May 01, 2024, 11:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17818 17819 17820 17821 17822 17823 17824 17825 17826 17827 17828 17829 17830 17831 17832 17833 17834 17835 17836 17837 17838 17839 17840 17841 17842 17843 17844 17845 17846 17847 17848 17849 17850 17851 17852 17853 17854 17855 17856 17857 17858 17859 17860 17861 17862 17863 17864 17865 17866 17867 [17868] 17869 17870 17871 17872 17873 17874 17875 17876 17877 17878 17879 17880 17881 17882 17883 17884 17885 17886 17887 17888 17889 17890 17891 17892 17893 17894 17895 17896 17897 17898 17899 17900 17901 17902 17903 17904 17905 17906 17907 17908 17909 17910 17911 17912 17913 17914 17915 17916 17917 17918 ... 33313 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370583 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
drbrockcoin

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

For your listening pleasure, Fuck World Trade!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:58:04 PM

BULLISH for BTC? Either way fuck you Trump

https://imgur.com/tL7Jzqj

hmm dont know how to show images here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:16:39 PM

Breaking News:

Even Cristiano Ronaldo is now mining crypto currencies !!!!

Just visit http://www.cristianoronaldo.com/ and pay attention to your cpu workload.

ROFL.

highly doubt Renaldeo (or wtf his name is) knows how to code miner infected web page script.
more than likely his  IT team stealing Monero (wild guess) cpu cycles  from the less than intelligent fan base .
sneaky little bastards! ..

hmmmm...    well goddamn thats ingenious! I gotta get me a website like that!
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:40:23 PM

To split your coins
On BTC chain you have some coins in address (A), you send your coins to another address you own (B), and include a further special recipient address 3Bit1xA4apyzgmFNT2k8Pvnd6zb6TnwcTi  to whom you send a few satoshis. (You have to use send to many option in your wallet, to send them at once).
Any transactions that contain this special address will be ignored by 2X miners.
Once this is successful, you will have your BTC in an address(B) you own.

IIUC, I would not employ this mechanism for my coins. The part that I have underlined seems to require full faith in what the miners will do. You have no a priori method of knowing whether that address will 'be ignored' by any miner.

Yes, it's a policy, miners could ignore the policy and include the transaction.

No, this is not correct. Transactions to that address are will be considered invalid by 2x nodes & miners; A block containing them would be invalid and not be built upon.

Only by miners that agree to implement this, and do not renege. What guarantee do you have that this will be the case? For that matter, what guarantee do you have that someone does not know the private key corresponding to this address?

I'm just trying to point out that there is at least one alternative method that a transaction originator can use to split their coins, which does not suffer these drawbacks.

As I understand this. Block that contains transaction with recipient 3Bit1xA4apyzgmFNT2k8Pvnd6zb6TnwcTi is INVALID in Segwit2x and will be rejected. Segwit2x will not accept block that contains transaction using 3Bit1xA4apyzgmFNT2k8Pvnd6zb6TnwcTi
babanana

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:02:08 AM

Wow. This is a good problem. I sold at $4300 and plan to buy back at lower price but look. BTC is holding. Congrats to all of us.  Smiley

What you gonna do?

Better buy back in soon!

I'll let it sit there for a while(a month) and if BTC goes parabolic i'll move it to tether-alts pair then go back to btc. 160btc is not big.

Buying back to btc is a no-go. Its a straight loss on you.
But still congrats to all. BTC support is slightly stronger this time. I assume not just one big buyer/dumper controlling the market. Maybe more like me, small in amount but several or more of active buyers/traders.

happy Hodling.  Grin
babanana

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:12:23 AM

Breaking News:

Even Cristiano Ronaldo is now mining crypto currencies !!!!

Just visit http://www.cristianoronaldo.com/ and pay attention to your cpu workload.

ROFL.

highly doubt Renaldeo (or wtf his name is) knows how to code miner infected web page script.
more than likely his  IT team stealing Monero (wild guess) cpu cycles  from the less than intelligent fan base .
sneaky little bastards! ..

hmmmm...    well goddamn thats ingenious! I gotta get me a website like that!

Just add adblocker.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:42:44 AM

Banks are fleeing catalonia. Today it has been Sabadell -moves HQ to Alicante-. Tomorrow Caixabank decides if it activates its contingency plan and moves to Baleares.

Maybe next week Cataluña leaves the EUR and adopt Bitcoin? Bullish! Smiley
LewisPirenne

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:01:18 AM

Banks are fleeing catalonia. Today it has been Sabadell -moves HQ to Alicante-. Tomorrow Caixabank decides if it activates its contingency plan and moves to Baleares.

Isn't Baleares filled with tourists and across the sea?  How are they going to serve the local clients from across the sea?
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:07:28 AM

Isn't Baleares filled with tourists and across the sea?  How are they going to serve the local clients from across the sea?

We are talking about the Headquarters. They have branch offices all over Spain. I am sure branch offices in catalonia will stay, at least atm.

It is just that they fear a bank run (CaixaBank has lost more than 4 billions in client deposits just in the past three days).

As soon as both banks announced they were about to decide the move they started a recovery.
LewisPirenne

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:12:59 AM

Isn't Baleares filled with tourists and across the sea?  How are they going to serve the local clients from across the sea?

We are talking about the Headquarters. They have branch offices all over Spain.

It is just that they fear a bank run (CaixaBank has lost more than 4 billions in client deposits just in the past three days).

As soon as both banks announced they were about to decide the move they started a recovery.

Any Cataluña local affiliated banks?  It would be funny if there is a bank run when people don't know what currency they are going to use tomorrow (EUR or new ccy?), and Banco de España / ECB refuse to extend liquidity to regional banks.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:17:48 AM

I don't see it as a good alternative to ads. Malware is malware, plain and simple.

I agree almost nothing can be worse than annoying autoplaying flash videos with audio. It's one of the worst forms of malware.

I've tried to avoid autoplaying videos by not upgrading my flash player so that Firefox doesn't start it automatically and I have to manually allow it to start. This often helps but many ads still autostart.

Another annoyance is videos that re-position themselves on-screen when you mute the sound and scroll them out of sight.

I suppose advertising does serve a purpose in that it lets you know what products to boycott, but at times it gets so infuriating that I want to actively badmouth the products.

Does anyone know of a good ad blocker that targets this annoying malware?

Jimbo

ABP

NoScript

I have not seen an online ad in like 4 years man, do yourself a favor.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:19:50 AM

Any Cataluña local affiliated banks?  It would be funny if there is a bank run when people don't know what currency they are going to use tomorrow (EUR or new ccy?), and Banco de España / ECB refuse to extend liquidity to regional banks.

Banco de Sabadell and Caixa have historically been the main "regional" Catalonian banks. Nowadays they depend more on clients all over Spain though.

Yes, I think the lack of liquidity provided by BDE/ECB has been also a major consideration in the move. They can't risk bankruptcy so it is the only logical step.
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 01:59:50 AM

Jimbo

ABP

NoScript

Jimbo: and I would add Ghostery.  https://www.ghostery.com/  Whitelist your favorite places, carry on.
Punisher1314

Activity: 63

Smaller fishes can be younger but also smart ;p

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:04:36 AM

Banco de Sabadell and Caixa have historically been the main "regional" Catalonian banks. Nowadays they depend more on clients all over Spain though.

Yes, I think the lack of liquidity provided by BDE/ECB has been also a major consideration in the move. They can't risk bankruptcy so it is the only logical step.

Not so funny.. I have my bank account with Lacaixa, but luckily i dont like to have too much money in the bank account because this shit can happen, but my parents have their lifesavings and saving plans there... I really hope Lacaixa move out from here tomorrow, nobody have to risk their money because stupid politics.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 02:06:27 AM

Jimbo

ABP

NoScript

Jimbo: and I would add Ghostery.  https://www.ghostery.com/  Whitelist your favorite places, carry on.

Just use the Brave browser. That is all built in to the browser.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:15:10 AM

If there are 7 billion people in the world, then 1% would be 70 million using bitcoin in some kind of way... Are we even close to that?  

Obviously not. It would take about 280 days to make 70 million transactions on today's Bitcoin Core. Over a month on Bitcoin Cash, which is still too long, but nearly an order of magnitude better. Because big blocks.

... and because abnormal block production rate due to fickle difficulty adjusting mechanisms. Let's tell it all.

But I have a question for you, or whoever else may be able to answer:

I'm just trying to point out that there is at least one alternative method that a transaction originator can use to split their coins, which does not suffer these drawbacks.

(Namely, including coins from a post-fork transaction in the "splitting" transaction. Can't find jbreher's other post for a proper quote.)

Apart from a coinbase transaction, which outputs would qualify? In other words, can a simple guy set up such a splitting transaction without access to a freshly mined block?

bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:25:09 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 02:39:07 AM by bitserve

Any Cataluña local affiliated banks?  It would be funny if there is a bank run when people don't know what currency they are going to use tomorrow (EUR or new ccy?), and Banco de España / ECB refuse to extend liquidity to regional banks.

Not so funny.. I have my bank account with Lacaixa, but luckily i dont like to have too much money in the bank account because this shit can happen, but my parents have their lifesavings and saving plans there... I really hope Lacaixa move out from here tomorrow, nobody have to risk their money because stupid politics.

I wouldn't worry too much. Everything indicates they will formally approve the move tomorrow... for some reason Caixa stocks price had a significant recovery today (damn insiders).
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:10:50 AM

Only by miners that agree to implement this, and do not renege. What guarantee do you have that this will be the case? For that matter, what guarantee do you have that someone does not know the private key corresponding to this address?

The miners that don't agree to this, would not be on SegWit2X. There is no private key for this address, but the redeem script has been published, so anyone can spend whatever is there.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:15:48 AM

I mean really.... Can you at least agree that we are somewhere on the lower end of a fraction of a percentage of world adoption, and just imagine first of all getting to a point of 1% adoption might take some time. 

The important vision is ubiquity of Bitcoin. As for me, I am working toward that vision.

It is NOT an "important vision."  You are suggesting some kind of phenomenon "ubiguity of bitcoin" which is NOT even close to being close to being a reality - and acting as if it were some kind of pressing concern - merely because you are "working towards that vision."  Maybe, someday, you will be able to recognize the difference between the here and now and what is imminent and what is 30 years from now without conflating them to be the same thing?  Someday?  Perhaps?

If there are 7 billion people in the world, then 1% would be 70 million using bitcoin in some kind of way... Are we even close to that? 

Obviously not. It would take about 280 days to make 70 million transactions on today's Bitcoin Core. Over a month on Bitcoin Cash, which is still too long, but nearly an order of magnitude better. Because big blocks.

O.k. say anything that you like in order to argue that bcash is supposedly superior, but at least 1% is a more realistic aspiration.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:21:48 AM

... and because abnormal block production rate due to fickle difficulty adjusting mechanisms. Let's tell it all.

But I have a question for you, or whoever else may be able to answer:

(Namely, including coins from a post-fork transaction in the "splitting" transaction. Can't find jbreher's other post for a proper quote.)

Apart from a coinbase transaction, which outputs would qualify? In other words, can a simple guy set up such a splitting transaction without access to a freshly mined block?

Any descendant transaction would also be valid.  An exchange could split all their coins once they have access to a single UTXO that is unique to one chain.  There will likely be services (and exchanges) that accept a dual transaction to a single address (valid on both chains), and then either send you or credit your account with split coins.
xfaqs01

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:35:40 AM

what are the wallets or exchanges that supports the bitcoin chain split? anyone?
Pages: « 1 ... 17818 17819 17820 17821 17822 17823 17824 17825 17826 17827 17828 17829 17830 17831 17832 17833 17834 17835 17836 17837 17838 17839 17840 17841 17842 17843 17844 17845 17846 17847 17848 17849 17850 17851 17852 17853 17854 17855 17856 17857 17858 17859 17860 17861 17862 17863 17864 17865 17866 17867 [17868] 17869 17870 17871 17872 17873 17874 17875 17876 17877 17878 17879 17880 17881 17882 17883 17884 17885 17886 17887 17888 17889 17890 17891 17892 17893 17894 17895 17896 17897 17898 17899 17900 17901 17902 17903 17904 17905 17906 17907 17908 17909 17910 17911 17912 17913 17914 17915 17916 17917 17918 ... 33313 »
  Print  

Jump to: