April 27, 2024, 07:15:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 [30849] 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 30898 30899 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368637 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4873

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 10:10:37 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

Aside from such musings, I make efficient use of the ignore list just to save time and to clear clutter.  If you ever have any problems with users who want to follow you around obsessively and spit at you, then consider the ignore list as an efficient (non-)response.

Be extension you will find as your time grows shorter your list grows longer and its much easier to hit the show button to see if the quality of those you ignored improved over time.

Generally you will find they end up being banned anyway and the time you have left on this earth was not wasted on them. Wink
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gachapin

Activity: 896
Merit: 1840

bitcoin retard

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 10:48:32 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), death_wish (2), Hueristic (1)

Who keeps deleting WO posts?  Things are jumping around—again and again.  At this rate, WO’s page-count will soon dip below the Bitcoin price without any recovery in the latter.

Well, I'd venture to guess we could have page parity in one easy step.
....Just delete all your blah blah blah posts.... Win, win....

Indeed, that sounds like a good plan. Imagine having 2 JJG's on one single thread. Surely WO can't handle this much stress test.

After telling people who don't believe in BTC TA that they are stupid, and after filling the WO with childish posts how you and your skills deserve recognition  ...next, you know how much the "WO can handle" and who of the participants should be excluded ? Roll Eyes

Boy... you are really good at making yourself look like a presumptuous little brat.

Frankly, how long have you been reading the WO that you are now calling for the exclusions of others - who are probably OG's to you?
3 years 4 years?  Roll Eyes

How about using the ignore button and stfu yourself?

(sorry for the harsh words but it seems you're not the guy that is getting a message via discreet hints...)
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 10:52:21 PM

When Mindrust "mindrusted", he quietly left the WO thread.

But this new troll death_wish just never shuts the fuck up, spewing walls of garbage and nonsense.

Actually I think we may have laughed at him too much. Literally made a meme out of the man. Hopefully not the reason he left. :/

This forum is bigger than WO.  And it hosts discussion other than price speculation.

mindrust generally represented himself as if he were an ideologically motivated Bitcoiner.  As if he embraced Bitcoin for noble principles.  He talked the talk—for years, he talked the talk!  Some of us were shocked when he didn’t walk the walk.

I know of several different forum members who were then very active outside WO, who despised mindrust for mindrusting, and who gave him hell about it elsewhere.

I know of at least one forum member who had never before posted in WO—never even set foot in here—who suddenly showed up in WO after mindrust mindrusted.

I know of people outside WO who reacted first out of shock—with a deep sympathy for mindrust—then later, out of disgust that far from coming to his senses, mindrust systematically reneged on much of his own prior preaching.

And I know that outside of WO, mindrust himself showed a tendency to turn on people the same way he had turned on Bitcoin.  It was shocking at the time.  In hindsight, it is unsurprising.

For mere investors who are only in it for the money:  You are obviously under no obligation to risk or sacrifice for my principles.  If you practice buy-and-hold purely for risk-management reasons, then strategize accordingly about how to handle crashes.  If you’re a trader and Bitcoin crashes, you stop-loss.  No problem.  Just try to do a better job of it than mindrust, whose panic-sell was pure foot-shooting—not a savvy trader’s stop-loss.

And just remember that the value of your investment has ultimately grown from a vanguard of zealots:  The idealists, the activists, the hard core of Bitcoiners who sincerely believe that “1 BTC = 1 BTC” motto, “Be Your Own Bank”, “Not Your Keys”, and so forth.  The ones who want for Bitcoin to change the world, to make the world a better place.  Bitcoin wouldn’t even exist without such people!  Be grateful that the product of their noble idealism has given you the opportunity to take profits in the central bank shitcoins that you thoughtlessly fetishize.

At least you have the honesty of being candid about what you really want from Bitcoin.  I sincerely wish for you to enjoy a tasty profit unless you short Bitcoin on the spot market, in which case you should burn in hell; short the perp if you want to short BTC!.

mindrust did not have that honesty.

I have a cordial contempt for “Bitcoin investors” who are in it only for the money—cordial, because I appreciate that their investments help to empower my noblest of principles—contempt, because their motives are venal.  I care about Bitcoin.

Naturally, I want for Bitcoin investors to get rich.  It is their condign reward for supporting Bitcoin.  But I know that they do not care for Bitcoin, as I do.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 11:01:20 PM

Explanation
death_wish

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 11:07:22 PM

Aside from such musings, I make efficient use of the ignore list just to save time and to clear clutter.  If you ever have any problems with users who want to follow you around obsessively and spit at you, then consider the ignore list as an efficient (non-)response.

Be extension you will find as your time grows shorter your list grows longer and its much easier to hit the show button to see if the quality of those you ignored improved over time.

Generally you will find they end up being banned anyway and the time you have left on this earth was not wasted on them. Wink

The “show” button requires Javascript.  Disabled here.  My forum-usage security policy inadvertently makes my ignorelist ultra-hardcore. Smiley

WTF am I doing with web3?  I’ll tell you what.  Miserably running web3 dapps in ten layers of sandboxing, and then figuring out how to access the same things programmatically via node.js in only five layers of sandboxing.  This is a problem that needs to be solved.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4873

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 11:19:25 PM

The “show” button requires Javascript.  Disabled here.  My forum-usage security policy inadvertently makes my ignorelist ultra-hardcore. Smiley

WTF am I doing with web3?  I’ll tell you what.  Miserably running web3 dapps in ten layers of sandboxing, and then figuring out how to access the same things programmatically via node.js in only five layers of sandboxing.  This is a problem that needs to be solved.

Yeah it sucks, I capitulated. Smiley
death_wish

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 11:42:59 PM

Yeah it sucks, I capitulated. Smiley

Shocked Your capitulation shows that the no-JS bottom is in.

Disabling Javascript since Netscape Navigator, watching the Web become useless without Javacript in about the past 10–12 years—there must be a bottom somewhere!  Where do I buy stonk in NoScript?

Srsly, much though I oft criticize this forum, I am glad that it is one of the only non-negligible discussion platforms that retains all basic read/write functionality without Javascript.  And I know that I am not the only one.  When this issue gets raised in Meta, etc., Legendaries condemn Javascript while anon cypherpunks with throwaway accounts come out of the woodwork to opine.  Well, after all, it is Satoshi’s forum.
death_wish

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 12:00:47 AM

Gachapin, my TA predicts that your first post on or after 2022-06-29 08:06:40 UTC will downgrade your account to Sr. Member.

I think that WO usually throws a party upon such events, but it is not in my bailiwick. Smiley
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 12:04:58 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10178

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 12:13:42 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2022, 12:50:46 AM by JayJuanGee

Who keeps deleting WO posts?  Things are jumping around—again and again.  At this rate, WO’s page-count will soon dip below the Bitcoin price without any recovery in the latter.

Well, I'd venture to guess we could have page parity in one easy step.
....Just delete all your blah blah blah posts.... Win, win....

Indeed, that sounds like a good plan. Imagine having 2 JJG's on one single thread. Surely WO can't handle this much stress test.

Imagine that.

You go girl.

based on some of your other purported circumstances including that you are otherwise starving and other bullshit like that,

I am thereupon uninterested in further discussion with you.  I reply hereby only for the record, on some points I wish to set straight:

Are we breaking up?

If you do not want an answer that addresses your question, then why are you asking it..
[...]
You asked me if I though that you were over invested or not... several times.

Context:  My question was rhetorical.  I was not seeking your analysis or advice.  My point was clear; the problem is not in my statement thereof.

You have been speaking to me as if I have too little BTC to care.  I have read many of your posts before.  By all advice that I have ever seen you give to anyone, I am currently overinvested in Bitcoin—overexposed, with too much skin in the game—and yet, you treat me as if I don’t care about Bitcoin because I lack sufficient “stake”.

If that is your interpretation, then "it appears that we have a failure to communicate" here - just like in this little clip (5 second version).. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYe8cGy9TeI

Here's the 50 second version.. funny I had never seen that.. but I had heard the quot several times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=452XjnaHr1A

Where I now stand with BTC—for the moment:
Yes, I have very little BTC left.  But it is a large proportion of my dollhouse-sized remaining finances.  For he who has little, a pauper’s scraps are precious as a king’s fortune.  My little itty-bitty bitcoins mean the world to me.

I obviously do not intend to let my BTC level remain so low!  It is a bit difficult to increase it, when I currently have $0.28 USDT available purchase funds, effectively zero cash flow, and too much time spent posting here.  In the due course of time, I have confidence that I will recuperate financially.  I reasonably expect for it to require considerable patience and effort.

Another aspect is that some of your specifics do not matter that much to me. in terms of responding to a variety of circumstances in which someone may well have to make choices about his/her allocations going forward and the extent to which more building needs to be accomplished.

I suppose in some sense, I don't want to get into specifics because we are in a public thread.. but surely sometimes some of the specifics can make a difference.. and anyone can take my suggestions or feedback or responses to issues however they like.. or ignore my comments too. if that seems the best way in which they might incorporate my ideas.

For example, if someone tells me that they have all of their various individual circumstances accounted for including but not limited to their expenses.. and their emergency fund, so in that regard, they come to the conclusion that they have $1,200 in cash and 0.05 BTC and they have $400 extra cashflow per month that can be invested into BTC, then at least I have something to work with when I suggest a possible way forward, but if such person is leaving out some facts, then I either have to create a hypothetical or describe some of the basic considerations.. ..

Do you believe that I should give very many shits if you are fighting with me about details or that I am being too patronizing or my supposed failure/refusal to account for your sensitive state of affairs?  There is ONLY so much therapy or sympathy that you should expect in a thread like this.. when a lot of us (including yours truly) are attempting to work with what we got, and do you think we want to get into some of those persona considerations that you have.. and if the numbers are changed, or your conclusion about what constitutes over investment is different, then you gotta work out some of that shit for yourself, and if you are not happy with some of my numbers or my conclusions or my framing of what are the issues that I believe to be important to address, then you should be adjusting them to yourself.. and your actual circumstances.

You have a tendency to take matters personally.
[...]
Your ideas are not only dumb.. but frequently they are emotional too... ..

It is slippery of you to hurl numerous unnecessarily personal negative remarks at me, sometimes laced with profanities, and then accuse me of “a tendency to take matters personally”.

Stop taking things personally.

My ideas are indeed oftentimes emotional.  I am passionate about Bitcoin.  I know that it sometimes leads me to make economically irrational decisions, which have ironically resulted in my having much less BTC.  But all in all, I don’t think that being passionate about Bitcoin is a bad thing.

nothing wrong with that, but if we are considering BTC investment strategies and things like (which seems to be an area frequently batted around in this thread) .. especially dollars/BTC since that is our OP topic. ...then sometimes there are ideas about DCA, buying on dip and lump sum investing.. and there also may be ideas of portfolio management and liquidation..

So you can battle against those topics and say that you only do x, y or z, but people have differing strategies, and I have various ways in which I talk about those kinds of topics too.. so if you make comments that do not make sense to me inin light of my own ways of thinking about the matters, then I may well make comments, since this is a public thread.  Seems better to not get emotional or to get attached to your personal examples when we are getting into differences of opinion..  

I  doubt that you are going to get much more leeway merely because you are suggesting personal circumstancers or being in love with king daddy or whatever.

Do you believe that we are going to get very far because you proclaim that your strategies show that you love king daddy more than I do, to the extent that is really relevant?  

I feel that I am getting into repetitious territory.

Yeah. sometimes I say dumb things too.. Once in a while.. Maybe three times in total?

That accounting is like proudhon’s valuation of BTC.  If the natural maximum price of BTC is $100, and it must return to that price, then I guess you have said a total of three dumb things.

That is b called koreck

three things.

right.

By golly, I think she's got it.

6 second video clip here

The foregoing was prepared earlier.

Part of the issue also seems to be that he came into the thread with a seemingly specific purpose of mindrusting..

I should not have held it.

Perhaps?

Even though you seem to consider there to be some kind of an ongoing personal.. I don't see why you seem to want to engage in such kinds of battles when they do not really seem to be necessary..

It seems to me that if you bring up issues in this thread, then those issues become fair game, and we might not agree on the way to frame the matter.

I doubt anyone, including yours truly, is trying to be a big meanie to you... I suppose it depends on if you feel like you need to win certain battles.. which one are we going to do next?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 01:04:53 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 02:01:20 AM

Explanation
death_wish

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 02:02:45 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2022, 02:24:34 AM by death_wish

I suppose in some sense, I don't want to get into specifics because we are in a public thread.. but surely sometimes some of the specifics can make a difference.. and anyone can take my suggestions or feedback or responses to issues however they like.. or ignore my comments too. if that seems the best way in which they might incorporate my ideas.

[...]

[...] if we are considering BTC investment strategies and things like (which seems to be an area frequently batted around in this thread) .. especially dollars/BTC since that is our OP topic. ...then sometimes there are ideas about DCA, buying on dip and lump sum investing.. and there also may be ideas of portfolio management and liquidation..

When I first came to this thread with an unfixable problem, I explicitly sought your advice—in addition to trying to warn newbies “don’t wind up like this”, and frankly also just looking to vent.

I greatly appreciate the time and effort that you spent trying to help me find an impossible exit from a trap that was already closed.

Beyond that—I have told you that I think your investment strategies are mostly pretty good for most people, in most circumstances.  As I’ve said, I have cribbed from the JayJuanGee book to advise nocoiners how to get into Bitcoin:  Your approach to portfolio allocation, risk tolerance assessment, etc. is basically how financial advisors usually guide their clients.  DCA, buying the dips, etc. is a reasonable way to avoid gambling on timing the market.  Quite apart from any of your price predictions (to which I give less credence), the guidance that you give to most people should work in usual circumstances.  But I have also said somewhere, it doesn’t work for me.  My circumstances are not usual.  For that reason, I have not requested your advice on how to rebuild my holding.

I don’t want to discuss private specifics.

I assure you that if I had any positive fiat cashflow usable for buying BTC that was independent of now-nonexistent assets that I futilely sacrificed trying to save my BTC, I would now be stacking every sat I could.  Bitcoin is now on deep discount sale.  Whether or not the bottom is yet in, I do not want to miss the Bitcoin discount sale—especially not when I just lost almost all my bitcoins!  However, I cooked my own goose, these past few months—more than you know, worse than you realize.  The details are private, and I have already revealed far too much financial information about myself.

I have sought advice privately, from people who are competent to give such advice.  The objective, cut-and-dry answer is that if BTC doesn’t remain at its current price levels for at least a little while, then I will be unavoidably screwed.  Better hurry up and work on some new cashflow!

[Edited to add extra warning for newbies:  My situation is overall worse than mindrust’s was, after he threw away his bitcoins.  He sold the bottom, and Bitcoin immediately rose after he dumped; but he sold for cash, so he had cash in hand.  He could have immediately re-bought something.  He didn’t; that was his damnfool choice.  In my case, Bitcoin went down after I lost my coins—and it is still below (on average, very far below) the price at which I lost them.  However, my coins were sold by a robot to repay debt—to repay debt, and to pay liquidation penalties.  From those sales, I am left with nothing!  I am watching helplessly, in continuing torment, with no way to re-buy my lost coins unless/until I earn myself some new funds for purchase.  This is what margin does to you.]

I do have a strategy to rebuild my BTC.  It is not a very good strategy, but it is the best that I can do in the circumstances.  I should spend less time on this forum, and more time improving those circumstances.

Even though you seem to consider there to be some kind of an ongoing personal.. I don't see why you seem to want to engage in such kinds of battles when they do not really seem to be necessary..

I don’t want to, but I do so if really necessary.

Whether by accidental misunderstanding or by intent, many of your recent posts have misinterpreted or mischaracterized my situation in a way that puts me in a bad light.  That is unavoidably personal to me, even if I wish it were otherwise.

based on some of your other purported circumstances including that you are otherwise starving and other bullshit like that,

I am thereupon uninterested in further discussion with you.  I reply hereby only for the record, on some points I wish to set straight:

Are we breaking up?

Just like you are free to think whatever you want, as long as you don’t go around smearing me based on wild fantasies as some do—I am free to decline discussion with anyone who thinks that I would fabricate such a thing.

I have frankly been grieving.  Because it’s not “only money” to me.  Bitcoin.

Grieving has a proper time.  Then, it is time to move on and be a ruthless mercenary capitalist.

I see no reason to continue back-and-forth about how I should or can or can’t rebuild my holding—a subject about which, I repeat, I have not and cannot request useful advice on a public forum.  I just need to work on it.

At the bottom line, I will repeat here what I recently told someone who reached out to me via PM with concerns and well-wishes:

In the long term, I am confident that I will recuperate financially.  This is a worse as a spiritual blow than anything else.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 02:33:21 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2022, 03:16:27 AM by Biodom
Merited by El duderino_ (3), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Apparently, Voyager loaned 15K btc (+350mil USDC) to 3ac.
Now they are asking for the loan back by June 27.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/crypto-platform-voyager-digital-shares-plunge-60-after-revealing-665-million-exposure-to-embattled-hedge-fund-considers-issuing-default-notice-11655911126
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 03:03:34 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2022, 03:28:27 AM

hmm nice another failed fund
death_wish

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 03:47:15 AM

Soooo...  >25 hours later, what “consequences” does Buddy get?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 04:01:20 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 05:03:27 AM

Explanation
Blue King

Activity: 84
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 05:26:40 AM

A trillion dollars will come into this market overnight.' - Shark Tank's Kevin O'Leary on Bitcoin regulation.. Shocked

Source:https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/status/1539746485667078144
Pages: « 1 ... 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 [30849] 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 30898 30899 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: