this change of banks openly.

Get your fiat out while you still can.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1777

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:59:51 PM

Explanation
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:02:44 PM

wonder if this is a payday rally.  i get my payday via ACH tonight, most by Friday morning.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:03:12 PM

Not too bad of a day so far for both BTC and LTC...it would be nice to see both build back a little momentum Smiley

LTC will go nowhere imo. Maybe shortterm, but longterm its dead.
fallinglantern

Activity: 260
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:04:19 PM

wonder if this is a payday rally.  i get my payday via ACH tonight, most by Friday morning.

ah, but funding to exchanges isn't instantaneous. I'm still waiting for fiat to arrive at the exchange.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:06:54 PM

ah, but funding to exchanges isn't instantaneous. I'm still waiting for fiat to arrive at the exchange.

Unless it's Circle. Then it is instantaneous.
HerrAndreas

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:10:14 PM

Interesting. Stamp using two banks now. Based on post #8, the former bank, unicredit, may have stopped taking deposits. This partially explains why total bid sum is recovering slower than in the past. I.e., no new deposits and some traders withdrawing from unicredit while they still can.

Looks like unicredit wants to end its relationship with Stamp. How long will the new banking relationship with Raiffeisen last?
That bank change is something rather positive in my view. A step in the right direction.
Any bank (or any other company for that matter) which has a branch in the USA can have its assets there taken "hostage" until full compliance with us law is achieved. Raiffeisen on the other hand does not have a branch there and is an "old player" with a very good standing in europe and especially the east.
Already now you would choose Raiffeisen if you for instance wanted to trade with partners in any country which is under US sanctions.

To my knowledge, there's no evidence for the statement that Raiffeisen will "replace" Unicredit Slovenia. On my own account, I'm still transferring fiat to Unicredit. To me it looks more like they're teaming up with a second bank, perhaps as a safeguard measure. Nope. Looks like I'm Raiffeisen as well now. Maybe there's something to it, and they're being dumped by Unicredit. Would really prefer if someone from Bitstamp would address this change of banks openly.

Get your fiat out while you still can.
Sure an official bitstamp statement is needed most in a situation like this, but I don´t see any reason to panic.
...and I was in no way implying that anything fishy was going on.
You don´t need to be a bad person or company to want to do business with someone living in a country the US does not like (greetings to my friends in russia and ukraine (both parts) btw!).

-and unicredit is anyway not really the best bank around (anyone remember the times when stamp deposits got frozen on the way in until you answered those lovely questions? If that did not come from unicredit and their fear of US regulations...)...
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:10:26 PM

Not too bad of a day so far for both BTC and LTC...it would be nice to see both build back a little momentum Smiley

could be. although it could also be quite amusing to see the inflow of bitcoin noobs getting on board at the next bubble and having that great idea to also buy some "bitcoin's silver"..  
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:16:23 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 09:28:05 PM by mmitech

they changed it for me as well, what a disappointment, I use Unicredit bank as my personal bank and all transactions to/from bitstamp are proceeded the same day at max the next day, even Nejc doesn't seem to answer to my messages anymore, I've heard that he is no longer living in Slovenia, someone told me he lives in the Netherlands (I cant confirm I didnt talk to him for months). although the offices of bitstamp seems to be still here in Slovenia...

HerrAndreas

Activity: 212

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:21:50 PM

But haven't they operated on an EU licence all along (a German one if I remember correctly). They are located in eastern Europe or England, aren't they?? I guess there are sill enough bitcoin-friendly or at least bitcoin-tolerating banks in the EU they can choose!
As far as I know they are registered in the UK and are operating out of Slovenia (which is less eastern and more southern from my point of view;).
My personal guess is btw that unicredit, well...just was unicredit, they lost already a bunch of customers (including myself and some friends company accounts) due to a wonderful combination of arrogance and incompetence and high fees.
Walsoraj

Ultranode

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:25:38 PM

Writing is on the wall. Get out now. Eventually fiat withdrawals will stop. Coinbase won't be an option by that time, as they rely on Stamp.
Dump3er

Activity: 1386
Merit: 535

Cashback 15%

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:31:58 PM

Writing is on the wall. Get out now. Eventually fiat withdrawals will stop. Coinbase won't be an option by that time, as they rely on Stamp.

God dam good FUDster! Respect!
gotmilk_

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:33:53 PM

they changed it for me as well, what a disappointment, I use Unicredit bank as my personal bank and all transactions to/from bitstamp are proceeded the same day at max the next day, even Nejc doesn't seem to answer to my messages anymore, I've heard that he is no longer living in Slovenia, someone told me he lives in the Netherlands (I cant confirm I didnt talk to him for months). although the offices of bitstamp seems to be still here in Slovenia...

I'm really glad they changed the bank! Unicredit is a shity bank who is afraid of crypto. Exemple: my company had business account at unicredit for 3 months and then i got a call that i need to close it down because my company has a crypto related business...

+ Raiffeisen is way more stable bank as Unicredit Slovenia.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:38:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/go7ZrmX.png

I'm really glad they changed the bank! Unicredit is a shity bank who is afraid of crypto. Exemple: my company had business account at unicredit for 3 months and then i got a call that i need to close it down because my company has a crypto related business...

it works for me and it worked for them perfectly for 3 years, so I am really curious what is behind this change....  
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:40:12 PM

I think it is only a matter of time before one of the large banks (i.e. Wells Fargo, Chase, etc.), takes the jump and starts openly supporting BTC.

They are considering it believe me...my financial advisor is good friends with one of the higher money managers over at Wells, and he showed me the internal memo with their research on BTC...they are all closely watching the development and adoption
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:43:26 PM

IIRC they have / had personal connections with the bank high employees and I can't see a problem, all these are just FUDsters spreading their shit. They said they still have both banks and it's rather good than bad.
Walsoraj

Ultranode

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:51:00 PM

^ They don't have both banks if only one accepts deposits.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:52:20 PM

it's likely you are right, but so far LTC is the best after bitcoin. in the future, if bitcoin becomes more mainstream and all the transactions slow down the blockchain, i could see litecoin building some steam.
BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:58:00 PM

it's likely you are right, but so far LTC is the best after bitcoin. in the future, if bitcoin becomes more mainstream and all the transactions slow down the blockchain, i could see litecoin building some steam.

bwaaaahahahah  Cheesy   ^ i just laughed at that
Pages: « 1 ... 7572 7573 7574 7575 7576 7577 7578 7579 7580 7581 7582 7583 7584 7585 7586 7587 7588 7589 7590 7591 7592 7593 7594 7595 7596 7597 7598 7599 7600 7601 7602 7603 7604 7605 7606 7607 7608 7609 7610 7611 7612 7613 7614 7615 7616 7617 7618 7619 7620 7621 [7622] 7623 7624 7625 7626 7627 7628 7629 7630 7631 7632 7633 7634 7635 7636 7637 7638 7639 7640 7641 7642 7643 7644 7645 7646 7647 7648 7649 7650 7651 7652 7653 7654 7655 7656 7657 7658 7659 7660 7661 7662 7663 7664 7665 7666 7667 7668 7669 7670 7671 7672 ... 33357 »
  Print  

Jump to: