May 03, 2024, 12:00:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17806 17807 17808 17809 17810 17811 17812 17813 17814 17815 17816 17817 17818 17819 17820 17821 17822 17823 17824 17825 17826 17827 17828 17829 17830 17831 17832 17833 17834 17835 17836 17837 17838 17839 17840 17841 17842 17843 17844 17845 17846 17847 17848 17849 17850 17851 17852 17853 17854 17855 [17856] 17857 17858 17859 17860 17861 17862 17863 17864 17865 17866 17867 17868 17869 17870 17871 17872 17873 17874 17875 17876 17877 17878 17879 17880 17881 17882 17883 17884 17885 17886 17887 17888 17889 17890 17891 17892 17893 17894 17895 17896 17897 17898 17899 17900 17901 17902 17903 17904 17905 17906 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371118 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:54:10 PM

ILEGAL firearms (I think owning full auto is illegal in USA)

The story is that the weapons were legally purchased semi-auto rifles and he used a bumpstock.

This does jive with the MSM video, where the cycle rate, while clearly too fast for individual trigger pulls, is really too slow for true automatic fire.

I have seen nothing so far to suggest that the alleged 32nd floor shooter used illegally obtained or full auto weapons.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:01:08 PM

(I think owning full auto is illegal in USA)

Popular misconception. There is no federal prohibition upon private citizens owning full auto weapons.

The NFA of 1934 was the first federal gun law (save for a ban on sending handguns though US Mail). It made ownership of full auto weapons subject to a $200 tax (at the time, several times the cost of a typical such weapon), fingerprints on file, and sign-off by local law enforcement officer. The federal picture on ownership of full auto weapons is statutorily pretty similar today. Of course many peripheral laws have been passed that make such ownership less and less practical.

What states do is somewhat different. I assume Nevada allows such, but I really have no reason to look it up. I think they are legal in the majority of states.

edit: Ever wonder why federal gun laws are enforced by a division of the US Treasury? Picture 1934. Prohibition has been just been repealed. Depression is in full swing. What to do with legions of jackboots on the federal payrolls who have just had their reason for being on the payroll repealed? Obviously politically unpalatable to just lay them off (I guess the term at the time would have unapologetically been 'fired'). Why not create an entirely new reason for these revenuers to be on the payroll? Hence, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. Who cares if a few fringe gun owners get hurt in the process? It serves the greater good, donchaknow.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:05:00 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Down a couple of benjamins I see, but over a third of the way back... currently $4300USD/$5378CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Most alts also down... AltCash currently at $399USD/$499CAD (Coinmarketcap).

I don't see any immediate reason for this strange dip but it's not that deep, certainly not worth buying. We're basically back to where we were the day before yesterday. Strange stuff.

Yup, really strange stuff happening with Ethereum, Monero, ETC too. Constantly going down but bitcoin is sustaining pretty good.

But hey, its time to buy some ETC/ETH/XMR, they can't go more down!

Altcoins are going down because of the sell pressure of the big investors, they want to accumulate BTC, so they can get a free airdrop from BTCgold....  Roll Eyes

LOL, so there's something called BTC Gold coming up now? You've gotta be kidding me, I didn't know about that all.

I didn't even completely extract my bitcoin cash off from my bitcoin wallets... Now I'll be getting BTC Gold too? I literally am not interested in such pathetic trash! Cry

I am also new to this one, first time hearing of it. But if you say you are not interested in it, don't you thing that I might grow and you would be left behind?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:25:43 PM

kinda slow, aren't ya?

really ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wgcOsTY1iY
yermom

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:59:13 PM

hmmmmm

Could be misdirection, but videos are surfacing that look like there was an M249 operating from the 4th floor.

wow, I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about

https://www.facebook.com/thepeoplesvoicetv/videos/988094561337985/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtlEb3jcttM

Definitely not "from the 32nd floor" narrative like the MSM and police continue to push.  Wink

Agree another false flag. Second (only?) shooter on the 4th floor. Classic CIA stuff here. Oswell?

Now I know why I've always felt like an outsider here. It's because you're all lunatics.

No offence. Smiley

Linking this sentiment with my BTC experience, since I started on BTC a couple of years ago.
It cost me a lot to "join the community". But sincerely I have many doubts to be solved, sometimes felt "afraid" of asking because people detect "attacks, FUD or whatever". I wish people could have an argument without being so disrespectful.
I'm with neither side into this story, as much as I wouldn't vote Trump nor Hillary if I were US citizen. Spain is the same but softer. NEVER voted two main parties because they are a JOKE since I have conciousness. Polarizing everything
It's not a policy matter, lefts or rights, capitalism, communism. We are ALIVE into this planet, we should care about LIFE and being prosperous, and demonstrate if we are as intelligent as we think we are. Money is NOTHING. FREEDOM and how it works, on the other hand, is our lesson.
In any case, I'm not gonna wait for the future. I'm going to add as much as I can, and I feel limitless right now, don't care about evil agents, I'm gonna die anyway.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:11:03 PM

hmmmmm

Could be misdirection, but videos are surfacing that look like there was an M249 operating from the 4th floor.

wow, I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about

https://www.facebook.com/thepeoplesvoicetv/videos/988094561337985/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtlEb3jcttM

Definitely not "from the 32nd floor" narrative like the MSM and police continue to push.  Wink

Agree another false flag. Second (only?) shooter on the 4th floor. Classic CIA stuff here. Oswell?

Now I know why I've always felt like an outsider here. It's because you're all lunatics.

No offence. Smiley

Their theory actually makes sense! Smiley .. But those poor suckers that got shot can't do anything anyway! Maybe they can just buy some more bitcoin and force their local businesses to accept bitcoin and use less or accept less dollars, or even increase prices in paper dollars then "bitcoin dollars". Prices in paper dollars should be 25% more expensive than in their digital bitcoin form. Grin  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

Businesses should give a 25% - 50% discount for people that pay them with bitcoin. Smiley

And tax the paper in the same time, to make it burn!!! Smiley

Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:12:13 PM

Because events like this unfold, I protest the root of it by supporting something better. BTC
To me it feels like the only solid recourse I have to fight with outside of speaking to others what I see.
Bitcoin is more deadly than guns for the 1% and if we succeed, it will be because enough see it the same way.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:22:12 PM

Because events like this unfold, I protest the root of it by supporting something better. BTC
To me it feels like the only solid recourse I have to fight with outside of speaking to others what I see.
Bitcoin is more deadly than guns for the 1% and if we succeed, it will be because enough see it the same way.

Look at you grasping to make a bitcoin connection.... Cheesy  hahahahahaha  Roll Eyes    Tongue
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:22:41 PM

Amen! I just don't want to play the same old game. Wondering what is and isn't government manipulation, or if the means could ever justify their "end".

I am not really paranoid or care much for the charade upon charade of politics (especially US). I just want my books, a sailboat and financial freedom.

thoughts and prayers though, of course of course
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:39:00 PM

Look at you grasping to make a bitcoin connection.... Cheesy  hahahahahaha  Roll Eyes    Tongue

Not really,  I honestly believe bitcoin can be/ is a powerful weapon. I think its very existence is directly related to the moves deep state makes and has made towards totalitarianism.   
ragnar0k

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:40:14 PM

Bought gold for the first time...
Man this thing moves in matrix bullet mode compared to bitcoin, I've developed ADHD
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:02:42 PM

Look at you grasping to make a bitcoin connection.... Cheesy  hahahahahaha  Roll Eyes    Tongue

Not really,  I honestly believe bitcoin can be/ is a powerful weapon. I think its very existence is directly related to the moves deep state makes and has made towards totalitarianism.    

I believe exactly this as well. Issuance of money is power and control. Give the power and control of voluntary money back to the people where it belongs, and the elitist oligarchy that rules over the old system has to either learn to play by the same rules, or eventually lose control entirely and crumble.

If Bitcoin were not a threat to the old money system, then the world's banking elite wouldn't even bother commenting on it.... almost at a monthly rate now.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:06:36 PM

Bought gold for the first time...
Man this thing moves in matrix bullet mode compared to bitcoin, I've developed ADHD

What goodie did you get?

If I ever want to have fun shooting serious guns, I'll go out to Vegas and hook up with a bunch of ex-military/soldier-of-fortune types, while plinking at 12" steel plates out of a BMG .50 in the desert at 250 yards.

Good luck with that in the future. I'm sure now after this Vegas incident, the State will make sure that is made more difficult or possibly illegal moving forward.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:22:26 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 11:45:23 PM by Torque

Also, you don't need to practice much for shooting into a 1km square full of people (20.000+) from 300m distance with a full auto. Just the basics of the gun functions, reloading (which btw took him a very long time), etc.... No need to really aim beyond an instinct orientation into the mass of people.

So the official story, confirmed from multiple MSM news sites, is that people heard off and on firing for about 10 minutes (give or take).

Not an hour of firing, not 30 mins, not 15 mins. Maybe 10 minutes of off and on firing, with long pauses in between. And then dead silence.

Then the MSM news confirms that he killed 59 people and injured another 527. That's 586 people that he supposedly shot in that 10 minute time frame.

Well, just do the math on that. He would have had to have hit a person, on average, once every second or every other second. And had near 99% accuracy on full auto. Using a bump fire auto (notoriously inaccurate). From 300 yards away. And fired continuously, non-stop, no reloading and no pausing. And no switching weapons, or going to a different window. By a guy that had no military background and wasn't known to even own a gun, much less 30+ guns.

I mean.... really? Are they fkn kidding me? Do they think that we are so stupid that we can't do simple math now?

We see video where people clearly aren't dropping like flies, with bullets whizzing by, missing people, etc. Somebody is lying their asses off.

We circle back to the fact that the recent shooting was perpetrated by illegally acquired and modified firearms.

Fact... illegally acquired and modified firearms. Told to you as fact by whom? The MSM? The police? SMH
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:23:57 PM

(I think owning full auto is illegal in USA)

Popular misconception. There is no federal prohibition upon private citizens owning full auto weapons.

The NFA of 1934 was the first federal gun law (save for a ban on sending handguns though US Mail). It made ownership of full auto weapons subject to a $200 tax (at the time, several times the cost of a typical such weapon), fingerprints on file, and sign-off by local law enforcement officer. The federal picture on ownership of full auto weapons is statutorily pretty similar today. Of course many peripheral laws have been passed that make such ownership less and less practical.

What states do is somewhat different. I assume Nevada allows such, but I really have no reason to look it up. I think they are legal in the majority of states.

edit: Ever wonder why federal gun laws are enforced by a division of the US Treasury? Picture 1934. Prohibition has been just been repealed. Depression is in full swing. What to do with legions of jackboots on the federal payrolls who have just had their reason for being on the payroll repealed? Obviously politically unpalatable to just lay them off (I guess the term at the time would have unapologetically been 'fired'). Why not create an entirely new reason for these revenuers to be on the payroll? Hence, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. Who cares if a few fringe gun owners get hurt in the process? It serves the greater good, donchaknow.

Yeah, Maybe they are legal in Nevada. It's the only place I have ever fired a full auto (an UZI) in "The Gun Store" IIRC. But I thought that maybe as a licensed business they were alllowed and not individuals. Interesting to know that any individual is able to get a license... even though that for mass-murdering you don't really need to care about licenses or anything and it is way better to just buy it on the black market.

Anyway, $200 is nothing. I have to pay more for my licenses in Spain and I am not allowed to carry them except in certain circumstances plus many other legal requirements. And of course no full auto, no silencers, no nothing. Oh and I had to invest in a CLass III safe, among many other things.

Now just think that $200 (per year) in Spain means way more than in the USA if the median salaries are taken into account.

You guys in the USA are lucky in the firearms regulations you have.... I don't know if that facilitates more crimes or not though. It's none my business to argue about it.

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:35:55 PM

When is the hardfork? And is it like the previous one? That I need to transfer from exchange to wallet?

November. Coinbase will probably be forced to support it right away. It's their mess.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/73v4nm/charlie_lee_how_coinbase_and_other_exchanges_will/

Quote from: coblee
Coinbase is forced to support both forks at the time of the hardfork and need to let the market decide which is the real Bitcoin.

Yeah, I stopped reading at 'forced to support'. So has the fascism around Bitcoin already started? 'Forced to support' new forks that are potentially harmful? Anyone can create a fork, so it doesn't mean you need to support every single one of them that comes along. It doesn't mean that 'they' can ram it down our throats and we just have to live with it. That's complete bullshit.

How about the Bitcoin economic majority are 'forced to support' their sorry asses right out of business by never using their services again?

Vote with your money and your feet.

Edit: And if anyone in Bitcoin believes that all this constant 'forking' is completely normal behavior in order to improve Bitcoin, they are delusional. It is being done to attempt to divide the community and eventually derail/topple Bitcoin. Nothing more and nothing less. Their goal is to de-value and marginalize Bitcoin completely. The proof in what I'm saying will be when we get passed Nov and into next year, and yet there will be talk of more and more future forks. No existing chain will ever be good enough, even though the system we have now is working perfectly fine (actually better than fine) for all the actors involved.

We'll dump them all for BTC
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:44:10 PM

There are no other cryptocurrencies that matter. Zcash is already on it's second fork fwiw. As for the spam attacks, we already know our own hired goons are responsible.

Yes, but you have to understand that existing Bitcoin users are not necessarily their target. The target of their confusion tactics are mainly Average Joe newbies thinking about buying bitcoin for the first time, that are completely unaware of Bitcoin's sordid history and bad actors. These are the same people currently reading and believing all those negative MSM Bitcoin articles.

Their goal is to slow down or completely derail Bitcoin adoption. And they think the unwashed masses are easily swayed, which history has proven to be true.

Exactly.  I can see a gazillion people paying "bargain" prices for BTC only to find they got tricked into BCH or BTCGold or some other non-Bitcoin crap* instead.

*Bitcoin Cash is neither Bitcoin nor cash: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068349.msg20648531#msg20648531

Do I need to start a new thread about BTC Gold?

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:46:09 PM

Also, you don't need to practice much for shooting into a 1km square full of people (20.000+) from 300m distance with a full auto. Just the basics of the gun functions, reloading (which btw took him a very long time), etc.... No need to really aim beyond an instinct orientation into the mass of people.

So the official story, confirmed from multiple MSM sites, is that people heard off and on firing for about 10 minutes (give or take).

Not an hour of firing, not 30 mins, not 15 mins. Maybe 10 minutes of off and on firing, with long pauses. And then dead silence.

Then the MSM confirms that he killed 59 people and injured another 527. That's 586 people that he supposedly shot in that 10 minute time frame.

Well, just do the math on that. He would have had to have hit a person, on average, once every second or every other second. And had near 99.9% accuracy on full auto. From 300 yards away. And fired continuously, non-stop, no reloading and no pausing. And no switching weapons, or going to a different window.

I mean.... really? Are they fkn kidding me? Do they think that we are so stupid that we can't do simple math now?

We see video where people clearly aren't dropping like flies, with bullets whizzing by, missing people, etc. Somebody is lying their asses off.

I think I said I would not be following up on this thing unless new evidence found -besides it is offtopic here... is that means anything-. But out of respect to you:

No need to believe the MSM. If you watch several of the videos that have been published by independent sources you can exactly calculate how many shots were fired. There is no discrepancy on the videos. The audio of them all show the same.

I haven't calculated them, but on a estimation I would say several hundreds at least. Yes, on 10 minutes with long delays between reloadings or whatever.

NOw you take those several hundreds shots against the mass of people. Take into account that 20.000+ persons confined in that space means at least half of the bullets would hit a body part, the other to the ground (and probably ricocheting with smaller power considering the angle). So it is not that hard to assume that you get 50 deadly shots. 500? Noone said there were 500 injured by bullets. You get people coming to the hospitals with anxiety attacks, injured in the stampede of people, stepped by other people, etc etc...

Yes, I do agree from the audio of the videos that maybe more than half of the bullets stroke the ground and not people. The acute sound you hear is bullets striking the place, the basser/muffled sound is the one coming directly from the firearm in the distance. So yes, probably more than half of the bullets hit the ground.... but still there are enough to produce the deaths and injuries reported.

As I said, when more detailed information comes out maybe I would think otherwise, but what we have now I don't see a discrepancy.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:47:22 PM

Look at you grasping to make a bitcoin connection.... :

Nevertheless, Icygreen is right on this one.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:52:13 PM

So it is not that hard to assume that you get 50 deadly shots. 500? Noone said there were 500 injured by bullets. You get people coming to the hospitals with anxiety attacks, injured in the stampede of people, stepped by other people, etc etc...

Yes I agree that an attacker(s) could have shot and killed 59 people in that timeframe. But the MSM is clearly implying that 527 other people were injured by the attackers bullets as well. They are not clarifying that statement at all. In fact, they are implying that so many people are in the hospital from gunshot wound injuries, that they need blood donors by the truckload.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/las-vegas-shooting-blood-donation-lines-strech-blocks-n806876

Anyway: I'm done with this topic. Back to Bitcoin discussion.
Pages: « 1 ... 17806 17807 17808 17809 17810 17811 17812 17813 17814 17815 17816 17817 17818 17819 17820 17821 17822 17823 17824 17825 17826 17827 17828 17829 17830 17831 17832 17833 17834 17835 17836 17837 17838 17839 17840 17841 17842 17843 17844 17845 17846 17847 17848 17849 17850 17851 17852 17853 17854 17855 [17856] 17857 17858 17859 17860 17861 17862 17863 17864 17865 17866 17867 17868 17869 17870 17871 17872 17873 17874 17875 17876 17877 17878 17879 17880 17881 17882 17883 17884 17885 17886 17887 17888 17889 17890 17891 17892 17893 17894 17895 17896 17897 17898 17899 17900 17901 17902 17903 17904 17905 17906 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: