May 01, 2024, 09:50:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 21344 21345 21346 21347 21348 21349 21350 21351 21352 21353 21354 21355 21356 21357 21358 21359 21360 21361 21362 21363 21364 21365 21366 21367 21368 21369 21370 21371 21372 21373 21374 21375 21376 21377 21378 21379 21380 21381 21382 21383 21384 21385 21386 21387 21388 21389 21390 21391 21392 21393 [21394] 21395 21396 21397 21398 21399 21400 21401 21402 21403 21404 21405 21406 21407 21408 21409 21410 21411 21412 21413 21414 21415 21416 21417 21418 21419 21420 21421 21422 21423 21424 21425 21426 21427 21428 21429 21430 21431 21432 21433 21434 21435 21436 21437 21438 21439 21440 21441 21442 21443 21444 ... 33313 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370552 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:47:16 AM

On the other hand, if you moved your bitcoin from the old addresses, but you never claimed your bcash from those old addresses, then those old addresses would be bcash fork eligible.

Well, unless you've had those transactions replayed on the BCH chain. In which case: too bad, so sad.

'Youze been played, sucka!'

Fair enough.. replay protection can be kind of tricky, if that is what you are sayin... which I had attempted to account for such possibility but I may not understand the situation enough to know how to protect exactly.  On a personal level, I did claim all of my bcash already, so that replay situation does not seem to have affected me in terms of my bcash, anyhow.   But could end up being confusing for others who may have moved their bitcoin's subsequent to the bcash fork and have not yet claimed or otherwise secured the bcash that were left with those earlier private keys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:36:01 AM

Bitcoin Volatility Index has been stable for the past week around 1.41-1.45%...

Low volatility on the volatility.

The uptrend usually builds from the lowest volatility (under 1%). All of those "get rich quick" n00bs have taken their candy and gone home. Not worth buying bitcoins with their credit cards anymore. If the FOMO crowd is gone and price is still stable that means there is a steady flow of money coming in to counter the miners producing BTC. That means that in less than 2 years when the halving hits, the price has to go up. Enough people realize this and start buying before the halving. By the time the halving happens the change is already priced in (unless the effect is over/under estimated).

If the price indeed follows the pattern you are describing, it would almost be to obvious. But in retrospective, this whole collapse up and down to 20k does look to familiar as well.

I will definitely be there with you in two, five and more years: they can pry those bitcoins from my dead fingers.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2091
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:18:40 AM

Maybe low volatility leads to high volatility? Hmm... Grin
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:26:46 AM

Actually, I didn't mean I was going to put an animated pacman on your hat but... good idea.  I was just trying to show you that everyone was wearing avatar hats except pacman... anyway, no pressure; that's not how we roll in the WO thread.  Our methods are much more subtle.

Woosh! Now having a better look, too good!, well done.
I will be patient and wait until one day I earned one. Thanks.

On a different note: For the first time I tried to be more disciplined in accumulating some more bitcoin: put in some greedy laddered limit orders all the way down to $5500, instead of just entering a limit order close to the spot price.

Would have thought I would then be happy both ways: price goes down = more bitcoin, price goes up = more dollars. But I am not. No clue what to do with this virtual profit when price goes up. But I still damn love putting those extra bitcoins in a cold wallet, safely stashed away from bankers, hedge funds, Wall Street and governments.

I got emotionally, technically, politically and economically involved. I know, but Bitcoin has become part of me. It represents so much more then the wealth it has given me as a tiny little individual.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:27:27 AM

Regarding gold and silver, I thought that these such Pms would continue to languish, especially due to their lack of portability,  difficulties to secure, difficulties to verify purity and difficulties to divide, and likely other problemas.  

Fake talking points, especially "lack of portability".  What do all outrageous scams have in common?  They ALL have unrivaled portability, whether it's mortgage backed securities or fiat paper represented by digital numbers.  Why do instruments like that have high portability?  Because you aren't actually transferring ANYTHING of value at all.  For all you elementary children out there, if something has no value, this is represented by the number zero.  Transferring zero from point A to point B is a completely frictionless enterprise.  It breaks no laws of physics!

You're attempting to claim something having absolutely no value whatsoever is a positive.  Completely laughable.  If something has abnormally high portability, it's not a sign you've discovered the holy grail, you've discovered the holy grail of scams.  Friction is required in any real biological or cosmological process.  As for difficulty to secure, how often do you see a silver or gold vault whether commerical or private being robbed or having everything in it mysteriously vanish?  Not very often.  How often do you see this in bitcoin?  Like every day.  

These are all complete bullshit, nonsensical talking points.  "Difficulty to verify purity"?  You obviously don't understand shitcoins have no Schelling point.  You're the one with the "difficulty to verify" problem.  Shitcoins can be produced infinitely with no overhead with absolutely no reason to use one over another.  In fact, they have a reverse Schelling point because you're incentivized to use a different coin where the distribution favors you instead.  Since you can't frictionlessly produce a new form of the noble metals in your basement, metals don't have show stopper problems like this.
greensheep

Activity: 278
Merit: 44

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:36:51 AM

4th bullish pennant in the making on the 4h chart
Looks good on the 6h chart too.

1D still looks ugly and 7k looks top.
On the 12h we are close to 200 SMA-> break up for november?? Smiley

Yaplatu

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

28K=Buy | Wallet=100% BTC

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:37:50 AM

Grin

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:49:28 AM
Merited by bitserve (1)

Actually, I didn't mean I was going to put an animated pacman on your hat but... good idea.  I was just trying to show you that everyone was wearing avatar hats except pacman... anyway, no pressure; that's not how we roll in the WO thread.  Our methods are much more subtle.

Woosh! Now having a better look, too good!, well done.
I will be patient and wait until one day I earned one. Thanks.

On a different note: For the first time I tried to be more disciplined in accumulating some more bitcoin: put in some greedy laddered limit orders all the way down to $5500, instead of just entering a limit order close to the spot price.

Would have thought I would then be happy both ways: price goes down = more bitcoin, price goes up = more dollars. But I am not. No clue what to do with this virtual profit when price goes up. But I still damn love putting those extra bitcoins in a cold wallet, safely stashed away from bankers, hedge funds, Wall Street and governments.

I got emotionally, technically, politically and economically involved. I know, but Bitcoin has become part of me. It represents so much more then the wealth it has given me as a tiny little individual.

It seems to me that it is easier to sell off a few bitcoins when the price goes up when you feel that you overinvested a little bit... so then you don't feel so bad to convert a few coins back to dollars when the price goes up.

I am not talking about anything outrageous, just attempt to be reasonable.  Let's say that your goal was to acquire 5 coins, but instead you acquired 6 coins.  Therefore, you don't feel bad to sell the one coin off, little by little up until whatever price point you set for yourself.. even up to $20k or $30k, you could sell small parts of it on the way up.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:53:14 AM

Looks like my idea that in the future anyone who wants to buy something like a television or computer in a 3rd world nation (aka any nation without a manufacturing base like the US) will need to go to a pawn shop is coming true:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13537/us-doc-sides-with-micron-bans-exports-to-chinese-dram-maker

It's actually a good thing though.  China completely destroyed the local, reseller, and second hand markets in most countries.  When all local commerce, general stores, pawn shops, whatever you want to call them, have been viable entities for hundreds of years and suddenly become completely unviable overnight, it would mean for this new paradigm to continue, humans would ALL have to adopt absurd specialization that renders society ultra-fragile to collapse due to no redundancy while also having 99% of the population become redundant as well (even if it was lowered to one half or more).

This phenomenon, aka globalization, is a clear massive overshoot, and is now going to massively overshoot back the other direction to ultra-localized.  It doesn't matter how much the Jewish controlled puppet politicians try to force globalization to the detriment of the people.  In the end, govt has to represent the interests of the people in some manner or the people always rise up and dispatch of them eventually, so it's already a foregone conclusion "globalism" will be dispatched of one way or another.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12027

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:26:34 AM

https://www.ccn.com/more-than-a-quarter-of-young-germans-are-interested-in-crypto-investing/

let them invest Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:29:36 AM

Regarding gold and silver, I thought that these such Pms would continue to languish, especially due to their lack of portability,  difficulties to secure, difficulties to verify purity and difficulties to divide, and likely other problemas.  

Fake talking points, especially "lack of portability".  What do all outrageous scams have in common?  They ALL have unrivaled portability, whether it's mortgage backed securities or fiat paper represented by digital numbers.  Why do instruments like that have high portability?  Because you aren't actually transferring ANYTHING of value at all.  For all you elementary children out there, if something has no value, this is represented by the number zero.  Transferring zero from point A to point B is a completely frictionless enterprise.  It breaks no laws of physics!

You can say "fake talking point" all the fuck you want, but if we narrow down the conversation to gold and bitcoin, and we go to make the comparison, good luck moving $1million dollars worth of gold around.

You're attempting to claim something having absolutely no value whatsoever is a positive.  Completely laughable.  

I doubt that I was making any such claim.  I don't want to get into particulars with all the bullshit fake gold paper products, if we merely stick with comparing physical gold to bitcoin, then we have two items that have actual value in today's world.  Figure out how you are going to move each of them around, and one of them (bitcoin) is way fucking easier to manage...

If something has abnormally high portability, it's not a sign you've discovered the holy grail, you've discovered the holy grail of scams.  

It seems that I have discovered bitcoin, and it seems that a lot of other people have discovered it too.  Accordingly, more and more people are discovering it.

Friction is required in any real biological or cosmological process.  

I am not sure exactly what you are getting at, here, but if you are trying to suggest that bitcoin lacks value because it is not sufficiently physical, then you seem to be caught up in too much myopia.  People don't go there no more.  Even though currently, gold has current market cap around $7 trillion or $8trillion dollars, maybe its value will double or triple in the coming 10 years, and that's a BIG MAYBE. 

In the next 10 years, I would think bitcoin has much better chances to increase from its current $100 billion value (even to 2x or 3x or even 5x), and even decent chances to pass up the total market cap of gold, which could be a 100x or 200x price appreciation for bitcoin from its current price.. which certainly remains in a reasonable realm of possibilities for bitcoin.

We do not necessarily have to bank on such 10x, or 100x or 200x BTC price appreciations in the next 10 years to still be able to recognize decent upwards price appreciation possibilities for bitcoin.   Even if BTC merely doubles in the next 10 years, would be decent return on investment, which seems totally feasible.. and even likely to be a better investment than gold or silver.

As for difficulty to secure, how often do you see a silver or gold vault whether commerical or private being robbed or having everything in it mysteriously vanish?  Not very often.  How often do you see this in bitcoin?  Like every day.

Huh?  Why you need to discuss commercial holdings of gold?  I though that we were wanting to talk about personal holdings?  Sure, I suppose you could keep a few million in gold in your house or divided up amongst a few hidden locations, but if you are really getting into a decent quantity of gold, then it seems like it is going to be heavy.  ON a personal level, I suppose you might not have to have extra security for $1million or less if you just hide the gold in various places.  Bitcoin does seem easier, but it comes down to the whole combination of the process of not only storing it but there comes a time that you need to move it around and to spend it.. so I suppose you could find some folks who will help you liquidate your gold without gouging you on fees, perhaps?  To me, bitcoin seems much easier.. and this is a bitcoin thread, so I am not sure why we need to get into these kinds of particulars.  If you know about so many easy ways to store and move around and cash out your gold, then all the power to you.. go forth with that in some other thread.

These are all complete bullshit, nonsensical talking points.  "Difficulty to verify purity"?

Who cares?  This is not a compare bitcoin to gold thread, even though bitcoin is much easier to verify than gold.  So how could it be bullshit beyond your asserting it.. and actually none of us needs to either know about gold or give a ratt's ass about gold because this is the wrong thread...I am sure that there are other forum threads that are more than willing to go down that road and the subject of compare and contrast would even be relevant to such thread.  you just continuously want to derail, it seems by pumping your bullshit, and then asserting that people here don't know enough about your irrelevant talking point... of course, we don't necessarily know shit, because your talking points, are not relevant.  You dumb ass.

You obviously don't understand shitcoins have no Schelling point.
Are you talking about bitcoin?  Of course, bitcoin has shelling points and with the passage of time the shelling points go up and up and up as the networking effects continue to increase.  You understand Trace Mayers outline of 7 network effects in bitcoin, correct?

You're the one with the "difficulty to verify" problem.  

What are you talking about, again?  Bitcoin can be verified on the blockchain.  Of course, if BTC HODLers are holding with third parties than there could be some verification problems with that, but those people can claim their bitcoins at any time to then verify them in a private holding situation in which they can verify that they have the quantity of BTC that they believe that they have.

Shitcoins can be produced infinitely with no overhead with absolutely no reason to use one over another.

Stick to bitcoin fucktard.  Who gives a ratt's ass if there are more than 1,000 other altcoins (shitcoins) printed, and that shitcoin printing phenomenon does not undermine the scarcity of bitcoin, as you (and other bitcoin naysayers) would like to presume that altcoin printing does undermine bitcoin and merely you and other bullshit spreaders create strawmen factors in order to  argue some nonsense points that are not even relevant to actually what bitcoin is doing... Get a fucking grip with your convoluted inflation strawman arguments.

In fact, they have a reverse Schelling point because you're incentivized to use a different coin where the distribution favors you instead.  

Again, no one is arguing any need to use any other coins, except for you.  Of course, if you find various coins have lesser value than bitcoin, then you might spend those coins first, under a gresham's law type approach to money, but there is no reason that bitcoin is not coming together around its own sound money principles, and bitcoin, by the way, is the most sound money ever created, including being more sound than either gold or silver... which you likely realize that but you are still spouting out misinformation talking points and trying to ignore the obvious.

Since you can't frictionlessly produce a new form of the noble metals in your basement, metals don't have show stopper problems like this.

Again, you seem to be attempting to criticize bitcoin by lumping in altcoins into the same umbrella... and who the hell is going to go along with that messy amorphous and nonspecific framework, except for folks like you who are engaged in fantasy creations of situations that do not exist in order to make up ongoing strawman arguments.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:33:10 AM

Did Tone Vays cover his short yet?  If not, I am looking forward to the coming head shot. 

The coil is almost done.  It's gonna move hard.  It has to.

Tone Vays proclaims not to trade BTC.  He proclaims only to teach BTC trading and the calling of so called balls and strikes.
who is this tone vays y'all talking about Roll Eyes
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:38:53 AM

Perhaps, mic plays his cards just right...

"The Nomad Passport Index, meanwhile, ranks 199 citizenships on five factors: visa-free travel, international taxation, perception, dual citizenship and personal freedom.
According to its 2017 list, the most desirable passports come from Sweden, followed by Belgium."

Hmmm.
At some point..in 2020-2025, many here might be interested in broadening their geographical "horizons".
I just want to travel from one reasonably moderate climate to another with plenty of water spaces around.

born and raised a belgium guy, but i didn't know the passports where that desirable.....

and keep up the travelling, its the best thing in life to visit all the nice places Wink

for the rest with playing my card good ....... "guess thats only with playing cards" Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:40:08 AM

Did Tone Vays cover his short yet?  If not, I am looking forward to the coming head shot. 

Tone Vays proclaims not to trade BTC.  He proclaims only to teach BTC trading and the calling of so called balls and strikes.

He's just a notorious person in the space.  He had been predicting BTC to drop to $1,300 or to $3k and then he was also a guy who made a bet with Jojo's buddy, Doug polk (about BTC dropping below $6k) and ended up winning that bet.  He's overall bullish, but he thinks that deep corrections are necessary.. he may even be similar to Majormax or Hairybeary.. perhaps? of course, everyone has differing perspectives, but he charges people to take BTC trading seminars from him and he also get's interviewed quite a bit in the bitcoin space as a bitcoin maximalist who proclaims that nearly all altcoins are scams.  He has a lot of decent ideas, even though he is sometimes wrong, and you can certainly google him to find quite a bit of free content with him as one of the participants in the interviews or his solo lecturing BTC market predictions.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:42:51 AM

Back from the holiday and what I see, out of the 64xx area and seeing 65xx, YEEHAW! Is this the massive pump everyone was talking about? Cheesy

Didn't check the price much while I was away, though read the forum couple of times, now I have loads of pages to go through and see what's been going on Smiley

don't expect to MUCH, the price was only going sideways and boring as F***..... hope you had a good time out there, clearing the head in a nice country as sri lanka.

i go next mont on a 3 day trip, but F*** i could use a proper vacation
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:43:51 AM

He's just a notorious person in the space.  He had been predicting BTC to drop to $1,300 or to $3k and then he was also a guy who made a bet with Jojo's buddy, Doug polk (about BTC dropping below $6k) and ended up winning that bet.  He's overall bullish, but he thinks that deep corrections are necessary.. he may even be similar to Majormax or Hairybeary.. perhaps? of course, everyone has differing perspectives, but he charges people to take BTC trading seminars from him and he also get's interviewed quite a bit in the bitcoin space as a bitcoin maximalist who proclaims that nearly all altcoins are scams.  He has a lot of decent ideas, even though he is sometimes wrong, and you can certainly google him to find quite a bit of free content with him as one of the participants in the interviews or his solo lecturing BTC market predictions.

i hated him to win that BET   Angry
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:48:37 AM

Grin

hey down there.....

ssssssssjjj on the quiet, but its like the 3th time in 5 pages or something, read the threat some guys don't like some pics, (DO LIKE THE PIC THOUGH  Wink
Olegya199

Activity: 480
Merit: 129

HODL

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:27:49 AM

Our guy!))
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 10:31:49 AM

Slightly difficult for Germans to invest. Though with SEPA they can use the european exchanges.

No localbitcoin though. When I was there selling on LBC it was mainly middle aged guys buying. A few because they didn't like their government tracking all of their transactions. One or two I am fairly certain needed it for their habit. But most were just regular dudes. Not many young though.

Also...German Nazi Polizei suck donkey balls. In case any are reading this.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:32:29 AM

FUNNY VIDEO Wink  

https://twitter.com/1thousandx/status/1059789209572139009

Pages: « 1 ... 21344 21345 21346 21347 21348 21349 21350 21351 21352 21353 21354 21355 21356 21357 21358 21359 21360 21361 21362 21363 21364 21365 21366 21367 21368 21369 21370 21371 21372 21373 21374 21375 21376 21377 21378 21379 21380 21381 21382 21383 21384 21385 21386 21387 21388 21389 21390 21391 21392 21393 [21394] 21395 21396 21397 21398 21399 21400 21401 21402 21403 21404 21405 21406 21407 21408 21409 21410 21411 21412 21413 21414 21415 21416 21417 21418 21419 21420 21421 21422 21423 21424 21425 21426 21427 21428 21429 21430 21431 21432 21433 21434 21435 21436 21437 21438 21439 21440 21441 21442 21443 21444 ... 33313 »
  Print  

Jump to: