May 05, 2024, 02:16:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20366 20367 20368 20369 20370 20371 20372 20373 20374 20375 20376 20377 20378 20379 20380 20381 20382 20383 20384 20385 20386 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 20397 20398 20399 20400 20401 20402 20403 20404 20405 20406 20407 20408 20409 20410 20411 20412 20413 20414 20415 [20416] 20417 20418 20419 20420 20421 20422 20423 20424 20425 20426 20427 20428 20429 20430 20431 20432 20433 20434 20435 20436 20437 20438 20439 20440 20441 20442 20443 20444 20445 20446 20447 20448 20449 20450 20451 20452 20453 20454 20455 20456 20457 20458 20459 20460 20461 20462 20463 20464 20465 20466 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372383 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:26:11 AM

We don't have a proper government in the UK, and the arrest and imprisonment of Tommy Robinson may become more significnt thn the Italian crisis. It's opening up a massive can of worms.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:38:04 AM

The biggest pump and dump in the history of the world. Kudos, Bitcoiners!

The dark side I sense in you

ah hell, if that is the case it was a lot of fun....if it becomes 'Tulip City' so be it...I THINK I can squeak by till full retirement

on my 3 year retire early gig...so I guess, anything beyond pulling that stunt off is gravy...(or my start on self-justification for not selling and

in HODL mode...if it pans out to Tulips...a lousy 'go to hell' plan...but sheesh...most fun I've had these last 5 years since College...)

a fun ride ..we will see if it ends in a glide....or a crash...

You were here in 2013, this is nothing to worry about. Whale manipulation & mass accumulation stage. Don’t go anywhere until at least 2021.

Maybe you have noticed a pattern, LFC?    Searing seems to continuously talk as if he is getting scared out of his stash, but for some reason, he has continued to HODL on...... at least his online persona seems to have made that impression.    Undecided

yes...befuddled I am indeed.....my fingers are getting tired hanging this ledge over the abyss, however...

alas, in previous years 2013 to say Jan 2018 I was under the 'delusion' that I had an idea of wtf was going on...

yep...that cat left the house

I suppose someone can start a pool...when will Searing crack up and sell.....Ack!

ah hell, if that is the case it was a lot of fun....if it becomes 'Tulip City' so be it...I THINK I can squeak by till full retirement

on my 3 year retire early gig...so I guess, anything beyond pulling that stunt off is gravy...(or my start on self-justification for not selling and

in HODL mode...if it pans out to Tulips...a lousy 'go to hell' plan...but sheesh...most fun I've had these last 5 years since College...)

You were here in 2013, this is nothing to worry about. Whale manipulation & mass accumulation stage. Don’t go anywhere until at least 2021.

Maybe you have noticed a pattern, LFC?    Searing seems to continuously talk as if he is getting scared out of his stash, but for some reason, he has continued to HODL on...... at least his online persona seems to have made that impression.    Undecided

Well, Searing is close to (if not already) 65 years of age and on a fixed income now since he retired.  I realize he has some money from a 401k but now his overall wealth is probably fluctuating tremendously due to Bitcoin and it seems to me that his Bitcoin stash is what made him comfortable in his retirement decision. I can understand his concern.

Yep, this pretty much sums up my cowardice....dump the BTC as a sure thing, keep the Alts ..if the Alts pump, I missed making

more money because the BTC pumped...if the alts dump, well than obviously dumping the BTC was wise...

but if bitcoin dumps then the alts will dump too...and I will be doubly underwater

but yeah...essentially cowardice...on my part...

I admit that I feel a bit uncomfortable making fun at your expense, but I have to credit you with revealing the real dilemmas that exist, even when HODLing within a decent amount of profits (which seems to be your current situation).

Regarding a possible poll of "when Searing will crack?," that could be a fun one, but again such a topic would be at your expense, so such a poll could be a bit uncomfortable - except for the fact that you are acknowledging your own seeming precipice.

Regarding your outline of possibilities in front of you, I just conclude that you are so much embedded into a kind of gambling mentality and you are trying to play with all or nothing strategies, too much.  Why can't you be a bit more moderate about your approach without worrying so much?  Figure out a proportionality between various coins that make you comfortable, and then once you get that proportionality, then skim 10% or 20% off of the top and put into fiat (if that is a comfortable amount for you), so that you will feel more comfortable in the event that prices of whichever crypto goes down. 

Personally, I would say fuck you to a lot of the alts, but you are seeming a lot more sympathetic to them, so perhaps, your allocation is going to end up way more heavily allocated in the alt direction that I would chose (and perhaps several guys - and gal - in this thread). 
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:58:46 AM

Maybe you have noticed a pattern, LFC?    Searing seems to continuously talk as if he is getting scared out of his stash, but for some reason, he has continued to HODL on...... at least his online persona seems to have made that impression.    Undecided

yes...befuddled I am indeed.....my fingers are getting tired hanging this ledge over the abyss, however...

alas, in previous years 2013 to say Jan 2018 I was under the 'delusion' that I had an idea of wtf was going on...

I suppose someone can start a pool...when will Searing crack up and sell.....Ack!

Maybe you have noticed a pattern, LFC?    Searing seems to continuously talk as if he is getting scared out of his stash, but for some reason, he has continued to HODL on...... at least his online persona seems to have made that impression.    Undecided

Well, Searing is close to (if not already) 65 years of age and on a fixed income now since he retired.  I realize he has some money from a 401k but now his overall wealth is probably fluctuating tremendously due to Bitcoin and it seems to me that his Bitcoin stash is what made him comfortable in his retirement decision. I can understand his concern.

Yep, this pretty much sums up my cowardice....dump the BTC as a sure thing, keep the Alts ..if the Alts pump, I missed making

more money because the BTC pumped...if the alts dump, well than obviously dumping the BTC was wise...

but if bitcoin dumps then the alts will dump too...and I will be doubly underwater

I admit that I feel a bit uncomfortable making fun at your expense, but I have to credit you with revealing the real dilemmas that exist, even when HODLing within a decent amount of profits (which seems to be your current situation).

Regarding a possible poll of "when Searing will crack?," that could be a fun one, but again such a topic would be at your expense, so such a poll could be a bit uncomfortable - except for the fact that you are acknowledging your own seeming precipice.

Regarding your outline of possibilities in front of you, I just conclude that you are so much embedded into a kind of gambling mentality and you are trying to play with all or nothing strategies, too much.  Why can't you be a bit more moderate about your approach without worrying so much?  Figure out a proportionality between various coins that make you comfortable, and then once you get that proportionality, then skim 10% or 20% off of the top and put into fiat (if that is a comfortable amount for you), so that you will feel more comfortable in the event that prices of whichever crypto goes down. 

Personally, I would say fuck you to a lot of the alts, but you are seeming a lot more sympathetic to them, so perhaps, your allocation is going to end up way more heavily allocated in the alt direction that I would chose (and perhaps several guys - and gal - in this thread). 

Well, the ALTs up till recently or I should say still ..should be the ONLY thing I need to sell bit by bit, to get to

my 'unneeded and random' goal of reaching 66 years and full retirement, before 'touching' any of my 'traditional

investments' or social security. I can get Medicare at 65 a year earlier without issue. Thus as a 'random' goal

I can make the case of let it ride. The BTC Hoard....and no real issue with lifestyle.

The problem is *until recently* I was under the deluded viewpoint that i have some 'very small' angle on what

was going on with crypto and alts and mining....they now are all in flux and I am befuddled. My big miner

days will likely be wrapped up by July 4th, 2018 say as an appropriate end date. The price of BTC and ALTS

have 'halved' I think or more since 1/14/18 when I retired on the above 'iffy plan'.

On the other hand, I'm 63 years old, if I'm not gonna say 'to hell with it now' and take a chance...when?

So I flutter between outcomes....sell the alts, sell the btc, etc  trying to get the illusion back that at least

got me from 2013 till 2018 with SOME idea of wtf I am doing...those days seem to be gone. Truely, if all

that crypto does for me is allow me to retire 3 years early, at my same dubious lifestyle till the above

mentioned 66 years. Also, giving you guys a laugh at my expense does not hurt....good to have an ego

check on all this crypto stuff...

Anyway, crypto will work till it don't I guess....and I can decide to continue to ride or jump off...but

so far have resisted...there is NO WAY I can lose on any of the above .even if BTC goes to tulips

I am likely in no danger of having to go back to work for a living. Also this is the most fun using my

head on complex stuff, since i was in College, thus what? Back to 'internet cats' for intellectual stimulation?

Anyway, so far have resisted but if I did not have bitcointalk to 'bitch' about his or other stuff...I never

would have mined from 2013 onward and been in this dubious "first world problem" of shuffling crypto

vs usd about is HARD...sheesh ...I'm such a tool. Smiley As to dubious other off topic stuff I've done ...Is

I dumped 2.2 btc into LISK yesterday on that POS coin project. But that is my last hurrah with mining

done, adding to the LISK hoard......so we will see, it will be interesting to see what I do as well in the

future. But it is getting down to 'brace tack's" now....Alts are as good as they can get, BTC hoard secure

since 2015, big time pow scrypt mining is winding down, what? ICO's (don't trust them) masternodes?

(same not a clue) trading? can you guys see me trading crypto .you'd have to talk me off a microwave

tower...maybe that is it, when the fun/glamor/and your confidence goes on wth is going on..perhaps

pulling the plug on some/most is not a bad play...but then again, so many years of being called crazy

I'd hate for my friends/relatives/etc to be proved right if it all goes tulips....so again, will be interesting

to see what i do ..i've not a clue

Brad

savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:05:50 AM

No way it goes to $3,000. Too many people will pile in if it goes anywhere near low $5,000’s.

Yep... probably will be just a flash crash from 5k to 3k! But I see things on the charts still according to the plan. Smiley

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:07:23 AM

MY bank (credit union) does not have an online access for international wire transfers.

Same here, no online wires. But at least I don't have to walk in, I can do a phone transfer. And guess how I get the confirmation transfer slips? Yes, only by fax.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:10:33 AM

fax?

is that really a thing?
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:44:39 AM

Still used a lot in business. Frankly, it's still easier than scanning in a document and emailing it.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:01:31 AM

I noticed something on this thread.

The big and medium bitcoin stacks holder that are posting here for years turned to be talking like this now:

1/ When bitcoin is dumping very hard = they post about bitcoin price in a very conservative bearish mode + less posts.

I think its normal when one is holding asset which value is substantially increasing (/decreasing)

2/ ... The rich bitcoiners here talks very hard about jews, then silver, then jews, then silver.. and other bullshit topics ( thats the good manners of the rich bitcoiners).
I dont think r0ach is rich bitcoiner. I've read here, that he dumped all his bitcoins when they were still very cheap for metals. and now he is sour because of that :0

I know about him not having any bitcoin.

But they respond to him a lot of times then they switch to jews then other topics that arent related to bitcoin in general.
Roight mate, stop right there. Jews are the richest people in the world per capita and bitcoin could ultimately end up replacing the legacy fiat system. There are very few things more related to bitcoin than the jewish question.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:30:42 AM

Still used a lot in business. Frankly, it's still easier than scanning in a document and emailing it.

If your fax/scan machine is not too antiquated, it can email documents too!  I used to have one at work, but I stopped going there a few years ago.  It was too depressing.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:32:25 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 03:42:39 AM by mymenace

I noticed something on this thread.

The big and medium bitcoin stacks holder that are posting here for years turned to be talking like this now:

1/ When bitcoin is dumping very hard = they post about bitcoin price in a very conservative bearish mode + less posts.

I think its normal when one is holding asset which value is substantially increasing (/decreasing)

2/ ... The rich bitcoiners here talks very hard about jews, then silver, then jews, then silver.. and other bullshit topics ( thats the good manners of the rich bitcoiners).
I dont think r0ach is rich bitcoiner. I've read here, that he dumped all his bitcoins when they were still very cheap for metals. and now he is sour because of that :0

I know about him not having any bitcoin.

But they respond to him a lot of times then they switch to jews then other topics that arent related to bitcoin in general.
Roight mate, stop right there. Jews are the richest people in the world per capita and bitcoin could ultimately end up replacing the legacy fiat system. There are very few things more related to bitcoin than the jewish question.

Luvin it

Shapeshifters from the khazarian gypsies assimilating an ancient religion in the 8th to 10th century to stop persecution as well as obliterate and ensure the eventual demise of the Russia Tsar that invaded their homeland.

Constantly changing who they are and their name. Never the religion though.

History paints many stories

Is it true Jews were used as Royal financiers in the 19th century by the kings of Europe
No rights to anything, but some even housed in the palace to look after the Kings finances (A court Jew)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_Jew

Would you want to kill or remove the monarchy if you were treated not as a citizen of the Royalty that you save money for?

What would happen to all the monarchies of the 19th/20th century?
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:40:31 AM

GDAX down for maintenance as scheduled
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:47:16 AM

Well, Searing is close to (if not already) 65 years of age and on a fixed income now since he retired.  I realize he has some money from a 401k but now his overall wealth is probably fluctuating tremendously due to Bitcoin and it seems to me that his Bitcoin stash is what made him comfortable in his retirement decision. I can understand his concern.

Regarding your outline of possibilities in front of you, I just conclude that you are so much embedded into a kind of gambling mentality and you are trying to play with all or nothing strategies, too much.  Why can't you be a bit more moderate about your approach without worrying so much?  Figure out a proportionality between various coins that make you comfortable, and then once you get that proportionality, then skim 10% or 20% off of the top and put into fiat (if that is a comfortable amount for you), so that you will feel more comfortable in the event that prices of whichever crypto goes down.  

Well, the ALTs up till recently or I should say still ..should be the ONLY thing I need to sell bit by bit, to get to

my 'unneeded and random' goal of reaching 66 years and full retirement, before 'touching' any of my 'traditional

investments' or social security. I can get Medicare at 65 a year earlier without issue. Thus as a 'random' goal

I can make the case of let it ride. The BTC Hoard....and no real issue with lifestyle.

The problem is *until recently* I was under the deluded viewpoint that i have some 'very small' angle on what

was going on with crypto and alts and mining....they now are all in flux and I am befuddled. My big miner

days will likely be wrapped up by July 4th, 2018 say as an appropriate end date. The price of BTC and ALTS

have 'halved' I think or more since 1/14/18 when I retired on the above 'iffy plan'.

On the other hand, I'm 63 years old, if I'm not gonna say 'to hell with it now' and take a chance...when?

So I flutter between outcomes....sell the alts, sell the btc, etc  trying to get the illusion back that at least

got me from 2013 till 2018 with SOME idea of wtf I am doing...those days seem to be gone. Truely, if all

that crypto does for me is allow me to retire 3 years early, at my same dubious lifestyle till the above

mentioned 66 years. Also, giving you guys a laugh at my expense does not hurt....good to have an ego

check on all this crypto stuff...

Anyway, crypto will work till it don't I guess....and I can decide to continue to ride or jump off...but

so far have resisted...there is NO WAY I can lose on any of the above .even if BTC goes to tulips

I am likely in no danger of having to go back to work for a living. Also this is the most fun using my

head on complex stuff, since i was in College, thus what? Back to 'internet cats' for intellectual stimulation?

Anyway, so far have resisted but if I did not have bitcointalk to 'bitch' about his or other stuff...I never

would have mined from 2013 onward and been in this dubious "first world problem" of shuffling crypto

vs usd about is HARD...sheesh ...I'm such a tool. Smiley As to dubious other off topic stuff I've done ...Is

I dumped 2.2 btc into LISK yesterday on that POS coin project. But that is my last hurrah with mining

done, adding to the LISK hoard......so we will see, it will be interesting to see what I do as well in the

future. But it is getting down to 'brace tack's" now....Alts are as good as they can get, BTC hoard secure

since 2015, big time pow scrypt mining is winding down, what? ICO's (don't trust them) masternodes?

(same not a clue) trading? can you guys see me trading crypto .you'd have to talk me off a microwave

tower...maybe that is it, when the fun/glamor/and your confidence goes on wth is going on..perhaps

pulling the plug on some/most is not a bad play...but then again, so many years of being called crazy

I'd hate for my friends/relatives/etc to be proved right if it all goes tulips....so again, will be interesting

to see what i do ..i've not a clue

Brad

Perfect

..."then skim 10% or 20% off of the top and put into fiat"...
Metal, Stocks, Real estate as well if you can

Was having the same problem

This solved it

still doubt how much to sell and when but the skim makes you feel comfortable

If it all goes away you got more than what you started at

Cheerin
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:00:57 AM

GDAX back online
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:01:02 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 04:18:17 AM by bitserve

MY bank (credit union) does not have an online access for international wire transfers.

Same here, no online wires. But at least I don't have to walk in, I can do a phone transfer. And guess how I get the confirmation transfer slips? Yes, only by fax.

I had no idea banks like that still existed after the change to 21 century... Not that I would be using any of those not even in the nineties. There are no other banks available to you with proper internet access?

You guys are (almost) making me appreciate the "good" banks I do use when I don't even remember when was the last time I had to physically walk into one. Wire transfers are also completely hassle free and in some cases (SEPA transfers) almost instant.

It's the matter that they could just wipe out or freeze my funds at any time what has always worried me.... other than that, they are pretty convenient to "use".
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:28:19 AM

I had no idea banks like that still existed after the change to 21 century... Not that I would be using any of those not even in the nineties. There are no other banks available to you with proper internet access?

You guys are (almost) making me appreciate the "good" banks I do use when I don't even remember when was the last time I had to physically walk into one. Wire transfers are also completely hassle free and in some cases (SEPA transfers) almost instant.

It's the matter that they could just wipe out or freeze my funds at any time what has always worried me.... other than that, they are pretty convenient to "use".

use a commercial bank... I had a bank in 2013....i said I needed it in USD to Sweden for knc machines....they said no problem..the bank had a bot that auto changed

so they could nickel and dime some extra cash with the USD to other currencies kinda scam...bit here, bit there....was lost for 31 days..till fixed by hand, lucky knc waited

later

the same bank had a banker who heard I was into BTC in 2013..there was one of those 99,999.99 bank error slips sent to me in the mail..the bank manager

called the SEC on me...on speaker phone, the SEC guy was wtf when I showed the payment to knc of like 11,900 or some such..not 99,,9999.99 or whatever

the banker then did what and tried to cover his ass with the SEC guy...as

I expected and said BTC was evil and I must be cheating on taxes...got a CPA on this eventually previous to meeting (needs must when the devil drives)

on just this scenario

slapped the CPA completed taxes down with a FU and that pretty much ended that meeting with the SEC guy saying on speaker phone, 'why the hell am I here?'

So pure as the driven snow with IRS and SEC since....and the CPA actually saved me more $$$ due to asic equipment in 2013 to this day...

so yeah, get a commercial bank...that is what they are there for ...do your research...the bank was national tcf by the way...avoid

brad

jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:33:22 AM

fucking Brad
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:35:56 AM

fucking Brad

tis true...TCF bank avoid.....

use a commercial bank instead ...avoid at all costs TCF

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:40:53 AM
Merited by Searing (3)

Perfect

This solved it

Cheerin

I have rarely had to take any extra skim because I tend to sell on the way up and then to reallocate along the way... so every time that I am feeling out of kilter, I only have to skim 1% or so in order to get myself into a kind of comfortable rebalance.

Another part of my cash that I monitor is how much fiat that I have available (within my investment system to continue to buy on the way down).  If it appears that I am going to run out of fiat on the way down, then I have to make adjustments to my buying schedule to buy smaller amounts and/or to buy less frequently.

Surely, for any of us who are BTC accumulators, it is uncomfortable to experience the BTC price going down, because we are more rich, overall, if the BTC price goes up, but there remain ways that we can attempt to maintain less emotionality towards price movements by keeping some dry powder... and just keeping faith that the longer term, whether that is 1 year or 3 years or 5 years, or perhaps longer, we are going to be able to cash out some or all of our accumulated bitcoin that are likely much higher than the average price that we bought them... Of course, the break even and the profit price points are going to differ from person to person, and a lot of the dilemma that seems to currently be occurring with long term BTC hodlers is whether to skim a bit of profits right here to feel more comfortable, but it is not tending to be a question of selling at a loss, so the question of selling at a loss would likely be a different one related to long term faith, and likely a need to either continue to buy or to HODL rather than skimming a bit off the top, at these currently down more than 60% from the top BTC prices.

PS:  By the way, don't blame me, if you skim a bit off, and you end up selling at the bottom because BTC prices go shooting up from here. In the end, you are responsible for your own actions and your own measures to feel more comfortable, and each of us needs to have enough comfort feeling in our decision(s) that we feel prepared for the price do go in either direction.  We are NOT just preparing ourselves for one direction, because if you prepare yourself only for one direction, then you are gambling rather than really stabilizing your BTC/fiat holdings.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:44:58 AM

Perfect

This solved it

Cheerin

I have rarely had to take any extra skim because I tend to sell on the way up and then to reallocate along the way... so every time that I am feeling out of kilter, I only have to skim 1% or so in order to get myself into a kind of comfortable rebalance.

Another part of my cash that I monitor is how much fiat that I have available (within my investment system to continue to buy on the way down).  If it appears that I am going to run out of fiat on the way down, then I have to make adjustments to my buying schedule to buy smaller amounts and/or to buy less frequently.

Surely, for any of us who are BTC accumulators, it is uncomfortable to experience the BTC price going down, because we are more rich, overall, if the BTC price goes up, but there remain ways that we can attempt to maintain less emotionality towards price movements by keeping some dry powder... and just keeping faith that the longer term, whether that is 1 year or 3 years or 5 years, or perhaps longer, we are going to be able to cash out some or all of our accumulated bitcoin that are likely much higher than the average price that we bought them... Of course, the break even and the profit price points are going to differ from person to person, and a lot of the dilemma that seems to currently be occurring with long term BTC hodlers is whether to skim a bit of profits right here to feel more comfortable, but it is not tending to be a question of selling at a loss, so the question of selling at a loss would likely be a different one related to long term faith, and likely a need to either continue to buy or to HODL rather than skimming a bit off the top, at these currently down more than 60% from the top BTC prices.

Yep cool

yeah took a bit off here and there on the way up similar to what you outlined, skimming off the top would be difficult as you outlined

What you outlined is great, best how to be done.

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:48:25 AM

use a commercial bank... I had a bank in 2013....i said I needed it in USD to Sweden for knc machines....they said no problem..the bank had a bot that auto changed

so they could nickel and dime some extra cash with the USD to other currencies kinda scam...bit here, bit there....was lost for 31 days..till fixed by hand, lucky knc waited

later

the same bank had a banker who heard I was into BTC in 2013..there was one of those 99,999.99 bank error slips sent to me in the mail..the bank manager

called the SEC on me...on speaker phone, the SEC guy was wtf when I showed the payment to knc of like 11,900 or some such..not 99,,9999.99 or whatever

the banker then did what and tried to cover his ass with the SEC guy...as

I expected and said BTC was evil and I must be cheating on taxes...got a CPA on this eventually previous to meeting (needs must when the devil drives)

on just this scenario

slapped the CPA completed taxes down with a FU and that pretty much ended that meeting with the SEC guy saying on speaker phone, 'why the hell am I here?'

So pure as the driven snow with IRS and SEC since....and the CPA actually saved me more $$$ due to asic equipment in 2013 to this day...

so yeah, get a commercial bank...that is what they are there for ...do your research...the bank was national tcf by the way...avoid

brad

I am not sure what a commercial bank means. According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_bank. A commercial bank is basically what I would call a "bank". Maybe it is that here the difference between banks for business or individual persons is almost non-existent. All the banks I can recall now would offer all those services while at the same time being available to individual person clients.

About the horror story you had with your bank in 2013... yeah, it is that sort of stuff what worries me. Them being in control direct control of your money means that things could go very ugly if some mistake/misinterpretation happens. That's what I like about Bitcoin: I am in direct control of my BTC.

But, other than that, don't really have much to complain about the general usage through their internet platforms.
Pages: « 1 ... 20366 20367 20368 20369 20370 20371 20372 20373 20374 20375 20376 20377 20378 20379 20380 20381 20382 20383 20384 20385 20386 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 20397 20398 20399 20400 20401 20402 20403 20404 20405 20406 20407 20408 20409 20410 20411 20412 20413 20414 20415 [20416] 20417 20418 20419 20420 20421 20422 20423 20424 20425 20426 20427 20428 20429 20430 20431 20432 20433 20434 20435 20436 20437 20438 20439 20440 20441 20442 20443 20444 20445 20446 20447 20448 20449 20450 20451 20452 20453 20454 20455 20456 20457 20458 20459 20460 20461 20462 20463 20464 20465 20466 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: