April 27, 2024, 01:25:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30774 30775 30776 30777 30778 30779 30780 30781 30782 30783 30784 30785 30786 30787 30788 30789 30790 30791 30792 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 [30824] 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2049
Merit: 1184

Never selling

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 04:47:23 AM

I wonder how many people will never touch BTC again after this. Is this going to be one of those things like the great depression where it is ingrained in the population living it at the time. How many people who sold out from the 2017 crash ended up buying again for this cycle? Would be interesting to know.

If their are whales doing this selling in an effort to accrue more coins or something stupid, there is a good chance that they may kill sentiment for a very long time. Even if the Fed goes bananas with the printing press again.

I hope you are right. I have not sold any BTC during this run up or decline but I did sell a bunch a long time ago at 4k to start a small business. Business worked out fine and creates a nice independent income stream for me but I sure wish I started it with debt and not BTC.

I would love for a long multi year period with BTC at 10k so I could slowly buy back the BTC I sold. I don't invest in altcoins but Bitcoin was about 85% of my net worth at its 65k peak. That percentage is obviously a lot less now of course but other then the my horrible sale timing at 4k years ago I have pretty much ignored this recent market action. I guess it depends on ones timeline and confidence. I am confident in bitcoins long term prospects. The short term market changes are thus only distracting noise.

One thing that helps me keep a clear head is to assign a purpose to the BTC I own instead of looking at it as a total sum. The BTC I have right now is all earmarked for stuff either as future gifts for my children (I have a few kids), for my wife as a life insurance in case something happens to me (saves money on life insurance), or earmarked for grandchildren who don't exist yet using a guestimate on how many of them may eventually exist someday.  

I actually don't have any earmarked for my savings or retirement yet. Sold those back at 4k for the business. I need to eventually fix that and buy some BTC for me. I was not planning on doing that this year as was going to expand the business but if BTC drops to 10k I will put the expansion plans on hold and start buying BTC.

I would guess that we are going lower from here. However, if we do the storm shall eventually pass. The draining of fiat liquidity by the central banks cannot be sustained forever.

It's people like you that will support the price and create a bottom. Much respect for the way you have handled things.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 05:01:19 AM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 05:08:22 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2022, 05:22:19 AM by Biodom

I wonder how many people will never touch BTC again after this. Is this going to be one of those things like the great depression where it is ingrained in the population living it at the time. How many people who sold out from the 2017 crash ended up buying again for this cycle? Would be interesting to know.

If their are whales doing this selling in an effort to accrue more coins or something stupid, there is a good chance that they may kill sentiment for a very long time. Even if the Fed goes bananas with the printing press again.

My only satisfaction would be that if these whales, after dropping the price so much, cause the exchange they are using to fail and they lose all their coins.

Yes, I don't see what's a big deal so far.
At least half of this decline is due to liquidations of some overextended hedge funds and weird companies.
To me it looks like hedgies went for an outsize returns and got overextended.
Many always point out that 'institutional' involvement cuts both ways...and it did.
Now we are just waiting for the equilibrium.

It's those longs on Bitfinex that makes me think something is up, the only reason for so many futures longs is so you can take profit without driving the spot market up. Maybe its just the liquidations, but how many coins do these pricks have. must of been a million dumped by now.

Don't you remember early 2015 when it crashed from $300 to $150 in about half a day? That was worse than this, and it didn't put people off. By about November 2015 it was back up to $500.

I wasn't monitoring the price as much back then, would only check couple times a week at most, so I only saw that after it had happened. Yes it was worse in percentages, but there were far less people involved back then, where as now a lot more normies got in. I don't know if it will scar as bad honestly, but it's something I'm thinking about in terms of when it comes to recovery vs say the stock market recovery.

some say that stock market "ought" to drop 70% as well, not sure if it will happen or not, it's certainly possible, especially in inflation-adjusted terms.

The chances of a %70 stock crash in the next 2 weeks are smaller then I can see.

of course not...who was talking about 2 weeks?
maybe 1-2 years.
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 05:22:06 AM

Please tell me we are not about to dump again. Let us have some rest.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 05:24:22 AM

On the subject of bottoms,...?

Did you get Zhou Tonged?
You got it in the bum bum...
Oh what a bum bum...
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 05:31:33 AM

I'm the founder of Bitcoinica....

Security

We don't operate a Bitcoin wallet. All our funds are stored in Mt. Gox ...

Oh man...that's rich   Cheesy

Mt Gox. Almost sounds like "Fort Knox". Except it stands for Magic The Gathering Online eXchange.

EmptyGOX
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 05:41:09 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), death_wish (1)

It's people like you that will support the price and create a bottom. Much respect for the way you have handled things.

Thanks it has worked for me.

I think it also helps to look at history. Historically alternatives to the official government approved money have done poorly in times of severe economic distress as debts are denominated in government money and they must be serviced. Silver for example declined by over 60% in the great depression.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4352389-silver-prices-during-great-depression

Silver bounced back rapidly after it crashed climbed until the mid 30s when the president made illegal to own silver bullion and via executive command with executive Order 6814.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6814

History rhymes so I expect bitcoin to do very poorly at least initially in a depression which we may be entering into very soon. Bitcoin is also volatile by nature as it is new and its declines will be compounded buy greed and leverage and the many scams in the altcoin space that will fall apart in a prolonged decline.

Longer term I would not be at all surprised if many years down the road when fiat truly fails and some centralized gov coin version 2 or 3 is rolled out as a reset there will be some similar executive order outlawing private possession of BTC so it can be transferred to the government to be exchanged for gov coins.

If I needed fiat in the next year I would sell BTC now even though it is a terrible price. However, long term I think BTC has a very promising if rocky road ahead. I don't need fiat and hope to buy more BTC so bring on the clearance prices.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 05:57:17 AM

I think it also helps to look at history. Historically alternatives to the official government approved money have done poorly in times of severe economic distress as debts are denominated in government money and they must be serviced. Silver for example declined by over 60% in the great depression.

Silver bounced back rapidly after it crashed climbed until the mid 30s when the president made illegal to own silver bullion and via executive command with executive Order 6814.

History rhymes so I expect bitcoin to do very poorly at least initially in a depression which we may be entering into very soon. Bitcoin is also volatile by nature as it is new and its declines will be compounded buy greed and leverage and the many scams in the altcoin space that will fall apart in a prolonged decline.

Longer term I would not be at all surprised if many years down the road when fiat truly fails and some centralized gov coin version 2 or 3 is rolled out as a reset there will be some similar executive order outlawing private possession of BTC so it can be transferred to the government to be exchanged for gov coins.

If I needed fiat in the next year I would sell BTC now even though it is a terrible price. However, long term I think BTC has a very promising if rocky road ahead. I don't need fiat and hope to buy more BTC so bring on the clearance prices.

Well said.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 06:04:58 AM

Explanation
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 06:18:14 AM

Asking for a friend who seems to have very limited time to come up with some dollars...

When you are old and infirm, may hard fate and ill circumstances bring those words back to haunt you.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 06:18:55 AM

I mindrusted some scraps of precious altcoins

You must have either not gotten the memo or you failed/refused to open it..

In other words, it is definitionally impossible to mindrust a shitcoin..

It does not matter if you refer to such shitc0in as your lillie precious or not..

It no doesn't work

In other words.. sell shitcoins to your hearts content.. at any price and under any market condition, it does not count as a mindrust.

If you want to mindrust, you better try harder..

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The good news:  For the first time in over five months, I am debt-free!  And the sad remainder of my BTC is freed from the margin account.  For the first time in over five months, I am at zero risk of liquidation.

Well I will congratulate you about that, so you can get your butt in gear and start (or resume) stacking sats.

Now, I can go back to my old self. Cheesy

I am not sure if "we" would want that, unless you are able to guarantee that it will objectively better than the most recent one that we have been witnessing..

Yes, I have very little BTC left.  But it is a large proportion of my dollhouse-sized remaining finances.  For he who has little, a pauper’s scraps are precious as a king’s fortune.  

Rome was not built in a day, and presumptively, there were set backs from time to time.

Let the market burn, as I frolic in the sunshine!

I think that we have already established that no coiners and low coiners have tendencies to be assholes in that kind of a way..

Therefore one of the likely strongest solutions from contributing towards mitigating your asshole tendencies is for you to get a meaningful and substantial stake in our lil precious.. so get out there dear trooper/soldier and get in the mode of stacking some sats.. stack a meaningful and substantial amount.. nothing whimpy like some other members... who will remain unnamed.. at least for the time being.   

I am gravely worried about Bitcoin, because I care about Bitcoin.  

You will care more if you get some stake... or at least increase your stake.

This is an attack.  But that is an idealistic worry—cause for worse pessimism over the state of the world—

Don't fret or worry ur lil head about those kinds of matters.

Stay focused.

You might even need some lazer eyes... unless you had merely misplaced them from earlier.  Homer can help.. perhaps.. but only those who want to be helped.

hahahahaha

not a fear for my personal finances.  For my personal finances, my only Bitcoin-related concern—my grievous concern is that I do not have enough BTC.

That is be called koreck.

You do no have enough... so get to work stackening MOAR of them. 

Maintain aggressiveness and assertiveness without getting  overly greedy.. figure out something reasonable, prudent and that does not devolve into gambling.

You might need a mentor because if left to your own devices, you seem to have a predisposition to devolve away from reasonableness and prudence...

Any volunteers?

Anyone want to mentor one stubborn fuck, aka D_W?  And some other names too, but "we" just refer to him as internet dog/cat.

Look who the mouse drug in.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ecce homo!

I think that the mouse that drug you in must have been lured towards you by those cute little mouse underwear ears that you have on the top of your hat.

You do not have lazer eyes to scare them away, just cute little mouse underwear ears.   Wink
Little Mouse
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1977

Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2022, 06:23:18 AM

little mouse

&

little mouse
I got a notification through the telegram mention bot  Roll Eyes

Edit- There's a poll on "Where is the bottom?"
It's already below $18k and I'm more than happy as I have all the USDT saved from the sale I had in the bull. I'm praying for BTC to go below $10k lol though I think $10k will be the bottom as someone said in a block "Last time to buy below $10k (or $9k). I will dump all my crypto asset for BTC at that price though I'm buying ever since when BTC hit $21000 recently.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 06:48:01 AM

Look on the bright side wobros...
at some point in time in distant future we can celebrate page parity again!  Perhaps...perhaps??

Bribe ChartBuddy or JJG to delete their posts?

I don't delete posts..

oh wait?

Did you say "bribe?"

hahahaha

Look on the bright side wobros...
at some point in time in distant future we can celebrate page parity again!  Perhaps...perhaps??

Bribe ChartBuddy or JJG to delete their posts?

I would, but I doubt they accept bitcoin anymore...

Hookers, lambos and blow are somewhat transportable.....and there has been a shortage in these here parts, recently.

#justmentioningit

I can be flexible, when I am not being stubborn.. like you know who. 

Are we into crypto in these here parts?

Asking for a friend.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:01:44 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Excited…!!! Who else is coming?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:03:26 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:23:26 AM

I mean some people are stupid enough to put the entirety of their retirement fund into crypto. Lesson #1 of investing is have a diverse portfolio.

What makes you so smart, PokestarFan?

What size portfolio are you presuming?

What other details are you presuming about the investor?

What do you mean by diversification?  What kinds of asset areas besides "crypto"? and really fuck crypto .. why did you bring up "crypto"  we are talking about bitcoin in this thread.. .when you use the term "crypto" are you talking about bitcoin or something else.. ?

Can you give a hypothetical of a portfolio and how it might be sufficiently diversified based on various individual factors?

Are you presuming an old investor or a young investor?  Does that make a difference from your ways of criticizing lack of diversification?

I hope you are right. I have not sold any BTC during this run up or decline but I did sell a bunch a long time ago at 4k to start a small business. Business worked out fine and creates a nice independent income stream for me but I sure wish I started it with debt and not BTC.

I would love for a long multi year period with BTC at 10k so I could slowly buy back the BTC I sold.

Why do you have a mental block that you need to buy back in at prices close to the prices that you sold?

Hardly makes sense when BTC is quite likely NOT to go back to those price levels ever again..

Sure there might be some crash that takes bitcoin further down from where we are at.. but we are already in rare territory with BTC prices below the 200-week moving average for 5 days already and also 20% below the 200-week moving average..

Sure there are no guarantees but expecting sub $10k and even  sustainable sub $10k seems to like pie in the sky;.

There are all kinds of ways to establish a reasonable stake in BTC.. without having to get into some kind of fantasy theories/expectations about entry price points that may well lock you out from ever buying.

I don't invest in altcoins but Bitcoin was about 85% of my net worth at its 65k peak. That percentage is obviously a lot less now of course but other then the my horrible sale timing at 4k years ago I have pretty much ignored this recent market action. I guess it depends on ones timeline and confidence. I am confident in bitcoins long term prospects. The short term market changes are thus only distracting noise.

I agree with the point that it is difficult to enter when there is a lot of uncertainty... but that might just justify how much to put in at various price points rather than not putting anything in and waiting to only employ lump sum investing..

In other words, dollar cost averaging ( DCA i)s the most powerful BTC accumulation strategy and it can be supplemented with buying on dips and lump sum investing.

One thing that helps me keep a clear head is to assign a purpose to the BTC I own instead of looking at it as a total sum. The BTC I have right now is all earmarked for stuff either as future gifts for my children (I have a few kids), for my wife as a life insurance in case something happens to me (saves money on life insurance), or earmarked for grandchildren who don't exist yet using a guestimate on how many of them may eventually exist someday.  

That causes long term holding motivations, then.

I actually don't have any earmarked for my savings or retirement yet. Sold those back at 4k for the business. I need to eventually fix that and buy some BTC for me. I was not planning on doing that this year as was going to expand the business but if BTC drops to 10k I will put the expansion plans on hold and start buying BTC.

Of course you can do both.. You can just set up a small amount each week, whether that is $10 or $100 or some other amount, and then otherwise just go about focusing on your business matters.

I would guess that we are going lower from here. However, if we do the storm shall eventually pass. The draining of fiat liquidity by the central banks cannot be sustained forever.

Sounds like you have a decent grasp on some of bitcoin's central investment rationales... it is just a matter of setting up some kind of tailored plan, and of course, you can be way less aggressive, and then just be ready to throw more at bitcoin if some more clear bottom signal is in.. but sometimes the bottom signal is not very clear, either.. so sometimes if you wait too long, then you are just buying at higher prices.. so damned if you do and damned if you don't to some degree which gets back to the justification that you have to figure out a balancing approach that is comfortable for yourself based on an assessment of all  of your personal circumstances which should include cashflow, other investments, view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, timeline, risk tolerance, time, skills and abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time to consider trading, reallocating, use of leverage and/or financial instruments....
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:39:19 AM

Interesting indeed. I did not know about silver during the depression. I agree with you on everything of course, definitely a great opportunity for those who can invest for the long term.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:41:54 AM

little mouse

&

little mouse
I got a notification through the telegram mention bot  Roll Eyes

Good thing that I did  not say "bloody mary" three times, we would have been totally screwed.

Edit- There's a poll on "Where is the bottom?"
It's already below $18k and I'm more than happy as I have all the USDT saved from the sale I had in the bull. I'm praying for BTC to go below $10k lol though I think $10k will be the bottom as someone said in a block "Last time to buy below $10k (or $9k). I will dump all my crypto asset for BTC at that price though I'm buying ever since when BTC hit $21000 recently.

Difficult to expect prices below $10k.. even though we know that extremes are possible, and the trend is your friend...

But are current local low of $17,593 is already 21% below the 200-week moving average (which is slightly above $22,300).. so how much more of a bottom is really realistic?  Another 20% to 40% dump at most?  That would put us somewhere between $10.5k (for 40% more) and $14k (for only 20% more).. and even getting to $14k seems a bit much of a stretch from my perspective.. but hey what do I know.. I would have never thought that the odds would have been very high at all that we would have gotten to where we are at, at least not in this cycle.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:47:35 AM

I  have a gut feeling this is going to stay low until 6th of July.
Then the SEC approves the Grayscale ETF. Institutional investors will buy in at a discount and everything goes up like a rocket... Smiley
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:48:25 AM

Excited…!!! Who else is coming?

Where's it being held, Jaywick Sands?

Pages: « 1 ... 30774 30775 30776 30777 30778 30779 30780 30781 30782 30783 30784 30785 30786 30787 30788 30789 30790 30791 30792 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 30806 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 [30824] 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: