7/21 - 1 (0.9%)
7/28 - 11 (10.3%)
8/4 - 16 (15%)
8/11 - 7 (6.5%)
8/18 - 6 (5.6%)
8/25 - 7 (6.5%)
After August - 59 (55.1%)
Total Voters: 107

Pages: « 1 ... 19403 19404 19405 19406 19407 19408 19409 19410 19411 19412 19413 19414 19415 19416 19417 19418 19419 19420 19421 19422 19423 19424 19425 19426 19427 19428 19429 19430 19431 19432 19433 19434 19435 19436 19437 19438 19439 19440 19441 19442 19443 19444 19445 19446 19447 19448 19449 19450 19451 19452 [19453] 19454 19455 19456 19457 19458 19459 19460 19461 19462 19463 19464 19465 19466 19467 19468 19469 19470 19471 19472 19473 19474 19475 19476 19477 19478 19479 19480 19481 19482 19483 19484 19485 19486 19487 19488 19489 19490 19491 19492 19493 19494 19495 19496 19497 19498 19499 19500 19501 19502 19503 ... 33761 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26463660 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 10874

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:54:39 AM

[edited out]

I'd like to turn back with the not-so-few: what happened? This might help my future understanding of things.

[edited out]

[edited out]

8-month cycles, give or take 6 months. The give or take bit itches, of course. Why these irregular durations? Is the school (of whales) free to choose a random moment, or are they looking for a "go ahead" hint from external reality? Which kind of hint/help would they welcome? The underlying question, of course, is: How can smaller creatures - human, tunas, herrings and minnows - see it coming?

Come on, d-eddie.  Snap the fuck out of it.

You seem to be giving way too much weight to TA and predictions that are based on science or some kind of supposed inevitability.   

Sure, once something happens, that particular something becomes 100%, but just because some folks predicted it to happen does not mean that they knew that it was going to happen or that the thing was inevitable to happen.. .because there could have been some monkey wrench that gets thrown into the situation that ends up totally fucking up the whole outcome....

Sure, we can give a certain amount of weight and credit to TA for helping us to sort out probabilities of one scenario versus another scenario, but in the end, these guys with the fucking charts are also pointing out probabilities of one scenario that they believe to be more likely than another scenario, but the smart (and genuine) ones are going to also acknowledge the various scenarios of the other direction too.. whether they assign the other direction 40% or 20% or cockily assign it only 10%....   

Furthermore, we also know that TAs are frequently wrong too, and you remember when a lot of the TA fucks were calling another leg down at $890 in early 2017... well that did not happen... and a lot of peeps lost money when they were relying on that specific TA and there are other situations as well, especially in bitcoin with our exponential curve going on that has fucked a lot of downside predictors over and over and over. 

So yeah, we can figure out ways to make more money by following TA (whether accumulating bitcoin or dollars), but we may end up losing money too if we make some bad bets while using TA and we don't play the upsides and the downsides of our bets in a reasonable kind of amount and ratios....

In other words, fuck those peeps who are claiming that they predicted anything and saying, I told you so, I told you so.  Fuck them. 

And, you want to know how I really feel?  hahahahaha
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:54:45 AM

Feb 14 is Valentines and expiry of XBT/G8.  
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:00:15 AM
Merited by 600watt (1)

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 12953

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:00:30 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 06:43:17 AM by micgoossens
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), RoomBot (1)

A friend of me invested early 2017 ..... Just a computer Guy Made small investment into crypto VERY bullish on btc and try to make his btc’s by alt trading offcourse in 2017 iT was Going perfectly ain’t much gains he was making than suddenly on his discord channel he posted
-... So basically Thats Why i went 70% ETH before i lost 25% computer to BTC 100% loss. There is No future right now in btc....
1. BTC No store of value (unless like gold Stable most time) BTC has No store of value iT is what people think its worth
2. Unlike Microsoft/Apple what they do is they buy back part of there stock with the profit they make throughout the year witch keep the price Going up, in btc there is No case like This, btc isn’t buying btc.
3. It’s not and won’t Be ready for mass adaption who’s Going to use This as an online currency for Goods When price is changing hard every second? With Paypal less fees and same speed, Why would people use iT to buy online goods.
4. The only reason btc is Going to have a bottom is because it’s used to buy other crypto, imagine all big Exchanges allowing altcoins to be bought with dollar/euro that would make bitcoin useless and Will have zero value

The fucked up things you read sometimes especially from friends you introduced into This world of crypto

Offcourse btc best store of value ever....!

Only for companys with fixen asseds like comparing Apple and pear

Mass adaption possible.... we can buy anything with btc’s and not like Paypal with a 3th party

Lol ..... This Guy has lot to learn

Even gold and everything is like what people thinks its worth....

The Guy So deep in alt’s i think that he possible lost much more
And.... but from here was a big discussion that ended with Him leaving or whatss app group .... the bombz that Where dropped on Him .....

What a bearmarket can do to Some ....

BUT also Many starting friends follow Him as wel and then spreading This FUD with having No vision pitty
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:01:30 AM

we need to have ChartBuddy back in town to stay focused!

Bitfinex

Bitstamp

Explanation

Cloudflare would ban ChartBuddy because he's a bot. We need a human who never sleeps to make the ChartBuddy posts.

ChartBuddy works in this thread.  It is just that no one has wanted to take that job.  I bet if anyone were to take that job and start providing ChartBuddy, or some other similarly named service that is similar to ChartBuddy, that person would likely earn a lot of merit with the passage of time.  

I personally would have done something to make a chartbuddy if either 1) I had skills in that direction or 2) I wanted to learn how to acquire such skills.   I really fail in both of those areas of 1) and 2).   Cry Cry
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:48:33 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 08:13:45 AM by 600watt
Merited by Arriemoller (1)

Huh

I do indeed work in standards as my day gig. However, ones of a very different nature. Without the standards I work on, none of this shit would even start working.

I thought you were too crypto rich to have a day job.

The picnic bear works because he "like it..".

hahahahahhaha

Roll Eyes

He works for the enemy, the USG.

In his spare time he volunteers for their asset, Ver, and the corresponding chicom asset, Wu.

Your assertion that I work for USG is simultaneously laughable on its face, and truly deserving of ridicule. It is quite apparent you are speaking of things of which you have zero knowledge, despite the fact that the open record in this very venue provides all required to see how truly laughable the assertion be.

What asset is the USG's? You mean the Federal Reserve Note? No. No volunteering on its behalf.

Oh you mean Ver is the USG's asset? First, I find the assertion that Ver be a USG asset ludicrous. You do realize he has at times been denied entry visa, right? Do you assert that as part of his 'plausible cover backstory'? Second, while our visions of the best means to free humanity from fiat slavery seem largely aligned, I certainly do not 'volunteer for Ver'.

And I suppose you mean that Wu is a chicom asset? I really have little direct evidence to say yea or nay here. Never met the man. Nonetheless, I might point out that Bitcoin Segwit is dominated by Wu in any sense that Bitcoin Cash is dominated by Wu. Further, I certainly do not 'volunteer for Wu'.

You should probably keep your vomitous crapulation to yourself. You are only serving to make yourself appear stupid.

Actually, Jbreher.  I had thought that Last of the V8 had no fucking basis at all for his shot in the dark last grasp at a USG govt assertion, so I totally shrugged off his claim.

However, now that you so vehemently defended various angles for why you are in "no way" affiliated with USG in any kind of way whatsoever, I am becoming more convinced that there has to be some kind of a USG connection there, somehow... someway.  New tentative theory has gotta be that picnic food eating bear is not really in the food stealing business, but instead part of dee gubmint.   Shocked  and we better alert Torque to this new tentative theory, because surely he would be skillful at getting at the bottom of it...  A problem with Torque, though, is that he prefers to come up with his own theories  Cheesy Cheesy..

as a history student I once did research/paper on the early history of institutionalized secret police in 19th century europe. parts of europe were fractioned in many small kingdoms, principalities and they all had developed secret police institutions. they sent out their agents to hunt the people who wanted democracy. to spy on them, to sniff on them, to create files about innocent folks. some/many of the agents became even agent provocateurs trying to infiltrate the networks of the democratic activists. there were so many of those agents that they sometimes outnumbered the real people at certain events. and that was just the start. those institutions have evolved since then. they had a chance to advance their infiltrating techniques and strategies for centuries!

I guess there are almost as many secret police institutions in the world as we have countries. big countries have several agencies anyway. (for example germany alone inhibits more than 30 undercover working agencies!) add to that the incredible number of OTHER government agencies that want to know stuff...  worldwide...
and how many important bitcoin forums are existing? a handful? some agencies monitor, some stir up, some collect, but get used to the fact that this forum is full of them.

edited
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:58:47 AM

Huh

I do indeed work in standards as my day gig. However, ones of a very different nature. Without the standards I work on, none of this shit would even start working.

I thought you were too crypto rich to have a day job.

The picnic bear works because he "like it..".

hahahahahhaha

Roll Eyes

He works for the enemy, the USG.

In his spare time he volunteers for their asset, Ver, and the corresponding chicom asset, Wu.

Your assertion that I work for USG is simultaneously laughable on its face, and truly deserving of ridicule. It is quite apparent you are speaking of things of which you have zero knowledge, despite the fact that the open record in this very venue provides all required to see how truly laughable the assertion be.

What asset is the USG's? You mean the Federal Reserve Note? No. No volunteering on its behalf.

Oh you mean Ver is the USG's asset? First, I find the assertion that Ver be a USG asset ludicrous. You do realize he has at times been denied entry visa, right? Do you assert that as part of his 'plausible cover backstory'? Second, while our visions of the best means to free humanity from fiat slavery seem largely aligned, I certainly do not 'volunteer for Ver'.

And I suppose you mean that Wu is a chicom asset? I really have little direct evidence to say yea or nay here. Never met the man. Nonetheless, I might point out that Bitcoin Segwit is dominated by Wu in any sense that Bitcoin Cash is dominated by Wu. Further, I certainly do not 'volunteer for Wu'.

You should probably keep your vomitous crapulation to yourself. You are only serving to make yourself appear stupid.

Actually, Jbreher.  I had thought that Last of the V8 had no fucking basis at all for his shot in the dark last grasp at a USG govt assertion, so I totally shrugged off his claim.

However, now that you so vehemently defended various angles for why you are in "no way" affiliated with USG in any kind of way whatsoever, I am becoming more convinced that there has to be some kind of a USG connection there, somehow... someway.  New tentative theory has gotta be that picnic food eating bear is not really in the food stealing business, but instead part of dee gubmint.   Shocked  and we better alert Torque to this new tentative theory, because surely he would be skillful at getting at the bottom of it...  A problem with Torque, though, is that he prefers to come up with his own theories  Cheesy Cheesy..

as a history student I once did research/paper on the early history of institutionalized secret police in 19th century europe. parts of europe were fractioned in many small kingdoms, principalities and they all had developed secret police institutions. they sent out their agents to hunt the people who wanted democracy. to spy on them, to sniff on them, to create files about innocent folks. some/many of the agents became even agent provocateurs trying to infiltrate the networks of the democratic activists. there were so many of those agents that they sometimes outnumbered the real people at certain events. and that was just the start. those institutions have evolved since then. they had a chance to advance their infiltrating techniques and strategies.

I guess there are almost as many secret police institutions in the world as we have countries. big countries have several agencies anyway. add to that the incredible number of OTHER government agencies that want to know stuff...  worldwide...
and how many important bitcoin forums are existing? a handful? some agencies monitor, some stir up, some collect, but get used to the fact that this forum is full of them.

Even if we create a list of the government agents, we won't be able to determine if we got it right or if the list makers ended up being the govt agents making shit up. 

TLDR:  We are all fucked!
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:17:18 AM

Wow, wtf happened on the WO? There's some real ignorance coming out here. GTFO polluting the thread and our world with racism. If you're not in support of all races, it's YOU that is divided. Next topic, bitcoin please.
Nobody is fucking equal, comrade. People are different.
Yes, we are all different. Don't make the mistake of thinking one way is better than another. Some of us live our lives abroad in various countries learning more about culture, humanity, and how we are connected. You come across to me as someone who's been sheltered in America and fed MSM garbage when you spew your BS. No offence, check yourself.
Of course some cultures are better than others. That's why the rest of the world is trying to get into the west. We build the best cultures. And I have traveled enough that it no longer interests me all that much. Take a trip to Manila yourself, you'll see just how shitty cultures can be.

Of course, while cultures are not equal, they are all beautiful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp-sr5LNA50
vroom
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1682

a Cray can run an endless loop in under 4 hours

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:24:24 AM

modrobert

Activity: 385
Merit: 333

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:25:03 AM

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but oscillating markets tend to favor a rebalancing strategy (bot or manual), for some reason rarely discussed in this thread (even if hinted at times).

In other words it doesn't really matter what happens to Bitcoin in the news, as long as the rate goes up or down, the only problem is when it goes sideways.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:26:07 AM

Racist is a meaningless buzzword, stating facts is now racist, yes jews control the media, and the banks, that's a fact, get over it.
yes blacks on average score much lower on IQ tests and commit a disproportionately high amount violent crimes?  is that ''racist''? don't know, don't care, but it happens to be true.

OMG People of color score lower on Ethnocentric tests. I'm not even going to dignify the rest of your crap.

Get a grip, you're a racist.

P.S.  This thread is about BTC.
*sigh* no. IQ tests are simply pattern recognition. There is nothing cultural about it. That tired old excuse is... tiresome.

And they do commit more crime. About four or five times as much per capita. Again, easy enough to look up for anyone who actually cares.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:27:49 AM

Personally I don’t think any 3 letter agency would find our little thread that interesting.
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:28:59 AM

When banks say they "might" be interested in Bitcoin futures you know they are gonna invest big time: https://www.ccn.com/european-banks-soon-hold-bitcoin-admits-ecb-president/
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:29:52 AM

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but oscillating markets tend to favor a rebalancing strategy (bot or manual), for some reason rarely discussed in this thread (even if hinted at times).

In other words it doesn't really matter what happens to Bitcoin in the news, as long as the rate goes up or down, the only problem is when it goes sideways.

The tricky bit is what pair do you choose to oscillate around ?  Most random walks in crypto have a bias. 
modrobert

Activity: 385
Merit: 333

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:31:42 AM

The tricky bit is what pair do you choose to oscillate around ?  Most random walks in crypto have a bias. 

USD worked well for me, but maybe there are better constant-mix alternatives?
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:33:11 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/how-dangerous-is-jordan-b-peterson-the-rightwing-professor-who-hit-a-hornets-nest
by
Dorian Lynskey

Dorian Lynskey is a music writer for the Guardian and Observer as well as magazines including Q, GQ and Mojo. He is the author of 33 Revolutions Per Minute: A History of Protest Songs (Faber).

Very dangerous. To the left. That's why he has become a global phenomenon. He is a modern Socrates.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:35:43 AM

Racist is a meaningless buzzword, stating facts is now racist, yes jews control the media, and the banks, that's a fact, get over it.
yes blacks on average score much lower on IQ tests and commit a disproportionately high amount violent crimes?  is that ''racist''? don't know, don't care, but it happens to be true.

OMG People of color score lower on Ethnocentric tests. I'm not even going to dignify the rest of your crap.

Get a grip, you're a racist.

P.S.  This thread is about BTC.
*sigh* no. IQ tests are simply pattern recognition. There is nothing cultural about it. That tired old excuse is... tiresome.

And they do commit more crime. About four or five times as much per capita. Again, easy enough to look up for anyone who actually cares.

Socio-economic status is a far more reliable predictor of IQ test performance.  Low SES children consistently underperform
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:36:51 AM

USD worked well for me, but maybe there are better constant-mix alternatives?

BTC/USD on a single exchange?   That’s hardly without bias Tongue
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:39:45 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/how-dangerous-is-jordan-b-peterson-the-rightwing-professor-who-hit-a-hornets-nest
by
Dorian Lynskey

Dorian Lynskey is a music writer for the Guardian and Observer as well as magazines including Q, GQ and Mojo. He is the author of 33 Revolutions Per Minute: A History of Protest Songs (Faber).

Very dangerous. To the left. That's why he has become a global phenomenon. He is a modern Socrates.

Do you have any other links to his writing ? As an avowed Marxist I look forward to having my mind blown. Unfortunately I don’t know any of the people in the above article he is talking about so it all falls a bit flat.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:42:03 AM
Merited by ErikvanBreen (5), Last of the V8s (1)

When banks say they "might" be interested in Bitcoin futures you know they are gonna invest have invested big time: https://www.ccn.com/european-banks-soon-hold-bitcoin-admits-ecb-president/
Pages: « 1 ... 19403 19404 19405 19406 19407 19408 19409 19410 19411 19412 19413 19414 19415 19416 19417 19418 19419 19420 19421 19422 19423 19424 19425 19426 19427 19428 19429 19430 19431 19432 19433 19434 19435 19436 19437 19438 19439 19440 19441 19442 19443 19444 19445 19446 19447 19448 19449 19450 19451 19452 [19453] 19454 19455 19456 19457 19458 19459 19460 19461 19462 19463 19464 19465 19466 19467 19468 19469 19470 19471 19472 19473 19474 19475 19476 19477 19478 19479 19480 19481 19482 19483 19484 19485 19486 19487 19488 19489 19490 19491 19492 19493 19494 19495 19496 19497 19498 19499 19500 19501 19502 19503 ... 33761 »
  Print  

Jump to: