May 09, 2024, 04:13:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20297 20298 20299 20300 20301 20302 20303 20304 20305 20306 20307 20308 20309 20310 20311 20312 20313 20314 20315 20316 20317 20318 20319 20320 20321 20322 20323 20324 20325 20326 20327 20328 20329 20330 20331 20332 20333 20334 20335 20336 20337 20338 20339 20340 20341 20342 20343 20344 20345 20346 [20347] 20348 20349 20350 20351 20352 20353 20354 20355 20356 20357 20358 20359 20360 20361 20362 20363 20364 20365 20366 20367 20368 20369 20370 20371 20372 20373 20374 20375 20376 20377 20378 20379 20380 20381 20382 20383 20384 20385 20386 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 20397 ... 33335 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380627 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:17:53 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (2)

*edited*

Why it doesn't show my image? Sorry for being a noob. I have the full link address between the IMG headers.

It has to do with your forum rank.. Here..have a sMerit.

------------

Thank you for that fine look deep into my personal psychology Jay. /s
There is no rage quit and many of you...perhaps all..mistake my disappointment for anger over which way the market decides to turn. I have told you before and will tell it to you again..I day trade very very little. When and if I do have to sell coins its only to cover operational costs for certain things at a very fundamental level. I am not trying to promote my "book" to anyone or hope to influence market direction to make a bigger "bag".  Muh bags are just fine thank you very much. I can only wear one pair of pants at time just like everyone else. Material things have less and less relevance in my daily routine as the years go by.

When my disappointment shows, it is due to having a moment where the entire world is watching bitcoin and it just slips away. The call to arms was issued...the sword raised high.

I cant for the life of me understand why anyone is selling coins at all for under $10k tbh.. I think most are in agreement the potential value is far in excess of that.

When things tend in a direction I have indicated of course I feel satisfaction and gratitude that the majority feels the same way. I honestly just try to tell what I am seeing and feeling. I have no idea why I have this need to "save" you..  It is a mental sickness I am sure.  Charts go up and charts go down..its in the nature of things.

So this brings us full circle..its not the why or how of price direction that causes me pain..it is the fact that if I post something here..and someone takes that as the gospel..and then..markets doing what they do..it goes another direction..that is what I stress about and lose of sleep over. Its that simple.

With that in mind I think its best if I get back to the basics and accept my retirement with as much grace as possible. I am supposed to be enjoying my golden years and limiting my stress intake, its not happening mucking around here. There are many out there with much more talent to show you what anyone with half a brain can see on the charts.

Now..with all that off my chest...I can get back to being a happy grumpy old man. Summer and the Fall are my time for travel and being out and about..the time for a good soak approaches.
 ...that is what I hand meant when I said see you next year..and who said I was referring to a terran calander.

Be kind..be thoughtful..give freely.
I am still observing.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:22:35 PM

*edited*

Why it doesn't show my image? Sorry for being a noob. I have the full link address between the IMG headers.

It has to do with your forum rank.. Here..have a sMerit.

------------

Wow, thanks, you just took my virginity!
cofefeGandalf

Activity: 96
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:33:32 PM

Grin Grin

Lol. Love that pic,super accurate.  Grin
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:36:26 PM

Grin Grin

Lol. Love that pic,super accurate.  Grin

oh my god, i want one! but make it a pair of horses pulling a full-sized Duesenberg!
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:40:15 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 07:46:49 PM by sirazimuth

^great meme.
 Yeah, It seems like the in vogue thing now amongst msm clueless crypto financial hacks and the like, is
to throw shade on Bitcoin but praise Blockchain.

Block-lettuce? I prefer wedge-lettuce. With bacon, bleu cheese, tomato, and red onion.
Too right!
 My favorite salad combo for sure.
(with some freshly cracked pepper, preferably from one of those giant horse leg peppercorn grinders the waiter twists and rests on his shoulder....)
cofefeGandalf

Activity: 96
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:46:55 PM
Merited by yefi (1), Robin,Hood (1)

Of course, the world has not yet seen a blockchain that has been battle-tested, that does not reward the maintainers in a native token. So there's that. What's the incentive?

Unless someone solves this problem in the realm of game theory, it is impossible.  This is one of the absolute foundational pillars for the stability of bitcoin the removal of which would create a sort of 2 legged stool.

Will there be a mass realization that blockchain without bitcoin is just a slow, shitty database? How long will this realization take?
I wonder about that, too. Most crypto people I know from meat space think some "newer, better" coin will supersede bitcoin, yet most don't know how bitcoin or any of the alts actually work.

What they also don't get is that if bitcoin was replaced by something newer, more shiny (assuming such a thing would exist), then not only would bitcoin be pointless but also the new shiny coin, and every next shiny coin down the line.

It's either bitcoin, hooks into bitcoin, or it's a parasite sucking on bitcoins success.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:02:18 PM

I heard a bitcoin maximalist somewhere make an interesting point recently. He said if you support any altcoin (or bitcoin fork), you're essentially supporting the continuation of the legacy fiat currency system, as you're supporting the printing of money out of thin air.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:03:51 PM

https://omniexplorer.info/address/3MbYQMMmSkC3AgWkj9FMo5LsPTW1zBTwXL

Tether funbux time again. But let's ignore that the last time they created a bunch the price went down the toilet.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:20:25 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 07:32:52 PM by Torque

I heard a bitcoin maximalist somewhere make an interesting point recently. He said if you support any altcoin (or bitcoin fork), you're essentially supporting the continuation of the legacy fiat currency system, as you're supporting the printing of money out of thin air.

That's sort of true, in that the fallacy exists that either (fiat or altcoin) has value the moment it is birthed. Just because something has a trade-able fiat price doesn't mean it actually has any value (just look at the penny stock market, or a company like Tesla lol).

But more importantly, if you support the altcoin market, you are also supporting the very (only?) mechanism that the establishment is maliciously exploiting and leveraging to slow down and attempt to strangle Bitcoin mass adoption - in its crib.

To do that, all they have to do is sew the seeds of confusion by creating tens of 1000s of coins and marketing them to the mass public "as all on the same level/playing field". Which is exactly what they did.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:30:23 PM

I think this is sort of apt.  Especially if you believe POW is the best form of securing a blockchain.

Because there is a limited amount of energy and resources to pour into proof of work it can be surmised that the security of blockchain networks is the sum total of the hashpower behind ALL of POW cryptocurrencies.  And to the extent we assign VALUE to the tokens on a competing blockchain, and hashpower to go along with it we are just minting more "bitcoin" in the broadest sence.

One reason we maximalists (yes, I am yet another Monero shill who calls himself a BTC maximalist* Wink ) cringe so hard when the topic of BCASH comes up is it is, among other things, one of the most directly Bitcoin diluting projects in every way.  At 1/6th the price of BTC it has effectively minted another 3.5MM Bitcoins.  And steals hashpower and value from the actual Bitcoin chain (while trying to coopt the name, and history of Bitcoin at the same time, bastards).

So yes.  The vast, vast, vast majority of altcoin projects are a direct or indirect attack on Bitcoin.

However there is value in those chains.  For example ETH teaches us LOTS of important lessons.  It has shown us what a ginormous attack surface can do.  It is also showing us what happens when you have an actual KING driving the "consensus".  I remember that time that Buterin, with all the grace of a 6 year old threatened to "leave the project" if certain things didn't change.   Can you imagine what a clusterfuck Bitcoin would be if Satoshi had stuck around?  Even if he (or Vitalik for that matter) had the purest of motives, corruption would creep up in some form or another and poison the well.

ETH may survive just because of first mover in the whole programmable aspect.  But Bitcoin adding things like RSK on *LAYER TWO* where it's much safer and does not touch the base protocol might just give ETH the reverse flippening with full ironic glory.

In fact the virtuous black hole of BITCOIN (BTC) will suck up all its bastard children in the end.  Perhaps leaving a handful of favorites to fulfill parallel functions in harmony with big daddy BTC.  What I don't know is how far along the path of sucking up all the meaningless paper-government-scrip-garbage BTC will have traveled before it turns on it's prodigal sons.

*this is not the place to discuss my reasons for making a fairly glaring exception for Monero to my above maximalist screed.  And, if fact, I hold a bit of cognitive dissonance against the fact I do make that exception.  But I have my reasons... if you care what they are feel free to ask me outside of here.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12076

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:49:29 PM

short PUMP lets hold on and see whats gonna happen this weekend  Roll Eyes
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:51:05 PM

Which makes absolutely no sense.  It's people making up lies to try and hide the fact there is no valid Schelling point in cryptocurrency, while there is one for the noble metals silver and gold.  In other words, people will be funneled into those assets whether they want to or not, while with cryptocurrency, every single variable about them is composed of completely arbitrary magic numbers that are not inherently needed or objectively good, and anyone can just come along and release a new one that's slightly different and claim it's 0.001% better than the last ad infinitum.

Or to look at it from a more cynical manner, you could claim every type of monetary instrument is some sort of pyramid scheme whether it's fiat, silver, gold, or bitcoin.  So how does one get other people to buy into your pyramid scheme?  With fiat it's force.  With silver and gold it's because the noble metals have the most exemplary traits of money available to humans and it requires two neutron stars colliding to make them, so humans are unable to counterfeit them.  Due to those fundamentals and inability to be counterfeited, the invisible hand of the market then guides everyone into them creating your Schelling point.

The fact cryptocurrencies are made of arbitrary, magic numbers based on artificial scarcity, and any human can counterfeit a new cryptocurrency in their basement, means they're completely useless as anything other than a transmission vehicle while the actual token is worthless.  It's similar to when the govt issued paper notes where the note could be redeemed for metals.   The notes were simply receipts - transmission vehicles; they had no value at all.  All you're really doing with bitcoin is recreating the 1971 Nixon moment when the real money was detached from the paper transmission vehicle and people are left holding valueless receipts.  I would know, my grandfather worked for Nixon.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:52:16 PM

Of course, the world has not yet seen a blockchain that has been battle-tested, that does not reward the maintainers in a native token. So there's that. What's the incentive?

Unless someone solves this problem in the realm of game theory, it is impossible.  This is one of the absolute foundational pillars for the stability of bitcoin the removal of which would create a sort of 2 legged stool.

Will there be a mass realization that blockchain without bitcoin is just a slow, shitty database? How long will this realization take?
I wonder about that, too. Most crypto people I know from meat space think some "newer, better" coin will supersede bitcoin, yet most don't know how bitcoin or any of the alts actually work.

What they also don't get is that if bitcoin was replaced by something newer, more shiny (assuming such a thing would exist), then not only would bitcoin be pointless but also the new shiny coin, and every next shiny coin down the line.

It's either bitcoin, hooks into bitcoin, or it's a parasite sucking on bitcoins success.

As data grows so does network capabilities and data communications

This was inherently known in the building of bitcoin.

Mathematically at some point the blockchain will be a see all and do all at any point in time instantly for any app based tool.

So far so good

blockchain.info

check out your wallet address balance

you gotta beat the bitcoin blockchain test base (9years, hacked to the nth degree - no success) before anything will supercede bitcoin

and the wealthy know it

The currency war continues

Flood with alt shitcoins - The new USD coin/ripple/bcash/ethereum (centralized crap)

and get peeps movin a way from the gold

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:04:59 PM

Mathematically at some point the blockchain will be a see all and do all at any point in time instantly for any app based tool.

The only thing mathematically certain about bitcoin is that transaction validators are mathematically designed to centralize, and that means it's mathematically certain to be a permissioned ledger where the rulers ruling over you can do anything they want, from blacklisting all your funds, to slipping in things like chain anchor, to altering coin count and anything else.  If you wish to be ruled over and be someone's bitch in a dystopian technocracy, then bitcoin is for you. If not, there is silver and gold.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:09:23 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 08:26:17 PM by mymenace

The only thing mathematically certain about bitcoin is that transaction validators are mathematically designed to centralize, and that means it's mathematically certain to be a permissioned ledger where the rulers ruling over you can do anything they want, from blacklisting all your funds, to slipping in things like chain anchor, to altering coin count and anything else.  If you wish to be ruled over and be someone's bitch in a dystopian technocracy, then bitcoin is for you. If not, there is silver and gold.

Good one

Problem the same transaction validators were used on gold and silver a long long long time ago (Welcome to the already dystopian technocracy)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

I agree with you, nothing is safe

to me bitcoin is the most decentralized market (slowly disappearing) I have ever seen

best shot for me to win

as always "Diversify Assets"

It has a double meaning

"and get peeps movin a way from the gold"

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:34:24 PM

Good one

Problem the same transaction validators were used on gold and silver a long long long time ago (Welcome to the already dystopian technocracy)

The trading with the enemy act where "THE CORPORATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" declared inhabitants of North America as enemies of the state is not a transaction validator.  Unlike shitcoins, metals don't have transaction validators! (aka middlemen)
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:41:54 PM

Good one

The trading with the enemy act where "THE CORPORATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" declared inhabitants of North America as enemies of the state is not a transaction validator.  Metals don't have transaction validators! (aka middlemen)

Its ok you can believe that.

Millions of us no longer follow the narrative or laws of most of 20th century laws and history (made in fear to monopolize and centralize the economy)

Quote that all you want we believe and will always believe the centralization of all stocks and commodities in the 20th century and the fact remains The US government 1933 stole the gold from its people, The US federal reserve 2008 stole the cash from the its people.

So now they can all go away.

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:52:36 PM

Millions of us no longer follow the narrative or laws of most of 20th century laws and history (made in fear to monopolize and centralize the economy)

So your plan to defeat the (((rulers))) is to use a system that has built-in, rent seeking middlemen residing over every transaction that you must pay a ransom fee to transact, while also asking them permission to transact at all, and simultaneously deleting the 5th amendment where anything you do is evidence against you by default, instead of using silver and gold which has none of these problems?  You're trying to con people into believing dystopia is utopia.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:56:14 PM
Merited by Icygreen (1)

So your plan to defeat the (((rulers))) is to use a system that has built-in, rent seeking middlemen residing over every transaction that you must pay a ransom fee to transact, while also asking them permission to transact at all, and simultaneously deleting the 5th amendment where anything you do is evidence against you by default, instead of using silver and gold which has none of these problems?  You're trying to con people into believing dystopia is utopia.

As much fun as it is to play the narrative going here.

Your projecting and baiting.

Step it up a bit it might get interesting.

Come on, its easy when you see it - we both talking about the same thing....

coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:14:13 PM

I'm looking forward to a day when people stop quoting roach so we don't have to see his comments in quotes...it kind of defeats the purpose of the ignore button  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 20297 20298 20299 20300 20301 20302 20303 20304 20305 20306 20307 20308 20309 20310 20311 20312 20313 20314 20315 20316 20317 20318 20319 20320 20321 20322 20323 20324 20325 20326 20327 20328 20329 20330 20331 20332 20333 20334 20335 20336 20337 20338 20339 20340 20341 20342 20343 20344 20345 20346 [20347] 20348 20349 20350 20351 20352 20353 20354 20355 20356 20357 20358 20359 20360 20361 20362 20363 20364 20365 20366 20367 20368 20369 20370 20371 20372 20373 20374 20375 20376 20377 20378 20379 20380 20381 20382 20383 20384 20385 20386 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 20397 ... 33335 »
  Print  

Jump to: