April 28, 2024, 06:35:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 [30853] 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 30898 30899 30900 30901 30902 30903 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368957 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 07:49:35 PM

Listen bitch, explaining something in a few words as possible , distilling the message down, to its purest form is indeed a skill which walks hand in hand with understanding of the subject matter.

Does that somehow render longer form media as useless ? of course not.

They are two different things.

My point was, that JJ often, cannot distil his gibberish down into a succinct format, and that is somewhat to do with his love of his own ranting, but also, because he struggles to condense information down into a agreeable format, and thus he loses much of his audience through exhaustion or confusion.... or irritation, and no that is not because people have short attention spans, it is because rambling bullshit using 5000 words where 50 would have done, is fucking annoying, and shows a lack of understanding, and respect,  of the subject matter, and the audience.

Comparing Nietzsche to JJ , is fucking retarded.

That is very well said. Short and Understandable like it is talked about in the very post.

Nah.
Let's assume i'm an expert in growing weed.
Boiling it down, i'd tell somebody: "You give the plant a controlled environment to deliver the best result when consumed".
The thing is, any IDIOT can say that. Now where's the connection to knowing the matter in and out?
Right - there is none.
You can't conclude from A to B in that case.
Knowing the matter would make somebody able to explain in the very finest of detail AND also cut it short. Both of it.
So Einstein's statement has a hidden context, which is known to him, but not to the reader.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 07:54:24 PM

King Daddy may set up for a squeeze?

Actually, i could be right (this time).

Now, i have to leave. Wife needs some support, because her grandma died last night in hospital. No big loss, as she was a salty, toxic narcissist bitch. THe world (and herself) is better off without her, but all the sad atmosphere, created by many calling relatives over the day, made her fucking tired. OOM to the rescue  Cool

Have a good night.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 07:55:45 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2022, 08:38:35 PM by empowering

Listen bitch, explaining something in a few words as possible , distilling the message down, to its purest form is indeed a skill which walks hand in hand with understanding of the subject matter.

My point was, that JJ often, cannot distil his gibberish down into a succinct format, and that is somewhat to do with his love of his own ranting, but also, because he struggles to condense information down into a agreeable format, and thus he loses much of his audience through exhaustion or confusion.... or irritation, and no that is not because people have short attention spans, it is because rambling bullshit using 5000 words where 50 would have done, is fucking annoying, and shows a lack of understanding, and respect,  of the subject matter, and the audience.

That is very well said. Short and Understandable like it is talked about in the very post.

Nah.
Let's assume i'm an expert in growing weed.
Boiling it down, i'd tell somebody: "You give the plant a controlled environment to deliver the best result when consumed".
The thing is, any IDIOT can say that. Now where's the connection to knowing the matter in and out?
Right - there is none.
You can't conclude from A to B in that case.
Knowing the matter would make somebody able to explain in the very finest of detail AND also cut it short. Both of it.
So Einstein's statement has a hidden context, which is known to him, but not to the reader.

I never said condense it down to 5 words.

No need to go to a case of reductio ad absurdum....

I said 50 words instead of 5000, if 50 will suffice.

Obviously in JJ's case, he uses 5000 words where 50 would do.

In the case of the art of growing the weed,  more words would be warranted to get across the required information.  

It is about efficiency of language, efficiency of words, to convey a point or message... not about reducing the words per se.

Come on, you are not trying to even straight face tell me JJ is succinct in any way ? and that perhaps , with some editing, he couldn't actually be more efficient and consistent in the message he tries to convey?

Be fair

pps, also I never said that all information could be condensed to a few words...what I said is that, it is a skill to be able to do so, and do so successfully. Furthermore it usually takes a mastery of a subject matter, to be able to do so, in an effective manner, whereby you ARE imparting the relevant and required information, in a succinct a fashion as possible.... mostly, it is the masters of the craft, whatever it may be, that have that skill (and yes, if they were training a new master, maybe they would need to use more words)  
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 08:01:20 PM

Explanation
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 08:03:10 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4), Torque (1)

ps, sometimes long posts, writings, explanations are obviously warranted and welcome ...however, every time? a novel to say something that could be said in a few sentences ?

...and then this , frankly bizarre, ongoing, marathon back and forth ?

...I dunno, sometimes I wonder exactly how many sock puppets people have on this forum, and if half the conversations are one mad man talking to himself (I am kinda kidding)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 08:11:47 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2022, 08:40:41 PM by JayJuanGee

This jumped out at me at a glance:

[Edited to add extra warning for newbies:  My situation is overall worse than mindrust’s was, after he threw away his bitcoins.  He sold the bottom, and Bitcoin immediately rose after he dumped; but he sold for cash, so he had cash in hand.  He could have immediately re-bought something.  He didn’t; that was his damnfool choice.  In my case, Bitcoin went down after I lost my coins—and it is still below (on average, very far below) the price at which I lost them.  However, my coins were sold by a robot to repay debt—to repay debt, and to pay liquidation penalties.  

hahahaha..

Sounds like you are blaming the robot a little bit, even though I know that is not your intention.  Fucking robot(s).

I get your joke; it is amusing.  In all seriousness, however, there is an aspect of this which I only very briefly mentioned in one prior post.

I suffered liquidations right before my eyes, as I was trying to take corrective action to avert liquidation.  Cause:  Not-on-my-end software errors.  This includes not only fatal BTC liquidations, but also part of what got me trapped so badly to begin with:  In January, I lost a huge amount of equity from liquidations of two different altcoin leveraged long accounts, as I was futilely attempting to make deposits.  (It is fortunate that I refused to cross-margin those with BTC.)  That loss of assets drastically worsened my inability to unwind all of my positions without losing any BTC.

My famously big ego comes with a tendency to be self-critical.  I bend over backwards to take personal responsibility for my own decisions—such as the foolish decision to leverage my BTC.  So as for the beginning—not the end.  Objectively, there were causative factors in the actual liquidations that were not my fault, that were contributory to my losses.

Examining all the nitty-gritty details would probably be unproductive in WO.  In fairness to myself, after having beaten up on myself in so many posts about WHY, WHY DID I DO IT!?!?!, I do think that I should acknowledge in this discussion that there were other contributory factors.

For me—for my own sake—I should take a more balanced view of what happened.

For any newbies reading this, the relevant lesson is:  Not your keys, not your coins.  Once those coins are outside of your control, you could even lose them from screw-ups that are 100% not your fault.  Crying that it’s not your fault will not feel so good, when your coins are gone.

Will catch up here later (famous last words).

Don't fucking post that shit then - unless you are just asking for pain or some excuse to whine about someone not taking you seriously enough on the internet or not feeling your pain sufficientlly enough.. or not being sufficiently empathetic. or not even beleiving you.  

Do we really need to believe you ?  Are you attached to being believed?  

If you are attached to being believed and/or the framing of your matter, then probably you should not post it.. even if it is 100% true and even if you feel that you can provide 100% solid evidence in support of it.. To me, it seems that you could provide seemingly 100% solid evidence until you are blue in the face and sometimes people still will say that you are liying and so why do you want to put yourself into a situation in which you are attached to being believed or winning in regards to the framing or emphases of a topic?  

You can proclaim that you win on the framing and/or emphasis of a topic because you are the most knowledgeable about the topic, and only you know the details.. yet so fucking what.. right?  these are the interwebs. we (perhaps only yours truly) want to interact and not be told about how to feel or think, even if you believe that you are 100% correct.

and then sometimes, the more you insist upon the framing or the facts, then some people (perhaps even yours truly? I don't know) will not believe you becuase you are insisting on something that seems neither relevant or necessary?

So the question in front of us might not even be about the truth of the matter asserted but instead about relevance, necesity and if we want to continue to read about personally and emotionally ladened topics .and furthermore members in these parts have all kinds of differing opinions about relevance and necessity so sometimes they (am I talking about my lil selfie, here?)could give less than two shits if what you  are saying is true..  Truth does no necessqarily veto opinions about relevance and necesity and each person has a differenct opinion about relevanc e and necesity so we could arguye about that until we drop off the planet.. So why even go down that road. especially if you seem to be ongoingly emotionally attached to the framing of it?

Oh, and another thing, you can proclaim all that you like about you are motivated to help others as your justificaation for going into those kinds of details, and so that gets back to relevance and necesity - in which we can have differing opinions, and sure, you can be motivated to bring up toics that are unfavforable to yourself for benevolent reassons.. and none of us need to believe you about those kinds of suppo0sed good motives, either.. but you have a right to disagree and continue to bring it up.  That is your choice, so of course, in the end.. do whatever the fuck you want...   I am just saying that I am not going to be nice merely because you are requesting it... or providing details to justify the sadness, severity of your situation or nobility of your purpose to educate the poor peeps or to spread pro-bitcoin goodness throughout the world.

yes, fuck life is not fair.. and fuck there are a lot of injusices that come from a lot of angles.

On a personal level, there are also some things that I will not post on the internet because I am too emotionally attached to them in one way or another.. in essense too emotionally attached and I am not open to public comment on some of those areas in which I have a closed perspective and I am not willing to accept reframing or my position being laughed at..  or ridiculed.. I will not post in connection with those kinds of details.. .

Sure.. maybe that is just me?

Anyhow, I have a few bitcoin-related incidents that are from 5-ish years ago that I still cannot figure ways to disclose or describe.. and I am pretty sure that some of those kinds of details would be interesting and even helpful to other members for me to go over, but I just cannot bring myself to bring up or get into some of the details.. and I think that most of my reluctance and "don't go there" has to do with some of my personal/emotional attachment to how it is framed. .and there are some unfavoralbe facts in there too..  

Actually, a quite a few topics could be framed as being bitcoin related, especialy when we start to get into various ways that we have fucked up in life in financial ways. and maybe even various patterns in which we continue to fuck up but we might not want to talk about some of those topics because we might even know that we are fucking up in a kind of pattern of behavior but we cannot change the results that we continue to get and some of it might be our fault andsome of it might not.. but it also might not even be a good topic to bring up because of emotional attachment with the way that we choose to frame the topic... and our repeating to frame it is not necessarily going to get others to agree to our preferred way of framing even if we are 100% right about not being at fault ..blah blah blah..

Again.. do what you like.. but it just does not seem to be a great idea to present some subject matters and/or framing of the subject matter in which you are too emotionally attached to how the matter is framed..and surely it seems that you are too attached if you get mad because of others (including yours truly or whoever) who misframe your topic or even lack sympathy/empathy for your depticion of the actual facts to the extent that they are true, necessary or relevant.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 09:04:59 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 09:12:45 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2022, 09:22:46 PM by JayJuanGee

Basically, a thing you need to know: Juanita is a salty b!tch. I don't know why, but maybe He/sHe didn't sold any of the BTCiTcoin for so many years and keeps waiting. Or He/sHe sold and it was too low and is frustrated now. Or He/sHe is frustrated that is a paid shill for some Wallstreet Jouranal or some weird institutions in the game of 'media manipulation', also wants to be involved into crypto but He/She doesn't like the idea that He/sHe has to throw away the hard work money into communism when we bought at sub 200$.   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

I feel embarassed.  You really narrowed in upon "basically" what is going on.

Just look at this Development
This is the reason that WO and most BTC holders are Worst Sellers.
They know the power of BTC.

I agree with your overall point, but I have some difficulties with the factual representation of the current existence of 140 million users of bitcoin.

Maybe 1/3 of that?.. but might be getting into the one true scottsman fallacy in terms of how to define what is a "user of bitcoin."

Some calculations based on the prolific posting habits of JayJuanGee

Based on the profile of JJG he has made 25 491 posts to date at the time of this post.
With an estimated average word count of 400 words per post:
25 491 * 400 =  10 196 400 total words posted

Assuming an average typing speed of 40 words per minute:
10 196 400 / 40 =  254 910 minutes spend typing posts (Excludes time spent formatting posts and reading replies)
or 254 910 / 60 =  4 248.50 hours
or 4 248.50 / 24 = 177.02 days

JJG started posting on bitcointalk on 18 February 2014, or 3 047 days ago.
254 910 minutes / 3047 days = 83.66 minutes per day on average spent typing posts

A typical book has 300 words per page: The Bitcointalk book of JJG would be a monster at 10 196 400/400 = 25 491 pages long or 2.55 meters thick from front cover to back.

This is the definition of POW.

Nice try but not highly impressed 😁 Reason 400 Words and your assumption is Doubtful.

Impressed a little

Edited: By the way He is True Legend over here his contribution is appreciated

I am hoping someone can parse the data and calculate an average word count per post. It might be even more than 400, although he might have become more wordy as the price of bitcoin increased over the years. A chart of JJG average monthly word count compared to the deviation from the 200wma might be insightful.  Grin

1) Now I really feel bad.

Sucks to be me.

Cry Cry

By the way, I recall in the beginning of my forum membership, I had purposefully chosen not to post more than a certain quantity of posts per day or week or something like that.. but after a few months, I abandoned some of my self-imposed limitations.  I should have gone to med school.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

2) Seems like someone already did that word count thingie (within the past 6 months or so.. but currently my memory escapes me in regards to who did it), and I recall contesting the accuracy  of the word count based on my sometimes responding to the posts of others and including their text in my response. yet I thought that there may well have been some reasonable explanation and/or an accounting for that extra text (from others) too..
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 09:24:39 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1), JayJuanGee (1)

https://news.bitcoin.com/bis-says-crypto-weaknesses-have-materialized-following-market-sell-off/

You can't make this shit up...

BIS General Manager Agustin Carstens opined: “You just cannot defy gravity … At some point, you really have to face the music.”

Some of certainly have a harder time with gravity than others...

Weird Al, also has a hard time defying gravity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE

All jokes aside... I have a feeling they are in the middle of executing a plan to try to kill BTC.  It will be fun to see them lose.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 09:54:24 PM
Merited by empowering (1)

There is only one of me; and unlike Bitcoin, I am unforkable.  (Tried it; didn’t work.)

I'm sure some members here would not mind forking you, and I am not providing names.

[edited out]

You come off as a wee bit upset.

My point was, that JJ often, cannot distil his gibberish down into a succinct format, and that is somewhat to do with his love of his own ranting, but also, because he struggles to condense information down into a agreeable format, and thus he loses much of his audience through exhaustion or confusion.... or irritation, and no that is not because people have short attention spans, it is because rambling bullshit using 5000 words where 50 would have done, is fucking annoying, and shows a lack of understanding, and respect,  of the subject matter, and the audience.

No comment.

That was hilarious.

I'm thinking that D_W was aware of such ironies.

[edited  out]
Come on, you are not trying to even straight face tell me JJ is succinct in any way ? and that perhaps , with some editing, he couldn't actually be more efficient and consistent in the message he tries to convey?

In my dreams I am succinct. #justsaying

... it usually takes a mastery of a subject matter, to be able to do so, in an effective manner, whereby you ARE imparting the relevant and required information, in a succinct a fashion as possible.... mostly, it is the masters of the craft, whatever it may be, that have that skill (and yes, if they were training a new master, maybe they would need to use more words)  

Interesting point.  It seems that I am mostly writing for myself.. but not in the sense of just wanting to hear myself speak (as you mentioned earlier) - even though I understand how you could interpret it that way.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 10:04:55 PM

Explanation
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 10:07:45 PM
Merited by empowering (1)

...and then this , frankly bizarre, ongoing, marathon back and forth ?

What you do not understand, and Jay assuredly does not understand, is that in the course of my past few replies to him, I have been trying to extricate myself from some large parts of that discussion as gracefully as I can without frankly telling him to get bent.

...I dunno, sometimes I wonder exactly how many sock puppets people have on this forum,

I admit that when “JayJuanGee” suggested that “I” may be nullius, that was only disinformation for me to divert attention from my sockpuppet theatre between “Jay” and “death_wish”.  It was probably a mistake for “Jay” to be the first explicitly to proclaim the “nullius” theory:  It now raises suspicions.

I suppose I may as well admit to the JJG/DW sockpuppet show, since the charade was no match for ImThour’s IQ.

The point where this becomes very confusing is where “Jay” wonders if I am a dog or a cat.

and if half the conversations are one mad man talking to himself (I am kinda kidding)

I recall that nullius said similarly.  I could look around and find it in his prolific wall-of-words post history.  Are you nullius?

Listen bitch,
ps, much love thou bro, like.... #noFlame #jusSayin #Peace

That’s literally schizophrenic. Roll Eyes

“Literally”, not “clinically”.  The literal sense is “split mind”.  I am not accusing you of a mental disease.

I was not comparing Nietzsche to Jay.  I would not make that comparison.  I sometimes compare Nietzsche to myself.

I don’t know why you would wildly misread what I said as comparing Nietzsche to Jay.  I said that Nietzsche often wrote “aphoristically”...
Nietzsche wrote aphoristically,
...viz., that he wrote in short, poetic sayings pregnant with meaning.  For instance:

“He that writeth in blood and proverbs doth not want to be read, but learnt by heart.”  (“Wer in Blut und Sprüchen schreibt, der will nicht gelesen, sondern auswendig gelernt werden.”)

Do you see Jay writing anywhere aphoristically?

In the post to which you replied, I myself wrote aphoristically.  I believe that post was one of the best writings that I have ever made:  Succinct.  Meaningful.  Writ in blood and proverbs.  Not to be read:  To be learnt.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 10:11:13 PM

actually some amusing stuff

You made me laugh mate.... good on you.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 10:45:22 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (6)

BIS Says Crypto Weaknesses Have Materialized Following Market Sell-Off

Did he find them at the bottom of his trough?

Franctoshi

Activity: 784
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 10:51:00 PM

ps, sometimes long posts, writings, explanations are obviously warranted and welcome ...however, every time? a novel to say something that could be said in a few sentences ?

Lolz interesting discussion on going
I enjoy reading his post when making interesting point regardless of his Long verse and Sometime I used to doze off towards the bed time on the process of going through JJG's Post and trying to graps the general point because they're very long.... lolz  Wink
I think JJG If it involves a post that requires going into details for better understanding that's okay , but in the case of a post that is self explanatory it will make perfect sense if you go short and balance the equilibrium.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 11:03:28 PM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7770

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2022, 11:25:41 PM

looks like that fat pos pissed buddy off a bit and we are climbing again Grin
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2493

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 11:31:35 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

https://news.bitcoin.com/bis-says-crypto-weaknesses-have-materialized-following-market-sell-off/

You can't make this shit up...

BIS General Manager Agustin Carstens opined: “You just cannot defy gravity … At some point, you really have to face the music.”

Some of certainly have a harder time with gravity than others...

Weird Al, also has a hard time defying gravity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE

All jokes aside... I have a feeling they are in the middle of executing a plan to try to kill BTC.  It will be fun to see them lose.

Ironically how this lard ass gets his fat backside off the ground completely defies gravity.
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2022, 11:43:42 PM

Code:
~/Documents$ wc -w ./jjg1.txt 
1007 ./jjg1.txt
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2022, 12:04:59 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 [30853] 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 30898 30899 30900 30901 30902 30903 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: