April 28, 2024, 08:40:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 [30843] 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 08:02:04 PM

OT: Oh look, another WEF conspiracy theory becomes reality.

People already eat snails and sea "bugs" like shrimp. They eat filter feeders like crayfish and mussels, which feed on the dirtiest, nastiest shit ever. Are land bugs that much worse though?

The problem is that the food industry has an allowed "earthen" percentage for shit like cockroaches and rats and now that they are allowed a certain amount they have decided to use that for profits rather than the tolerance that was gifted to them.

exactly!
we probably eat some insects inadvertently, but I surely don't want to have an insect "dish".
A thought occurred: if we, humans, would kill most of the 'world' at some point, the surviving species would most likely be birds.
I recently found that grackles (prominent here, looking very intense) are actually fully omnivorous creatures. Seem to be quite 'smart' as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 08:03:28 PM

Explanation
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 08:13:10 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 08:25:51 PM

Bro got lyrical r@ped. I don't care what you and JJG think about someone's abilities.
Just shut the F up and clean the thread for others to enjoy. Enough of your "WHO WILL POST THE LONGER PARAGRAPHS" competition.
Quote from: ImThour’s personal text https://archive.ph/0Ivzt#selection-651.4-651.32
Low IQ Finds TA = Astrology

Low IQ finds words = difficult to read.

You're not the only Hi-Q on WO for sure, but the only one bragging. Hi-Q, as some of us here are gifted with, needs according ethics to meet the social responsability which comes with it. Don't you agree?

Have you read the post that you quoted? Roll Eyes

Save your lecture for ImThour.  He is asking for this:  His forum account personal text absurdly insults the IQ of anyone who sees TA for what it is.  In case he ever changes his personal text, I snapshotted it with archive(dot)ph to record the context of my posts on this subject.  See above—there can be no question of my intentions.

ImThour is textbook Dunning-Kruger, plus remarkably rude.  I am just rubbing it in his face that someone smart says he’s full of nonsense.  Turnabout is fair play.

I disagree with your opinion of ethics and social responsibility.  However, I think that bragging about one’s IQ is gauche—and it reveals that there is not much to brag about.  By analogy, from the perspective of those who are >= 4 S.D. above mean, those who habitually brag about being in MENSA (>= ~2 S.D.) are like parvenus:  They boast of their millions in the presence of billionaires.

Billionaires don’t brag about their own wealth.  And I must note, I did not speak of my own intelligence:  It speaks for itself.

Sometimes, billionaires must swat down an uppity millionaire—or perhaps in this case a wannabe-millionaire.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 08:36:03 PM

You're not the only Hi-Q on WO for sure, but the only one bragging. Hi-Q, as some of us here are gifted with, needs according ethics to meet the social responsability which comes with it. Don't you agree?

Have you read the post that you quoted? Roll Eyes

Save your lecture for ImThour.  He is asking for this:  His forum account personal text absurdly insults the IQ of anyone who sees TA for what it is.  He is textbook Dunning-Kruger, plus remarkably rude.  I am just rubbing it in his face that someone smart says he’s full of nonsense.  Turnabout is fair play.

I disagree with your opinion of ethics and social responsibility.  However, I think that bragging about one’s IQ is gauche—and it reveals that there is not much to brag about.  By analogy, from the perspective of those who are >= 4 S.D. above mean, those who habitually brag about being in MENSA (>= ~2 S.D.) are like parvenus:  They boast of their millions in the presence of billionaires.

Billionaires don’t show off being rich—except sometimes to swat down an uppity millionaire, or perhaps in this case a wannabe-millionaire.

Yeah.
You're not bragging directly, but "inverse" (repeatedly pointing at "low-IQ's"), as you used to do as your old avatar.
Following your example, like some richies constantly pointing at "low-earners" or "the poor".
Now you should know what i meant.

However, i respect any form of intelligence, but higher figures go along with responsibility, especially regarding humans, IMHO.

EDIT: Gotta run, tryin to catch some shots of the (famous) "north america nebula", as the cloudy sky seems to be clearing up RN.

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 08:50:20 PM

People already eat snails and sea "bugs" like shrimp. They eat filter feeders like crayfish and mussels, which feed on the dirtiest, nastiest shit ever. Are land bugs that much worse though?

The problem is that the food industry has an allowed "earthen" percentage for shit like cockroaches and rats and now that they are allowed a certain amount they have decided to use that for profits rather than the tolerance that was gifted to them.

exactly!
we probably eat some insects inadvertently, but I surely don't want to have an insect "dish".

We already eat food coloring made from insects, the food manufacturers just keep quiet about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43786055

If you are horrified by the thought of eating insects, the bad news is that you have probably done so many, many times.

This is because one of the most widely used red food colourings - carmine - is made from crushed up bugs.

The insects used to make carmine are called cochineal, and are native to Latin America where they live on cacti.

Now farmed mainly in Peru, millions of the tiny insects are harvested every year to produce the colouring.

A staple of the global food industry, carmine is added to everything from yoghurts and ice creams, to fruit pies, soft drinks, cupcakes and donuts.

It is also used extensively in the cosmetics industry and is found in many lipsticks.

However, eating "crunchy critters" is a step too far for me.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 08:55:07 PM

exactly!
A thought occurred: if we, humans, would kill most of the 'world' at some point, the surviving species would most likely be birds.
I recently found that grackles (prominent here, looking very intense) are actually fully omnivorous creatures. Seem to be quite 'smart' as well.

We already eat food coloring made from insects, the food manufacturers just keep quiet about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43786055

If you are horrified by the thought of eating insects, the bad news is that you have probably done so many, many times.

This is because one of the most widely used red food colourings - carmine - is made from crushed up bugs.

The insects used to make carmine are called cochineal, and are native to Latin America where they live on cacti.

Now farmed mainly in Peru, millions of the tiny insects are harvested every year to produce the colouring.

A staple of the global food industry, carmine is added to everything from yoghurts and ice creams, to fruit pies, soft drinks, cupcakes and donuts.

It is also used extensively in the cosmetics industry and is found in many lipsticks.

yick, Thanks!
In my mind it is somehow different from getting a dish made of crickets, though.
Objectively, not much difference, perhaps.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 09:04:58 PM

Explanation
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2022, 09:19:07 PM

However, eating "crunchy critters" is a step too far for me.

It would take some getting used to but considering where most of our food (particularly animal-based) originates, this seems quite benign. You're getting pretty much what the package says, not a mix of giblets and dead rats masquerading as "meat product".
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1658

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2022, 09:38:11 PM

If bugs were giant, like 2+ meters tall. Would we still be squeamish about eating them? Or would we hold them like farm animals?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 10:03:28 PM

Explanation
death_wish

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 10:15:19 PM

When he was about x10 from his entry price he feared to lose more, so he sold everything but 1 BTC (IIRC, which i often doubt, hence my meaningful nickname).

At the time, mindrust said that he dumped all of his BTC.  All!  He explicitly called himself a nocoiner.

I jinxed myself by quoting this the day before I suffered my second and third liquidations.

I am out of my position from 4550USD.

Few moments later it went from 4000 to 4800 after I sold.

I am a nocoiner now.

Only lost $2k from my initial investment but who knows how much I lost from my future profits.

I just deleted every signature gain, every fork gain I got.

Some worthy ethics there? I guess so. I hope they didn't vanish over time.
You know, one of the main reasons why mindrust pulled out was greed. He aimed at some high amount of $ per BTC, he said he would never sell below that. [...addressed above...]
This sets you apart from mindrust, though, only if the (true) motivation for your leveraged long position wasn't greed.
I agree, mindrust's goal was always to increase his fiat stash and that is the trap he fell into.

[...]

He forgot 1 BTC = 1 BTC and for that he will always be a cautioning tale.

My motive was greed:  Greed for BTC, not for fiat!  How many times need I say that I calculate PnL in BTC?  (Do the TA-junkie wannabe pro traders in WO know what PnL is? Roll Eyes)

One of my favourite price sites, which I have linked several times, is this:  https://usdsat.com/

The inviolate rule of my life is that 1 BTC = 1 BTC.  I have kept that rule sacred.  My problem is that I shorted the dollar; and in the liquidator bot’s opinion, dollars have recently increased in value against BTC.

I have never bought BTC with the intention of “aiming at some high amount of $ per BTC”.  Never!

When I first came to Bitcoin, it was for pure idealism.  I didn’t even want to have money that increased in value—just as long as it didn’t decrease in value like inflationary fiat scrip.  I idealize price-stable money:  My ideal money lets you work for an amount that would buy one loaf of bread today, put the money in your wallet, and then spend it for one loaf of bread next year—or in ten years.  Want more?  Work more.

I did not come to Bitcoin to get rich.  If I had been thinking that way, I would now be rich:  I could have bought a whale-sized chunk for a song, (undisclosed) years ago!

OOM, your lectures on “ethics” are presumptuous.  Thanks duly for your well-wishes, but I am not subject to your judgment.  You are prating with sanctimonious drivel to someone who has repeatedly lost or rejected financial opportunities by being too principled.  My whole life, I have been like that.  Recently, in the past few years, I have been slowly trying to change:  To become a “ruthless mercenary capitalist”, as I called it in a recent post here.  For it is awful to lack for money—you do not know how bad it is, unless you have personally experienced severe poverty and privation.  Hunger is the best teacher of selfishness.  Now, I want to get rich!  With no shame and no apologies, I have been trying bit by bit to embrace rational self-interest.  Finally.  Alas, in this most recent episode, I have been spectacularly untalented at exercising my newfound greed.

In the same vein, I was holding BTC for years before perpetually experiencing its “number go up” properties finally seduced me into a desire for “number go up”.  BTC is infectious that way.  At that point, it was way too late for me to get “Bitcoin rich” for cheap.  Before that, I was basically just using a BTC wallet as an ordinary checking/savings account—not even thinking about it as an investment.  Before that, I used this forum for years without ever venturing into the Speculation board (let alone WO).

Even after Bitcoin effectually corrupted my morals to start speculating on its future value, my intention is and consistently has been to accumulate BTC, hold it, use it as money, invest BTC to make more BTC, and maybe someday exchange a portion for gold.  Gold, yes—central bank shitcoins, no.  I do not want so-called “profit” in fiat currencies that I despise in principle—not any more than I need to maintain my very simple lifestyle, with which I am content.  I do not want a Lambo.  If I ever feel like I have an excess of spending money, then I should like to upgrade my computers, and perhaps buy some more books.  When I have recuperated enough BTC to regain financial security, I will thenceforth continue accumulating BTC as an end in itself—for the love of Bitcoin.  Obviously, if I love it, I should want more of it for myself.  My previous errors on that point have been corrected by watching traders, moonboys, and degens have more BTC than I do.

Some of those here who are equating me to mindrust seem to have missed most of my posts; no one has an obligation to read my long posts, but one should read before opining.  Others may be passively-aggressively insulting me.

The only logical point of comparison between mindrust and me is that we both lost BTC in a crash:  He threw his away, while I clung to mine for dear life as the liquidator bot closed in.  I foredoomed myself to that with some foolish choices a few months ago, but I certainly did not voluntarily choose it.
Krubster

Activity: 355
Merit: 717

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 10:24:37 PM

If bugs were giant, like 2+ meters tall. Would we still be squeamish about eating them? Or would we hold them like farm animals?

It would be just another cow, prime meat. Anything 2 meters tall would have its muscle structure like any other mammal. Yummy.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4883

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 10:29:23 PM

I agree, mindrust's goal was always to increase his fiat stash and that is the trap he fell into.

[...]

My motive was greed:  Greed for BTC, not for fiat!  How many times need I say that I calculate PnL in BTC?  (Do the TA-junkie wannabe pro traders in WO know what PnL is? Roll Eyes)

One of my favourite price sites, which I have linked several times, is this:  https://usdsat.com/

The inviolate rule of my life is that 1 BTC = 1 BTC.  I have kept that rule sacred.  My problem is that I shorted the dollar; and in the liquidator bot’s opinion, dollars have recently increased in value against BTC.

I have never bought BTC with the intention of “aiming at some high amount of $ per BTC”.  Never!

When I first came to Bitcoin, it was for pure idealism.  I didn’t even want to have money that increased in value—just as long as it didn’t decrease in value like inflationary fiat scrip.  I idealize price-stable money:  My ideal money lets you work for an amount that would buy one loaf of bread today, put the money in your wallet, and then spend it for one loaf of bread next year—or in ten years.  Want more?  Work more.

I did not come to Bitcoin to get rich.  If I had been thinking that way, I would now be rich:  I could have bought a whale-sized chunk for a song, (undisclosed) years ago!

Jesus Christ man take a step back from that fucking keyboard!

Where the fuck in my post did I mention YOU!!!
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7768

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2022, 10:43:35 PM

Lobster’s the size of cadillacs comes to mind.😀
death_wish

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 10:51:49 PM

[...]

Jesus Christ man take a step back from that fucking keyboard!

Where the fuck in my post did I mention YOU!!!

You replied to OOM, who replied to me and who was discussing me.  I quoted a portion of your post that was relevant to my point; I thought it was well-said, and I sent it a merit.  Your quote is snipped in such a way that makes it seem that I was arguing with you.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:01:11 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2022, 11:12:40 PM by sirazimuth

How to make an instant Nully post in 3 easy steps…

1. Type “blah” in Notepad.(no quotes)
2. Copy to clipboard.
3. Hold down the “control” and “v” keys for like 5 minutes.
Voila….
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:03:29 PM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4883

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:19:18 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1), death_wish (1)

You replied to OOM, who replied to me and who was discussing me.  I quoted a portion of your post that was relevant to my point; I thought it was well-said, and I sent it a merit.  Your quote is snipped in such a way that makes it seem that I was arguing with you.

My bad if I misread your intention.

Its not hard for me as a man to admit if I was wrong. Wink
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 21, 2022, 11:37:00 PM
Merited by Biodom (1), suchmoon (1)

A decade and a half ago I closely followed the robotics advances made by David Hanson (Hanson Robotics) while he was a student at UTD. While David himself focused more on the physical aspects of humanoid robots he subcontracted the AI aspects to a group from California. The results were astonishing for that time.

They developed an AI sense of humor (Philip K. Dick), AI altruism (Jules), AI cynicism (Joey Chaos) and other traits mimicking human emotions and behavior.

Now it seems someone has been using the WO as a testing ground for other humanoid AI experiments: AI verbosity and AI egotism.  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 [30843] 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: