May 02, 2024, 12:15:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17776 17777 17778 17779 17780 17781 17782 17783 17784 17785 17786 17787 17788 17789 17790 17791 17792 17793 17794 17795 17796 17797 17798 17799 17800 17801 17802 17803 17804 17805 17806 17807 17808 17809 17810 17811 17812 17813 17814 17815 17816 17817 17818 17819 17820 17821 17822 17823 17824 17825 [17826] 17827 17828 17829 17830 17831 17832 17833 17834 17835 17836 17837 17838 17839 17840 17841 17842 17843 17844 17845 17846 17847 17848 17849 17850 17851 17852 17853 17854 17855 17856 17857 17858 17859 17860 17861 17862 17863 17864 17865 17866 17867 17868 17869 17870 17871 17872 17873 17874 17875 17876 ... 33313 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370612 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:24:17 PM

I think Segwit2x has majority 90-95% of hashpower. It will be solved very quickly :-)

and 0% of full node to keep or accept the 2Mb Block size ...  Roll Eyes
Miners can not force node to "change" of software.

Why do you think, there will be not full nodes with Segwit2X ?  It is few lines of code to change limit from 1MB to 2 MB

• It's not 1MB to 2MB. It's more like ~4MB to ~8MB.
  • You have to know WHICH lines of code need changing, and change them right. And figure out the technical consequences. The developer(s?) on the 2x Team don't seem to be able to tell the keyboard from the screen. And the team don't seem to care much about censorship resistance, either.
  • Node operators, besides trusting the 2x Team to do the right thing technically, must be WANTING to take that step. I, for one, am not.

But I see you're a legendary member, so you know all this. You trollin' me, man?

I'm not trolling you. I'm software developer with 20 years of experience. I'm writing code for the banks and I can guarantate you, I can add few lines of code and bitcoin core will be supporting Segwit2x within 1 hour.  

Oh my?  We got our answer.  This particular one has "experience," and that is what distinguishes this one from the other FUD spreading trolls.... hahahahaha... and probably this one has "real world" experience, not just that made up internet magic stuffs.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes       Cheesy

What is your problem ?
 - Do you think I do not have 20 years experience in programing ?
 - Do you think I do not live in "real world " ?

Who is "we got your answer" -> it is "you" ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Odalv
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:28:17 PM

I think Segwit2x has majority 90-95% of hashpower. It will be solved very quickly :-)

and 0% of full node to keep or accept the 2Mb Block size ...  Roll Eyes

Why do you think, there will be not full nodes with Segwit2X ?  It is few lines of code to change limit from 1MB to 2 MB

• You have to know WHICH lines of code need changing, and change them right. And figure out the technical consequences. The developer(s?) on the 2x Team don't seem to be able to tell the keyboard from the screen. And the team don't seem to care much about censorship resistance, either.
  • Node operators, besides trusting the 2x Team to do the right thing technically, must be WANTING to take that step. I, for one, am not.

But I see you're a legendary member, so you know all this. You trollin' me, man?

I'm not trolling you. I'm software developer with 20 years of experience. I'm writing code for the banks and I can guarantate you, I can add few lines of code and bitcoin core will be supporting Segwit2x within 1 hour.  

This is not just about code change, the changes are reasonably trivial, and you are right 1 hour to change the code, a few hours to review and some time for others to check maybe a week or two, some testing on the test chain looking at propagation speed and other implications of the bigger blocks, maybe a month or two, a mechanism so everyone running a current bitcoin version can change their code to run bigger blocks, once enough people are signalling we can begin the change, a lock-in period,  etc... say a few more months at minimum.

If you want to do a hard fork safely and properly it isn't a 1 hour job!!!!

We don't currently need a block size increase.
And everyone knows we don't currently need a block size increase, this is a power grab, its about sacking the Core development team, and replacing it with.... with.... another ready to go team, but who they are is currently unknown.

I agree. I like current development team. I will not replace them. ... I only know that the next stage is Segwit 2x
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:34:40 PM

When I wrote "You have to know WHICH lines of code... bla bla...", I didn't mean YOU-Odalv. I meant YOU-developer-for-2x-Team (which I assume you aren't), and those developer(s?) (more than one? Really?) don't seem to be terribly skilled, according to the few who were able to peek into their github mess before they made it private. So nothing personal with you.

BTW, 20 years developing for banks doesn't necessarily mean anything. Many banks still have their old dinosaur system written in Cobol. No, not your banks. OK. From your words, I suppose you must use more recent programming languages, such as C++, so you are indeed able to tweak bitcoind, allright. Whatever.

However, Mr. Average Bitcoiner doesn't really agree much with the politics and rationale of the 2x fork. He's afraid of China. He's afraid of censorship from his own government. He's afraid he won't be able to run a node any longer because of bandwidth and memory requirements. He likes his SegWit, he waits for the Lightning Network to see what it can deliver.

But let us assume Mr. Average Bitcoiner agrees with 2x. He doesn't care about censorship or centralization. He hates SW. For some very good reason, he hopes LN fails miserably. Whatever. Do you think Mr. A.B. will be so eager to install node software signed by Odalv - even with all these slightly unlikely assumptions?
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:35:49 PM

I agree. I like current development team. I will not replace them. ... I only know that the next stage is Segwit 2x

There was a list of tweets yesterday, with screen grabs from some of the most significant Bitcoin Core developers, where each one said they would refuse to work on 2x, they will probably quit Bitcoin altogether. (sorry I don't have the reference).
ragnar0k

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:41:13 PM

and 0% of full node to keep or accept the 2Mb Block size ...  Roll Eyes

When I wrote "You have to know WHICH lines of code... bla bla...", I didn't mean YOU-Odalv. I meant YOU-developer-for-2x-Team (which I assume you aren't), and those developer(s?) (more than one? Really?) don't seem to be terribly skilled, according to the few who were able to peek into their github mess before they made it private. So nothing personal with you.

BTW, 20 years developing for banks doesn't necessarily mean anything. Many banks still have their old dinosaur system written in Cobol. No, not your banks. OK. From your words, I suppose you must use more recent programming languages, such as C++, so you are indeed able to tweak bitcoind, allright. Whatever.

However, Mr. Average Bitcoiner doesn't really agree much with the politics and rationale of the 2x fork. He's afraid of China. He's afraid of censorship from his own government. He's afraid he won't be able to run a node any longer because of bandwidth and memory requirements. He likes his SegWit, he waits for the Lightning Network to see what it can deliver.

But let us assume Mr. Average Bitcoiner agrees with 2x. He doesn't care about censorship or centralization. He hates SW. For some very good reason, he hopes LN fails miserably. Whatever. Do you think Mr. A.B. will be so eager to install node software signed by Odalv - even with all these slightly unlikely assumptions?

Haven't looked at the SW2x code, but if Odalv was really working in a bank, he would know pushing code in a bank means n days development, UAT, business test, documentation, release management, business acceptance and blah blah. Defo not a 2hr work - I would say months - and from what I've read documentation and transparency are lacking a bit in the 2x code
Odalv
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:46:46 PM

I'm not writing code for banks for 20 years. (I'm developer with 20 years of experience, ... now I'm witing code for banks)
I'm not bitcoin software developer nor 2x developer. I'm only telling you what is possible. ( I'm HODLER) :-)
Odalv
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:50:45 PM

There was a list of tweets yesterday, with screen grabs from some of the most significant Bitcoin Core developers, where each one said they would refuse to work on 2x, they will probably quit Bitcoin altogether. (sorry I don't have the reference).

I think, if SIDECHAINS is not working then we must increase block size limit. ... I'm big FAN of SIDECHAIN.
If sobedody do  not trust bitcion then he his free to dump them all.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:51:37 PM

Oh my?  We got our answer.  This particular one has "experience," and that is what distinguishes this one from the other FUD spreading trolls.... hahahahaha... and probably this one has "real world" experience, not just that made up internet magic stuffs.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes       Cheesy

What is your problem ?

I don't gots no problems.

Life is good.  We have a quasi-unexpected upwards price bump, and surely I consider our current $4200-ish price is still within a kind of consolidation range; however, it seems to be getting towards the top of such consolidation range (earlier, I had estimated such consolidation range to be approximately $3400 to $4300), and whoaza.. seemingly better than expected, and possibly could be a sign that we may be breaking to the upside, perhaps?

So yeah, some banker shill jobs, such as you, come in with a bit of desperation and spreading "simplified" nonsense "solutions" ...  So, that really is not a problem, because it is kind of expected, but I doubt that WO participants are going to let you just spew your nonsense without some kind of attempt to get to you to explain yourself... maybe to figure out if we just have a misunderstanding or maybe you are as retarded as your spouted ideas of simple solutions?  perhaps?

Who knows and who cares, and is it relevant?  Why do you feel some need to assert that?  Probably you feel a need to spout your supposed credentials because you are trying to play off of the naive in your spouting out nonsensical ideas and you are asserting "credentials" because even you, in your nonsense, likely realize that your ideas, in themselves, are not going to be very convincing unless you spout out some supposed credentials.   Roll Eyes

You could be bot.     Tongue Tongue

I am merely referring to a common theme that you seem to have with your brethren trolls (get yourselves coordinated!  fuck!!!  you don't even know what your brethren trolls are doing?).  Anyhow, the common referred to theme is your supposed "experience" talking point.....   hhhahahahahahahaha  NOT 
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2071

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:55:45 PM

$4200 Smiley
Odalv
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:59:26 PM

What is your problem ?

I don't gots no problems.

Life is good.  We have a quasi-unexpected upwards price bump, and surely I consider our current $4200-ish price is still within a kind of consolidation range; however, it seems to be getting towards the top of such consolidation range (earlier, I had estimated such consolidation range to be approximately $3400 to $4300), and whoaza.. seemingly better than expected, and possibly could be a sign that we may be breaking to the upside, perhaps?

So yeah, some banker shill jobs, such as you, come in with a bit of desperation and spreading "simplified" nonsense "solutions" ...  So, that really is not a problem, because it is kind of expected, but I doubt that WO participants are going to let you just spew your nonsense without some kind of attempt to get to you to explain yourself... maybe to figure out if we just have a misunderstanding or maybe you are as retarded as your spouted ideas of simple solutions?  perhaps?

Who knows and who cares, and is it relevant?  Why do you feel some need to assert that?  Probably you feel a need to spout your supposed credentials because you are trying to play off of the naive in your spouting out nonsensical ideas and you are asserting "credentials" because even you, in your nonsense, likely realize that your ideas, in themselves, are not going to be very convincing unless you spout out some supposed credentials.   Roll Eyes

I am merely referring to a common theme that you seem to have with your brethren trolls (get yourselves coordinated!  fuck!!!  you don't even know what your brethren trolls are doing?).  Anyhow, the common referred to theme is your supposed "experience" talking point.....   hhhahahahahahahaha  NOT 
I'm not a bot.
Take it as a fact.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12027

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:03:07 PM

END list, good luck!

19/9 rayx12     Sad
24/9 kidbitter*  Sad
25/9 binaryreign* Sad
26/9 player99 Sad
27/9 xhomerx10 Sad
28/9 khufuking
29/9 jhayzxenon*
30/9 yermom
01/10 teamtarp*
02/10 bitchick *
03/10 ^BuTcH^
04/10 minermannc
05/10 punisher1314*
06/10 jimbo Toronto*
07/10 player514*
09/10 Oinas*
10/10 bikerlezno*     LAST WINNER
11/10 ted e. bare
12/10 harrymmmm*
13/10 cryptoqueeen*
14/10 bitcoinaire*
15/10 ludwigvon*
16/10 BitchicksHusband*
17/10 shroomskit_disgrace
18/10 dakustaking76
19/10 birobob*
20/10 leowonderful
21/10 paashaas
22/10 cmacwiz*
23/10 spaceman_spiff_original*
24/10 colonel panic
25/10 soullyG
26/10 weltmaster*
27/10 vroom
28/10 entons*
29/10 roombot*
30/10 notme*
31/10 twocorn
01/11 YamashitaRen
02/11 orpington
03/11 Haciendo*
04/11 lilloboy
05/11 jojo69*
06/11 d_eddie*
07/11 empowering*
08/11 northyplole*
09/11 podyx*
10/11 u9y42*
11/11 starving_marvin
12/11 sirazimuth*
13/11 dotto*
14/11 hazukison*
15/11 organic*
16/11 Heater*
17/11 foxygoxy*
18/11 600watt
19/11 arriemoller
20/11 drbrockcoin*
21/11 icygreen*
22/11 rakessh
23/11 erisdiscordia
24/11 oblox*
25/11 mfort312*
26/11 globbo*
27/11 lfc_bitcoin
28/11 conspirosphere.tk*
29/11 rjclarck2000
30/11 last of the v8s *
01/12 newworldcoiner*
02/12 souspeed*
03/12 jaapgvk
04/12 sgk*
05/12 fluidjax
07/12 free-bit.co.in
08/12 imbatman
09/12 yonton
10/12 fragout*
11/12 itod
12/12 lontonbit*
13/12 CistaCista
14/12 cAPSLOCK
15/12 philivey
16/12 marcus_of_augustus*
17/12 mattimann
18/12 coincube*
21/12 2dogs
24/12 bones261*
25/12 mndan
26/12 karatma1*
28/12 deathangel*
30/12 erre
31/12 elwar
01/01/2018 lewis pirenne*
02/01/2018 addressed*
03/01/2018 bathy
05/01/2018 bitcoin psycho
06/01/2018 chowhan
07/01/2018 fabiorem*
18/01/2018 raja_mbz*
22/01/2018 _javi_
26/01/2018 kurious*
28/01/2018 steelboy*
29/01/2018 alcohodl
01/02/2018 cristitcm
18/02/2018 in the silence
20/04/2018 fractal universe*
15/03/2018 Carl85
15/05/2018 oldtimegin*
15/06/2018 samson
16/08/2018 samarkand
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:13:43 PM

So I met some little people today. Smaller than my 7 year old nephew, but otherwise fully adult. They were nice, had an hour long chat.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:28:07 PM

It's not 1MB to 2MB. It's more like ~4MB to ~8MB.

orly? What percentage of blocks since SegWit activation have been 4MB?

The developer(s?) on the 2x Team don't seem to be able to tell the keyboard from the screen.

You're gonna go with that? You realize jgarzik is the lead btc1 dev, right? He's contributed more to Bitcoin than have most core devs and most blockstream devs. Not to mention his huge contributions to Linux before Bitcoin even existed. Your contributions for comparison?

And the team don't seem to care much about censorship resistance, either.

Bald assertion lacking supporting evidence.

Node operators, besides trusting the 2x Team to do the right thing technically, must be WANTING to take that step. I, for one, am not.

You're free not to take that step. Careful you don't end up standing exposed in the vast minority. Cold out there.

You trollin' me, man?
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:37:39 PM

That belies a lack of belief in what they are doing. If they are so cock-sure that they are in the right, why would they not continue on developing their minority fork? After all, if they are right, the world will certainly catch up after some time.

In all my years of dev'ing, I have frequently run across situations where the devs though the users 'just didn't understand', while the users thought the devs 'just didn't understand'. Nearly universally, it has been the devs that were in the wrong. For in the end, it is the users that choose what they will accept.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:50:37 PM

Guys can we talk about little people instead of programming shit that none of us have any influence over anyway?
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:51:57 PM

It's not 1MB to 2MB. It's more like ~4MB to ~8MB.

orly? What percentage of blocks since SegWit activation have been 4MB?

The developer(s?) on the 2x Team don't seem to be able to tell the keyboard from the screen.

You're gonna go with that? You realize jgarzik is the lead btc1 dev, right? He's contributed more to Bitcoin than have most core devs and most blockstream devs. Not to mention his huge contributions to Linux before Bitcoin even existed. Your contributions for comparison?

And the team don't seem to care much about censorship resistance, either.

Bald assertion lacking supporting evidence.

Node operators, besides trusting the 2x Team to do the right thing technically, must be WANTING to take that step. I, for one, am not.

You're free not to take that step. Careful you don't end up standing exposed in the vast minority. Cold out there.

You trollin' me, man?

You two, cool down a bit, look up "Sarah Shahi", and look at 4200, and lean back, and it all becomes relativ, outta sudden!

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:54:19 PM

Seems resistance at $4400 is the only immediate thing on the horizon before we hit $5000. We've been bound to have a breakout soon either way with all the resistance and dumping we've been having in the past few days and weeks. $4300 may be possible tonight if we get a quick buy up of coins. Keep HODLing, friends. Smiley
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:55:52 PM

it ain't happening man
Heater

Activity: 403
Merit: 360

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:26:55 AM

Guys can we talk about little people instead of programming shit that none of us have any influence over anyway?
Any videos to share?  Tongue
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:28:20 AM

I'm not a bot.
Take it as a fact.

I agree.  You must not be a bot, unless you are programmed badly, because "a" bot would have read my sentence correctly, which was:  "You could be bot.   Tongue  Tongue"...
Pages: « 1 ... 17776 17777 17778 17779 17780 17781 17782 17783 17784 17785 17786 17787 17788 17789 17790 17791 17792 17793 17794 17795 17796 17797 17798 17799 17800 17801 17802 17803 17804 17805 17806 17807 17808 17809 17810 17811 17812 17813 17814 17815 17816 17817 17818 17819 17820 17821 17822 17823 17824 17825 [17826] 17827 17828 17829 17830 17831 17832 17833 17834 17835 17836 17837 17838 17839 17840 17841 17842 17843 17844 17845 17846 17847 17848 17849 17850 17851 17852 17853 17854 17855 17856 17857 17858 17859 17860 17861 17862 17863 17864 17865 17866 17867 17868 17869 17870 17871 17872 17873 17874 17875 17876 ... 33313 »
  Print  

Jump to: